{'en': 'Blurred view with hyperglycemia', 'es': 'Vista borrosa con hiperglucemia'} Image

Blurred view with hyperglycemia

Enrike89's profile photo   02/09/2011 9:34 p.m.

I open this post to tell you what happens to me for 1 year or so and that did not happen to me before.

It turns out that I wear glasses because it will do 6 or 7 years, 1.5 diopters in each eye, they already told me that I had nothing to do with diabetes because anyone could have it, and I always saw well.

Now lately when I get the sugar notice that I lose sight even carrying the glasses or slows on.Nor is it always, it is only in some hyperglycemia, but it leaves me to lose sight sometimes having the high sugar, it is as if the diopters climb me for a few hours ..

I asked my endo in the last consultation and told me that having the high sugar sometimes affects the lens, but that it was normal and should not worry ..

Something similar happens to you?

Enrike89's profile photo
Enrike89
02/09/2011 9:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It happened to me in the diagnosis, of course I had a bestial hyperglycemia ... now it has not happened to me anymore, I do not usually go from 200 almost ever:-/ .... But it is true what the endocrine told you, it affectsto the lens

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/10/2011 3:24 a.m.

Hi,
I spent the debut and days before entering, I had a bestial hyperglycemia and I saw very blurred, the endocrine told me it was normal, but now as I did not pass from 200 because it has not happened again
Greetingsssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
02/10/2011 4:41 a.m.

Ah well that already reassures me a lot, haha.

Of the hyperglycemia that I commented that I saw blurred would be when I had 400 or more ..

Now for a while I have decided to take care of myself and 250 did not pass.

Greetings and thanks for helping to solve my doubts: D

Enrike89's profile photo
Enrike89
02/10/2011 6:40 p.m.

Enrique, I think it is a fairly common symptom, and (speaking without having an idea) I imagine that it will have to do with the irrigation of the blood vessels of the cornea or something.We already know that hyper can damage our eyes a lot.It happens to me too.I see, but I see worse.

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
02/13/2011 8:21 a.m.

Enrike, I can't tell you more than they have told you.In my debut, I not only saw blurry but I told everyone to look at me if I had something in my eye because I had the feeling that something had gotten into me.

nella's profile photo
nella
02/14/2011 5:50 a.m.

Wow, I see that it is common to lose sight when you have high glucose.That if, do you think there will be problems regarding the operation of eyes for having had or having so many sugar climbs and noticing that feeling of seeing worse in those cases?

I am thinking of operating my eyes, but I am afraid because I did not notice that of blurred before, and now I often noticed it ... to see if for wanting to fix an insignificant thing, I will spoil something fundamental in life asIt is the view ..

Enrike89's profile photo
Enrike89
02/14/2011 11:22 p.m.

Hi Enrike.
In the debut it also happened to me, I thought I had uploaded myopia ...

As for the operation, my sister did a study just after I debuted, and asked those of the clinic because I knew I was also interested.They told him that he had nothing to do with each other.Because in myopia operations, what is touched is cornea, and diabetics, we usually have the problems in the retina.
To operate myopia, the important thing is the thickness of the cornea, according to this, the operation will be in one way or another, and easier or more complicated ... even if you do not have enough thickness in the cornea maybe it may beThey advise.
For the rest it will be like any other operation, try to have those days stable glycemia to avoid other complications ...

DiabetesForo
02/15/2011 3:23 a.m.

I operated 6 years ago of myopia.
At that time I had quite regular diabetes in terms of controls ......
I had no problems or during the operation, or in the postoperative period ... and today I see equally well as 3 days after operating (I touch wood).
All the best.

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
02/18/2011 5:09 a.m.

It also happens to me, curiously only in the left eye and also with relatively low levels (come on, that one of the symptoms of hiccups is to see without glasses with the left eye ...)

Tonio's profile photo
Tonio
04/28/2011 7:25 p.m.

In the debut it also happened to me, I saw blurred, it took to focus things when changing focus and did not read the small print.But I had a long time glycemia.

The ophthalmologist told me that when I had the most normalized glucose levels it would see him and I have it pending, but now that I do not pass from 200 it does not happen to me.

The endocrine told me that this is normal, that it even lasts a while after the debut even if the levels are better and that sometimes people think it is an effect of insulin, but that they simply last a little because the eye takes time to get used to theGlycemia change more than the rest of the body or something.He even told me that he could take to recover at all up to 5 years!

But I already tell you that I am already well and only 3 months have passed since my debut.Anyway, the opinion of an ophthalmologist is always better in case you had another type of injury.

Well, kisses and encouragement!

juarez's profile photo
juarez
05/17/2011 6:48 a.m.

Hello friends.Having found this forum has reassured me greatly.
Indeed, I had my debut 10 days ago.I walked above 400. From one day to another I saw everything blurred.When I go down to 189 I already started to see better.What a scare.A hug to all.Happy 2014.

rdelavega's profile photo
rdelavega
01/08/2014 10:16 a.m.

Well, when I debuted a year ago and I was 350 sugar I had two symptoms: an infection in the navel (I suppurate me) that I did not heal and that it seemed that the dioces had increased.I remember that I thought about going to the oculista and checking my eyes (I remember that TV saw blurred).When I downloaded my glycemias I returned to normal but I have been surprised because I had no idea that it was for diabetes.I thought I hallucinated alone !!!Greetings

nina45's profile photo
nina45
01/08/2014 1:24 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

I debuted a year ago, and a few days before the diagnosis it is not that I saw badly but sometimes things were deformed for seconds.Once I was admitted, I started to see blurred ... It was as if focusing and unlocking all the time, but at 15 days or so it happened to me.They explained that I don't know what part of the eye I had inflamed or swollen of sugar ... (of course, those were my understanding at that time with the scare of the debut, now it sounds like a little Chinese story xD)

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
01/08/2014 4:47 p.m.

Hello, I recently debuted, I had no symptoms in the view.
Of my 397 of the day that diagnosed me down to levels of 100 or so.First problem: the more the worse sugar I read the messages on my mobile or the small letters of the labels, a blurred view, since in the distance I saw perfectly.
A week I had my first consultation with the endocrine and I told all worried, I explain and laugh, I almost like it.Then I understood it, I commented that the lens adapt to the levels of
Sugar when these went up to me, that when I got off, suddenly, it had to be adapted again, that it was normal for him to have blurred view and that my eyes would cry, or that if I cry I had a feeling of having very wet eyes.
In another two weeks I was perfectly again.
If I have not understood badly before you had 400 levels and now you do not pass from 250, it can be of the change.Anyway, if you continue with problems, it is better to go to the endocrine and derive the oculista.

Happy year to all

mgp's profile photo
mgp
01/08/2014 6:20 p.m.

DM desde 18/11/13
Apidra 2-2-2 (base de cálculo)
Lantus a la noche 20

Well, another one who has seen blurry, hahaha.
My case, I don't know if it will be special or not, the case that when I have high levels, I see blurry, but not everything, I see from afar and up close, I only see blurry in concrete things, such as the letters of TV,The rear lights of cars (as if there was fog, or blurred) but then looked at things in the distance and I see well (the distant things something worse but I think that within normality) and I even have a hard time seeing the letters andNumber of cars enrollments until I am very close to them.
But when I'm good at levels I see everything clear, clear

DiabetesForo
01/10/2014 6:19 a.m.

enrike89 said:
well I open this post to tell you what happens to me for 1 year more or less and that did not happen to me before ..
It turns out that I wear glasses because it will do 6 or 7 years, 1.5 diopters in each eye, they already told me that I had nothing to do with diabetes because anyone could have it, and I always saw well.

Now lately when I get the sugar notice that I lose sight even carrying the glasses or slows on.Nor is it always, it is only in some hyperglycemia, but it leaves me to lose sight sometimes having the high sugar, it is as if the diopters climb me for a few hours ..

I asked my endo in the last consultation and told me that having the high sugar sometimes affects the lens, but that it was normal and should not worry ..

Something similar happens to you?

ani's profile photo
ani
10/07/2015 7:45 p.m.

Hello Enrike89, I am Ani and I am new here, but I can tell you that I have almost all my life as a diabetics and it leads me to talk to you about your sight that we know well, the level of sugar in the blood influences at all times and every place, of our organismYes, your dr;He tells you it is normal but it is not normal for youDiabètes and I predicted blindness to a very short time, thank God, they operated and now after more than 53anos de Diabètes, I wear glasses or thick glasses like the bottle background but I see and I do not complain, but I can assure you that I carry aLife full of restrictions because it is the most important thing about our daily living: take care of the level of sugar at all times and at every moment to avoid those peaks that make us so bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I hope you understand and get to work !!!A strong greeting and I wait for your opinions ...........: -H ani

ani's profile photo
ani
10/07/2015 8:02 p.m.

I am having a very bad glucose as high as I have it is 166 and I lowers me to 80 and I see very bad every blurry I feel my eyes as with crying water to someone happens to that?

monika241078's profile photo
monika241078
01/14/2017 11:36 p.m.

Hello, a few months ago m diagnosed diabetes 1 immunological.With gad antibodies.When the glucose is standardized, it has been normalized.On an empty stomach, the top I get is 90. Before lowering weight it was fasting the top 126.At the moment I do not take any medication.Since I always get normal.But it also happens to me that I saw blurry before and now.I have gone to an ophthalmologo and says that I look good, all I see is that I have a dry eye.But I keep seeing blurred.Now I have another outstanding visit with another ophthalmológo.I sincerely worry about blurred view.

Mar1111's profile photo
Mar1111
02/24/2017 9:33 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.