{'en': 'Curious experiences', 'es': 'Experiencias curiosas'} Image

Curious experiences

anabel's profile photo   04/18/2008 6:46 a.m.

Hello, I am a 9 -year -old diabetic girl.

The other day in the school her teacher was bad and led to a substitute to teach, she did not tell her that she is diabetic and began to be noticed with hypoglycemia symptoms, took out the glucometer and made a control and what is her surprise whenThe teacher is approaching and says it:

-What is the last time you come to class with a console.

With all her patience and a glucose of 59, she explained that she is diabetic, that she was in hypoglycemia and that she had to take a juice and that the console is a glucometer.

He took it with a lot of humor (I was not so much), he left school trchada of laughter.

Luckily the next morning was already the forever.

All the best.

anabel's profile photo
anabel
04/18/2008 6:46 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello everyone.

Anabel I am a child with 9 -year -old diabetes, we use Lantus and Humalog.

I of the Cabreos was on a hiking to a small school farm that came with 1 poster attached to the sweater with his name and anotheroooo! ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡that by having two stickers it could be climbed twice on the horse:-/ Gueno if that's why :)).

Pumba's profile photo
Pumba
04/21/2008 6:57 a.m.

Hehe, the console had never heard it ... If you confuse bombs with continuous meters, click on measure, be low.
And the stickers, hey, because if it served something ... because it certainly touches her teacher like the previous one and can already have 40 stickers that will give it the same.

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
04/21/2008 8 a.m.

Well, this story is also true, and it is also true.It really is a little black humor (or surreal?) But I tell you how I lived it.
My mother was type 3, and I had no stab of the DB, and I at that time, who had not debuted, either.The fact is that everything we knew about the DB was what we saw my mother, who already put insulin.Anyway, that my mother did not even know what a hydrate was, she threw from the menus that the endo gave her.And where is the unexpected?Well, when measuring himself, he did it twice a day ... You will see, at this point you already know that even controlling and knowing what you do what comes out when measuring can be unexpected, then imagine if you don't control anything at all.The scene was as follows, my mother settled in the armchair, with the table full of "weird" things, took the cotton and cleaned her finger, took the strip and installed it in the gluco, then massage her finger, thenHe took the prick (see note) and did the same, then he tightThe Gluco and saying, "You'll see that you will see, you will see, you will see that high ...", and in 30 seconds there could be another beep and then she could say, "you see", or, "110, perfect, well", Or," it goes down, it can't be, I measure me again "... it seemed pure lottery, and it was.Repera was the day before going to endo ... well, that for another day.

Note: My mother never knew that the puncture lancets had to be changed, when she already hurt so much that she couldn't stand it to the pharmacy and another bought.

Juan Luis
04/21/2008 8:19 a.m.

Hello, another of the school, the recess ends and its teacher (this time the usual) tells you that it is sweating a lot and that it is measured to see if it is because of it has any problem.She tells him that it is not necessary, that it had already been measured before recreation, that it was fine, the 6 rations had been taken and that it sweated the same as the others because they had played the Pilla-Pilla.As he insisted so much he ends up doing another control and obviously after eating he was 244. The teacher says that he is very high, that he chooses a partner and they go to the patio to play for an hour for him to go down.He did not miss the opportunity.
When they left school he wore a corrillo of colleagues who said:
- Are you going to choose the next time?
-Hehe porfa.
When he told me, he did not know whether to thank the teacher for his good intention or send her to Freir Esparragos for her ignorance after two years with her.
And the best of all, she was delighted because she had discovered a positive side of diabetes, being able to get rid of some kind, and on top of her, she had a dilemma, she has two best friends and that day she did not know which of the two to choose and on top of us asks usPermission to be able to do it once more (to make control after eating) to choose the other friend, because poor thing also has the right.
So they are at this age.
All the best.

anabel's profile photo
anabel
04/21/2008 8:25 a.m.

Well, I remember when Celia debuted, that after three days of UCI was an entire month admitted (this daughter of mine already pointed ways)
To his eight years he was much more docile than now, but still, he had his genius.
Well, on the plant, the nurses made control and, if it was high, the answer was automatic: Celia, to go up and down stairs.
And Celia and I come to go up and down stairs.Until once, tired of so much up and down, they made another control, with the usual coletilla of: Celia, you are high, to go up and down stairs.
Then Celia frowned, put her arms in jugs and snapped at the nurse: but you who believed yourself, that I am a rope doll or what?If you want stairs, you upload them, because I don't move anymore.
And he was right.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/21/2008 8:53 a.m.

Welcome, Anabel !!! .... I am Angela's mother, he has just turned 10 yearsCheese, a boy fainted (a lipotimia, was not diabetic or na) and the scare that the teacher took Angela's teacher forbade the girl to play, it was not that she could happen to her and give them a disgust:?: Shock: ... things of ignorance ....

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/21/2008 7:43 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Alea ..... hallucinated I have stayed, but how can there be so much ignorance between health personnel ??????????:-/ ..... as I was when they diagnosed me that I had lost a lot and had no muscle mass, if they make me up and down stairs they kill me ..... in short ...... I don't leaveMy astonishment.

DiabetesForo
04/22/2008 4:27 a.m.

Well, now I tell you the second, Prado, which has to do with the same.

During one of Celia's income for lack of control, and this time in another hospital, the same thing happened to the nurses.Once she had about 400 glycemia, and they sent her up and down stairs.But Celia already had more knowledge (and me too, of course) and before I said anything, Celia got angry and released them:
"Let's see, I have 400. With 400 the easiest thing is that there is acetone. And with acetone you cannot exercise. You have to get the insulin, give me juices and have me at rest. I do not know what the hell they send me to a hospital, if you do not have a damn idea "
And he turned around, got into bed and refused to say one more word.
I looked funny (within what fits) and told them "what do you want to tell you, if you are right."

Do not believe that I trust the hospitals for what things.

Health

DiabetesForo
04/22/2008 6:24 a.m.

Well look at one of my child with Santa Claus.
We were in the English Court, and the typical Santa Claus there, he approached my hand and gave him a candy. When Jose Miguel left, he told me: Hey, Santa Claus does not know that I am diabetic?It has given me a candy with sugar ... well we had to say that Pope Noel carries many things in his head and that sometimes everything is not remembered.
Well, we keep going around the English Court and we cross it again, the same scene, Pápa Noel giving him a candy, but this time to the surprise of all José Miguel tells him (but very cool): but hey, you don't know thatI am diabetic and I can't eat these candies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You don't know, or what ??????? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Looking people stayed in the squares and Pápa Noel or I tell you, I didn't know where to get, and I am there hallucinating with my child !!!!!!!!!!(And the truth proud of him and how responsible it was to be 4 years old)

: Oops :: Oops :: Oops:

mari's profile photo
mari
04/22/2008 6:46 a.m.

Debut 2002
Amo la insulina...ella me ayuda a seguir viviendo

You have realized the intelligent k are diabetic children ??????????Anda k are not resabied, nor na: Twisted:

DiabetesForo
04/22/2008 11:54 a.m.

I owed you another from my mother.My mother's Vespers were exactly the same as the eve of an exam, as happens to us, only that she attacked him in her own way.The whole day passed it from the nerves, going around the house and trying to do things so as not to think about it, it finally sat at the dining room table, took the gluco and the notebook, and began to “update it” with what it putIn the gluco, complaining that the hours and dates did not coincide, then he took the analysis that had previously been done and looked at them, compared them with the previous ones ... I did not understand them, even if he looked at them hours and hours, or at leastThat implied ... what he said before, like when you are going to examine yourself and you tell everyone that you do not know, that you are going to suspend, that it is angry that the diabetologist will throw you.
When he came, he was happy, "He hasn't fought for me !!!"... One day I went with her, the Menda was a very friendly guy, it seemed like a prieShe was 20 years old, when she was a young woman waiting for her boyfriend to end the opposition and that the only one who accounts was her confessor.

Juan Luis
04/23/2008 6:18 a.m.

I loved your baby mari, it was great !!!!Ha ha ha....
I will have a lot of stories like everyone else, but now I don't remember any.Let's see if another day's inspiration comes to me.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
04/23/2008 8:23 p.m.

Beky, because I remind you one of which I witnessed.Last year in September, when you were here, Nyah with 2 years and 8 months, he ran out to you and told you "Mommy !! that you have not put the insu !!!!!

DiabetesForo
04/24/2008 9:28 a.m.

Mari because it is to get proud to take the colors to Pope Noel MenOther children would run for the candies: ((and he didn't want to approach, and I told him but go and take them and eat them when you are short and he already encouraged;) But he always commented to Pope Noel when he gave them"Well but I keep them because as I am diabetic", that's why one day I wonder that if that was Pope Noel and I said "that no man, that is put by the English court that the really cannot be everywhere, the one ofTruth comes the good night, these are lies: twisted: ".Give no sugar xDDD and take care of his teeth to all others: x.

Ahhh and in the ride of kings every time I take a caramel told me "mommy, mommy, see if this is without sugar" and I giving the change with those of my pocket and "if man if there are of all of allssss" now if they strain anyYes but 6 years ago not one: x.

Pumba's profile photo
Pumba
04/24/2008 7:08 p.m.

Jolín, mommy, because I didn't remember me, but not now that you tell me I have that memory.The truth that I have lost a lot of memory lately and I am convinced that it is therefore to give coconut with diabetes because it would be a bit weird that the Alzehimer start so soon.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
04/24/2008 7:42 p.m.

How good the anecdotes you tell and the children you ready.

I'm going to tell you one that made me very funny (Beky you already know).We are trying to teach Nicolás to identify how it is found according to the values ​​that we have and when we do it, we tell him if he is low, high or normal, to associate him with whether he has any symptoms.Well, after a few days we control Nico and before saying anything, Nacho's brother "Mom I'm low, do you give me two cookies?":-/ :)).They are of course tremendous, one does not escape one.

mani05's profile photo
mani05
04/25/2008 5:33 p.m.

And another that seemed very tender.

When we change the catheter to Nico he gets a little nervous, although he no longer cries so much, and while he is lying face down and my husband is preparing it, I take his hands and say "calm love that Mom is here."Well, it turns out that Nacho has conjunctivitis now and you have to put a few drops and go crazy and last night when we were putting them running Nicolás and takes the hands of his brother and says "Quiet Nacho that I am here, I am Nico."

mani05's profile photo
mani05
04/25/2008 5:38 p.m.

:)): D :)): D Manooooo.

Beky that responsible is yours: P because mine or now reminds me :?.

Pumba's profile photo
Pumba
04/25/2008 5:43 p.m.

Uyyyy if they are beautiful, what a tenderness, there is no beautiful enough icon to illustrate it : d , I had not read the last message we had crossed, to comment on kissing.

Pumba's profile photo
Pumba
04/25/2008 7:30 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.