Greetings to all

Pepesan's profile photo   11/09/2011 12:37 p.m.

Hello.I am new in the forum, and practically new in diabetes.
I am 40 years old, I am a lawyer and I was diagnosed almost 2 years ago.Since then, diet and exercise, until a few months ago I started taking metformin pills.I have passed through 2 doctors and lost 20 kilos (from 71 to 51, for a height of 1.64).Now I find that my current doctor does not set me a concrete diet or a dose of pill, so I have decided to change a good endocrine that they have recommended.The problem with my previous doctors is that they did not clearly tell me the amounts that I had to eat of each thing, nor the exercises, but that I have been learning from here and there, and from a brother that I have, which is DM type 1For more than 30 years and teaching me things.
I am looking forward to stabilizing and regulating my illness as best I can.After my "honeymoon" phase I hope that from now on I can enjoy everything possible from life without having to live for the DM, but to live with it.
My hobbies ... I love reading, I play the guitar, but I don't always find as many moments as I would like to do it.I have had very good glycems at the beginning, but little by little they have deteriorated, and now I am going through a not very good time.As for the exercise ... I am every day in my work and for simple pleasure, I am somewhat on the static bike when it is wrong time and there, I am a Japanese martial arts professor twice a week, although I had to leave the practicemore intense and do something much more moderate.It has also helped me a lot to practice Taichi and Chikung, especially to avoid anxiety to eat and the logical concern produced by rejection of the disease.
Greetings to everyone and I hope to learn a lot from you, and help you how little I can.

Pepesan's profile photo
Pepesan
11/09/2011 12:37 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the forum

When you give you first diet and second metformin, I imagine that they would diagnose type 2, right?

It is strange that losing enough weight and exercising regularly your glycemia have increased.

Having a brother with DM1, have you proven your diagnosis well?Maybe a lada diabetes.

What glycosilada do you have?

I like the shushi and I was judo orange belt, but they threw me for bad: mrgreen:

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/09/2011 1:35 p.m.

I was about to send a long answer and my milking was passed.And now I enter and Owash has already said what I had begun to say, so I save it.I only summarize:
Go to the endocrine, that head doctors, in general, do not treat diabetes properly.
Make sure your diabetes is not type 1, that with your brother's history it sounds like it is quite likely.
And raise the doubts you have, that we will try to lend a hand.

Welcome home

DiabetesForo
11/09/2011 1:39 p.m.

Thanks for answering.What a speed!
Well, tomorrow I have an appointment with the endocrine.They have recommended it a lot, so in principle I am quite confident.Apparently he has written books on the subject, and is head of endocrinology and nutrition of a hospital in my town and professor ... so I suppose I will be in good hands: D ... I hope so: S
I still don't know if I can continue with pills or I will have to go to insulin directly.Who knows ... yes, I have been able to control quite well ... until now.It is likely that what has failed is the diet, because as I say, it has been more intuitive than planned by doctors.Or it is also possible that I have to inject myself already ... In any case, what I need right now is the greatest possible security, a good diagnosis and a good attack plan that can follow, and above all learn everything I can.I will ask you many things !!
The weight loss in part will have been for diabetes and partly because I have exercised a lot.At first I had the basal in 290, and the glycosylated in 7 ... then with diet and exercise I went down to a basal of 90-110 and even a glycosilada of 4.5 ... now however I had the last one at 7.2And some basal morning peaks between 180-250 ... although it is true that perhaps for not doing the diet well, because other days I wake up with 130, which is not bad ... Anyway, to see that IThe doctor says tomorrow.
This is a roll, but to say something good, since I started I have managed to be much more disciplined than before, and on a personal level I have achieved amount of things ... I move more, I am more active ... although I have also happened those thosemoments of despair that I suppose that everyone will have happened .. and what will remain ...
I don't roll up anymore.Thank you!

P.S.Judo is very good ... I am a teacher of "iaido" ... Japanese art to unleash the saber.By the way, I travel to Japan every year to practice and the issue of diet and trip is a pain (with forgiveness)

Pepesan's profile photo
Pepesan
11/09/2011 4:17 p.m.

One more thing ... about sushi.
Sushi's rice has sugar, apart from rice hydrates ...
What I do is that I prepare rice without throwing the sugar and weight separately, and then with the Nori (algae) and the fish, together with everything, well doing nigiri sushi (riding the fish on the rice) or rolling it (Makisushi) and with its soy sauce and its wasabi (spicy radish) is healthy and very rich.But when I go to a Sushi restaurant in Japan I try to take about 5 pieces (which is what they recommended in a diabetes book in Japan) and eye!Because the sashimi soy sauce or raw fish carries amount of sugar !!!!The first day I did not know and gave me a postpondrial peak that I stayed: s.So, in Japan when I go out to eat outside I take my own soy sauce in my pocket in case the flies.

Pepesan's profile photo
Pepesan
11/09/2011 4:23 p.m.

Jo had written a parrafadilla and is not!

Welcome Pepesan ... already tells us what the endocrine tells you, we will be pending ...

By the way oriental food with what goes up !!!

Greetings from an ex-Karateca: Oops:

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/09/2011 4:36 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Welcome Pepesan!
Yes, oriental food rises a lot, as in few occasions
You will tell us what the doctor tells you, you will see how you go happy
Greetingsssssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
11/10/2011 1:30 a.m.

Thank you!
Yes, I have very hopeful in this doctor.Let's see if you give the key and win a little as a life ...
Because right now I have a few days chungos.
I oriental food at home, because my wife is Japanese, hehe.Chinese restaurants or style, or think about it ... They like to suggest all sauces.Now, Japanese homemade food that is super healthy ... Many types of algae, tofu, natto, fish ... Japanese diabetics all go based on this more their rice bowl, because there the potato is super faceAnd it is almost not consumed, legumes are not here, and the integral bread almost impossible to achieve.So they have to eat rice yes or yes.I usually throw a year there and I have no choice but to adapt.Ah well, and the typical pasta of there may be the best option, because they have many types and with less hydrates than the spaghetti ...

Pepesan's profile photo
Pepesan
11/10/2011 6:25 a.m.

Hello I greet the first.And then when I write, I may be wrong in what I say most of the time, that's why I like Owash to correct me as he has already done a couple of times, so keep correcting me if I'm wrong.
The first thing to say that we must not abuse proteins, (fish) etc, recommend adult diabetics 0.6 grams per day and kilo.If you weigh 60 kg, do not escape from 36 grams.That is known by labeling.I give my son, for example, I give 1 gram of protein per kilo and day that is 20GRAMOS A DAY.Because they say that the proteins in diabetics can then cause problems: advanced glycosilation.

Tell you Owash that in your phrase: (It is strange that losing a lot of weight and exercising the glycemia have increased).I can think that it is not strange because what is lacking is insulin, the metformin what it does is slow the process of assimilating the hydrates, that is, giving time to the pancreas a little damaged that insulin secrete, but not secret enoughAnd it doesn't give him time, if we don't put insulin.Whatever happens.That the body spends fat and proteins that do not need insulin, and sugar increases because it remains remnant in the blood.
The consequence is the loss of weight to consume our own body (proteins) instead of sugars to produce energy.

And finally there are a lot of food tables with their amounts of carbohydrates per 100 grams, and that is very important to know.
I may be a bit obsessive with that but my son weights the food, I avoid the fats and give him the proteins a day to his extent.
Although to say that something fails because I have taken a 7.9 in the last glycosilada.

juanqui2791's profile photo
juanqui2791
11/10/2011 9:12 a.m.

Tell you Owash that in your phrase: (It is strange that losing a lot of weight and exercising the glycemia have increased).I can think that it is not strange because what is lacking is insulin, the metformin what it does is slow the process of assimilating the hydrates, that is, giving time to the pancreas a little damaged that insulin secrete, but not secret enoughAnd it doesn't give him time, if we don't put insulin.Whatever happens.That the body spends fat and proteins that do not need insulin, and sugar increases because it remains remnant in the blood.
The consequence is the loss of weight to consume our own body (proteins) instead of sugars to produce energy.

That is why precisely;When paying metformin it is supposed to be type 2.
Type 2 have high insulin resistance or a deficit of insulin production or 2 things at the same time.
The priority is to reduce weight and exercise ... but not reduce the weight so much, because the best what is happening in your body is what you explain.
If reducing the weight both and exercising regularly, their glycemia figures should be excellent without using any oral antidiabetic.
Therefore, I presented my doubts about whether his diagnosis was adequate

Metformin not only slows the intestinal absorption of glucose but also blocks the production of liver glucose, increases insulin sensitivity and increases the collection of insulin in the muscles.

DiabetesForo
11/10/2011 1:44 p.m.

Well, I get you out of doubt ...
This afternoon I have been in the doctor and effectively, I am type 1. I got a very good control at the beginning with the diet and exercise, but the fact that my glycemia have become bad again has that explanation.
Tonight I begin to put insulin.
I have had a very long "honeymoon."Well nothing, to move on.On the one hand worried about everything that comes from now and for another serene, knowing that I know what to stick to.I have been talking to my brother, who has been with diabetes for more than 30 years and has encouraged me and reassured me a little.In the positive ... I will eat more and better and surely I will take the kilos I need and I will not have to crush myself, and above all I will have time to read everything I want, hehe, that I have about 20 novelsWaiting for me on my shelves: D
Anyway, a lot of health to all and thank you very much for your animals and advice. :)

P.S.Let's see if I hit well tonight with my first puncture: S

Pepesan's profile photo
Pepesan
11/10/2011 4:49 p.m.

Pepesan, I think that from now on it will be much better;).Much encouragement, and as you can see here we are here to help you in what you need, although I see that you have it easy to have your brother near ...
Good luck and patience with your first puncture ...
What treatment did they put you?

Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/10/2011 5:10 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Well, I start with Lantus 6 units and I'm going to go up little by little until I take my dose.And then I will begin to see the rapid for the postpandrial peaks ... The truth is that such a long honeymoon has helped me to learn things about the temma, haha.There is a very interesting book that I want to read ... I will ask the Magi.My brother says that this is like a girlfriend, that you have to think about her all the time but you cannot break with her, hahaha ... I while my wife leaves me, there is no problem.
Next week I will have to get into the SS, because now I am in the mutual law, which has no health care ... and insulin, the strips, the needles ... I would come out for a peak ...
And nothing, this weekend, with which I will not have time to think.Just in case I take some candy.
I have put my first 6 units a while ago and really the puncture or shows.
Thank you all for listening to me.Let's see if for my birthday, which is in August, I control the subject well and I can pay tribute to a piece of cake !!!! ... and if I can't with a cake, with an apple !!!

Pepesan's profile photo
Pepesan
11/10/2011 5:33 p.m.

Pepesan, I'm glad the diagnosis is already clear.It seems that our suspicions were confirmed.

You will see how with insulin you have more freedom to eat and better control.

Health

DiabetesForo
11/10/2011 7:36 p.m.

Well yes!On the third day of putting it on my rise with a level of normal person .... I have gone from 180-200 to 70 :)
And the best thing is that I am eating 3 times more than before.The only thing that I have had a lot of work for three days have not yet had time to rest to start taking miles, but with everything I have moved I have not lost either ... used to eating very little this is great.I take my ham sandwich, my apple, custard apple, banana, tangerines ... adjusted to the diet, of course, but uf ... often change ... 2 years passing a hunger egg and exercising like a fool ...

Pepesan's profile photo
Pepesan
11/13/2011 4:18 p.m.

And apart from this, you will surely start finding yourself much better .... I'm glad your news.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/14/2011 4:05 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Great, Pepesan.
And for doubts, you know, here you have us.
Health

DiabetesForo
11/14/2011 7:55 a.m.

Hello how first greet you and that the thing goes well.
In your phrase that you put: "That just in case I take some candy."
Tell you that for possible hypoglycemia the best is sugar, but how it goes in envelopes and breaks.
I always have "Glucosport Complet blisters."They are worth 7 euros in the pharmacy and there are 20 ampoules.
It is 100% glucose in liquid, and rises blood glucose when you have hypoglycemia in a minute. It is the best there is
For hypos.
And nothing that a caramel is very slow and you have to take at least 4, because I suppose they will weigh on the 2 sheds each.
The ampoules I think they carry 6 grams of glucose.
Nothing and people who also comment that they take for hypos.
All the best.

juanqui2791's profile photo
juanqui2791
11/14/2011 8:06 a.m.

Helloaaa,
Pepesan, I'm glad the thing goes well, for the hypos I take glucosport but in pills, Juanqui, I have ever taken in liquid but the blisters in my bag were cracked or burst, I don't know if there will be something for this to make thisDo not happen, where are you carrying them, you?For TB hypos, juices are good, those that come with straw, rise very fast
Greetingsssssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
11/14/2011 8:52 a.m.

Yes, physically much better!I have taken fatigue, I am more active and with more energy ...
I have finally seen some light at the end of the tunnel ... although now another new path begins, but surely what was being done.
Thanks for the information of the Glucosport.I will look at it in my pharmacy.The candies I took weigh 4 grams and are soft, so you take them at less zero.I really bought the first thing I caught when I left the doctor and it was late at night.But come on, I looked for some as the softer possible ... Anyway, I hope to control better so I have not to take them: s although I have gone to the job .. uf uf ...

Pepesan's profile photo
Pepesan
11/14/2011 8:55 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.