Sugar ?cause of diabetes

Viki_Vern's profile photo   05/17/2014 2:19 p.m.

I am Viki, I am interested in obtaining information on how it happens that a person becomes a diabetic and that is the cause?Some people say, that diabetes is not generated by consuming sugar but is genetic.So far thought that sugar causes diabetes.Can anyone inform me?

Viki_Vern's profile photo
Viki_Vern
05/17/2014 2:19 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It is of autoimmune origin, your body is loaded by your pancreatic cells, it has nothing to do with what you eat or no more or less sugar

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/17/2014 4:38 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

In type II it is because excess weight forces to work in excess of pancreas (generating a lot of insulin) and secretes less quantity or the body has less capacity to assimilate it (cells) going to the bloodstream.Greetings and welcome

nina45's profile photo
nina45
05/17/2014 5:47 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

Hello Gala, thanks for your answer.But self -imunity is not a cause, but an effect.

To find answers, you have to go to the beginning and see how everything started.Where has diabetes come from?
The doctor Thomas Willis was the first to observe a weird sweet smell in the urine of some of his rich patients.Also at this time the rich were the only ones who could afford to consume sugar in high amounts.In these times, the cana sugar was also a luxury and a very profitable business and each anus occurs more quantities with armed black sclavos in the colonies.Willis wanted to call this symptom at the beginning Polyuria Saccharitis, but not to get angry the king, who earned a lot of money with the trade with sugar the created the name Diabetes Melitus.Mel is the Greek word for honey.And the suffix iatis means inflammation.This was 1674, just after the pest epidemic.Willis found a new symptom, just after pest that many people had a sweet smell in their urine and released a lot of urine.The so -called this new diabetes symptom.We can say that diabetes was observed just after pest at the end of the 1700th century in rich patients who had a high sugar consumption compared to the rest of the population.

Viki_Vern
05/18/2014 1:41 p.m.

Hi Nina45, do you say that type 2 diabetes is produced by excess weight?

Viki_Vern
05/18/2014 4:37 p.m.

Viki, already the Greeks describe the diabetes mellitus no Thomas Willis, that man came a lot later

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/18/2014 4:53 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

@Viki, I have to say that I didn't want to write anything when I read your message a couple of hours ago ... but that I was checked.I wanted to be more prudent than normally and wait for someone to say something.I don't say anything else.

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
05/18/2014 5 p.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Viki is known that obesity and diabetes two are intimately related.It also influences a marked genetic factor (as is my case).It is even more said (I can't swear) that a stomach reduction with body weight descent, diet and exercise can "send" quotes) the disease.Actually, continuous latent disease is not necessary in most cases to take medication (as long as the appropriate weight is maintained).Kisses

nina45's profile photo
nina45
05/18/2014 5:04 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Ultima glicosila 6

Ah and there was already knowledge of diabetes in ancient Egypt ...

nina45's profile photo
nina45
05/18/2014 5:07 p.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

Hi Gala, thank you very much, it is true that the Greeks disagree symptoms that resembled diabetes symptoms, the name diabetes was also used before Willis, but this with sweet urine and the description of Diabetes Melitus is from Thomas Willis.

Viki_Vern
05/18/2014 5:42 p.m.

Hi Nina45, thanks for your explanation, now I understand what you want to tell.Then it is also important not to get fat to protect themselves from diabetes.How do you see the importance of food to protect yourself from diabetes?

Viki_Vern
05/18/2014 5:45 p.m.

Hi Danielpd, I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you want to say.

Viki_Vern
05/18/2014 5:47 p.m.

I was referring to the small lesson in diabetes history, added to the relationship you mention between cause and effect, I was impacted.

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
05/18/2014 5:50 p.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Nina, type 2 diabetes, is aggravated with obesity, because a obese needs more effective insulin, but neither sugar nor sugar causes diabetes.
It is a genetic disease, which can have several triggers. In type 1, there is a type of virus that can trigger an autoimmune reaction that causes the disease
Think that there are nursing children with type1 diabetes.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/18/2014 5:54 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Regina type I diabetes and type II have different causes that cause them.Obviously both have a high genetic component.In the type.II there are more and more cases of people without a family history of diabetis and who are due to obesity (it is as if the pancreas spoiled for an excess of use).In fact, more and more appears (type II) in earlier ages (even in childhood for bad food).In North America it is almost a pandemic.Let's say that obesity is one of the greatest reasons for type II diabetis in adults over 40 years.

nina45's profile photo
nina45
05/18/2014 6:13 p.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

Viki is very important food especially in childhood.To me my daughter's pediatrician (who was also mine and friend of my mother -diabeticfor the high genetic content of this disease in our family.My daughter did not know what it was to take a Bollycao to the school (she always wore a snack and not nocilla).
Well I think it is important to feed in a healthy way at any age but there is an obvious thing: now our young people who inflate Coca Cola, hamburgers, fried potatoes and others, are giving the highest figures of obesity and also of type II diabetesYouth (which a few years ago existed in adults).I refer to the data ...

nina45's profile photo
nina45
05/18/2014 6:24 p.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

Nina, but one thing is that it is a trigger and another that is the cause ...
There are thin type 2 diabetics ..
Anyway, what is clear is that the cause of type 1 diabetes is not sugar, nor obesity.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/18/2014 6:50 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Viki_vern, what are you going to sell us?For clarifying the subject ...

tica's profile photo
tica
05/18/2014 6:58 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I understand you now (I didn't understand you well).You are right, it is a very important reason but not the only one.
The cause ... Go know!I think that no one should know ...

nina45's profile photo
nina45
05/18/2014 7:05 p.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

I mean type II eh !!!Type I I think we all have it more or less clear ...

nina45's profile photo
nina45
05/18/2014 7:07 p.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.