{'en': 'Disappointed with hemoglobin :-(', 'es': 'Decepcionada con la hemoglobina :-('} Image

Disappointed with hemoglobin :-(

pocaspecas's profile photo   03/06/2011 6:50 p.m.

Hello everyone!

Has it happened that you think that for everything you have been doing, hemoglobin is going to lower you and it is not so?

The other day I did an analytical and thought that I would have the glycosylated in 6.4 or so, because the last time I had 6.9 and now that I had started going to the gym would come down, and I find that I am in 7.4 !!I have never had so much, 7.1 When I put on the bomb and 9 and something in the debut.

And I wonder, will it be because as it reflects the last 3 months in December and January I have not moved much and meals with such parties have not controlled them so much?

Or that I have gone a little high to the gym (in 180 or so) so as not to have hypos of fat, or that I have happened when trying to overcome those descents, I do not know !!

I have also begun to take thyroid thyroxine and took a few kilos, at least 3 or 4.

I don't know, someone can give me some advice for when I go to the Ginmanosio , I usually go after breakfast and I wear few units and breakfast well I go without the bomb during the exercise time I do.Even so, sometimes I have come home with 40, but without symptoms.

And another things, gives you a lot of difference from the meter to venous glycemia?It is that I remember that before making the analytics I was 59 and according to the analysis it was in 80 and something.I know there were differences between hair glycemia and venous, but I thought the capillary was lower.

I have also changed the meter (Menarini's) and I had the One Touch Ultrasmart and I don't know if there are differences in control, in short, that this is sometimes not understood :(.

Thank you so much.All the best!

pocaspecas's profile photo
pocaspecas
03/06/2011 6:50 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello few, because something similar has just happened to me, I have always had the glyce below 6.5 and in the last two controls it has risen to 7.6 and 7.4 in the last one.And the strange thing is that my endoccrino does not give it too much importance since it says that again the levels begin to lower and that if I stay from now on below 7.4 all good, that glyc depends a little on each patient.Anyway I am quite scared.

david29's profile photo
david29
03/06/2011 7:35 p.m.

Lantús 0-22-0 Novorapid 3-7-0
Hemo 7

Thanks David29, for telling me your experience.I also think how your endocrine, that nothing happens, because it is not that you have been with those hemoglobins, that to develop complications you have to be maintaining high levels for a long time.What makes me angry is that after the effort it is not rewarded in the hem.
I go on the 15th to the endocrine, I will tell you but knowing David (my endo) that does not give importance either.
Well, nice, then see if we will approach 6.9 at least.Take care of yourself.All the best!

pocaspecas
03/07/2011 3:22 a.m.

Hello few, I wanted to ask you one thing about the glucometer.You have been given the Menarini now after these analyzes or is the one you have had during the time evaluated in the hemo, it is that I have the feeling that this glucometer gives lower values ​​than others, I have been comparing them someSeasons with others that I have at home and .... I do not finish drawing conclusions proque does not always happen, but above all the low values ​​are lower in the Menarini.Anyway, we will have to continue observing.

T regarding the hem encouragement that you will see how nothing happens.

Greetings

Anaa's profile photo
Anaa
03/07/2011 6:04 a.m.

Hello few!Previously ... before it gave about .0.4-0.5 more than if you measure it capillary ... On the other hand it is that with bomb the glycems are more stable, less hypos and therefore sometimes the hemo is not as good as we want.... And finally, how are you commenting, is the gluco ... do you use the contour link?Stop for an open thread about it, you would not be the first surprise ...
In any case I do not think it is the gym, or that you begin with a figure slightly something .....
I would focus more at the night, lest you are around lightly high figures in it, and you know, it's many hours ....
In any case, even if you have disappointed, think that this hem is not so bad, especially if your values ​​are not with too many hyper and hypos ...
A hug!!!!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/07/2011 5:07 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Anaa !!Yes, the meter that I have used during the period that I have measured the Hemo has been that of Menarini.I am from Extremadura and here, the meters changed with this of the Crisi.They removed 3 of the 5 there were.And I don't just convince me much ...
Veila, the hemoglobins have always made them venous, but then, the lowest capillary blood glucose compared to the venous is so or vice versa?It is that I do not find information about it and I do not know why I think that this meter tells me that I have cd hypos I have no symptoms and it gives me very low figures, 33 or so, and I am great.
I will take into account what you tell me about dinner, and with respect to the gym, I will take sugary supplements to endure an hour of aerobic and go at least 3 times a week.The last month, if I have had enough hypos, and then hip of rebound for having spent eating.Anyway, sometimes as much as I do not find an explanation.You have the same breakfast and you have hyper and another day, having breakfast the same and putting the same amount of insulin and making the same effort you lower you ... Thank you very much for your advice.A kiss :)

pocaspecas
03/07/2011 5:34 p.m.

Few, look to see if they give you the opitum, it is the other meter Qu Ehay in Extremadura ... for my taste one of the best, although unfortunately the quality of the strips (the absorption of the drop) has lowered considerably ....
Anyway there is nothing worse than the Russian mountains .... for the Gym.Get the basal, it is better to start something tall and finish somewhat high (as long as the figures are not much higher than 200), that you have to get too much sugar for the body .... sure you will end up getting right ...
With respect to the night, look at 2 or 3 in the morning (for a few days), so you will see if you have the basal well tight.
The venous hemo so far gave some figures lower than the capillary .... I already told you that between 0.4 -05 less ... now it seems that with the new method it is equated, but the true is maintained ... so that is that thatApparently it is not (yes, they are doing we have parallel with the 3 methods, former capillary, new capillary and venous) to see if they agree on which is correct:-//
Anyway, do not despair, the changes are terrible until the right pattern is found .... courage and keep counting.
Kisses

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/07/2011 5:50 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Velia the Glucocard and the Contour are from different laboratories, Menarini and Bayer, do they use the same strip?I guess no .... I had the Glucocard at first, it was the one they gave me in the hospital in the debut and then I was doing very well, now I don't know.
And as for the climb of Hemo, we do a few controls a day and tells us how we are at that time but we are not knowing glucose, especially at night and that can mislead us at the time of Hemo, becauseThe average in the meter of the last 3 months can be good.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/08/2011 3:36 a.m.

Yes, meadow, the strips are identical ... and I also used it in the debut and I loved it ... now it gives me it measures something lower ... but this is a mess ...

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/08/2011 5:09 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

It is that if you use the same strips, it will pass exactly the same as with the contour, which we say that it measures lower ... because the important thing is the strips not the device, I think:-/

DiabetesForo
03/08/2011 5:19 a.m.

Hello!!This morning I have gone for the strips to the health center and the nursing assistant has told me that people had told him that the Menarini meter gives lower values ​​and TB has told me that from now on we will have to go toThe nurse to give us the material (strips, lancetas).I have told my case and has given me the opium xceed, q is the one that can measure ketone bodies, although I since the pump put in 2006 I have never measured the ketonemia because I did not have theAdequate device, and neither did my endocrine give much importance.

This morning I got up with 130 according to Menarini, I have breakfast well (coffee, 5 bischers with jam and butter and 5 integral María cookies).I have put only 2.4 units and I had the gym without the bomb, and I have done almost 1 hour.When I got home, according to Menarini 69 mg/dl and with the Opium 84 mg/dl, yes, discarding the first drop because of it there is more serous liquid.

I will try to glymia at that time, I hope not to turn as it always happens to me :)).Thank you very much, there is nothing better than feeling one understood.I will keep telling you.1BSZ!:)

pocaspecas
03/08/2011 6:38 a.m.

Hello, good, because as I mentioned, I was doing tests with several glucometors and almost always (but not always) in low -Glycocard, the glucocard gave them lower, however, in Normoglycemia there were all sometimes lower and other higher and other higher, and when I had higher values ​​the same.Anyway, as I tell you, I did not get to any reliable conclusion, so what I do is continue with the Glucocard because Diego likes the strips and when it is a very low value, now I do not worry because he does not carry insulin but when theHe took another gluco on hand and repeated and the values ​​used to be somewhat higher but were also hypos.

In any case I do not think it is so abysmal the difference as to vary the hemo, at least I hope ...

A hug

Anaa's profile photo
Anaa
03/08/2011 11:12 a.m.

Hello again!I am doing controls with the two meters and always gives me the lowest with Menarini's.I have calculated the average is about 20 mg/dl less.For example, last night he had 65 with Menarini and 88 with the Opium.Anaa, I don't know if he will influence hemoglobin, but this gives me to think, it is as if I had treated hypos that are not and have eaten more or I have not put the necessary amount of insulin.What I have observed is that the higher the difference there is.This morning on an empty stomach, 138 Menarini and 168 the optium, as you see greatly influences how you are to get more or less.In lower hypoglycemia they do not differ so much, today I have had 37 by Menarini and 44 by the Opium.Anyway, I do not want to alarm you, but at the moment I change to the optium, perhaps the rise of the hemo is due to more factors.Let's see what my endo tells me on Tuesday.

I imagine Diego will be with the honeymoon, as you comment that he is without insulin.Well, it lasts a long time.:)

A hug

pocaspecas
03/09/2011 12:20 p.m.

No .. I see little difference to alter the glycosilada, anyway, it will be necessary to be attentive because although I do not see much solution for this.
Greetings.

david29's profile photo
david29
03/09/2011 2:14 p.m.

Lantús 0-22-0 Novorapid 3-7-0
Hemo 7

Fewpecas, a value of 20 units less glucose, can increase hemoglobin at one point.Anyway, the difference is in the glucometers, not in the brand.Two glucometers of the same brand can give different values.
My daughter uses a menarini and the hemo was always good.
If you have two glucometers and tend to have hypos, it is better that you stay with the lowest, to avoid them, and vice versa.Anyway, the most reliable is to control at the same time as an analytical, and compare.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/09/2011 8 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Good, how complicated this glucometers.I did not appreciate so much difference, and above all not always.It is very possible that Regina is right, we have 2 glucocard and once compared and they weren't the same figures.In principle I will continue with this until I see the hemo, the last one was not bad.

Greetings

Anaa's profile photo
Anaa
03/10/2011 9:35 a.m.

Man, everything must be taken out of the positive side .... for a child for example.These types of gluco may be well, they are safer, but for a person who is with hemo to the limit it is a fuck ... It is not the same to have a glycemia of 150, which of 170, the difference is quite considerable ..In order, a mystery of the meters.
Few, if you have recently changed Menarini, and the previousthat something is escaping ... you tell us.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/11/2011 4:17 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Remind everyone that glucometers do not measure exactly the same all ...
Yes, they measure glycemia ... but not in the same way.They are referenced to certain molecules and reactions ... So in certain cases and situations it is as if we compare pears and apples, they are fruits but it is not the same.

DiabetesForo
03/11/2011 4:21 p.m.

Owash, I just saw what the Menarini meter is based:But I can't find what the optium is based, I know what is also based on an electrochemical method, but I don't know which specifically.

Looking out there found the PDFs of the expert in therapeutic education in people with diabetes that I did two years ago and I did not remember this for what I am doing so many laps ...

I copy you a paragraph of the module of self -control and meters "
Regarding the meters:
They can be based on a photochemical method, detecting the amount of light reflected and color change
of the reagent, or electrochemical (biosensors), which measure an electric current through the drop of
blood.
Electrochemical methods are easier to use and have fewer sources of error .
The margin of error in a blood glucose meter used properly is 10-15%.This
It means that in a hyperglycemia situation, suppose 360 ​​mg/dl, the meter can show 35-55 mg/dl
Above or below.However, with a 55 mg/dl glucose the error will not exceed 5-10 mg/dl.

The comparison of results from different meters can generate confusion, as they can show
different readings (for example 215 mg/dl in one and 250 mg/dl in another), but these differences are inside
of the established margin.

That is why it is essential to remind the patient not to check figures
With different meters, it is preferable to adapt and use a single meter.

Guidelines to follow in the use of glycemia meters

 The glucometer must be adapted to the type of patient, to which you should teach how to handle
The meter.
 The nurse should periodically verify the self -analysis technique at least every six
months, as well as the patient's glucometer status using the control solution.

They should be two equal meters, use the same drop of blood, and still there may be a
difference of ± 15 mg/dl.
 Advise hands before each determination and not use alcohol to clean the
fingers.
 You must ensure that when you take out the boat, it is well closed.
 It should be verified periodically that the strips are not expired and that the code
corresponds to the one that reflects the glucometer.Every time a new box of reactive strips is used
The meter apparatus must be calibrated, if required.There are meters that do not require
calibration
 The drop of blood must be enough, and not forget that the first drop should be discarded.
 It is important to know the characteristics of the devices, their mode of employment and the possible
Causes of error, to make a correct use of them.

Anyway, that I am already using the optium what I do not know if the data can be passed to the computer, I imagine yes.If anyone knows how and is
So kind of telling me I would appreciate it.All the best :)

pocaspecas
03/14/2011 4:44 p.m.

Opium enzyme:
Link ... Lucosa.htm

You can download the data with the Copilot program ... you will need cable (you have to order/buy it in ABBOTT customer service):

DiabetesForo
03/15/2011 3:26 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.