{'en': 'Does the Lantus insulin have picos?', 'es': '¿Tiene picos la insulina Lantus?'} Image

Does the Lantus insulin have picos?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   04/29/2008 10:11 a.m.

Good morning.

Lantus could download according to his endey if he exercised :(, but how he does not, because I look caught. In the snack there are times that nothing is put on yesterday and arrived high at dinner 220 he put 4 undb and a toThe 60s: Shock:.grams approx.or 90: shock:

I do not know how to download Lantus without reaching meals with much, because I have already tried to do it by raising the rapids and immediately drops, then we corrected and bounced ....

I have such a time to this part ... with how good we had always taken it ....
Peace

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/13/2008 5:35 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Reciaooooo peace,

Come, do not be discouraged, when one begins with the changes, the normal thing is that it ends by not understanding anything, but in short, that if you fail to adjust the situation, you can always try another schedule, anyway the patience is not rhetorical, any change needs your time to start giving results ...

See you!

DiabetesForo
05/14/2008 11:14 a.m.

I feel bad .... useless ... clumsy ... stuck .... it gives me a lot of envy, healthy ehhh, when I read that there are people with glycemia that do not go from 150 ... I feel that I do not do it well... I know that if I can't control my son well today, tomorrow he will have complications ... that makes me sick ...

When a night before falling asleep, it will give him a good hypo and I see him have a bad time, after he slept, I'm going to his bed and I give him many ... many kisses, and I have
the feeling that I am going to lose ...

But well that happens ... one day we take a good streak and then I am completely sure that we will achieve it

Peace

DiabetesForo
05/14/2008 1:44 p.m.

..... that not peace, of useless nothing, what happens is that controlling diabetes already know that it is little less than impossible, if it were only insulin, right?But so many, so many things that it is complicated to always get together, I imagine that it is much harder to have a diabetic son than to be yourself and I understand you but do not hesitate that you are making it phenomenal as all the fathers and mothers of this forum ..... and your children grow healthy and happy.A big hug ...

DiabetesForo
05/14/2008 1:56 p.m.

Paz, welcome to the Club de las Mothers of children with complicated diabetes, are they complicated children with diabetes?I'm already lying alone again: Evil:

Come on that mood.

DiabetesForo
05/14/2008 2:48 p.m.

Ayyy Paz do not think of those things that we do the best we can and this is so, all day up and down with the units: d.
And I laugh at those who always have 150, I used to speak with many type 2 of those and of course they are measured once a week and 150 :)) :)) and until the following week they are not measured againAnd once 150, I hallucinated when the poor told him so convinced and I told them but that glycosylated hemoglobin you have and tell me "queee and that is" I explained it and they told me "I have it very wellThat is what my doctor tells me when I go ":-/ others did not ask me to write them down on a paper to ask their doctor on the next visit.Because people who control well and have those posts always or almost always, know that at 30 minutes or at any other time there is always a higher figure than another, unless you use a bomb and you can beTo chorritos :)): Shock: :)) That envies more pig: Twisted :.

Paz if you want to lower the lantus is a matter of testing and measuring in the pursuit of the meals and thus changing the quickly, until you get the adjustment again.

Ourselves if before eating it is not high we put the insu after eating or before the dessert, because but how it sometimes eats the insulin that the hydrates of the food and first has a hypo and then they open the hydrates and we have thehyper.At breakfast we always put it before, because it seems that if the insulin is not moving all night, it takes longer to take effect, this is a matter of trying and trying:-/.

Pumba's profile photo
Pumba
05/17/2008 3:27 p.m.

I forgot the Lantus something of peak if it has, they say that it is when its effect is accumulated as at 5 hours of putting it (and its maximum action they say that it lasts until 9 or 10 hours of having put it on).

I have now delayed the time to put it from 5 to 8 in the afternoon and today that being Saturday later at 10 (usually is high more than 200) today 105, and at night that was previously flat and to the6 in the morning I began to climb, now it is all night with a soft descent, which is good for me because at dinner the rapid did not cover the slow hydrates well, only that the post now has to be a little higher than beforeDo not stay in 100 fair (at 3 hours of Humalog) to have a margin of 30 or 40 which I have seen that I go down, we will see in summer if we have more activity in the afternoon I imagine that I will have to take it into account andHave a slightly taller margin.

Paz do not overwhelm that at your age the hormones are very revolted and it is more difficult, although this is always a mess.

Pumba's profile photo
Pumba
05/17/2008 3:52 p.m.

Prado, Alea, Pumba thank you very much for your spirits.The truth is that I have been a few days that I can't stand it or me, but it is going on as on other occasions.

Pumba Angel always since they sent her the Lantus has to put it in the morning already told me that she has all her children to send them to them and avoid nocturnal declines.Doesn't your child not do a lot of peak?If Angel put it in the evening, surely the quick of the night would be avoided and it would make him hiccupy: ((If before for us 2+2 were 6 now the same is 3 as 23 ....: Shock: I don't know if you understand me ...

Kisks girls.

Peace

DiabetesForo
05/17/2008 5:35 p.m.

Paz If I understand you yes, you don't know how much;), When I begin to see different results, I always change the ball in case I have spoiled the lantus:-/ of everything :)).

We have tried all the schedules putting it the morning it does not last 24 hours rose high and we were afraid of a hiccup in the school in the middle of the morning.
At night we had nocturnal hypos, on top of that I had a pool in the afternoon.
Half a day at 4, it has always been when he has gone better because the 5 -hour peak helped him to get well at dinner, but lately he gets up high especially on weekends that he does not get up early, so we delay it to6 in the afternoon.
Now we put it at 8 and so the 5-hour peak is at 1 that is when I measure it coincides with the 3 hours of humalog and it seems that better, but that seems:-/.

You say that I do not exercise but do not believe with going to class and returning is already going out, what we notice a lot are on weekends that we do not leave all day, so I have the Saturdays and Sundays in tennis.

Pumba's profile photo
Pumba
05/17/2008 6:45 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.