How to cut high sugar peaks after meals?

carloszgz's profile photo   11/17/2013 3:07 p.m.

Hello, I tell you my problem, at the moment I had well controlled diabetes, but for a few days, postpandracial measurements 2 hours after meals come out with values ​​of 260-270, but then when I measure me before the next meal I amWell, in 80-90 and sometimes even low to 70. If I wear more insulin to go down that peak after meals they give me sugar down, and my diet is breakfast, food and dinner without chopping anything between hours, II put novorapid before meals and Lantus at night, I don't know how I can download those peaks, I've been diabetic and more or less always was fine, I don't know if I should change my diet and put more insulin to lower the peaks and eat somethingHalf a morning and afternoon so as not to have declines.
Well thank you very much in advance and greetings!

carloszgz's profile photo
carloszgz
11/17/2013 3:07 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You can put the insulin a little before eating.20 min before ...
o Eat more fiber to slow the absorption

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/17/2013 5:40 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

unless fiber foster I doubt that it serves something.

What I deduce is that you make few meals, 3 meals a day is not recommended for a healthy person.Maybe what you should do is put more insulin so as not to have 270 after meals, and snack/eat mid -morning, not to get to before the next meal with 70 or hypoglycemia.

farstar's profile photo
farstar
11/18/2013 1:23 a.m.

I think that quickly and you are slow.How much do you sleep?And you get up?
Eat food with low glycemic index, even so at 2 hours it is not normal to go up so much, have you looked at how much you are at the time?Although in the postpandral we always talk at 2 or 3 hours of eating, a very high blood glucose at the time is not much (very high I mean A 200 and something)

tica's profile photo
tica
11/18/2013 3:20 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

He does not have plenty of slow, he has just said that he is thrown from eating until dinner without contributing anything to the body xD that is 8 hours ...

farstar's profile photo
farstar
11/18/2013 6:38 a.m.

I don't have it as clear, how would I get at 8 hours if blood glucose at two hours out of 120?

tica's profile photo
tica
11/18/2013 6:49 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Lantus I put 10 at night, I wake up with 90-100.
I think I will upload the fast insulin and eat something between hours, what I don'tThey gave him a snack and lunch (a piece of fruit) and no.
If the blood glucose at two hours is 120 I do not reach the next meal, it gives me a downturn.
Do you all have five or six meal diet a day?

carloszgz
11/18/2013 9:46 a.m.

Carlos, with well -regulated basal insulin, you will have to make yourself quickly before each meal and, in theory, you would keep well between meals.
You can eat as many times as you want, whenever you get fast
That is theory.Sometimes it happens that you need a little more basal to cover 24 hours and you have to eat something between hours, to stay stable.
The five meals or six are necessary when a flat basal (NPH type) is not used and you have to eat coinciding with insulin peaks.This treatment is very overwhelming, because it forces you to rigid food schedules and there is a risk of hypos.

The flat basal (lantus) and fast treatment is much better to eat, and if you see that you get under the next meal, you can eat something light between hours.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/18/2013 11:26 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Regina said:
Carlos, with well -regulated basal insulin, you will have to get fast before each meal and, in theory, you would keep well between meals.
You can eat as many times as you want, whenever you get fast
That is theory.Sometimes it happens that you need a little more basal to cover 24 hours and you have to eat something between hours, to stay stable.
The five meals or six are necessary when a flat basal (NPH type) is not used and you have to eat coinciding with insulin peaks.This treatment is very overwhelming, because it forces you to rigid food schedules and there is a risk of hypos.

The flat basal (lantus) and fast treatment is much better to eat, and if you see that you get under the next meal, you can eat something light between hours.

I get slow and fast, slow 10 at night and fast before meals, about 3-4 units.

carloszgz
11/18/2013 11:36 a.m.

Well, as you wake up well, I wouldn't go down the Lantus.I would upload the fast and eat something between hours (a yogurt or two cookies or a coffee) to get to the next meal ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/18/2013 4:33 p.m.

Of course it is that.No one should make 3 meals a day, even totally healthy people.I can look for links where even WHO recommends eating more than 3 times a day, but if you get, because you don't have to look for them.

and in your case reason more.You should have 120 after meals, you say that you can get it, the problem is to have hiccups before the next meal.solution?Lunch and snack.

farstar's profile photo
farstar
11/18/2013 9:18 p.m.

Farstar said:
Of course it is that.No one should make 3 meals a day, even totally healthy people.I can look for links where even WHO recommends eating more than 3 times a day, but if you get, because you don't have to look for them.

and in your case reason more.You should have 120 after meals, you say that you can get it, the problem is to have hiccups before the next meal.solution?Lunch and snack.

Nothing more to add, I think the same ... if you have hiccups in the afternoon, snack;)

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
11/19/2013 4:33 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

I'm looking at the postpandracials, and one hour after eating I have about 200 and at 2 hours 160-170.What levels are you?I think it goes up very fast,

carloszgz
11/22/2013 11:07 a.m.

I have controlled myself right now and I was at 98, an hour ago at 88 and I have eaten at 14 ...
What goes great to me is the bomb, because I get more basal or less depending on the hours I need more or less ...

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
11/22/2013 11:32 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Well, I look at the sugar before eating and I have 90, how, and 2008, how do you be 98 two hours later?How much insulin do you put for each ration of hydrates?snacks?I know that each person is different, but for having an idea.
And something else, how long does quick insulin stop acting at 3 hours or so?Then the sugar is stable until next food more or less.

carloszgz
11/22/2013 5:42 p.m.

Yes, the rapid lasts about 3 hours.Look two hours after eating, if you are at more than 170 you can get one more quickly .., depending on the exercise you have to do later.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/22/2013 6:28 p.m.

Regina said:
Yes, the rapid lasts about 3 hours.Look two hours after eating, if you are at more than 170 you can get one more quickly .., depending on the exercise you plan to do later.
At two hours I am fine, what I am wrong is at the time, which I am in 200.

carloszgz
11/23/2013 5:37 a.m.

You should not measure at the time, it is normal to measure at 2 hours or 3 hours.Do not pretend to have perfect figures always, you would not have diabetes :).The figures that make you intrusive are easier to get with the insulin pump because we have the basal, we adjust it by schedule, something impossible with pen but still we do not have perfect figures at all hours ..... there are alwaysPicos.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/23/2013 6:49 a.m.

If you are fine in the pres and in general, almost all day except one or two hours after food, I wouldn't give it more turns.Personally, I see no problem in that little time with a slightly high figure.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/24/2013 12:10 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

What figure would be the optima two hours after the meal?In each site that Leo puts a different thing,

carloszgz
11/24/2013 3:02 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.