{'en': 'Movies and diabetes', 'es': 'Películas y la diabetes'} Image

Movies and diabetes

fer's profile photo   03/12/2014 9:36 a.m.

I am going to divert the subject, but as Fer has talked about movies and I am very good about linking B-) ... on Sunday we saw a movie of those desktops, I do not even remember the title or the chain, the prota wasInsulin -dependent diabetic and the colleague passes the movie in bed, in fact the insulin put his wife and uploaded the food to the room and ate there, we are talking about a man about forty -five or fifty years, notMore ... We could listen to his wife is that diabetes has made him a weak man, hahaha ... Anyway, then the woman carried it, with a good chutazo, because it turned out to be an unfortunate who abused many for manyyears of your daughter !!!Anyway, what things !!!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/11/2014 7:49 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Now that Velia speaks of a movie, has anyone seen the new version of Hansen and Gretel's story?It turns out that as much chocolate and jelly beans that the witch gave them to gain them and then eat them, Hansel became a diabetic!And throughout the movie they are fighting against the witches, and it is from time to time in the leg on the leather pants (and I thinking, what a needle that hehe has to be) and in the end Hansel gives a sugar downturnIn full struggle with the bad witch and runs out of strength and when he is about to win the witch, he catches the insulin, he clicks into full struggle, and ... the second is already great with all the strength of the world to win thewitch!Hopefully our dowers will recover so fast, neither gluc up nor na hehe.And of course we know it, what is click will not be insulin, the same is the glucagon hehe.Sorry if someone I have annoyed the end, but there is a movie that ... Telita, then people are going to think that all diabetics fell as small as small.:))

valky's profile photo
valky
03/11/2014 6:21 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

Hahaha, walky !!!Tomorrow we open a thread of diabet hair and move the post so that this thread does not degenerate !!!!Of course the scriptwriters are whole !!!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/11/2014 7:37 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

I open this topic to share experiences taken from movies.

Diabetes is often addressed in the movie in some way, or, because it contains a message or learning that can serve us with diabetes.;)

It also serves the issue to denounce cases of misinformation about diabetes, which sometimes appear in films.

fer's profile photo
fer
03/12/2014 9:36 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Here is the new thread!;-)

And premiere with a recommendation of the movie "Broken", I leave the thread from where I have taken it in case you check.

recommend a movie
Hello, I just wanted to recommend a movie that I just saw, Broken is titled, it is from the year 2012, and it is procounted by the BBC.It is a very hard movie to see ...
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
03/12/2014 9:40 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Years I saw steel magnolias, Julia Roberts is a diabetic girl who wants to get pregnant against doctors and her mother.I have to see her again, because I don't think the diabetes theme either.
The Panico room, in which I was down of the continuous meter of the young Kristen Stewart, but I remember that in some scenes, she was with hip and had to inject insulin, if I'm wrong, I corrected me, eh?
I don't know why, but there must be some filmographic myth that says that if one of the characters in a film is diabetic and has hypoglycemia, it needs insulin ...
Hansel and Gretel's, I don't say anything hahaha

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
03/12/2014 10:28 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Here another, and a recommendation to share movies, we use IMDB which is the world film database.

conair
Link
Film in which some prisoners travel by plane, one of them with diabetes, about to die due to lack of insulin ... :) :) :)

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
03/12/2014 10:56 a.m.

Fer, I saw Conair, and I don't remember that one of them was diabetic.(I suppose that for that purpose I was not yet and I did not look at the detail: -s)

This is not saying of a movie, but from the series Dr. Mateo, an episode one of the girls of the town is diabetic and has a downturn and his friends due to ignorance they looked in their backpack and saw the insulin ball andThey punctured a little.After a while the DR arrives and when they tell him what they have done, he puts his hands in his head and begins to say what happened and what they should have done (caramel, juice ...) I liked that they put such a case in aSeries because surely many people for ignorance would do the same, they are still thought that a ball is a ball, either to prick insulin, as if to get the droplet of blood to put sugar: -ss it is good that they disclose more information about theDiabetes on TV, after all is a medium that looks almost everyone: P but what they said, talk about the right information!and not of fantasy movies.

valky's profile photo
valky
03/12/2014 11:12 a.m.

"The panic's room" they recently threw it on TV, and I saw her out of curiosity because she knew that the girl was diabetic. It is curious that at dinner the girl is taking Coca Cola with sugar, when she goes to sleep they emphasizethat the girl does not lack water in the fridge .... Tb caught my attention that marks at all times the glucose.

I also saw recently "a wonderful mind", when they enter the prota ... the treatment they give it is insulin, take now !!And they are so wide ... They put an injection for not how many days in a row (say, that the prota was schizophrenic ... the movie is now years ago, I do not think that many people are destroyed: D)

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
03/12/2014 12:37 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thanks for the clarification, now I fit;)

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
03/12/2014 3:56 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991

In the series "The ship" there was an older man with type1 diabetes (Hector Alterio) and as a catastrophe had destroyed the world, I knew that when insulin vials would end up dying without remedy.Very sad and very true.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/12/2014 4:27 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

In the series the dupul

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
03/12/2014 5:57 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991

Yes, yes, that reminds me of another afternoon session movie on a Saturday, which was also a catastrophe that an wave of tremendous cold came outside and nobody could go out because it was frozen and in the satellite facilities onlyThere is a diabetic girl and a boy.The girl begins to give sweat and tremors and the boy runs well warmed to assault an already abandoned pharmacy, it is supposed to be for her insulin, and the girl only makes water drinking as if that delayed the downturn,Until Heroico the boy arrives with insulin and clicks it: -q

valky's profile photo
valky
03/12/2014 7:02 p.m.

In Memento, a couple of grandparents, she diabetic and he does not retain more than 5 minutes of memory.The insurer says that he is pretending and she puts it approves ... every day at the same time she was injected with her insulin dose, she is delaying the clock several times 5 minutes, and the man does not really remember him and kills her ....

Another film where they name diabetes is the Patch Adams, which are in a hospital with patients with problems derived from diabetes ... I remember that we saw it in class and everyone wondering that if they were going to cut a leg ...

In Break prison, the prota is passed through a diabetic to go to the infirmary every day and how insulin has been punctured for cold sweats ... I remember that it was a nonsense behind another.

And now I don't remember anymore ... but surely there is

tica's profile photo
tica
03/12/2014 7:29 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

In "The Black Book", the protagonist tries to kill her with an insulin injection, begins to see blurry, feel weak and have sweats, then remember that to trace a loss of sugar you have to eat chocolate, and get to the top of aTablet that wears!:))

The black book
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
03/13/2014 3:53 a.m.

In the godfather III, Al Pacino, also traced with chocolate ... scene in which he is in the Vatican!
In Aída, the character of Eugenia began to be diabetic but in one of the chapters they put the gambazo, which now I cannot remember, and appear from there healed;)
The clock that the girl of "The Panic Room" was carrying was the version that was marketed in the US of the "Glucowatch"
I saw "Steel Magnolias" and I don't remember that the prota had diabetes: \ "> ... at that time Angela was not even in project, so I had little relationship with this world and did not catch my attention.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/13/2014 5:51 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello everyone !!!You talked about the movie Magnolias de Acero where Julia Roberts, the prota, was diabetic in a world where insulin did not exist, since the only thing that is seen is that at one time she suffers a hiccup and give her sugar.On the other hand they make us see how terrific that it is a pregnancy for a diabetic, since this girl already had the kidneys touched (it is not known because, it seems that by diabetes) and it is a risk for her her pregnancy, so much so is thatAfter having your child you have to submit to a kidney transplant.Luckily I read you but not often future I would think that there is for my son, according to this movie, of course ... then there is another that I do not remember the title that is Spanish and quite recent, of some polis in the Expo de Sevilla where MarioCasas is a diabetic poli that after having a low and putting two sugar envelopes to prick insulin ...
We would have to ask for more realism and just as they are documented to relax other things they would reflect well what a diabetes is.
: -H

Enma's profile photo
Enma
03/17/2014 7:38 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

That magnolias film is from the year 89 and is based on a previous play, so the girl would start with diabetes in the 70s, and the treatment and control were not those of now.
Since then, the child diabetes forecast has changed a lot.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/17/2014 8:41 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello, there is certainly a bestial ignorance of diabetes, many of us who debut late, "we flip" now that we know what it is.
Ask anyone about diabetes and tells you "that it shames to have an injection," I insist, I thought it was that before.It won't be so much ... I thought when I debuted ... and what if it was so much! It is a real madness and stress.
And the films reflect that ... dependence on an injection, nothing more, and then "happy life."

Which certainly harms the image of the diabetic, and all the effort it requires, which is much and continuous, for many times painful results.If that changed, I do not think it looks at us otherwise, but at least people would know that doing certain things that for another are normal, for you it is an important effort and risk, they could justify attitudes after a hiccup or a hyperBestial, etc ...

But I also believe that this does not interest society itself, we are "expensive" and we could be much more.Eyes that do not see, heart that does not feel ...

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
03/23/2014 8:32 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

In the movie "The next three days", 2010 with Russell Crowe of protagonist his wife is arrested, accused of murder and she is diabetic.I don't remember if they put the leg, but the girl enters the prison and the husband, who tries to take it out in one of the "missions" changes some data by putting the high glucose level to take her to the hospital, or something like that.In general, the movie is quite well and interesting, I recommend it although I already tell you that I do not remember if they put the leg with the diabetes issue.

Nadia94's profile photo
Nadia94
03/28/2014 5:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.