{'en': 'How many carbohydrates do you eat a day?', 'es': '¿Cuántos hidratos de carbono coméis al día?'} Image

How many carbohydrates do you eat a day?

pochola's profile photo   03/13/2014 8:36 a.m.

Estherj said:
It has been great to find this thread because it serves a lot to orient.I am trying to take a few kilos from top, I take about 12 portions of hydrates a day (my endocrine told me that we never less because we enter ketosis) although, I do not remember who also commented it, that the amount of protein increased it a bit because if notI am hungry.Is that number of rations well or do you see little?I do not go hungry, really, but for example the bread took it for breakfast and the rest of the day I do not try it.

@esteherj told me the endocrine that never less than 130g of HC, that is, 13 rations per day.
When I debuted 2 years ago they gave me a 1700kcal diet based on:
Breakfast 3.5 portions
Mid -morning 2.5 rations
6 portions food
Snack 2.5 rations
Dinner 6 portions.

I do not follow it, at food and dinner like 4 rations, never diminish even in mid -morning I take anything if I'm not hungry or I am hiccups.At breakfast I take 4 rations too because I get up very hungry and thus I got well to food.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/31/2017 1:50 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Oysters, because I see that in comparison as very little hydrates !!!Breakfast 2-3 rations, food 3, dinner 3 ... I don't even do mid-morning or mend.I will have to do what happens with me because my hem is also at 6.1!

Belen82's profile photo
Belen82
01/31/2017 2:54 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"Belen82", each organism, each person is a world: the physical constitution, how our nervous system works, what we do during the day, the intensity of the movement, how we feel, how hormones are working, and a long etc.They influence the amount of hydrates we eat.Neither all people need the same, neither the same person needs the same every day or stages ... making simple comparisons and deciding on it does not give us much.The question is to see the characteristics of each one and how one feels one, whether or not he has fatigue, if he has enough food or too much, not because they say some tables, but for how his body answers and how he feels better in his day today.

I weight 50 kg, measure 1.68 cm, and yesterday for example I ate about 13 portions (calculated approx, because I do not measure them exactly).Other days as more, others less.Twenty years ago I ate double and weighed the same and was stronger than a bull, despite the appearance of my thin and delicate body.My weight has always oscillated between 50 and 55 kg.With less it did not work.With more, that a while I was, I lost all my agility and I didn't feel well (and I don't talk about aesthetics).Now I've been eating more than recent months too.If I listen to my body I know when I have enough or when I lack food.If I put a fixed guideline I am not listening to and, either I feel bad or I lack food.

Before I deserved the rations commented @ruthbia, but now I don't even have the same desire to eat so much, I don't need to do it without insulin.But as every three or three and a half hours approx (that all my life; very rarely I can be more than four hours without eating) so my lunches and snacks are between a half ration and one and a half.If they are more, it is exceptions and I have to inject insulin or go to jump around :-) All this without being doing the exercise that I did until three years ago, which was continuous and moderate-intense.

On the other hand, with that of the rations of the snack a reflection comes to me: a donut, for example, are 2.5 rations approx.If you eat it, it seems smoke, and it enters much easier (if you do not dislike sweet) than if you eat a dense integral biscotte (of which I use) with york or cheese that is almost a ration, it does not arrive.In the first case, glycemia uploads a lot and quickly and then lowers you quickly too.In the second, it rises less and more slowly.In the first case you contribute less nutrients than in the second and more saturated fat and more sugar.In the first case, you sat down less than in the second.Where am I going to stop?To look at the number of portions separate from other issues is to simplify the thing.

Anyway, I have eaten a lot and I had to use energy:-P

Hugs

imara's profile photo
imara
01/31/2017 4:15 p.m.

I have never told how many hydrates like.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/01/2017 1:38 p.m.

Totally agree with @"iMara".
It is also true that it is important to make 5 meals a day so that our body has regular functioning and costs less effort to metabolize meals.
If we spend long periods without eating, the body costs more effort to start all processes and us as diabetics harms us more than healthy people.
They always advise you to eat somewhat frugal among the main meals.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/03/2017 10:12 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Dear companions:
We are going to try to clarify: everything we eat ends up becoming glucose, true!
So there is something different from glucose that is hurting us.What is it?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/05/2017 1:10 p.m.

Hello Aandres, well counting carbohydrates or calories of a dish is an impossible mission and due to the mistakes we are always going to make most of the time useless.What you must take into account is that in general a diabetic and also a healthy pèrsona carbohydrates must be 60% of their diet.Fats 20% and proteins the other 20%.The total portions that we must eat depend on several factors: the physical exercise we do, age, if we are thin or obese and other associated pathologies.All this is learned in the Diabetolögica Education Course of the patient of relatives who live with ël.But my advice is that you worry about learning the easy treatment and you handle that well.All the best

alvarito's profile photo
alvarito
02/06/2017 5:47 p.m.

I no longer carry rations, such as what I want to do controls and putting quickly if necessary, of basal use Tresiba and my hemoglobin has dropped from 11 to 7.8 and going down.

mandril88 said:

Why do you limit meals or rations?Diets, unless you are type 2, I'm afraid they only serve for that, carry a diet.With fast and basal insulin, you can eat everything, when the Real wins.That wearing a diet and schedules is prehistory.If as easy as knowing the hydrates that you are going to eat, make the account of 10 gr of hydrates is a ration, and to know the portions, multiply by your ratio of effectiveness or acting.

mo

Dunah's profile photo
Dunah
02/06/2017 9:13 p.m.

ruthbia said:
Estherj said:
It has been great to find this thread because it serves a lot to orient.I am trying to take a few kilos from top, I take about 12 portions of hydrates a day (my endocrine told me that we never less because we enter ketosis) although, I do not remember who also commented it, that the amount of protein increased it a bit because if notI am hungry.Is that number of rations well or do you see little?I do not go hungry, really, but for example the bread took it for breakfast and the rest of the day I do not try it.

@esteherj told me the endocrine that never less than 130g of HC, that is, 13 rations per day.
When I debuted 2 years ago they gave me a 1700kcal diet based on:
Breakfast 3.5 portions
Mid -morning 2.5 rations
6 portions food
Snack 2.5 rations
Dinner 6 portions.

I do not follow it, at food and dinner like 4 rations, never diminish even in mid -morning I take anything if I'm not hungry or I am hiccups.At breakfast I take 4 rations too because I get up very hungry and thus I got well to food.

Hello, could you give a description of what you consume in each of the meals of the day and if you take them out of the tags and tables of cooked food c/100grs?
Or a photo of the meals and tables used.
Thank you

mario69's profile photo
mario69
09/13/2019 3:01 p.m.

Diabetes 2, pero insulinorequiriente, con resistencia a la insulina y pancreas agotado.
HbA1c: dic '16: 12,8; mar '17: 10,9
Fallece mi madre oct '17
Ida a Paraguay feb '18
HbA1c: oct '18: 8,7; ene '19: 6,5; abr '19: 6,2 abr '19: 6,5; jun '19: 7,5; set '19: ???
Detemir 26 7:30 y 20 19:30
Aspartica 4 antes desay y mer y 5 antes alm y cena.
200 a 250gr de HC diarios, 80gr Prot y 80gr Grasa. Segun actividad.
71 años 88kg 1,72.

dori said:
Well of hydrates in my diet is 2 to breakfast, 2 mid -morning, which sometimes I do not do it, 4 at food and dinner and 2 in snack.
Each is a world XD

Hello good morning.
How much weights and what activity do you do.
If your general analysis and thyroid profile give well, your diet is fantastic, but care because the organism can take its toll when you double and triple your age.
This is in winter or summer times?
If my comment is invasive, apologize and don't answer me.

mario69's profile photo
mario69
09/13/2019 3:12 p.m.

Diabetes 2, pero insulinorequiriente, con resistencia a la insulina y pancreas agotado.
HbA1c: dic '16: 12,8; mar '17: 10,9
Fallece mi madre oct '17
Ida a Paraguay feb '18
HbA1c: oct '18: 8,7; ene '19: 6,5; abr '19: 6,2 abr '19: 6,5; jun '19: 7,5; set '19: ???
Detemir 26 7:30 y 20 19:30
Aspartica 4 antes desay y mer y 5 antes alm y cena.
200 a 250gr de HC diarios, 80gr Prot y 80gr Grasa. Segun actividad.
71 años 88kg 1,72.

@mario6 I do Mediterranean diet.Vegetable, legumes, fish, virgin oil of olive, fruit, soy milk and yogurts.
Breakfast with soybeans and 2 portions of bread with oil or sugarless jam.This is about 2.5 rations of HC
Like a plate of vegetables, fish or white meat and fruit, more or less 2-3 rations according to the plate.If as a first legmbre, do not usually eat protein.
If on the afternoon I walk, I take a fruit to avoid hiccups, it is 1.5 ration.But I don't eat anything until dinner.
Ceno fish or eggs with a small salad garnish with a fruit and a yogurt.Another 2-3 Rations HC.The fruit of the night does not as always, only if I have not exercised before.
I am stable all day, my thresholds are 70-125mg/dl and in my last analysis the glyc gave me 5.5 with the previous time.Alta El Free calculates a 5.9 glyc.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/15/2019 10:54 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.