Adrenalin.

Host's profile photo   06/16/2011 10:54 a.m.

Greetings

Yesterday (Wednesday), something very strange happened to me.I woke up with 71 mg/dl (I always wake up like this, about 67 ~ 90) and I had breakfast, all very normal.At 2 h I looked at the glucose again and I was white 57 !!And neither did I notice so badly ... the following moments if I began to find very bad (typical hypo).Grafé 2.2 Rhc and 10 min later had 67 mg/dl and put another 2.2 rhc;At 10 min he had 87 mg/dl.At 30 min I already had 114 mg/dl and I didn't look up to 3h later, which was when I ate (90mg/dl).: |What a rare thing, and that strong breakfast ...

The period after breakfast, all I did was go to the workshop, they looked at me a couple of things and took it.I was quite cheerful to the first leg and the return, I mean enjoying the curves and quite fast.As it was not the adrenaline segregated at that time I do not understand why of those glucose values.I measured myself correctly, up to 2 units of novorapid to breakfast, since I was 71 and corrected according to my endocrine guidelines.

However today it has not happened to me, but I have not touched the motorcycle either, so I have curious to ask about adrenaline.

What do you think?Was that hypo because of that?

Host's profile photo
Host
06/16/2011 10:54 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello partner.
I had a question like this and I told the endocrine.I will explain it in another way that she did.

Adrenaline is a hormone that is generated when there is a tension situation.I will explain it to you with a dramatization :-)

Imagine that you are, for example, a deer (good hahaha or another herbivorous animal if you think it is a bit ñoño) a wolf's herd runs to you with the intention of eating you.At that time your body generates adrenaline and tense your muscles to be able to run and flee.In that process the body increases the amount of blood sugar that as you know is the gasoline of the body and consumes it to paste a great jump and run that runs you.

I understand that adrenaline is linked to the amount of glucose, therefore more adrenaline plus sugar and as we cannot metabolize it in a natural way we gain glycemia.

I don't think the descents were due to the adrenaline climb .. Can it be that when you really do these curves and consume glucose?Those is what happens to elite motorists?

I hope that what I am writing is not wrong and if I am please someone comment that also interests me.

Many hugs.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
06/16/2011 11:58 a.m.

greetings

Yesterday (Wednesday), something very strange happened to me.I woke up with 71 mg/dl (I always wake up like this, about 67 ~ 90) and I had breakfast, all very normal.At 2 h I looked at the glucose again and I was white 57 !!And neither did I notice so badly ... the following moments if I began to find very bad (typical hypo).Grafé 2.2 Rhc and 10 min later had 67 mg/dl and put another 2.2 rhc;At 10 min he had 87 mg/dl.At 30 min I already had 114 mg/dl and I didn't look up to 3h later, which was when I ate (90mg/dl).: |What a rare thing, and that strong breakfast ...

The period after breakfast, all I did was go to the workshop, they looked at me a couple of things and took it.I was quite cheerful to the first leg and the return, I mean enjoying the curves and quite fast.As it was not the adrenaline segregated at that time I do not understand why of those glucose values.I measured myself correctly, up to 2 units of novorapid to breakfast, since I was 71 and corrected according to my endocrine guidelines.

However today it has not happened to me, but I have not touched the motorcycle either, so I have curious to ask about adrenaline.

What do you think?Was that hypo because of that?

Forget about adrenaline (which by the way is inhibitory of the action of insulin, non -contributing).I would bet you an omelet skewer and a cane that the problem is of injection, and for whatever (there are 2837483992838 reasons) that day insulin has been absorbed much more quickly.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
06/16/2011 12:16 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Grondullo, to see if you help me, because what happened to me yesterday is Flipar:

I have 31, 2.5 years of DB1 and always controlled (last hemo 5,7).Well, I don't know why, but in the last month at night I don't know what milk happens but I do not give one and I put lukewarm but it is that yesterday was championship.I am from Bilbao, I think that your tb, I took some pintxos in a bar, about 14hc or so, there was everything, Torti Pan Tumaca mmmmmmmmmm good total, my normal index is 1HC 1 ud of Apidra but as it shit so much lately I decided to beHyperconservator and for those 14 HC I suck 6 units from Apidra.Rdos ?????You will say .... 300, 400, !!!!Well, none of that.Rdo 34 A championship hypo to the one of an hour.But the weird thing comes now, in the next hour I zampe 3 juices of 200ml + a platano + like 20 sugar (yes 20, imagine after the skewers and that pump as it had the stomach) rdo ???????1000?2000?Not 72 2 hours later fucking, after that barbarity I climb only 40 units.

Of course, when it comes to getting up 293, which is not bad.Nothing makes sense, I suck the lantus at 9 pm or so, almost at the same time that dinner, but I am not mistaken from Chuta (that could be an explanation, but it is not) and also, never as exaggerated as yesterday but yesterday butThis has been passing me like a month?

By the way, how is Ale Bayer USB?Is it free?

Thank you for the aid because sincerely for the first time in these 2.5 years I do not know where it gives me the air ...

volodia's profile photo
volodia
06/16/2011 12:44 p.m.

greetings

Go ... badly ineked insulin, Joe ... *Remove questions for the prox visit to endo *.That day if I remember correctly, click on the belly, right side.

If going on a motorcycle is an exercise and my glucose lowers me ... then: Mrgreen: ...

Moto+curves = less glucose = of fucking mother = healthy for me !! = excuse if I stop traffic: mrgreen:

I will tell my endo and as I will have to rular some tortilla caps and some reeds :)).Will you give me a proof as they are freely biased in a motorcycle?hahaha would molar a deck.

Thanks companions good day !!

PS: Ami gave it free the Bayern Ubs, I'm in love with hahaha

Host's profile photo
Host
06/16/2011 12:57 p.m.

And it won't your pancreas pulling reservations?It is that something similar happened to me and the endo told me that the pancreas, having rest for the help of the insulin chetes, it was as if it had taken air to make the last effort.That's how simple I explain it to me.Maybe it may be your case.I don't know.Salutres

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
06/16/2011 1:11 p.m.

That could be but for that they would have to be both in "honeymoon" or at least in the last pumps of the "honeymoon."

From what Volodia has counted, it has been 2 and a half years with type 1 diabetes, it would be a "super long honeymoon" that lasts so long, although you never know.

In the case of host (he has commented on another thread) has been with type 1 diabetes for a year or something more, it could be more feasible to be even in "honeymoon" but that first year has been badly diagnosed as type 2(I mean, he has been forcing his reservations during the first year for a bad diagnosis) could be in "honeymoon" and maybe he could be playing a bad pass but his reserves may also be exhausted for that first year.

As Grondullo said there are a thousand things that can influence.An intramuscular injection (instead of subcutaneous) is absorbed faster.If it comes from being with high glycemia stockings the fact of being quite above diabetes and bringing better controls (lower glycemia stockings) makes insulin resistance down a bit and less insulin is needed.

These X files are "normal" within this disease, in 2+2 diabetes it does not have 4 (it can be 4 or not).

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/16/2011 2 p.m.

Ahhh the files x ... how boring we would be without them.

As is happening to me lately, I agree with Gondrullo: shock :;)
The absorption of an insulin puncture can be so variable that we would be scared if someone began to study it seriously.
The causes ... Well, no idea.
I fear that on the one hand the injection areas, the fat of the area, the needle will have to do ....
And on the other hand, the relationship between the chemistry of the insulin and the chemistry of our body will have to do ... there will be days that those 2 sets are equal to and there will be other days that take to kill.

Responding to Volodia, I would not rule out accusing the lantus of that merciless lowness.
In my last season of Lantusero ... my night downsis were championship, unpredictable, uncontrollable and inremontable ... I vaguely remember a hypo of 30 and many that I traced for 2 hours and peak based on cookies and juice, I came to count 19HC rations .... The next day I got up with a shatter stomach and an 180-190 (I don't remember exactly) in the glucometer.Brutal.

DiabetesForo
06/16/2011 2:28 p.m.

Volody, sometimes repeated beast hypos indicate that doses must be lowered.It happened to me years ago, I had a hypermegabajonazo going to Madrid (fortunately I did not drive) and gave me a 23. I took and ate what is not written, and I was "conservative" as you have said, in my next meal (theDinner), and still, at bedtime I had a beautiful 27. In the following days I also had several more downs, which forced me to lower all the rapid doses, after which my glycemias were adequately regulated again.Don't tell me why, but that happened.And so abruptly.
On the other hand, you will also know that when summer arrives, our medium glycemia falls, and it is usually necessary to re-evaluate the down dose.And how does a diabetic find out that he needs less insulin?With a downturn, generally mega-low.That could also be the case of yours.

Anyway, you will also know that meals away from home are always more difficult to calculate, and sometimes the leg gets because we do not control as much as with food at home.I have the bad habit ((although for me it is good) to be conservative in my dose when it was, especially with meals especially difficult to calculate because you cannot know well the portions.

Finally, a little proselytism ... are you a partner of the Biscay Association, right?Because if not ... I'm going to look personally :)) :)) :))

Owash, it is difficult for me to blame the Lantus.Not only because of my personal experience, but for the statistics and studies that I have been able to see on it.Precisely, his great advantage from his birth is that he drastically reduced hypos (especially nightlife, because it is usually administered at night).And its power is not so great as to produce a mega-base.I have been given many dirts between hours that are theoretically the result of Lantus, but they are so light and soft that you go back simply smelling a cake **

** This is pussy, I say it for the new ones, to see if anyone will believe it and lite it :)) :)) :))

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
06/17/2011 4:08 a.m.

Ah, the bayer contour USB.Yes, it's free as everyone.And I like it a lot.In fact, now I have it as the glucometer that I like the most until the next appearance of the One Touch Verio that marks tendencies.
The contour is very small, it has no batteries, it is in color, small, minimal, fast show... Anyway, I like it.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
06/17/2011 4:12 a.m.

Volody, to me your case, sounds much more to one slower absorption because the amount of food has been greater.

More food is more time to digest and therefore, longer until glucose reaches the blood.And since the apidra, it always has the same duraction, 2 or 3 hours regardless of what you eat, in this case, it would make you lower the blood glucose to 2 or 3 hours because you would have put the total insulin for foods thatThey have not yet been digested.And in the long run, I would end up hitting a rush when the effect of the apidra would have happened to you.

It gives me that feeling, because although you had low values ​​while ate and after eating (although I suppose it would be a dinner), the next morning you got up with a beautiful 293, and that, taking into account that during the whole night your kidneys would haveStatus filtering glucose, so the climb could be quite larger ...

My personal advice, which of course, can be wrong and if so, correct me those who have more experience.It is that, in heavy meals, or with more fat of the normal one in which you see that your digestion is slower, divided the puncture into two, for example one when eating, and another at 2 or 3 hours, and measure a lotTo learn how your body behaves, even that night getting up a couple of times to check the glucose.
And in the dowers, not mix so much for the same reason, because the more food mixes, the more slowly it will rise to you.That is why you say, (Yes 20, imagine after the skewers and that bomb as I had the stomach) Well, I tell you, imagine if you had your stomach so full, what would take everything to do everythingThat digestion ...

In my case, in general, as long as I notice stomach heaviness, or very full because I have eaten a lot, at two hours I am with a more or less reasonable glucose level, but then it goes up like the foam if I do not put more insulin... even though I have not yet controlled this type of meals well because it is a little scary to put the insulin without having ate recently and in the end you just correct the high values ​​after.

DiabetesForo
06/17/2011 9:36 a.m.

How interesting info .... I love you, I have the questions to rebise, my endo will make me mania, I think I will leave some ask the educator: Mrgreen:.If they quarrel, know those who blame :))

As for the issue, the same situation has not happened to me again, all normal although I still arrive under glucose to the meals, I suppose the lantus will come down again.This weekend is good and I have prepared a route for all Saturday and more of the same for Sunday, I hope that no hiccups will visit me.

Greetings, thanks and good weekend !!

Host's profile photo
Host
06/17/2011 2:43 p.m.

Gondrullo, if the studies and statistics are clear (especially those paid by the laboratory itself) ... as clear as almost all of us who use or have used Lantus we know that it does a peak of action (although the laboratory denies it) andIt occurs in a non -systematic way.

DiabetesForo
06/17/2011 5:10 p.m.

If the dose of Lantus is correct (or close to the correct dose) its peak (which has it) does not produce low lows as those commented.

I mean ... assuming that it is a problem produced by the Lantus (which can be culprit or not) if it is for an excessive dose of lantus (and not because the lantus is the culprit of all evil).

DiabetesForo
06/17/2011 5:51 p.m.

Gondrullo, if the studies and statistics are clear (especially those paid by the laboratory itself) ... as clear as almost all of us who use or have used Lantus we know that we know thatIt makes a peak of action (although the laboratory denies it) and occurs in a non -systematic way.

Ok, I am self -correct to correct myself: "Some of those who use/have used Lantus say that it does a peak of action."

I have put my experience, with big dards at dawn by the effect of the Lantus (I always ceno 8.30 and the dowers were always between 2 and 3) ... dosons to go to bed at 11 or 12 with 120-140 and wake me upWith 40 and few (or less) ... that was to blame for the Lantus, there was no other.
That happened certain days, not all ... The rest of the time, the dose of Lantus was correct and did not produce any downturn and the behavior was normal.
Because?File x .... or those mentioned above, catecholamines.

DiabetesForo
06/18/2011 5:01 a.m.

Well, it has happened to me again this morning ...

At 2 hours breakfast 103, I go out on a motorcycle and the hour or hour and a half zas ... downturn.I stop, 59, ingestion of 2 batches of 2.2 Rhc every 10 min, 59- & GT; 68- & GT; 89, I follow the march.

I do not consider that it is an intense exercise, I consider more intense to run or do weights.Until 27 I have no appointment in the endo and I'm scratching.I don't care about the stop I have ingested some rations of carbohydrates, but I worry that I am strong in full curve and well ... what may happen.

Do you think it is convenient to put some rations of carbohydrates to the body before leaving route?

Host's profile photo
Host
06/18/2011 8:10 a.m.

More than convenient, totally necessary.Doing a physical activity by unintended that it is with a previous 103, it does not seem the most appropriate and more when the insulin of the bolus is still taking effect.
I would take some more ration at breakfast and insulin would go down, it is what I do on the weekend, which I run in the morning.

DiabetesForo
06/18/2011 9:54 a.m.

A 103 mg/dl post-comp. It is to leave that meal and if it is something that is starting to happen several times after the same meal is a clear sign that it is left over in that meal, the values ​​of the post-Meals are controlled with the rapid (mainly).

You can play with both things (lower the dose of quick and/or eat more) but it is something that is being repeated in the same meal I think you should raise the foot of the rapid in that food first.

DiabetesForo
06/18/2011 2:51 p.m.

My case yesterday.
172 After eating.I play in a communion.Scheduled time for the show, 19:30.But as almost always between one thing and another, they take cake and others because it is delayed.Not as anything, because I am riding the whole set.I start, I do my magic show.All ok.Nerves the usual.
I end at about 21:30, I look at myself and I am in 280. I am invited to the Supament snack, I wear more quickly, because everything is a peck and somewhat insane, and the same dose of Lantus.
I'm going home, and when I arrive (1:30) I am dead sweat and trembling like a rioter, he looks at me and only 55.
This does not always happen to me, because sometimes I end with good values ​​after a show, but it begins to be the most common.
They can the nerves and the drain, climb so much and so Rapdio, and then I can open it so slowly that almost and despite eating well, with little more than the usual dose I go from low as I quote a partner about a post above?

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
06/19/2011 8:48 a.m.

I did not correct the increases that stress or adrenaline produces, in my case they are usually short -lived and then glucose plummeted without correcting, ending in hicc as many times.

DiabetesForo
06/19/2011 10:10 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.