I premiere as a firefighter

Juan Luis's profile photo   06/09/2008 1:46 p.m.

Today I have premiered as a firefighter, I use a Medtronic with a built -in meter, although this part runs from my pocket, that is, so far I used as a continuous meter, subsidized by myself, a sensor, a transmitter and the guardian, and now I useThe same sensor, the same transmitter, and the pump.The fact is that since I have a very good teacher for now, everything has been very easy .. except the part of the meter, which has not suckled me, so after an egg of attempts I have returned to the continuous meter that I used so far,which is really almost the same as the one that carries the pump, but it is a more “hanging” device, and between the two mobiles I use, the manual gluco, the puncture, the strips, the pump and the meter ... well, well,Now that I think about it, it's just a pot to carry ... jokes, I hope you don't work for my nonsense and fix it quickly, I am now waiting for Medtronic's return call to see it.
I will tell you.

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
06/09/2008 1:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Juan Luis,

I have recently heard of the Guardian, and I am interested in knowing where I could buy it or get it, could you give me any suggestion?

Thank you so much!!!

fer's profile photo
fer
06/09/2008 2:33 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hello!I would also like to have information about the Guardian.How does it work, if recommended, how much is it, where to get it?

Thank you.

PINK

Rosa's profile photo
Rosa
06/09/2008 4:48 p.m.

Juan Luis: Shock: How many things do you have to wear now punctured in your body?Isn't it uncomfortable?Forgive my ignorance but I have never seen one or far.: Oops:

Peace

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/10/2008 3:56 a.m.

Yes, I already have my particular robocopy, hahahaha ...
I leave the link the Medtronic page that talks about the pump and continuous meter

Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/10/2008 4:28 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Give me a little time to use the bomb with the Guardian built to compare, and then how much, long and lying, about this "pot".

Juan Luis
06/10/2008 4:35 a.m.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/10/2008 4:48 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Regarding the last link that Velia has put.

A and B: The Classical Medtronic Bomb, but a model that incorporates the Guardian, that is, the continuous meter.

C: The sensor for the continuous meter, whether the Guardian as is, that I have used for two and a half years, or the one that incorporates the pump.The SS does not subsidize it.

D: The transmitter, so that what the sensor measures reaches the Guardian as is or to which the pump incorporates.Nor does the SS subsidize it.

In both cases, C and D, it is expected that the SS will end up subsidizing.
And the next step, at least I hope so, is that the handle is closed, that is, that a sw -pump is developed and implemented that is able to take control of the pump following the measures sent by the sensor.

Anyway, step by step, first see how the pump works with the meter without closing the handle, I will tell you.

Juan Luis
06/10/2008 5:41 a.m.

Hopefully I will end up subsidizing social security, if they would change me at 522 or 722 I would not mind trying the sensors, so tell us as soon as you can.

DiabetesForo
06/10/2008 6:23 a.m.

Hello, I just read the last pages of the parents' thread, and, although I plannedTo the definitive, the artificial pancreas, and once tested a couple of weeks ... I still think, rather, I am sure.
This Chuta, I mean, has defects, but solussionable, basically that one hundred percent of the time is not reliable, and the bubbles.Both defects in any case could be detected and "report" with a SW sufficiently good.In addition, the current version of the Guardian is more reliable than the previous one, that is, it is improved.
Now I am, while looking for my various fixed basal, playing to go down and bass (temporary basal route) to stop hypos foreseeable, because it is one of the great advantages of the bomb with respect to the punctures, to reduce the basalTo "lift" the curve.And for now it is working for me, that is, if I detect that the curve lowers me, I get the basal ... and yes, the curve "rises."This of "lifting" the curve so far, without the bomb, did it with Maria cookies, but I already tell you that I have a lot of interest in verifying how it works only insulin.
I am also with the theme of the square bolus, for the intakes, as soon as I control them I will also start using them to “lower” curves without the need to chute all the insulin suddenly.
We will continue to inform.
Note: I reread that the same is not understood as the curve.You will see, this pot measures every 5 minutes, so that only with a touch you can see the curve of the last three hours, that is, every so often I take a look at the pump and quickly see the curve to see ifThis goes down or goes up, and if it does a lot or little.Almost as easy as looking at the time at all times I know if the sugar is going up or going down.

Juan Luis
06/18/2008 12:40 p.m.

Juan Luis is a doubt, are you still using the Guardian?

DiabetesForo
06/19/2008 4:44 a.m.

No, now I use the bomb that the Guardian is incorporated, that is, exactly as in the photo that Velia put.

Juan Luis
06/19/2008 5:11 a.m.

ahhhhhh ..... ok .... that seemed to me but how did you quote the Guardian because I gather .....
Keep telling us because everything seems very interesting.

DiabetesForo
06/19/2008 6:03 a.m.

Hi Elena ..... In the hospital they tell us about Guardian I, Guardian II and Guardian III .... I think the bomb with built -in meter is Guardian II (there is some difference with 3, which does not give up alarmsAnd down fast, but indicate with arrows if glycemia goes up or down, well, and some more things) ... but really the receiver is the bomb itself .... I don't know how I explain ... Guardian sensor, guardian, guardian,pump receiver ....
Besinos, pretty.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/19/2008 10:57 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Well, that of Guardian 1 2 and 3 ... Joé, because I don't know ... Anyway, I have taken a look at the Interié, to see if I clarify something, and I have found little.I guess it's as Velia says.
It seems that Guardian 2 is the one that includes bomb 722/522.So, I suppose the Guardian 1 is the one I used until the early of this year (I used the model without a bomb) and that there was a bomb that included it, although it has not been marketed in Spain.
And we have the Guardian 3 ... Well, I can onlythat carries 722.
All this are assumptions.
By the way, looking for this I have found that in 2000 they tested with children ... hehe, there is an annotation in the report saying that one of them who did not tolerate it, seems that the first change was started.

Juan Luis
06/19/2008 11:51 a.m.

Velia and Juan Luis, thanks for the clarification, I had understood it but I did not know that they also called Guardian hehe.

Another question, in Extremadura finances the SS the sensor?I suppose children yes, but adults?Do you know what price they have?

kisses

DiabetesForo
06/19/2008 12:07 p.m.

Prado, I do not know if they finished them, I have "left" some sensors, as if to try, but I have no idea if, once they are used, the rest I will have to buy as I have done so far.What I think does not finance in any way are the transmitters.
Taking advantage that I am idle since I am waiting for an email from the work to continue, because I tell you more things.
The issue of measurements with the guardian changes a lot, because it is no longer measured to see how these is measured to calibrate or safety.
I explain myself.The first day of the sensor does not work well for me, so I don't pay much attention to him and I calibrate it about 6 times.Ok, the second day is already measuring well, the third best ... hehe, and the three extra days I also get well ... overt days?You will see, the sensor is supposed to last 3 days, but really at the end of those three days you can give "new sensor" and he believes he is new, and another 3 days.I have read in foreign forums that this is done by everyone, even that there are people who take more “benefit”, but that most are limited to 6/7 days.
In short, from the second day I measure me (caliber) between 2 or 4 times.When?Well, especially when I am stable, for example after a rise, to make sure to “where” I have launched and adjust the correction better, also when I am stable but somewhat low, 80-90, also to ensure that, for example,I'm not really in 60 and know the margin I have.If you are going down strong, I don't measure me, I correct (with cookies and/or modify the basal) without more and I hope to be stable.If the same is raising me quite, I correct and I wait for it to stabilize in any case to calibrate.Ah, I always measure myself/caliber before falling asleep, also to make sure.
Well, the mail still comes, so I close and leave.

Juan Luis
06/19/2008 12:39 p.m.

Well, I already have pattern B, which will be the one I will use when it is in Madrid.I have to adjust pattern A, for weekends, and the standard, for when I am in Cáceres.

Pattern B is left:

00:00 1.00
06:00 1.30
10:00 0.60
13:00 1.00
17:00 0.65

Total: 21.55

With this I have managed to avoid that resistance that I had in the morning, as well as the posterior dowers and the idem I had on the afternoon walks.EPALong live the bomb !!!!!

Juan Luis
06/20/2008 6:50 a.m.

Hi Juan Luis, I'm very happy that you have a bomb and that you are so happy.
In case you want something or I can help you with the theme of the bomb here you have me nice.
;)

Samira's profile photo
Samira
07/30/2008 6:58 a.m.

Hello good, I am new in this forum which I do not know and it seemed wonderful for all people with diabetes and also for the K do not have it.

I would thank you very much if anyone explained how the insulin pump works and what are the care and maintenance guidelines with the pump, and your experiences with the K have it in operation.
(I really know I don't know anything about insulin bombs, I use insulin Humalog and Lantus)

Thank you very much and 1 greeting

DiabetesForo
08/21/2008 10:21 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.