Freestyle Opium meter

mimbek's profile photo   03/24/2014 5:32 a.m.

I have been for quite some time that when I put the droplet in the strip, he makes the countdown and when he is going to put the glucose level he tells me that he has run out of battery (and of course, a wasted strip).I turn off and work again.It happens to me many times, and I know perfectly that it is not for the battery, and that I have placed it well.Does anyone else happen to?

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
03/24/2014 5:32 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

That happened to me with my lxplus glucomen and an ultra2 One Touch.

As soon as the stack (I suppose you have tried it) they begin to fail and tell you randomly that the battery is exhausted, even being new, is that the device is dying.

I have the feeling that less and less and more fragiles are more fragile.The last or 6 months has lasted me and that every time I move them less.I remember my first meters that took them travel and do adventure sports and lasted years and years and never failed me.Now without leaving home, as soon as the battery ends and the change, nothing, that they continue telling me that there is no battery.

What you have to do is call the company and they send you a new one, but be patient because with the One Touh Ultra2 it took me 2 weeks, so I ended up buying another in the pharmacy.:(

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/24/2014 6:46 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

It must always have two equal meters, one spare in case the one we are using fails.Whenever change of meter I call the laboratory to send me another and both Lifescan and now Abbott have sent me without problems.Come on, I don't even consider paying for a meter .....;)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/24/2014 7:55 a.m.

What I do not consider is to be one or two weeks waiting to send me a meter, when the one who bought me € 15 (just as what the freestyle costs in the diabetic association).My time and my patience is worth a lot.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/24/2014 12:23 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

That's why I tell you that you always have two, if you spoil one another and while you ask for another ..... never run out of meter ...

DiabetesForo
03/24/2014 12:44 p.m.

If I have two now, but what I said is that in most meters the prices are insignificant, the pharmaceutical lobby mafia do the business and extort us with the strips.

The meter almost gives it even in the pharmacy, they also usually include some strips, so that we have to buy them because they give us very few, buying a meter is literally given away.I bought the Onetouch Ultra Easy for about 15 euros and had 15 strips, as the strips already cost me one euro each, the price for me was 0 euros.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/24/2014 3:03 p.m.

Thank you so much!I actually have another one who gave me in the Diabetic Association when I debuted, I will start using it.If I decide on my own, have another of another model, in the outpatient can you give me strips for that or do you have to have all the same meters?

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
03/25/2014 8:08 a.m.

Mimbek, they have to be the same, they can only give you strips of a guy, or at least it is like that in my ambulatory, I had 2 different meters one at home and another at work (for not walking every day from here to thereI leave home and it seems that I go for a week) and I had to change the work for the work.By the way, now I have 3, another pa just in case at home.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/25/2014 11:36 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Well here in Catalonia a meter costs you 60 Eurazos (nothing of 15).I am lucky that I have my type I diabetic niece and she gave me one (she if they are given for free at the hospital) or I had to buy it at that price.Mine is the Free Style Opium and the sea of ​​good, the truth.A year and a half ago I have it and it is completely nine.Of course I do not sulked as many times as you ... kisses

nina45's profile photo
nina45
03/26/2014 6:17 a.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

thank you so much!Today I will release what I have of spare parts, and I will do with another equal!

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
03/26/2014 8:46 a.m.

nina45 said:
Well here in Catalonia a meter costs you 60 eurazos (nothing of 15).I am lucky that I have my type I diabetic niece and she gave me one (she if they are given for free at the hospital) or I had to buy it at that price.Mine is the free style optium

The Free Style is worth 15 euros in the association of Diabetics of Barcelona and the One Touchultraeas and is worth 18 euros in the pharmacy of my street here in Barcelona.

Anyway, how do camels with drugs, the first dose (the meter) is easy to get it for free in any hospital or cap.The business is done later.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/26/2014 9:53 a.m.

Sherpa41 because I have told you what is worth here in the pharmacy of my people and that (60 euros) is what an older lady has paid and that also has it and is clear diabetics.
Hey, would you mind telling me what association is it?Telephone or something?Because I think it's going to interest me ... (send me a private if you don't want to say it in public).Thank you.Kisses

nina45's profile photo
nina45
03/26/2014 10:31 a.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

The Diabetic Association of Catalonia, ADC.Cat.The Barcelona delegation is on Balmes Street under Aragon, on the web is the phone.

It is very good because apart from having the free style at € 15 (I do not remember if it was the optium or other) sell the strips of that meter at € 30 to the partners.If you are not the same partner, it costs you all a few euros more.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/26/2014 1:46 p.m.

Prado said:
is that you have to always have two equal meters, one spare in case the one we are using fails.Whenever change of meter I call the laboratory to send me another and both Lifescan and now Abbott have sent me without problems.Come on, I don't even consider paying for a meter .....;)

Hello.Well, I called Abbott for a few months to send me another Freestyle Lite to have a spare and aunt or short or lazy who said he asked for it in my health center, that they did not send, did you not have problems.... what did you say or how did you ask for it?

Greetings.

seghom's profile photo
seghom
03/26/2014 2:46 p.m.

I have never had problems, quite the opposite, neither with Lifescan, neither with Bayer nor now with Abbott.I always call saying that I need a spare meter in case I am spoiled the one I start using, in the case of Abbott I also asked the cable to pass the data to the PC (I have not released it) and they also sent it to me, the packageIt took about a week because it came from the United Kingdom.My experience with all laboratories has been great, they have never told me no ...;))

DiabetesForo
03/26/2014 6:13 p.m.

Sherpa41 said:
If I now have two, but what I said is that in most meters prices are insignificant, the pharmaceutical lobby mafia do the business and extort us with the strips.

The meter almost gives it even in the pharmacy, they also usually include some strips, so that we have to buy them because they give us very few, buying a meter is literally given away.I bought the Ultra Easy Onetouch for about 15 euros and had 15 strips, as the strips already cost me one euro each, the price for me was 0 euros.

But how many are given to you in the ambulatory ????I still do not understand that insulin -dependent are not given the strips they need ..... the associations should, instead of selling strips, serve for something more important, such as fighting for the needs of diabetics.
I feel privileged, I have never had to beg strips, they have never given me less than 250-300 per month.

DiabetesForo
03/26/2014 6:20 p.m.

Prado said:
but how many do they throw you in the ambulatory ????I still do not understand that insulin -dependent are not given the strips they need ..... the associations should, instead of selling strips, serve for something more important, such as fighting for the needs of diabetics.
I feel privileged, I have never had to beg, they have never given me less than 250-300 per month.

They give me 4 strips a day, that is 200 every month and a half more or less, but spending 8 daily.I have claimed 3 endocrine, all nurses and the head of the area and always tell me that in Catalonia it is stipulated to give 3 daily strips to type1, which should give thanks to me 4.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/26/2014 6:29 p.m.

Those who carry a bomb in Catalonia also give you 3 or 4 strips a day ?????????:EITHER

DiabetesForo
03/26/2014 7:15 p.m.

I do not understand why there must be so many differences between communities.In my case I cannot complain, they give me 250 strips a month, and I recognize that I have plenty ... I have 4 boxes without brand new margin.Of course, there are times that instead of going when the month has passed, I go later but I assure myself that if I get bad and I need many strips I will have them.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
03/27/2014 5:12 a.m.

I live in Catalonia and give me 250 strips every 2 months or so, which goes about 4 strips daily.Of course, I always have 2-3 reserve strips because you already know how the SS is.Someday I have gone and they have told me that they did not have the 5 boxes that give me every time and I had to go back in the following days ... so you better have reservations.

lalala8's profile photo
lalala8
03/27/2014 11:56 a.m.

Dando guerra desde 1993 - DM1 desde 1998 - Bombera desde noviembre 2013.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.