Phenomenon of dawn

FRANCISCA's profile photo   03/07/2013 3:48 p.m.

Strict only on the theme of HC, 0 fruits (when I say 0 I mean zero, well, only avocado), soy instead of milk, no flour and its products, or potatoes, or sweet potatoes.Yes, fish, meat, cheeses, vegetables (without tomato or yellow peppers or carrots), chicken, sausages, eggs with or without yolk, seafood.Two glasses of red wine (any other) the occasional day.I do not worry with fat (HC are those that produce fat).Of course 0 sugar.As you see the meals are varied but I still suffer from HCs that combine with lettuce or escaroles wrapping slices of cheese or cooked ham and infusions of Estevia.Complement with a compressed Redoxon Breakfast Complex that once in a week replaced a potassium compressed with magnesium (Aquilea).Sorry for commercial brands I suppose that the same is achieved with other brands that I do not know.Insulin: Humalog Mix 50, Actrapid and Lantus in quantities according to the glycemia figures without passing 7 units (repeat if at two hours the sugar does not lower).Lantus who sent me the doctor, 30 units at night.The phenomenon of Alba combates it with 7 Humalog units at 5 in the morning except when I do not awake.

Erguiye's profile photo
Erguiye
09/28/2013 2:41 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I needed to say that neither rice or legumes of any kind.

Erguiye's profile photo
Erguiye
09/28/2013 6:25 a.m.

Oysters, because it seems quite strict, in my case, I usually eat outside the home, so I trysauces, etc ...

From your diet, I am a bit of not including any of: rice, potatoes, legumes, etc ... My endocrine recommends that you eat them, but in very small quantities.

And what about the fruit, nothing?, Does it affect you to vitamins?

fer's profile photo
fer
09/28/2013 6:41 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

What do you usually take for breakfast?

fer's profile photo
fer
09/28/2013 6:47 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Erguiye, the truth is that I am quite surprised by your diet in the event that it is recommended by an endocrine.The beginning because you must tend to have high cholesterol, and secondly because the cells need sugar to work, and that sugar or comes from fruit or carbohydrates mostly, so there is something that is something thatIt escapes me

Personally, 41 years, 12 as diabetic and 6.5 glycosilad

Nor do you name the legumes in your diet, and for me they are essential.

Finally, with that level of proteins and fats, how do you have ketone bodies?

Thank you, and let's see yes the "secret" among all.

GonzaloI's profile photo
GonzaloI
09/28/2013 8:59 a.m.

DT1 desde 2002
Novorapid (a demanda con pauta 4-8-6) + Lantus (16)
Última glico 6,5
Colesterol e hipotiroidismo
Deportista aficionado de alta intensidad

Erguiye said:
Strict only on the subject of HC, 0 fruits (when I say 0 I want to say zero, well, only avocado), soybeans instead of milk, nothing of flour and its products, or potatoes, or sweet potatoes or sweet potatoes.Yes, fish, meat, cheeses, vegetables (without tomato or yellow peppers or carrots), chicken, sausages, eggs with or without yolk, seafood.Two glasses of red wine (any other) the occasional day.I do not worry with fat (HC are those that produce fat).Of course 0 sugar.As you see the meals are varied but I still suffer from HCs that combine with lettuce or escaroles wrapping slices of cheese or cooked ham and infusions of Estevia.Complement with a compressed Redoxon Breakfast Complex that once in a week replaced a potassium compressed with magnesium (Aquilea).Sorry for commercial brands I suppose that the same is achieved with other brands that I do not know.Insulin: Humalog Mix 50, Actrapid and Lantus in quantities according to the glycemia figures without passing 7 units (repeat if at two hours the sugar does not lower).Lantus who sent me the doctor, 30 units at night.The phenomenon of ALBA combates it with 7 Humalog units at 5 in the morning except when I do not wake up.

What carbohydrates produce fat?Yes no, Erguiye, I'm sorry.Please be serious, since that statement has no base and can induce many people to mistakes.Who has dietary doubts that asked their endocrine or their diabetes educators.

GonzaloI's profile photo
GonzaloI
09/28/2013 9:05 a.m.

DT1 desde 2002
Última glico 6,5

Erguiye, apologize if I have been too vehement in my previous entry, but I think we must be strict in the statements that we pour into a forum like this.The only way in which hydrates can become fat is when the deposits are full, therefore the correct Fra would be: excessive consumption of carbohydrates that, of course, a diabetic should not have, could lead to generationof more fat.What does not mean at all that hydrates should not be ingested, main source of energy contribution to our body.

GonzaloI's profile photo
GonzaloI
09/28/2013 9:10 a.m.

DT1 desde 2002
Última glico 6,5

Eeguiye, I do not understand that not to pass 7 units of fast and repeat later if it does not go down.The rapid adapts to the rations you eat.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/28/2013 11:28 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The figures are there.What I have affirmed, as far as I am going to Mass.They like endocrine and zahoríes.And I confirm, the excess HC produces fat.Last analysis: negative ketone bodies, triglycerides 68, total cholesterol 124, HDL 62.9, NO-HDL 61, that some endocrine tells me if you have achieved these figures for any of your patients.Gonzalol, I am very serious and strict, I do not invent or presume or want to deceive anyone.Of course my method is for adults, serious, responsible and intelligent.Who is doing well (85 mg/dl and 5.0% glyc) that does not change method.Of course I take HC, anything you eat has in greater or lesser quantity (I recommend that you consult the composition tables of nutritional food on the Internet).I am not obsessed with anything but I endure HC's desire.
My breakfast today has been 150 gr.soybeans, with decaffeinated and water, 100 gr.of cheese with three lettuce leaves, a slight Kneipp infusion cup (against constipation) and 1 magnesium-potassium tablet.The vitamins and minerals supplicate them with compressed redoxon compressed (1 a day).
Humalog insulin is not fast, it is 50/50.There are times that I put 7 units and another 0 and other 2, 3 or 4. I do not follow the printed ones that the doctor, educator or endo gives me.How and I put on what I judge convenient and well that it is doing.I just arrived from a birthday, I have only eaten roasted pork leg, furt and two glass of red wine.Result 74 mg/dl.
Whoever wants to ask me privately.

Erguiye's profile photo
Erguiye
09/28/2013 4:47 p.m.

Hi Erguiye !,

First of all, thanks for sharing your experience, there are no cases like yours often, and that is why general skepticism, I hope you do not feel offended or attacked.

I still have more doubts, for example.It is not clear to me if you are type 1 or 2. And the other is, how do you monitor?Are you going to the endocrine?

fer's profile photo
fer
09/29/2013 6:45 a.m.

Erguiye and you do not seem better and healthier to eat from everything, in moderation, and not need to take vitamin supplements?I, of course, prefer it.I prefer to eat fruit, a lot of fruit, vegetables, legumes, a lotAlways maintained with we have around 5.6 and without diet.I, the only restriction that I "impose" is to eat first of all natural foods, not processed, proximity and seasonal.All made at home or almost everything, as much as I can, even the bread that has not bought a long time.Eating everything but in moderation that is the key to me.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/29/2013 6:47 a.m.

I think the same as Prado, and I find Erguiye treatment of lantus and mixed (which usually produce hypos between meals).The logical thing would be to put enough lantus to cover 24 hours and fast on meals with hydrates.
Of course, in the end, the one who commands is hemo.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/29/2013 11:24 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

I agree with the rest of the companions and, from the greatest respect for Erguiye, I would never make a similar diet.

GonzaloI's profile photo
GonzaloI
09/29/2013 4 p.m.

DT1 desde 2002
Última glico 6,5

I would like you to explain how it is possible that you have no hypoglycemia by putting 30 units of Lantus + Actrapid + Mix 50 during the day ...
And just eat HC because according to yourself you do not eat, rice, flours, legumes, tubers or fruits ... either vegetables!

Your breakfast barely has 2 rations of HC ... I don't know where you get the 6 units

Do you get 7 units of Mix50 to "fight" the phenomenon of dawn?
And you don't have hypoglycemia ...
And if you go down, another 7 units ... ignoring the action curve of Mix 50, of course.
And you will not have hypoglycemia despite making such a barbarity

All this having a gyze of 5.9% that is equivalent to being most of the day at less than 110 mg/dl ... at 1 ration of HC (50 mg/dl) of hypoglycemia.

Already, of course ...
Everything is very clear ...

What a trolls

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/29/2013 4:19 p.m.

I will continue with my method and you follow yours.That they do well.Bye bye.

Erguiye's profile photo
Erguiye
09/29/2013 5:15 p.m.

Owash !!But how are you smelling them ^:) ^

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/29/2013 10:01 p.m.

What is a ration of carbohydrates?I tell them by grams and 150 gr.soybeans contain 6 gr Hc.According to my calculations every gram of HC goes up 6 mg/dl blood sugar.According to Einstein.6-12-12 GR to breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Type 2 diabetic since 1983.

Erguiye's profile photo
Erguiye
09/30/2013 4:11 a.m.

Prado and Owash, I think you are type 5 diabetic, which does not affect fruits, rice, legumes in "moderate" quantities.I already tell you, if I ate those rats poisons, I would be in 500 with 12 glycos, as I was until I decided to take the bull by the horns.But, in Fín, Pilarín, Cantamañanas are everywhere.

Erguiye's profile photo
Erguiye
09/30/2013 4:20 a.m.

A protein rich breakfast improves glycemic control
(Presented at the EASD Barcelona, ​​September 2013. Rabinovitz H, et al. A great breakfast rich in protein improves glycemic control and feeling of satiety in adults with diabetes mellitus type 2.)
A high -calorie breakfast consisting of proteins and fats has a healthy effect on patients with type 2 diabetes.
Eating a great breakfast can have a positive effect on a person's BMI, fasting glucose levels and postprandial insulin sensitivity.In a study directed by Rabinovitz et al, the effect of the size of breakfasts and its content was analyzed in patients with type 2 diabetes.
In this random controlled trial, eligible participants were overweight/obese and had been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. The participants were randomly assigned either in a small breakfast or group with great breakfast.Those in the big breakfast group ate more foods rich in protein and fat.A lipid panel, fasting adipoquins, hormones and inflammatory markers were measured and obtained at the beginning and in week 13 of the study.
A total of 47 participants completed the study and at the end of the tracking, greater improvements were made at HBA1C levels and systolic blood pressure was more reduced in the participants of the large breakfast group.In addition, in the large breakfast group more doses of diabetes medications were reduced, while in the small breakfast group, participants need higher doses of their medications.On the other hand, those in the big breakfast group presented less hunger and had fasting glucose levels better compared to those in the small breakfast group.
In conclusion, a bigger breakfast, rich in proteins and fats, shows that it is more beneficial in people with type 2 diabetes than a small low -calorie breakfast.

Erguiye's profile photo
Erguiye
09/30/2013 4:42 a.m.

If you are type 2 it makes more sense what you tell.
The protein at breakfast is better than to get wise.I advise me the endocrine.Of course, the rest of the day I do not deprive me of the pasta, or rice, or starchs, or fruits ... even some sweet that another falls from time to time

tica's profile photo
tica
09/30/2013 6:57 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.