Imminent cure for type 1 diabetes?

renoca's profile photo   10/10/2014 6:37 a.m.

I'm still perplexed, but I just found this news:

Link

Looking on Google I see that the news jumped approximately one day and, it seems quite hopeful, what do you think? One more promise? Something more serious?

renoca's profile photo
renoca
10/10/2014 6:37 a.m.

Diabético "tipo 3"
Padre de Ilai (4 años)
Levemir: 3-3 | Humalog: 3-2-2 | Dexcom G4
HbA1c (17/12/2014) -> 5,7%

Man, the news is covering today .....

renoca's profile photo
renoca
10/10/2014 8:22 a.m.

Diabético "tipo 3"
Padre de Ilai (4 años)
Levemir: 3-3 | Humalog: 3-2-2 | Dexcom G4
HbA1c (17/12/2014) -> 5,7%

Here the news has also been published in Spanish, at the moment they have echoed in the ABC and other specialized media, see the link:

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
10/10/2014 8:32 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

He does not mean that all this news are very hopeful. If you realize they are researchers in many cases to whom diabetes has touched them very closely (as one of the biomedical engineers who works in the closed handle bomb that a child has withDiabetes). I always imagine on an insert trip by blinding me in the free buffet, without counting rations and without clicking on me :-)) :-))

beti's profile photo
beti
10/10/2014 9:16 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

At the moment it is a transplant .. ,,, and requires immunosuppressive treatment .., because that.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/10/2014 11:34 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Apparently English newspapers are as exaggerated (and unreliable) as the Spaniards.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
10/10/2014 2:22 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I honestly don't know if I would undergo a transplant to stop being diabetic ...
Why is that what do not?Or have I understood badly?

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
10/10/2014 5:03 p.m.

Yes but they transplant non -organs cells, so I understand it is type injection, so I without hesitation.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/10/2014 5:12 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Apparently we should take powerful immunosuppressive drugs, to see if the remedy will be worse than the disease (never better).
Anyway it is great that new advances and news about the treatment of diabetes come out.

Mireia's profile photo
Mireia
10/10/2014 5:30 p.m.

If that is clear !!!You have to investigate !!!Hopefully one day we tell us to we can cure ...

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
10/11/2014 9:09 a.m.

Surprising that they go to sensationalism in this way periodic like The Times or Telegraph talking about "Diabetes cure" (sic).Today I talk about it on my blog Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
10/11/2014 10:15 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Well, I trust that in the long term (twenty years?We are not belittling all the hours and hopes that these people invest.What is poorly written is the news, which is very sensationalist, but they don't lie to you either, I understand that it is the beginning of a long way.Maybe I don't catch me, but my daughter who is very small and debuted this year. And why not dreaming about her eyes open?decide each on a personal level if the time will come.I am clear what I would choose.

beti's profile photo
beti
10/11/2014 3:42 p.m.

Hello Diabetesforo Friends:
I have carefully read the aforementioned article, but as the researcher Melton says, he believes that the human transplant tests using these embryonic cells will be underway in some years, although he clarifies that "we are still at a pre-clinical phase, far awayof the finish line ".This rules out the immediate application in patients universally.
In that same line of moderate expectation, I find it interesting to comment on the recent Argentine discovery capable of transforming skin cells, in beta cells of the pancreas, which opens a path of hope for pancreatic regeneration in patients with type 1 diabetes.
That is, it is expected that in a few years, type 1 diabetics will no longer need to inject insulin.
The work, the first in the world in its class, is very seriously, carried out by CONICET and held at the Italian hospital in Buenos Aires and which is the result of many years of research.
It is worth remembering that CONICET is the official governing body in research in all scientific matters in Argentina.
In this new work, professionals from multiple scientific disciplines such as molecular, chemical, biochemical, physical, doctors, geneticists and others participated.
It differs from other studies, in which in this, skin cells are transformed into pancreatic cells, using chemical reagents and no mothers or embryo cells are used, which means less ethical controversies.
At the moment, it is everything that I inform for today, since I plan to write a post on this topic, trying to explain in a simple way what the mechanism of the experiment consists of and how to technically reach the goal.
The idea of ​​writing a post arose thinking about how interesting the issue can result for diabetics that with years of conditions, many are hopeless in which a future but final definitive cure is found, and on the other hand in the complicated part thatIt is to simply express such a complex and technical issue.
The important thing is to state that it is possible to achieve a non -distant cure of type 1 diabetes, without awakening false expectations of immediate application.You have to be cautious on this subject so sensitive to people.
Being the discovery cited a new topic on which obviously there is no bibliography, the only way to inform me was to read directly the original article published by the researchers.
Achieving the original article of an investigation is not an easy thing, since its content is restricted to the circle of scientists and researchers in the area, because they are not usually free distribution, and in case a doctor would like to obtainThat article should make contacts and procedures and pay enough money, because they are very expensive, and that is why the original articles do not usually leave their closed scope.
Luckily, my son got it, who is a young physical-chemical researcher of the Governing Research Institute, and he has access keys to those original reports for free.
The content of the investigation is very technical and extensive, such that in my computer it occupies more than 70 leaves, and as it is to be, read, interpret it and understand it is not done in a couple of hours.
Also, make an understandable synthesis for the general public, but with clear concepts, it takes a long time and dedication and this is the limitation to write a post.
Dear friends of the forum, this is all that I can contribute for the moment.
Greetings for everyone.
ARGENTINEAN
(Chemist-Biologist)
October 14, 2014

ARGENTINO's profile photo
ARGENTINO
10/14/2014 2:50 a.m.

And what would make the huge pharmaceutical companies with the insulin business, glucometers and reactive strips?I would like to believe that one day there would be a solution for our diabetes, and see how multinational companies close because a large part of their businesses no longer have a way out ... I don't know, I sincerely think we will not see it.

franjacado's profile photo
franjacado
10/18/2014 5:46 a.m.

Well .. transplants are already a solution for other chronic diseases, which also have their pharmaceutical treatment.I do trust this research, the only thing that does not convince me is that you have to be treated with immunosuppressants for life ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/18/2014 9:10 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

I take them for other issues and nothing happens to me so that if you take another pair of pills they release me from clicking, controls, ups and downs and the bad body that stays and always pending what you eat and do not eat and ofWhat you move or stop moving, because you want me to tell you, that I take another 2 running

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/18/2014 12:09 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Well, the truth is that, if taking them does not give major problems, hopefully everyone arrives soon :)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/18/2014 12:51 p.m.

You have to be realistic for them it is more important not to find a solution because we are linked to a lifetime of medicines, strips, insulin .... I do not think that any of us see how those ideas come true, they are all speculation withoutsense.Sorry but the benefit of a few than the health of many is more important.

isiena's profile photo
isiena
10/19/2014 10:06 a.m.

Well ... I already passed ... After releasing that news the actions of certain pharmaceutical ones fellto normal (some lost money, and others will win it).

In this life everything is reduced to 2 things: money and money.

Maybe it's my thing ... but many years ago they told me "Count that the cure is just around the corner" ... and in the end, the cure is always around the corner.And people more "old" than me in this, also tells me the same, that they already told him that the cure would come out.And so decades ...

I do not lose hope, of course ... but I think they can still squeeze us a little more.When they cannot ... it will appear ... but it also does not matter ... it will appear in the USA and prior payment of a treatment of $ 100,000 ... that is, we will return to "I hope I arrive here soon."

And I hope to be wrong, that I am around the corner, and fast and free for everyone.But ... distrustful that it is one.

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
10/22/2014 10:19 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Well, I think the same, there is a lot of money to make the cure imminent, but they have advanced a lot have put the vial insulin in a ball.
As I always say yes, the real MCG, but public health should subsidize at least something.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/22/2014 11:43 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.