{'en': 'Does the Lantus insulin have picos?', 'es': '¿Tiene picos la insulina Lantus?'} Image

Does the Lantus insulin have picos?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   04/29/2008 10:11 a.m.

I would like to know if the lantus has peaks.

Angel puts it at 8 in the morning with the fast and at 11 he always has it or almost always tall is taken his sandwich without getting quickly and at 1 he always drops.

Does anyone else pass it on and at 4 or 5 hours give it hypos?I don't know what to do because it's not a matter of putting less Lantus.

: ?:: ?:
Thank you
Peace

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/29/2008 10:11 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello peace,

I have used Lantus for more than a year and I have not had low problems, at least not because of the Lantus.From what you say, I believe that it could be rather because of rapid insulin, or for the metabolism of the body, which "consumes" more glucose near meals ...

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
04/29/2008 10:18 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Celia does peak, approximately 5 hours to put it on.
It puts it at 11 at night, and usually has descent at about 4.
When we changed the schedule, he stopped having nighttime, but he had cooling.
I think the Lantus is not as flat as they want to make us believe.
Greetings

DiabetesForo
04/29/2008 10:51 a.m.

Hello peace,

It is not a matter of bringing the opposite to manufacturers who say that Pico does not have but when they decide to update the prospect and analyze all these years of field experience, it is possible that a name will end up putting it.

what if you have are two quite marked action times (or action or as you want to call): one at two hours of the supply and another around 5 hours, that is, in the arch of the 8 hours after theSupport (which should be the time it takes to "accumulate") is possible to notice its effect.

It is also true that there are many foreseror for the action of the rapid or ..., I do not know

As for your child's specific hypo, something is clear and that is if it goes in hiccups at that time it is not a quick problem.Personally I have left that schedule because in the previous time to the supply of the Lantus, I found a rapid resistance (the effect of "the old" Lantus was already non -existent) and for the same amount of HC I had to increase the doseobtaining not always good post-desayuno and then move on to an almost mathematical downturn despite eating in mid-morning, that is, much worse than with Lantus at 23.00.

If at 13 hours it goes in Hip, having eaten in mid -morning and having not performed physical activity that justifies it, it is a matter of blaming Lantus but the important thing is not who is the guilty but the key to play to alleviate the situation, I would play allBecause a good adjustment is rarely achieved by playing only one: it would increase the fast, decrease the basal and increase the mid -morning carbohydrates ... until you find the balance.

I have preferred to change the schedule again and avoid the Russian mountains despite the nocturnal hypos

DiabetesForo
04/29/2008 11:03 a.m.

Angela spent a short time using Lantus, at first she put it at 11 at night, but nocturnal hypoglycemia were inevitable.In the end we end up putting it at eating in order to match that maximum action at 4-5 hours, with the time of the snack .....
If I talk about Juan Luis I can't say the same, he puts it at 11 p.m. and has no night hypos .... It is very stable at night ...
Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/29/2008 1:15 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Thank you very much to everyone, it is clear that the lantus has a peak at 5 a.m., I don't know what the schedule would best go to Angel, I will comment with the endo in June that we have time at the moment I will lower the basal and I will go upHC and fast, because it is true that I get very fair to dinner.I think that what I will not be able to avoid is that it lifts it higher ...: ((Aissssssss what life, but we will achieve it ...
Greetings
Peace

DiabetesForo
04/29/2008 5:34 p.m.

Hello, in my case, it seems that it is a unique case, I have not noticed those effect changes in the Lantus.What do I notice much are the effects of type of activity.For example, if I do table work in the morning several hours I know that I will be high, I put on me.If on the contrary I approach to see the client (10 minutes) then I know that I will be low.In the afternoon the same, if I take a small walk in the middle of the afternoon I know that I have to walk very carefully.At night I am very stable ... but not always, I have already proven that depending on the dinner and the night activity I do it will go up or down.And on weekends everything changes ...
What I want to say with all this is that I notice the effect of what makes activity than those possible changes in effect of the Lantus.

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
04/30/2008 7:41 a.m.

Hello Juan Luis, our pending subject ... the weekend all up ...
Today we have already lowered the lantus 3 undE and it has put one more quickly at breakfast, well at the moment, recreation 120, at 13 h has not had a decrease (miracroooo) and at the time of eating 100. But: ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((A EATED RICE AND AS ALWAYS IS LOW FAST NOW IN THE SITURE 300:?
Greetings
Peace

DiabetesForo
04/30/2008 12:56 p.m.

Paz, how good you have managed to solve the problem !!

Juanluis, physical activity always influences, but in short, when any type of activity despite being minimal produces, as in your case, important variations, we are in the alwaysdays are not always the same and therefore the basal dose should not be ... Lantus after that specific schedule is truly flat

Anyway, if easy, we would not be here eating the coconut:-/

DiabetesForo
05/06/2008 9:52 a.m.

Kalua, worked that day but began to lift with 200 and peak every day and at food and dinner came 190 and that I also raised the fast, the pos were good but at the time of eating and dinner about 200 :((And now he is again with the same usual units. Today in class he has not been down and arrived with 110. What solution does he have, because I don't see any? Exercise rather anything, so he also puts a lot of Lantus 44.
Peace

DiabetesForo
05/06/2008 2:01 p.m.

jo, last what is said to last lasted shortly: (((

This ... and why you have lowered 3 UI of Lantus, perhaps reducing only one or two units the things work ...

You will tell us !!

DiabetesForo
05/07/2008 10:47 a.m.

Kalua this morning at 7 with 70 and we have lowered only one, I will try a time, but today all day with drops 61 in mid -morning and 60 at food: shock: and that is all day to the bartola at home forThe institutes are going to strike, now I have left for a while but I imagine that another friend's house to keep wandering.
Peace

DiabetesForo
05/07/2008 2:04 p.m.

Paz, your son uses Humalog ??I ask you why I have given it of course but now I begin to doubt because what you tell reminds me a lot of the problems that arise with the rapids, rather difficult post and then meet a beak at 3 or 4 hours that youIt forces to eat mid -morning and snack ...

In short, it is also true that in this period we are all or almost all of sales and when the situation is maintained all day what continues to intrigue me is that it is mid -morning after a high value and despite having eaten.

Come, to see what the day ends

DiabetesForo
05/08/2008 10:26 a.m.

Kalua Mira Ángel gets 44 undo of Lantus Sol.... I don't know what to do anymore, in the snack it is not usually necessary to snack, but I force you because if you should not have dinner very soon and normally dinner at 20.30 ...
What do you think?His guideline on normal class - house that is usually Sota, horse and king of: 3 undE Breakfast 5 Und food and 3 und Centers.
Greetings

DiabetesForo
05/08/2008 3:32 p.m.

They are not 44 und but 43: Oops :, but still with hiccups again Ell has told me that because we do not leave the basal as it is and we go down the morning of the morning: shock: I think it is not a matter of the rapid butAs he suggested it to me and as it is the first time I think about his account I have told him that tomorrow we tried it.: D: D I am happy and surprised by its initiative, wise or not.
Peace

DiabetesForo
05/09/2008 3:13 p.m.

Hi Paz, I see that you are still in the same situation, in short, the novo must be the same as the Humalog, although it seems to me, if I have read it out there, that some who use it say it has a greater duration.

Reducing the rapid is an option, controls at two hours ... and tries to move away as much as you can the schedule of the rapid lantus to see if there is more luck.

See you!!

DiabetesForo
05/12/2008 6:15 a.m.

Paz-Angel, so that you understand the morning posts are high and low foods, and if you lower the lantus you do not get anything ... it could be that the effect of hydrates is being advanced to affectionof the rapid (it happens to me very scandalously every morning).In that case you could advance the puncture of the rapid, but with a lot of care .... Another possibility is to increase the amount of breakfast fat (olive oil), to delay the effect of hydrates, and then reduce the rapid ...

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
05/12/2008 6:34 a.m.

Hi Paz, just out of curiosity, how many rations do Angel take?Is that seeing the fast units that is put it caught my attention that Angela gets more ...
To VR if the subject is being solved.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/12/2008 2:05 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello.
Angel since he debuted never put the food for rations, at first they put a regime to lose a little weight but as soon as it seemed he was well, he said he did the meals with a normal holding.For example, milk is usually taken only at breakfast with 6 Maria type cookies, he doesn't want anything else.

Now we are worse for a few nights than in the short early morning and the morning with 200 and peak.
Today 212 has been 3 quickly, post 180 and at the usual time, sugar to the song and at eating 90.: Shock:

Velia I do not know anyone from the forum to put on as much lantus as Angel: Shock: And what gets most quickly is 7 If we go out to eat paella: Oops:

I still think that lack of control can be for age: Twisted:

DiabetesForo
05/12/2008 5:34 p.m.

Hi Paz, what mess when they are uncontrolled, right? ... I still think that for your age it is quick to use.Only at breakfast is taking 4 portions, and surely at food and at dinner he takes some more .... to all this I take a picnilla without putting insulin .... I don't know why he gives me that he has plenty of Lantus... The lift high can be due to several reasons, if it is low at night it may be an accumulation of the HC, s ingested to trace.It may be affecting the phenomenon of ALBA (Angela sometimes affects) ... but I still insist that if it is often low, eat between hours and does not put insulin and above the rapid units are apparently few, it couldshould be an excess of lantus ...
A hug and see if you give the matter ..

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/13/2008 4:23 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.