Adrenalin.

Host's profile photo   06/16/2011 10:54 a.m.

I do not correct the increases that stress or adrenaline produces, in my case they are usually short -term rises and then the glucose falls into a chopped one without correcting, ending in hiccups manytimes.

me neither.nor the mystery of the increases produced by a simple cane (which are of an order, which is a mystery of science that one day someone will explain to me), because if I do, it is a later downturn.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
06/20/2011 7:59 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

mystery resolved
Experiences of a biker with type 1 diabetes.
Source: Link

diabetes and motorcycle.

As I said in my first post there were various reasons why I should not get on a high displacement motorcycle or in the concessionaire; such as that the last time I had taken something with two wheels was a BH with 15 years ...But that cures the experience. Really that makes motorcycles not an advisable hobby for me is diabetes, I suffer from type 1 diabetes.

Who does not know what diabetes is a metabolic disease that causes the pancreas not to produce insulin, a hormone that helps glucose to enter the cells and so they feed. If you do not produce insulin, the cells do not feed,Feeling weakness, and glucose is in the blood, thickening it and causing the kidneys to work for forced marches. This is a brief and little scientific description of what diabetes is.

Well, since my pancreas is a bump and gave him to retire without warning at 26 the motorcycle is the most advisable. The pancreas adjusts the insulin levels automatically depending on those who eat, the exercise you do at each time orAnything you need to need more or less glucose. At not work this organ in question, diabetics need to supply it by injecting insulin directly, if you have a very solid routine more or less keep the stable glucose levels.

I clarify; if the glucose levels are low give you hypoglycemia, we go a lifelong sugar downturn, but with the difference that they are much stronger than those of a person not sick. If the levels are high they can give you hyperglycemia, normally they have few short -term complications, although in very exaggerated cases it can have them, but if this state is maintained you can end with serious problems of blood circulation, kidneys and eyes.

Well, like everyone who rides in a motorcycle, it is impossibleProblem, makes your body consume a large amount of glucose, being able to cause a few minutes later a fainting ... which is quite advisable going on a motorcycle.

Once I spend a case that is quite exemplifying:

I went out with my girlfriend to see a motorcycle for a concessionaire for the second time, the first time I had gone through him, a deep Shadow Black Widow precious with 3000 km.And for only € 4,200, but I didn't know how to say the kid if it was sold or not, I passed the next day, when the boss was and told me that I was already sold. I was very disappointed, the truth is that I followed the "route"Of the concessionaires "in the twenty minutes of taking the car I noticed that I was lowering the sugar, so I took a couple of sugar envelopes ... the next thing I remember is to be 20 kilometers from where I was aware of the last time ofbe.

As my girlfriend lost my girlfriend, I lost my notion, I started to make my fool and I almost hit her at a traffic light ... because she hit me a scream and frant, but I was 5 centimeters to give another car behind,She with my nerves did not succeed to take my key from the contact, she got out of the car to get me out of him but before I could get to my door, the highway had already started and focused and as I said before I started uploading the glucose about 20 kilometersLater ... pa´habernos Matao, and only for a small disgust that made my glucose enter a barrena.

The testimony disappoints me a bit, but I love motorcycles, I will never stop being aBiker for diabetes, come on ... neither think: mrgreen:

Host's profile photo
Host
06/20/2011 8:57 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I insist.Adrenaline inhibits insulin action, so that blood glucose rises.And it is so because adrenaline "prepares" you for an emergency situation, where you may need an extra contribution of glucose in the muscles.That story that quotes is a single personal experience, and as such must be considered.

But I also have my own experience.I've been using the motorcycle for years every day of the year, with sun, rain, wind or hail.And it is true that in the motorcycle you must always go especially attentive, so I think that could perhaps mislead you a bit of possible symptoms of hypo that can happen to you more unnoticed than in another daily situation.But not so much to make the motorcycle little less than something to avoid in a person with diabetes.

To put the motorcycle mosquty, we already have the ineffable Pere Navarro: Evil :: Evil :: Evil:

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
06/20/2011 11:30 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.