{'en': 'Blurred view with hyperglycemia', 'es': 'Vista borrosa con hiperglucemia'} Image

Blurred view with hyperglycemia

Enrike89's profile photo   02/09/2011 9:34 p.m.

There is no logical explanation that justifies a transient blurred vision by hyperglycemia.Before attributing any visual alteration to diabetes (in the absence of retinopathy it does not make much sense), it would be necessary to verify a correct optical correction of a possible existing ametropia

Javier Arriaga Sanz's profile photo
Javier Arriaga Sanz
02/24/2017 8:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Speaking of view problems, I don't know if it's for diabetes but for months I am seeing the halos of the lights, especially at night and more and more.I have been with the hospital ophthalmologist and he told me that it is for having dry eyes (I have for almost a year) and has registered me ... and in a consultation with it he told me that it was for the glasses(I have been almost 20 years old) and that I put slowly.

Some of here happen?@Oftalmologo any idea?I already told him what I read online and after seeing me he told me no.

Anasyx's profile photo
Anasyx
02/24/2017 11:40 p.m.

The vision of colored halos is justified when the eye is dry.There is another disease, more importantly, glaucoma, which can have the same symptoms, so it is important that you take the ocular tension to rule it out.Of course, if you have a dry eye, the lenses are going to be a calvary

Javier Arriaga Sanz
02/25/2017 8:50 a.m.

Well @Oftalmologo If I am sincere, I do not remember that in the months I have gone to the consultation, I have measured the eye pressure once, dilate my pupil and leave me half blind if but the other one does not, I will look to see if in the oculistaYou can measure it.Thanks for the info !!

Anasyx's profile photo
Anasyx
02/25/2017 9:47 a.m.

anasyx said:
well
Yes but the other is not, I will look to see if in the oculista you can measure it.Thanks for the info !!

Distrust of an ophthalmologo that does not dilate your pupil

Javier Arriaga Sanz
02/25/2017 2:22 p.m.

Thanks ophthalmologist for answering so ràpido.They have made a study of the view and the doctor has seen me normal.I have looked at the eye pressure, field of vision, the bottom of the eye etc.I see the letters of television blurry and at night the lights of the cars dazzle me, the sun bothers me.Volume 20mg of hydrocortisone for three years, for an immune adrenal insufficiency.At the beginning of taking it sometimes I was going to see blurry, but now it is every day.This last ophthalmological review that I have made about two weeks ago, the result is normal.Do you think it can be for the cortisone that I have these alterations in the view?(See blurry, cars lights dazzle at night, the annoying sun etc.) I thought it could be for a hyperglycemía, which I had a few months ago, but currently the sugar is normalized.Because if it were amethropy as you say it would have seen it the ophthalmologist.What do you think?Thank you very much for all ophthalmológo

Mar1111's profile photo
Mar1111
02/25/2017 7:52 p.m.

The appearance of cataracts after prolonged corticosteroid administration is described for a long time, but it seems very soon after only three years.In addition, it would have been detected in the recent ophthalmological review.Although it is ventured to pronounce without being able to explore the patient, the blurred vision next to lights that dazzles and discomfort with the sun, lead us to think that it is a severe problem of corneal dryness.Of course, after a refraction problem has been ruled out

Javier Arriaga Sanz
02/26/2017 6:39 p.m.

enrike89 said:
I open this post to tell you what happens to me for 1 year or so and that did not happen to me before ..

It turns out that I wear glasses because it will do 6 or 7 years, 1.5 diopters in each eye, they already told me that I had nothing to do with diabetes because anyone could have it, and I always saw well.

Now lately when I get the sugar notice that I lose sight even carrying the glasses or slows on.Nor is it always, it is only in some hyperglycemia, but it leaves me to lose sight sometimes having the high sugar, it is as if the diopters climb me for a few hours ..

I asked my endo in the last consultation and told me that having the high sugar sometimes affects the lens, but that it was normal and should not worry ..

Something similar happens to you?

With hypoglycemia you can also happen to me, it usually happens to me when the loss of sugar is abrupt.
But do not worry unfortunately everything is reduced in an exhaustive control of your diabetes.

JCerejido's profile photo
JCerejido
01/02/2022 7:07 a.m.

DM1 Desde 1985, Novorapid y Toujeo. HG 6,3

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.