{'en': '12 grapes, or if not, what?', 'es': '12 uvas, o si no, qué?'} Image

12 grapes, or if not, what?

valky's profile photo   12/22/2013 5:28 p.m.

Following the previous Christmas message, it occurs to me to ask you on old night.What do you do with the 12 bells?Do you calculate rations and recalculate insulin and voila?Do you replace the 12 grapes for other things?

In my case I have never been a fan of grapes, even when I was not diabetic, but I have almost eaten them by tradition.In recent years of diabetics, I always have the dilemma, whether to continue eating them or what could replace it.

I have heard people of 12 little fruit, or 12 lacasitos, or 12 Gomola bears, or 12 choco pieces, but in our case, that I could eat that sugar would not rise excessively?

Any idea?

Thank you!

valky's profile photo
valky
12/22/2013 5:28 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

Hi Valky, in my case I have always eaten the 12 grapes for the end of the year (I am diabetic since childhood) and I usually include their rations with those of dinner, as if they were the dessert.Another option if you don't want to drink sugar or carbohydrates can be, for example, olive trees.

lalala8's profile photo
lalala8
12/22/2013 5:56 p.m.

Dando guerra desde 1993 - DM1 desde 1998 - Bombera desde noviembre 2013.

It is my first New Year's Eve being diabetics and thanks to Valky I have fallen into the grapes ....... I will try to eat them if making bolus to be able to put my boots !!!:)

Arania's profile photo
Arania
12/22/2013 6:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello!I like olives because the grapes did not just do and thus kill two birds of a shot;)

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
12/22/2013 6:18 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

I 12 tangerine shots hehe I don't like grapes hehe

campanilla's profile photo
campanilla
12/22/2013 7:05 p.m.

I think that as always each person will assess the effects according to their experience.For example, what Campanilla says, I do take 12 tangerine segments, make me more effect than twelve grapes.
In any case, although the grapes are of the most prohibited fruits for us, I do not believe that twelve grapes that are not very thick have important consequences.Those who like to fulfill the tradition because simply cut the other food foods a bit to be able to take the grapes.
Greetings, and happy holidays.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/23/2013 4:18 a.m.

Do not completed life, you tell them as a ration and voila ..... For type 1 diabetics there are no prohibited foods, you just have to take into account the hydrates and apply the corresponding insulin.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/23/2013 4:22 a.m.

In my life I had raised it.Ha ha.I have never had a problem to eat the 12 grapes, so sometimes I help to the side if I see that it resists ... so I take more than 12 ... After a dinner like the old night, the grapes are crumbs...

tica's profile photo
tica
12/23/2013 2:12 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

What happens that since the grapes did not go, in recent years, I always ate the ones that have already been prepared, without pepita and already peeled, and those that I noticed very very sweet.Look, the olives is an alternative, although I will have to make a slight readjustment because I really like bone, and I see myself choking with the bones to the bell 9 hehe.It is true that dinner is usually a gun, but I prefer to reserve my carbohydrates to eat something more of Turron: D
Thanks for the ideas as well as that of mandarin.

valky's profile photo
valky
12/23/2013 3:51 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

It is my first Christmas with diabetes, I planned to eat the grapes, controlling the HC of the dinner and reserving my portions for nougat and grapes.
Happy parties

mgp's profile photo
mgp
12/23/2013 5:46 p.m.

DM desde 18/11/13
Apidra 2-2-2 (base de cálculo)
Lantus a la noche 20

I think the same as Prado, putting a little more insulin, in once or twice, you can eat the same as everyone.Then, if necessary, whatever it is, before going to sleep.
Enjoy these holidays very much!
A hug

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/24/2013 10:34 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

If you worry 12 sad grapes ... the nougat or look at them, right?:-/

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
12/24/2013 1:26 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Sherpa, you have made me laugh.

I am not a comelona of grapes, what I take is a glass of cider or champagne ... well two too, (bowling of bowling if necessary)
And health!

Nana's profile photo
Nana
12/25/2013 11:24 p.m.

Desde los 8 años con mi amiga Diabetes, llevamos de amistad 55 años...pa'lante siempre.

Hemo 5.9 enero 2014 Bombera 3 años.

Si algún día te sientes pequeño, inútil ultrajado y deprimido, recuerda que un día fuiste el espermatozoide mas rápido y victorioso de tu grupo.

You can always try 12 kisses, that's very sweet but it doesn't need insulin.

cprincep's profile photo
cprincep
12/26/2013 8:25 p.m.

Diabetico tipo 1 des del 1992
Bombero des del 2015
Animas vibe + dexcom g5

I do not like my head with the grapes, in fact, they are the only 12 that as per year because it is not a fruit that I like very much.I try to be well around 100, and with that extra "ration" does not rise in excess.
If you worry or are high at that time, you can leave 6 in half and so you eat 12 average xDD

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
12/23/2016 9:06 p.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

Q I laughed with you hhhh twelve kisses that is good HHHH and Sherpa with the hhhh nougat

T1d's profile photo
T1d
12/23/2016 10:27 p.m.

I plan to eat the grapes, the nougat, the lamb and whatever it takes, one day is a day (then it will be to correct, but well)

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/24/2016 12:02 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I do not give credit to this thread.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/24/2016 12:16 a.m.

Of course milk!For a day to give the diabetes out there!That we will correct with insulin, which remedy.And well ... for a day on Christmas Eve, for a day for Christmas, for a day per New Year's Eve, for a day for kings ... :))

sllf's profile photo
sllf
12/24/2016 12:25 a.m.

Diabético tipo I desde 1990 y tengo 50 tacos. En Abril de 2017 con Minimed 640g y su MCG. Hoy estoy con Minimed 780G. Financiado MCG por la SS desde Junio-2018. Hipertensión arterial y ocular. Colesterol. Operado de 2 hernias discales cervicales (C5-C6 y C6-C7) pero con diagnóstico de "Operación fallida". La diabetes todo me lo perjudica....y nos arruina, la Seguridad Social debería financiar A TODOS!!!!! no cuando estás medio muerto como a mí!!!
Última HBA1C: 6,5% (después de muchos años en 9%)

@Arotorias, for good or for evil?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/24/2016 4 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.