Apidra change to novorapid

Nenito's profile photo   11/08/2011 7:59 a.m.

Hi guys,
I am glad to see you/reads.It has surprised me that no one has opened any thread or something with the experiences with the change of the Apidra insulin, for the problem that has been with the accident and the supply, and I have already seen the change in my partner.
Recently, just a week, on the visit to the endocrine, the Apidra has changed for novorapid for breakfast and dinners, and a novorapid with a little slow mixing mixed for meals.

The fact is that we told ourselves, because it looks, since there is no apidra, and as lately more than insulin it seemed that one was clicking water to replace the jugs of sugar, the same until we are good for insulin change.I also thought, as many in the forum you use novorapid, I told myself, surely this is even better.

And without a doubt, the change has been impressive: to continue having breakfast, eating and having practically the same, the levels of the morning are great (to see if they continue like this, we will pray) to get up between 140-200 to 90-80 ... 110.

However, it seems that the insulin Novorapid with a mixture of slow meals is not doing so well, because apparently two hours of puncturing, sometimes it is even high.And which one corrects?with what has the slow mixture?Or with the normal novorapid, which seems to be better.

I do not know if the time will have to stop pricking the mixture.At the moment we believe that with the one that has to correct, it will be with the normal one.

All the best!

Nenito's profile photo
Nenito
11/08/2011 7:59 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi, I'm just my opinion, but we have recently been in some coexistence, and endocrine in the talks
They have taught us, that fast action analogs such as (novorapid) should not, nor can they be mixed with glargine insulins such as (lantus), or determine (Levemir).
I put my son mixed, because only regular insulin can be mixed as (Actrapid), with the NPH (the insulating).
That is why when mixing the glargine with an AAR, the analogy is slowed.
I think they always get separated.

juanqui2791's profile photo
juanqui2791
11/08/2011 8:49 a.m.

Hi Nenito, there was a thread on the subject, yes.But it is basically what you say.People have changed both Novorapid and Humalog ... I'm surprised what you tell the change.Theoretically any of the 3, Apidra, Novorapid and Humalog have similar behavior, they may differentiate themselves in the duration of the effect and also by the time it begins to take effect, but it did not believe that it would be so significant.Nevertheless great if you do better so ... and do you say that the medium gave is pre -chewed?AGGGG, I can't always avoid making the same comment, I can't with those insulins ..., you have to be very careful with corrections, since you have to contat with the action peaks of the insulins that compose them, if that dominates it, you dominate it,Corrections are usually made with fast insulins .... I would try to change the most physiological, basal+bowling treatments, it is about putting a basal insulin (lantus or levemir) that covers 24 hoursTo cover the intakes and corrections ... in most patients, once the guideline is achieved, it produces a higher quality of life and considerably improves control ...

Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/08/2011 9:51 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hi Nenito:
I use Apidra for several years, since it came out, and I have not noticed any change in this time or with the humalog I used before, now I will return to Humalog when I finish and I hope to continue the same: D
Regarding the mixed one you use in the food because I think the same as Velia, they seem to me sincerely, the endocrine usually prescribes them if the basal does not last 24 hours and thinking that they do us a favor avoiding a puncture and I personally prefer to prick once againTo get out of control .... I would also use a novorapid in the food.

Juanqui, Nenito I suppose that he refers to a mixed insulin, not to gather novorapid with Lantus or Levemir .....

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/08/2011 10:18 a.m.

Nenito, I agree with Velia and Prado.

My daughter has just changed Apidra to Humalog, and puts the same dose.

The mixtures can only be prescribed by a sadistic, at this point in the film.

Health

DiabetesForo
11/08/2011 12:14 p.m.

Nenito refers to mixed or biphasic insulins.For example, the Novomix50, which has a 50% Aspart (the same as Novorapid) and 50% aspart criticized with protamina (a substance) that slows its action until 10 am.

The analogues (Apidra, Humalog, Novorapid) and the ultralent insulins can be prick at the same time.You just have to inject them into different areas and never into the same syringe.
There are no more contraindications.

The equivalences between analogues are almost 100%, but as always each we are a separate world and there may be people with different absorptions.
In another post I already put a fairly long list of excipients that carry each insulin.

Nenito, to always correct is with an insulin analog (novorapid, humalog or apidra) ... the theory of 1 unit for every 50 mg/dl of blood glucose, although each person has different sensitivity.

DiabetesForo
11/08/2011 1:59 p.m.

Thank you guys for your help once more.The truth is that at the moment he is going quite well, it is as if before, compared to him less effect, I even thought that his body was getting used to it so much, that every time he became more insulin, he needed more, just as it happened with the Lantus.Pointed!To correct with novorapid hehe thanks Owash,

A hug.

Nenito's profile photo
Nenito
11/11/2011 9:08 a.m.

Hello everyone: I am a nurse, I am 52 years old and I debuted with a lada diabetes (insulin -dependent of the adult) 1 year ago.Use Lantus and Apidra.All VAT well until about 3 weeks ago the levels were out of control, I have once again passed and I have left the novorapid and the controls are perfect again.
For those who do not know, the insulin similar to the Apidra is the Humalog Quick-Pen, the novorapid is slightly different

anzarez's profile photo
anzarez
11/25/2011 2:39 p.m.

Although the three are rapid action analogues with a duration, curves and similar peaks. The functioning of any of the three in the same person may be different.
Maybe one has a softer than another or maybe one has a strongLet only be known by monitoring more (more controls) and regulating doses.

There will be people to whom the change from Apidra to Novorapid will seem wonderful (like the person who has started this thread) and there will be people who change will not seem so wonderful (as Anzarez).

The change is made to monitor more and regulate dose.

I am trying to dodge the problem as much as I can, I calculate that I have more or less apidra until the end of January, I hope it is enough and that at that time there are no longer supply problems.

DiabetesForo
11/25/2011 2:59 p.m.

A question Anzarez ... you comment that you asked Apidra to Novorapid and that after a few weeks you have returned to the Apidra ... How have you achieved Apidra again?Is being able to get it has something to do with you are a nurse?Pq right now in pharmacies it is almost impossible to get it.

DiabetesForo
11/25/2011 3:20 p.m.

Hi Nenito:
I use Apidra for several years, since it came out, and I have not noticed any change in this time or with the humalog that I used before, now I will return to Humalog when I finish and I hope I continue

romevila's profile photo
romevila
11/26/2011 3:49 a.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

Indeed, Humalog and Apidra seem more than Novorapid.

But as the Forero TNT has said, in practice absorption and differences can be given, so that controls and evaluate how it affects is essential.

The 3 ultra -granted insulins (Novorapid, Humalog and Apidra) have theoretically an equal behavior to control postpondrial blood glucose.
They are not 100% none of the 3. So it is not strange that, in case of change of any of these insulins, someone should modify the usual doses.

The insulin aspart (novorapid) is obtained by recombinant DNA technology in Saccharomyces cerevisiae: Link ... icha_25758

Insulin Glulisina (Apidra) is obtained by recombinant DNA technology in Escherichia coli:

Lispro insulin (Humalog) has its origin in recombinant technology produced in E. coli: Link ... 050332.pdf

Excipients also distinguish them:

Humalog:
m-coresol [3.15 mg/ml]
Glycerol
Dibasic sodium phosphate.7h2o
Zinc oxide
Water for injectable preparations
Having can have used hydrochloric acid and sodium hydroxide to adjust the pH to 7.0-7.8.

Apidra
Metacresol
Sodium chloride
Trometamol
Polisorbate 20
Hydrochloric acid, concentrated
Sodium hydroxide

Novorapid

Glycerol
Phenol
Metacresol
Zinc chloride
Dysodic phosphate dihydrate
Sodium chloride
Hydrochloric acid (for pH adjustment)
Sodium hydroxide (for pH adjustment)

DiabetesForo
11/26/2011 4:29 a.m.

DiabetesForo
11/26/2011 4:35 p.m.

"The contracting part of the first part ..."

DiabetesForo
11/26/2011 6:14 p.m.

Romevila, indeed before I used Humalog and changed to Apidra when it came out by indication of my endocrine, I was not going wrong with Humalog, I just wanted the doctor to try the new one because they said that I crystallized less and for those who used small quantities with the bomb could beAn advantage, although I never had problems with Humalog.
In my case I notice that Apidra has a larger duration, about 4 hours, while Humalog barely reached 3 hours.
Now I will return to Humalog.
Do not make any change without indication of your endocrine and of course nothing has to see Lantus-Levemir, with Humalog-Apridra, you know they are different and there is no point of comparison.

DiabetesForo
11/27/2011 10:32 a.m.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
11/28/2011 10:44 a.m.

DiabetesForo
11/28/2011 5:35 p.m.

TNT, you empathize like not right?

DiabetesForo
11/29/2011 9:15 a.m.

TNT

The side effects of the various medications we read comfortably in their prospect.

In order for this information to be read, it has been verified before in the patients themselves or in a laboratory with other "patients."

If I entered this forum, it was precisely because of the empathy that arises among the foreros and that "helps" many times more than insulin itself.(Thanks Alea).

Specifically, I am surrounded by doctors (parents and husband), and sometimes, with all my apologies, forgiveness and gratitude towards them, they don't suit us too much.

Now if I got out of the thread, but you don't see how I breathe ...

romevila's profile photo
romevila
11/29/2011 2:19 p.m.

The theme of the prospect and its side effects I say, because of the effects that I did notice in me, and have given themselves as real and good at last.

Anyway, the only one who could feel out of thread, replied with all the kindness of the world, is called ...

Thanks TB to you Prado.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
11/29/2011 3:01 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.