How to cut high sugar peaks after meals?

carloszgz's profile photo   11/17/2013 3:07 p.m.

Well, they usually say that less than 180.
You will never have an equal figure, but you will know what you need to not have hypos later.
Non -diabetics have values ​​less than 140.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/24/2013 6:37 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Carloszgz As Prado says, I have those values ​​thanks to the bombs of the pump ... with the bolis for me it was impossible.Ahroa himself, I don't have a dose guideline due to hydrates ... I take 1.5RHC at 8h, 3 RHC at 9.30 am, 4 RHC at 2:00 p.m. and 4RHC at 9-222h approx.The dinner is much more variable in terms of dinner and if I am below 100 before bed, 1.5 rhc more ... I do not diminish, but if one day I do it, I more or less calculate 1ud byRHC ... And sometimes it works and sometimes not, but since I do not usually snack, for now it does not worry me too much ...
My bolus guideline right now, is the one that attached, which is 1r breakfast, 2nd breakfast, food and dinner ... also tell you that this pattern changed it almost every week to adjust the values ​​as much as possible, because I have to go downMy hemo to be able to look for a baby, I am crazy with so much change, but it is what it touches ...
And well, since I am, I put my basal pattern:
- 00.00h - 04.00h -> 1.15
- 04.00h - 08.00h -> 1.45
- 08.00h - 10.00h -> 0.70
- 10.00h - 12.00h -> 1.00
- 12.00h - 21.00h -> 1.10
- 21.00h - 00.00h -> 0.55

It seems a bit mess, but hey ... everything is getting used to it.

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
11/25/2013 5:19 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

After several days trying, click the dose that clicks me, the postpandral is high, put me more dose or less remains the same, and before the meals I arrived the same between 80-90 glucose even if I put less insulin or more

carloszgz's profile photo
carloszgz
12/03/2013 3:59 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Do you wear the doses you wear?It cannot be the same.If you get well to eat and you are high in the posts, you will miss you quickly and will be slow ...
If you wake up well, leave the slow as it is and keep up the quick.
After adjusting the posts, you will need to eat something between hours so as not to get under the next meal.
What time do you slow?What slow do you use?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/03/2013 6 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Hello!I recommend that you do the collations, they are very important, just like the exercise.Greetings!
Test with meals that have high fiber content, such as oatmeal.
Greetings!!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/09/2014 5:39 p.m.

And it is very important that you consult your doctor at least once every 3 months .. In case these doubts arise

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/09/2014 5:40 p.m.

Hello, something similar happens to me and the solution is that if you start eating while more than 80 you have to click the fast and not start eating until you pass between 10 or 15 minutes depending on how you are high.You will see that as you will never have these tantos tantos.(Normally the most pronounced problems are usually in the weeds, in this case you would have to make an extra contribution (1r, 1.5r) at the time or so ...
I hope you do well!

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
01/10/2014 6:30 a.m.

It happened to me like you.
They entered me when I debuted because there were no glucometers in the SS.
In my first date with the educator he told me that 5 meals +1 before bedtime so as not to demand so many efforts to the pancreas.And daily exercise, 1 walnate.
During 2015, only with Lantus (10th) night I haven't had to quickly put in any food and lifted me with the same values ​​as you.
This 2016, I have fast (1ud) to reduce the peaks and I do better in general, although I have strange days.

Carloszgz said:
Lantus I put 10 at night, I wake up with 90-100.
I think I will upload the fast insulin and eat something between hours, what I don'tThey gave him a snack and lunch (a piece of fruit) and no.
If the blood glucose at two hours is 120 I do not reach the next meal, it gives me a downturn.
Do you all have five or six meal diet a day?

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/04/2016 3:22 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

An extract of "how to overcome diabetes through food":

The glycemic index (IG) of a food informs us about the quality of its carbohydrates, fast or slow.
He tells us how quickly the sugar passes with the diet to the blood.Now, the effects of a food on the body depend at the same time on its IG and the amount you have taken.
The glycemic load (CG) takes into account these two parameters.It is obtained by multiplying the IG of a food by the amount of carbohydrates of a portion of said food, and then dividing by 100.
The CG of a portion is low when it is less than 10, moderate between 11 and 19 and high when it exceeds 20.
Example:
A plate of potato puree, that is, 150 g of puree, contains 22.5 g of carbohydrates
Ig of Purés: 90
CG = 20.2
A plate of potato puree has a high CG, which means that it will cause a glycemia peak.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
04/02/2017 7:14 p.m.

If you give you downturn between meals, eat something ... what matters is not a rigid diet, but have glucose controlled.
It could be that you were too slow, but if you wake up well, it will be well regulated.
It is a matter of practice to see what you need at all times.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/02/2017 7:46 p.m.

I think that all you can do is to break the food in two shots, so you have time to act insulin since the doses are correct.

ref666's profile photo
ref666
04/30/2017 6:04 p.m.

The first thing would be to consult with your doctor, here it can be advised but we do not know you, if your doctor tells you 3 meals (it is weird, they are always 5) it will be for something, for example the slow recommended me to put it at noon, I was 10 yearsPutting it at night and I have been putting it at noon for 9 years and the control is greatFast at night, you will have a downturn at night and that is very dangerous, with 200 at 2h I would not worry much, look from two and a half hours three, there are much better

pamagic's profile photo
pamagic
04/04/2019 12:24 a.m.

Farstar said:
Of course it is that.No one should make 3 meals a day, even totally healthy people.I can look for links where even WHO recommends eating more than 3 times a day, but if you get, because you don't have to look for them.

and in your case reason more.You should have 120 after meals, you say that you can get it, the problem is to have hiccups before the next meal.solution?Lunch and snack.

I can also look for you many who say the opposite.You can make the meals you want.I do 3 and a few days 2 because I jump breakfast and there is no problem whenever the basal does not get the glucose.With new basal insulins, which are quite flat, you can be many hours without eating without lowering glucose and whenever you eat you must get fast.Whoever wants to get quickly 5 times a day because great, but if you don't want and you are not hungry between hours, it makes no sense to eat.In fact, intermittent fasting have many health benefits, you can also look for it if you do not trust.

If you do mid -morning and snack without fast, it is slowly and surely at night you need to bed high so as not to get to hypoglycemia.And if you skip a meal you will also have hypo.It makes much more sense to use each insulin for what is: basal to maintain glucose without uploads or declines in the absence of food or exercise and fast to cover meals.Each one can do it as they want, but this gives much more flexibility to eat when you feel like it and not have to wear rigid schedules.

The one who gives a peak after eating can be because it takes you to take effect of the normal.It makes me the greatest effect at 1 to put it, there are people who take effect at 30 minutes.Depending on that you have to see if insulin 15, 20 or 30 minutes before eating or just when you start eating.It also depends on how quickly what you eat is absorbed.Many things must be taken into account, not only HC and insulin.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
04/04/2019 4:42 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.