Phenomenon of dawn

FRANCISCA's profile photo   03/07/2013 3:48 p.m.

Good to everyone !!

My doctor told me that maybe I have the phenomenon of dawn .... Can anyone tell me any things of the subject?

Greetings and thanks!

FRANCISCA's profile photo
FRANCISCA
03/07/2013 3:48 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Holas

After sleeping and a little before lifting the body begins to segregate hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline.
It is the natural response of the body "to get into action" to prepare for daily activity.
These hormones release glycogen stored in the liver, so blood glymia increases, even if you are fasting.

It is necessary to differentiate it from the rebound effect (Somogyi effect).
The rebound effect is when you have hypoglycemia at night, you do not realize, and it is the body itself that reacts by releasing liver glycogen and raising blood glucose.

You would have to do some blood glucose at 3 or 4 in the morning to see how you are.
If you are normal and the figures are raised after that time, it could be attributed to the effect of dawn.

If you are fair of glycemia or hypo, it is possible that the cause of hyperglycemia is a rebound.

The most normal thing is to find out the nocturnal hypos.
The effect of dawn is quite usual.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/09/2013 1:54 a.m.

Today I had an experience of the "dawn effect": at 4 in the morning I measured the blood glucose and I was 80, at 8 in the morning I had climbed to 124 without even drinking water.Then I started browering the Internet and found a place where he says that carbohydrates should not be taken after 18.00.So now I will pass my 5 grams from there from dinner to the snack.I will say that it has gone to me.

Erguiye's profile photo
Erguiye
07/15/2013 5:47 a.m.

Hi Erguiye,

What type of diabetes do you have? The numbers of glycemia that you put do not seem bad to me at all, in fact, I would say that they are rather good ...

fer's profile photo
fer
07/15/2013 5:52 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

That statement that you don't have to take hydrates after 6 pm, where did you get it?Is it that it seems a bit strong ..... Are you type 2?What treatment do you have?Do you put insulin?Because it is a bit complicated not to include some carbohydrate at dinner, you expose yourself to hypoglycemia at night.I agree with Fer, those glycemia are perfect.

DiabetesForo
07/15/2013 8:24 a.m.

I am type2.MIXTARD AND ACTRAPID use according to my loyal to know and understand.No HC after 18.00 I took it from Wiki Dawn Effect on the Internet.I am super controlling because I want to reach a glycosilada of 7% as soon as possible.Now it is 9%, a month of 11%ago.Do you know that a perfect glyce is 3.5% not to suffer from any risk of CDV?I have also taken this from the Internet.I have not suffered a hypo for many years but ECV: I have placed 4 stents and a pacemaker.The key is in many daily controls, eg.: At 04, 08, 13, 18 and 22 and sucks according to the demand.My experience tells me that I am going quite well but everyone is different and must learn for itself.

Erguiye's profile photo
Erguiye
07/16/2013 2:37 a.m.

You have to be careful with what is read online;) that not everything is valid, but I agree that to have good control it is essential to measure glucose, it is the only way.

DiabetesForo
07/16/2013 4:30 a.m.

Erguiye, I think you've sneaked into a bit ... is a perfect glycan?
All studies say that you don't have to look for very low glycosylated (less than 5.5%) because instead of preventing mortality.

Can you link the Wiki Dawn Effect website?I don't know her.

The HC before 6pm .... Isn't it that in USA they have dinner at that time?
Beware of that because sometimes American recommendations differ in such silly issues as you are ...

On the other hand, using Mixtard and Actrapid, how do you go something right when sleeping you will have a safe hypo during the night

DiabetesForo
07/16/2013 6:42 a.m.

Wiki XXXXXXX is a way of entering Wikipedia directly into the subject that interests you.Wikipedia is very serious and not allowed or not contrasted statements.You can look for any topic in any language.

Erguiye's profile photo
Erguiye
07/18/2013 12:43 a.m.

Erguiye said:
Wikipedia is very serious and not allowed or not contrasted statements.

Erguiye, I am sure that most wikipedia articles are correct, but sometimes there are errata, it is normal, in the end it is people who write and err is human!;)

The 3.5% sounds errata, the normal thing is what Owash says.

Owash said:

All studies say that we must not look for very low glycosylated (less than 5.5%) because instead of preventing, mortality increases.

flanders's profile photo
flanders
07/18/2013 3:36 a.m.

hello,
I return to this thread because my 14 -year -old daughter since the school has started has the effect of dawn.
He goes to sleep with 120 levels, and at 4 in the morning (Use Levemir) is at 90-100, and at 7:30 when he gets up he is 200-200 and Pico.
With these data I discard night and blacker hypoglycemia to the Alba effect.
So, is there any way to reduce the dawn?
Or maybe the solution is that nothing can be done ....
Thank you all

josebas's profile photo
josebas
09/26/2013 6:12 a.m.

If at 4 in the morning he has a blood glucose between 90-100 I do not think it is the best to click Novorapid, another thing is that you had 200. The truth is that I can't think of anything.

laurita11977's profile photo
laurita11977
09/26/2013 7:02 a.m.

Solutions:
1.- expect adolescence to pass (it may be the cause or not, in my case it was not)

2.- Change the schedule of the Lantus (Levermir, or the basal you use) to try to make the peak of action coincide (which is very slight) coincides with the early morning (this solution never worked for me, but I know there are peopleyes)

3.- Look at the sugar at six, if it starts to rise, click 1 unit or more if necessary.Assess that it is better, if ultra-opted or regular.I was better for the regular and click me 2 and a half before getting up.But in the end this solution tired of me because I meant waking up shortly before the alarm and one more prick will sound ... (I took care of me, not my parents)

4.- The pump.For me it is the only thing that has really worked for me.I have the nights totally stable and I get up very well.

You have looked at the breakfast post (at the time), it is possible, that as much, it is desirable to avoid that sugar peak

tica's profile photo
tica
09/26/2013 7:52 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

When I get up, if I want to be at the same level a couple of hours later, even if I don't take anything to wear fast, if you don't get on.

cabronias's profile photo
cabronias
09/26/2013 12:12 p.m.

I think that in the morning when getting up it is not so bad to have 200, you will correct it with the rapid breakfast and with what you consume of hydrates;The girl is young and they burn the sugar better than anyone and the day is very long (rather the morning);I don't think you have to be so perfectionist.For me, the most important thing is to avoid the nocturnal hypos that are the most dangerous (I had a coma).

ajd's profile photo
ajd
09/26/2013 12:20 p.m.

AJD said:
I think that in the morning when you get up it is not so bad to have 200, you will correct it with the rapid breakfast and with what you consume of hydrates;The girl is young and they burn the sugar better than anyone and the day is very long (rather the morning);I don't think you have to be so perfectionist.For me, the most important thing is to avoid the nocturnal hypos that are the most dangerous (I had a coma).

It depends on whether that climb is because of the phenomenon that we speak or because you have been up for the top night.Maybe you get up to 200 because you take 300 and SEO is not good at all night.

cabronias's profile photo
cabronias
09/26/2013 2:09 p.m.

Even without only two hours every night, I think you have to look for a solution.A 200 punctual nothing happens, but it is normal that is bad ... Our disease is a background and you have to get maximum stability.(Without leaving our skin at the attempt)

tica's profile photo
tica
09/26/2013 4:03 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

For me the obsession with control is something bad because in the end you do not live or do anything other than measure the sugar and click;And as I think many people at least of the group in which I participated last year.There it was said among all and also for the psychologists that obsession is not good for control and I agree with this.
If one knows himself well he knows how the sugar will have throughout the night.
And I have not gone from a glycosilada of 6.3 in my 33 years of experience.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
09/27/2013 12:36 p.m.

I announce that in my analysis of 9/18/13 I have left a glyc of 5.9% that I did not know since time immemorial (I used to be between 10 and 12).The secret is to limit the HC to 6-12-12 (breakfast, lunch, dinner), keep 85 mg/dl before, during and after eating and exercising (walking) one hour a day.I have gone down 13 kgs since June 18.My goal is to reach a glyc of 5.0% and a weight of 75. My doctors did not believe it.My diabetic friends ask me how I do it.Neither hypos nor hypers.

Erguiye's profile photo
Erguiye
09/27/2013 6:53 p.m.

Erguiye, what you explain is a very strict diet, right? How varied are foods?

fer's profile photo
fer
09/27/2013 7:47 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.