I premiere as a firefighter

Juan Luis's profile photo   06/09/2008 1:46 p.m.

Hello Juan:

If you have seen the links that Velia put already you get an idea of ​​how an insulin bomb is.It is a speech that connects to the body by a catheter and supply insulin and in small amounts, when you eat a bolus to cover food hydrates.You change the catheter every 3 or 4 days.It gives you a lot of stability, less hypoglycemia and schedule flexibility.You have to measure the glucose more frequently, I make the full profile every day and before playing sports, but avoid the 4 or 5 daily insulin punctures.
I hope I have clarified something.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/22/2008 4:31 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thanks Prado.

Among the k e state links reading this morning and your clarification has kept me quite clear about how the issue of insulin bombs is going.

DiabetesForo
08/22/2008 9:36 a.m.

I come to tell you how the pot goes.But first, I have a disgust ... well, I have one of those days, you know ... I would like to be able to put the Guardian's graphic, it is seen that just waking me today he has given me a rush, passing one hundred by little toTwo hundred and little of 15 minutes, then stop, and it is like that until it starts to make the effect of the insu (liters) that I have joined ... but it went down little, because a while ago it has started againWith total indecency (I changed the catheter before and because I already touched).Anyway, that I have shown again and wait, so I am not in one of my best days.Right now this marks 260.
The pot, well, very happy, so I will go directly to what does not work so well:

The pot.You can imagine that in summer the pot has been focused on the water issue.Well, so that this (I mean the sensor) to endure a weekly beach or pool must be very catchy and in very specific places of your body whose skin does not stretch or breathe when you move.Of course, you can go to the pool and not move much, but it doesn't seem very good plan.I have pending to try some dressings recommended by the Medtronic Commercial, I will tell you.

The sensor puncture.This already focused above all children.Well, with some frequency it hurts, yes.Even sometimes, that pain is reproduced during the first day according to the movement you make.I suppose this is because the needle is longer than that of the catheter, and therefore the deepest "wound" ... Let's see if they already take the children's version.

The rest well, it is quite reliable, and the continuous measurement makes more performance to the pump, come on, that very happy ... I will only tell you one thing, I, gastronomically speaking, I have stopped being diabetic.

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
09/16/2008 6:09 a.m.

Hello Toodose the price of the guardian is for Millionaires the monitor is worth 3210 euros the box of 10 sensors 631.30 euros box of 100 adhesives for sensor 65.27 The minilink transmitter is already included with the monitor and the economic offer of its repositionIt is 1070 euros
The system is very good but it is not for these crisis times
Greetings

DiabetesForo
01/18/2009 11:40 a.m.

True, Lleida is expensive.
We will have to wait for the SS to subsidize it.

Greetings

DiabetesForo
01/18/2009 11:46 a.m.

Hello, I also just released as a bomber (only 3 days ago) I am very, very lossto the pool;Step from 345 to 43 in less than two hours, I am having acetones, (which I did not have for a long time) in the end that I will tell you to those who are premiering like me.The doctor has told me that I will be dismissed like this at least 1 month (ufff! I don't know if my brain will endure it ...
Well, I have found this page and I tell you my doubts, I use a Medtronic Minimed bomb I see and I would like to know if anyone knows what is active insulin, I am not sure, and how long does the bolus take that I administer in the pump. Is it like the Boligrafos?, that is to say at once or is administered very very slowly, is that when I put a corrector bolus the bomb indicates active insulin: p.e 2u, and I do not know if it is what I have left to supply me or what.Please help me.

paula's profile photo
paula
01/30/2010 12:02 p.m.

Hello, I also just released as a bomber (only 3 days ago) I am very, very lossto the pool;Step from 345 to 43 in less than two hours, I am having acetones, (which I did not have for a long time) in the end that I will tell you to those who are premiering like me.The doctor has told me that I will be dismissed so at least 1 month (Ufff! I don't know if my brain will endure it ...:-/
Well, I have found this page and I tell you my doubts, I use a Medtronic Minimed bomb I see and I would like to know if anyone knows what is active insulin, I am not sure, and how long does the bolus take that I administer in the pump. Is it like the Boligrafos?, that is to say at once or is administered very very slowly, is that when I put a corrector bolus the bomb indicates active insulin: p.e 2u, and I do not know if it is what I have left to supply me or what.Please help me.

paula's profile photo
paula
01/30/2010 12:03 p.m.

: Shock :: Shock :: Shock:

Hi Paula
Before putting on the pump, they have not explained how it works?The questions you ask are very surprising.

Active insulin is the amount of bolus that still remains to be act (it depends on what has been programmed) ... if you correct because you are high helps you remember what you have put on and can avoid hypos

The duration of the Bolus depends on how you have programmed them ... there are enough variables that you can select ... So an answer I think it is difficult to give you.

I called the Medtronic Attention phone:

And on Monday he asks for an appointment with your educator and with the Metronic delegate to explain the bomb well ...

1 year destabilized?:-/

DiabetesForo
01/30/2010 3:39 p.m.

Thanks firefighter, the truth is that yes, I am a little lost, but the information is so much ... that I am a little saturated and scared :)).I imagined that it was something like that, but I also have anxiety and I need to make sure everything, imagine together a low sugar with an anxiety attack, I die literally: x.Thank you very much, you have relieved my fears a bit.

paula's profile photo
paula
01/30/2010 7:19 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.