{'en': 'Beach, pool and insulin pump', 'es': 'Playa, piscina y bomba de insulina'} Image

Beach, pool and insulin pump

tica's profile photo   06/08/2011 8:51 a.m.

Hello girls !!I have always gone to the beach with the pump, it had occurred to me to protect it from heat, because when you wear it when it is at room temperature, and the truth that has never happened to me, neither with the pump nor withInsulin.Last summer I put the 3 -hour disconnection guideline and perfect because we were not more than 3 hours away from home because it was not necessary to take it, that was, it was clear that I was not going to eat anything.

belefe74's profile photo
belefe74
04/22/2015 10:52 p.m.

Diagnosticada en 1997
Siempre intentando mejorar.

belefe74 said:
Hello girls !!I have always gone to the beach with the pump, it had occurred to me to protect it from heat, because when you wear it when it is at room temperature, and the truth that has never happened to me, neither with the pump nor withInsulin.Last summer I put the 3 -hour disconnection guideline and perfect because we were not more than 3 hours away from home because it was not necessary to take it, that was, it was clear that I was not going to eat anything.

So have you gone to the beach with the pump on and took it when you bathed?You covered the patch with something so that it would not take off?

And now you say that you have a guideline to remove it three hours, how is that?Do you take it off and don't put insulin in that time?And do you not shoot glycemia?

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
04/24/2015 10:19 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Look I usually put the catheter in the buttock so that the bikini covers it, and I put the caterp plug and that's it, I do not take off.

Then there is a guideline to take off the pump 3 hours, you add the basal of those 3 hours, divides it between 2 and you put half before disconnecting, and the other half when connecting, and it has done well, I have never beenShot, yes, if you are going to be longer to keep in mind that every 3 hours you have to repeat the operation.

Come and tell;)

belefe74's profile photo
belefe74
04/28/2015 10:44 p.m.

Diagnosticada en 1997

THANK YOU!!

It is a good method, because we are also much more than three hours ...

thank you so much!!Do not see what you have helped me :-))))

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
04/29/2015 11:18 a.m.

Glad to hear it!

belefe74's profile photo
belefe74
04/29/2015 5:33 p.m.

Diagnosticada en 1997

I have been with a bomb for more than 10 years.I am 39 years old and for me it has never been a problem.When I go to the beach I act just like any other day I do not disconnect it and how I am a whopping and I do not usually bathe because I have no major concern.In the case of deciding to bathe the Quito and then I connect it again because it is not usually for more than 10 minutes.The catheter takes it in the belly and the pump holds with the bikini pantBathroom with which even less problems because the pump placed it at the top of the swimsuit between the chest and does not move from there.With my bomb I could even bathe but I don't like it and also an occasion, water came in the place where the battery is going and the bomb burst ... it caught me on vacation in the Canary Islands, without bolis and without knowing what to do ... I almost almostIt gives something ... but the technical service urgently sent me and the problem was solved.I have always been very clear about one thing and it is that diabetes was going to take it and not diabetes to me with which I try that my life is as normal as possible

karolans's profile photo
karolans
07/08/2015 12:41 a.m.

Hello everyone.Reading your comments and especially the looks of others I imagine my situation when I go to the beach this summer.I have a lot of hair through my body and I usually shave the area where I carry the catheter ... can you imagine the photograph?

Regarding the man I have understood a Aquapac cover and they are wonderful, a sady but it is worth it.You will keep the pump safe from water, sand and beach poting.And I also use the cold portfolio, I use the paucho of the American medical manufacturer, it seems better and somewhat cheaper.

Greetings.

malefica33's profile photo
malefica33
07/08/2015 1:01 a.m.

Madrid, 44 años, DMID desde los 11 años. Terapia: Bomba Accu-Chek Spirit Combo (Humalog). SMCG Freestyle Libre. Complicaciomes: IAM. Enfermedad coronaria sereva ravascularizada, retinopatia OD, DE Implante protesis AMS 700.

I am with you mallefic33 for mobile I have been using years and they are the best of the market, the first case that I bought was a Aquapac and then imitations, the imitations have always gone worse and already changed all for Aquapac are of more quality, that if you carrymore expensive reason.
Look what I don't have is the cold wallet put me in the water to refresh ha ha ha.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/08/2015 1:10 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

And if you don't approach a Chinese and pile an ice bag .... it's the cheapest !!!!

malefica33
07/08/2015 2:44 a.m.

Madrid, 44 años, DMID desde los 11 años. Terapia: Bomba Accu-Chek Spirit Combo (Humalog). SMCG Freestyle Libre. Complicaciomes: IAM. Enfermedad coronaria sereva ravascularizada, retinopatia OD, DE Implante protesis AMS 700.

I wear the Animas bomb, which can be wet and I get with it in the pool and with the G4.
Every 5 minutes I try to remove the sensor and the water pump and thus connect and work without problems.
Regarding what people think, who stay with his, and me with mine.To the one who bothers him, almost certainly bothers me his face, and I don't tell him to hide it or disconnect it ...
Tolerance and knowledge, unfortunately not only on this subject, it is what we lack in general ...

miguelten's profile photo
miguelten
07/12/2015 4:25 p.m.

Be careful with the animas pump and the saltpeter of the beach.I advise you to water the bomb after bathing with it on the beach.

malefica33
07/12/2015 9:41 p.m.

About the animas Vibe, the educator told me that if I am going to be putting in the water with her that it is important that I change the plug of the AAA battery every 6 months

Inday's profile photo
Inday
07/13/2015 6:44 p.m.

Miguelten you are right in what you say, but it gives me stick and that I have ever done it, being three months by putting it on the beach almost every morning and afternoons.I prefer to protect it a little with the case, but I repeat that you carry all the reason, I carry an aquatic microinfusora and put a bag.
Regarding the plugs I was talking to Novalab and I told me that the plugs if we put it on the beach and observe the most minimal mark that we changed and I would not expect the 6 months to change it at least in summer.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/15/2015 6:13 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Hello!Looking today on submersible bags I have seen the Aquapac.It seemed good but I don't understand how water does not enter if the catheter stands out from the bag?Can you explain better to me?

Jessicagr's profile photo
Jessicagr
08/30/2015 9:58 p.m.

Diabética desde año 2000/ bomba desde 2010.

Jessicag looks at this video that I made, I don't like it very much because it's long, I'm shy and cut ha ha ha, it was my second video that did.
Link
Let's see if I encourage myself and although summer is finished I record it again together with several of the Animas Vibe Bomb and the Comfort Short Infusion System that are scarce online and do not convince me
In the video you will understand everything.
If you are going to buy it that I am very happy with her, do not hesitate to look in Latinadeladiabetes.com for more prices that I have looked there they have the best you can see that they are diabetic and do not want to make gold with us.The case is of an impressive quality.I have bathed this summer hours and hours in the beach and pool and not even a drop.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/31/2015 11:58 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Hello everyone!!For me it has been my first summer with a bomb, and with the theme water and sport I am frustrated. I really like going to the beach, pool, kayak ... but since I carry the bomb it gives me Corage because I have returned from dry land haha.

I live relatively close to the beach, but the maximum I can be is an hour without a bomb as they indicated, although I confess that it will be two hours and up, or similar, I started in 110 and end with 112.
The pool is easy, because I go out, I put it on and take it off, and the truth is what others say little, it will be for that reason I did not feel observed !!I didn't even think the catheter was seen.
But with the beach and sport, the thing is different and I can't finish hitting.

The alternative guidelines do not go very well, my big problem is always the hypos and that I have a lotAt the time it is guaranteed, and I punctuate me just nothing (use bolis of half units).
I no longer enter the part that for 5 days I changed to Bolis, it was madness.I went to the Cap de Creus area with the idea of ​​beach, do water sports and hiking ... the only thing I did was drink juices and be pissed off like a monkey !!

In my case, the bomb I carry, Accuchck, is not water resistant.Are this type of waterproof bags safe for these cases?Because I would not try to look at me and forget about alternative guidelines.

Thank you!

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
08/31/2015 3:31 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

If @gemater do not hesitate.I have used the cover all summer and not a drop has entered and sensitivity to the occlusion in full and has not detected anything.Watch the video that you record if you want to see how you go and the purchase site do not hesitate for price, guarantee and safety lathendadeladiabetes.com I look for even abroad have the best market price.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/03/2015 5:29 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Hello, I have been with the pump for 4 months and gone to the picina and the beach when I have bathed the pump I have left it in a fridge with ice plates, and the catheter skewed them in several areas, arms, gut, glutekidneys and thighs.I have always thought that people are very curuis but I don't care what they look and say, first it is me and my health and I have almost 25 years of diabetes, debut with 11 and I have 35 and I am the mother of a girl who helps me in everythingreferring to diabetes.

joana's profile photo
joana
09/08/2015 1:55 a.m.

Hello family,

This year was the first of my boy on the beach with the bomb.So that you get an idea we usually go to the beach about 11A.M.And we are until 14.30, the girl does not leave us less.When we went down Albertode towards a control was over 130-140.The pump and water was disconnected with the girl and the sand.Already with the free at the time it was measured again and the average era of 115, remained disconnected.At 2 hours the free marked 95 and so on until hypoglycemia entered at 3 hours.So every day.I call your doctor and tell him that the activity that was responsible for these descents without being connected to the bomb.We were very surprised.So all summer.The solution was to take a mid -morning to stay.But with this plan we have not noticed the bomb .... Of course we did not carry it.

The most curious thing is that on the beach in our area we were 4 bomb users.

Monica_LTD's profile photo
Monica_LTD
09/09/2015 8:28 p.m.

www.latiendadeladiabetes.com
info.latiendadeladiabetes@gmail.com

El Libro Blanco de la Diabetes
La diabetes contada por diabéticos

@Monica_ltd surely apart from physical activity they also had to see heat and humidity.At least when I go to places with a warm and humid weather you give me some lows that for ...

Inday's profile photo
Inday
09/09/2015 8:43 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.