{'en': 'Movies and diabetes', 'es': 'Películas y la diabetes'} Image

Movies and diabetes

fer's profile photo   03/12/2014 9:36 a.m.

Did anyone see on Monday the chapter issued by "The Walking Dead" in the Fox, the last season? Now I don't know the chapter number but a group of survivors appears and they carry a box in which it "keeps cold"....insulin!!!!!And suddenly a boy faints and his partner injected insulin ..... hahahaha !!!!)

beti's profile photo
beti
11/21/2015 12:02 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, forum:

I just saw the second chapter of season 2 of "The Resident".
I leave two links:
Link
Link

Do not miss when they talk about the price of insulin.Socooooooroorro!

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
10/04/2018 4:22 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

Continuous with this theme ... I have recently seen Netflix the movie badly injured hearts ... Beyond the considerations of whether it is good or not, if I liked it, etc ...

What I highlight is that the protagonist has type 1 diabetes, and although several aspects related to diabetes day appear, there is something in how they treat it, which does not seem correct, specifically at one point on the movie it needs to beInsulina, and uses an "old" syringe, no ball, or bomb ...Another thing is click.

For the rest, I think that more or less play some good issues of diabetes, if you have seen it ... what do you think?

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
08/19/2022 7:35 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

fer said:
continuous with this topic ... I have recently seen the movie the movie badly injured hearts ... Beyond the considerations of whether it is good or not, if I liked it, if I liked it, if I liked it, if I liked it, if I liked it, if I liked it, if I liked it, if I liked it, if I liked it, if I likedetc...

What I highlight is that the protagonist has type 1 diabetes, and although several aspects related to diabetes day appear, there is something in how they treat it, which does not seem correct, specifically at one point on the movie it needs to beInsulina, and uses an "old" syringe, no ball, or bomb ...Another thing is click.

For the rest, I think that more or less play some good issues of diabetes, if you have seen it ... what do you think?

Link

In that movie they show how to be diabetic in the USA, which is quite different from Spain.We already know that health is not public and depends on the insurance you have the same does not give you for insulin and you have to choose between clicking or paying the rent because there is very expensive.I think it is very good to visualize that problem in a movie.

About what you say that an old syringe uses and clicks on a alley or the bathroom of a bar ...
In the USA, insulin vials are used with total normality.Something before the pandemic I went to Los Angeles and the waiter where we had dinner one night my Novorapid Boli (whenever I was I put it on the table as soon as I feel, not to forget to prick).The waiter's sister had diabetes and put the same thing (well, the commercial name there is Novolog) and she had never prescribed that format, always roads.He wanted the bomb, but his medical insurance did not cover it.
And what about clicking on the floor of a bath?Well, for the drama, which is a movie.But come on, I would prefer to go to a bath or a alley to have to try to catch the vial insulin with the syringe in the middle of a bar with people drinking birras.

And well, I do not do spoilers but later it is seen that the thing improves and puts an insulin bomb, there is a nurse who helps it and explains how to use it.

Tam's profile photo
Tam
08/21/2022 8:17 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 28. Cuando quedo con mis amig@s siempre llego tarde, en la diabetes no iba a ser diferente 😅 También tengo hipotiroidismo, asma y alergias varias... soy una pupas.

Levemir y Fiasp
Freestyle Libre 2
Última HbA1c: 6 (Marzo 2023)

In this video they hit a good review of how they treat diabetics in the cinema:

Link

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/03/2022 3:14 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

sherpa41 said:
in this video they hit a good review of how they treat diabetics in the cinema:

Link

Very good...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
09/03/2022 3:52 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.