{'en': 'Help with diet for portions, 1200 calorie diet', 'es': 'Ayuda con la dieta por raciones, dieta de 1200 calorías'} Image

Help with diet for portions, 1200 calorie diet

silvina236's profile photo   06/27/2008 5:42 a.m.

Hi there,

I am a diabetic since the age of 7, but until recently I have changed my diet for portions and I make a mess the truth.

They have given me the meter vessel, and a diet of 1200 calories, but I really do not have any sheet where I put for example, how many portions of hydrates I have to eat in the food, I only have:

- Food 1 vegetable dish or salad
- Choose between 1 meter vessel or 40gr of bread.
- 100 gr of chicken or 150 gr of fish
- 1 medium fruit.

Well, it is very well placed, but for example, if you consume more carbohydrates that touches me?Do you understand me?

For example, today I am going to make me green asparagus and a French tortilla with 2 whites and 1 a yolk, do you think I should eat bread or something else?

Please you can help me.

Thank you!

silvina236's profile photo
silvina236
06/27/2008 5:42 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Silivina, welcome.
I don't understand, are you type 1 diabetic?How long ago?Are you dealing with insulin?... if you are type 1 sure you are treated with insulin ... and if your doctor (of head?) He has put you on a diet, without more ... I don't understand it, for me that you should change doctor ...

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
06/27/2008 7:46 a.m.

Hi Silvina, Welcome !!!!
I think the important thing is that they tell you the amount of HC rations, s you need daily ...
If you are going to eat asparagus and tortilla whose contribution of HC, s is minimal, I would also take bread and fruit ... and depending on the rations that they add I would put the corresponding insulin (that in case you use a slow insulin (Lantus, Levemir) and fast for meals ... what the endocrine or nutritionist tells you how many you should take for that diet that they put you.

Kisses

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/27/2008 7:53 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello, my name is Javier, I just registered in this forum, I am 51 years old.I was diagnosed with type II diabetes at the end of 2015 but I think I have it since 2007 because I am helpless since that time (I have not counted it, they are all medical, it is ashamed) and I also lost a lot, I have them as sleeping.
I am a disaster, I am very shy, I have a hard time interacting, I have no work, money, friends, not even mobile and I have been homeless (that's why I have diabetes), except to make the purchase and now from2016 that I go out to walk every day 1 hour and a half.
With the diet, the medication suit and the walk did not get it to come down from 200. Until February 2017 they did not give me the machine to measure the glucose and start with the toujeo insulin, first with 16 units and now that I put 28 units onceA day.
Volume Resincalcio because I have the blood potassium high (5´6) and very high the protein in urine 197´7 mg/dl (it must be 1-14), the microalbuminuria 1,523 mg/dl (it must be less than 30), I thinkthat harms the kidneys.
I am also affecting my left eye have already put me more than 20 injections (Lucentis) by macular edema.
It is also affecting the peripheral vascular system and the heart, light aortic insufficiency (in November they will test me) I get tired when the stairs and slopes upload.I don't have good feelings and I don't think it's improving.
In my 1st appointment with the nephrologist at the Fund.Jiménez Diaz in Madrid even if I arrived at the time, I got lost and late 20 min.In finding the consultation.
I take a anger that I recognize that I deserved (I believed that if I did not arrive on time they passed the next patient) and I had the feeling that I am doing everything wrong.I told him that he had two pieces of fruit breakfast, which ate late about five o'clock, for not dinner, a salad with 15 olives (bad for potassium) with a second dish and for dessert 40 grams of pure chocolate without sugar (I must not take it either), as well as 200 grams of bread when I should eat 120 gr.And I did not usually have dinner because I am overweight of 15 kilos and I never leave later.He told me that sugar -free foods are a scam and that I was not taking the seriousness of my illness seriously.
I have controlled the glucose except after the meal, 6 hours later, it is almost always between 170 to 250 mg/dl and that's why I am afraid to have dinner, I do not want to gain weight I would like to lose weight to see if I get less tired and I feel better.
The truth is that every time I find myself worse even if I say that I have improved in other things, my feet hurt after walking and they give me punctures and burning sensation and between the diabetic diet and against potassium, I have a feeling ofKagn when tomatoes, strawberries, and other natural foods that you should not eat.
Between my painful personal situation and the disease, I have already told the doctors that I would like to take off in the middle.If someone can advise me, I would appreciate it.Greetings.

mcmurphy 1975's profile photo
mcmurphy 1975
07/29/2018 7:23 p.m.

The best indicator to know if you improve is glycosylated hemoglobin.It has to be less than 7.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/29/2018 7:43 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
The best indicator to know if you improve is glycosylated hemoglobin.It has to be less than 7.

In my analysis that concept does not come, it appears: hemoglobin 14´2 g/dl in the blood test (it is well between 13-17) and hemoglobin alc 7´3% (it has to be between 4-6) that must be that theglycosylated hemoglobin.Can you tell me if that is?Greetings.

mcmurphy 1975
07/29/2018 8:03 p.m.

Yes, that is.If you see that with the treatment you carry and the diet, you do not get it, maybe you need some fast insulin before the food, your doctor will tell you.
You will improve if you improve hemoglobin.
Welcome to the forum!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/29/2018 8:09 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

regina said:
yes that is.If you see that with the treatment you carry and the diet, you do not get it, maybe you need some fast insulin before the food, your doctor will tell you.
Welcome to the forum!
Thank you for your regina answer.I have been putting toujeo insulin since February 2017, 28 units a day 3 hours before the main food, but 6 hours after the food I do not lower the glucose of 170 and I no longer want to have dinner.Greetings.

mcmurphy 1975
07/29/2018 8:34 p.m.

mcmurphy 1975 said:
regina said:
yes that is.If you see that with the treatment you carry and the diet, you do not get it, maybe you need some fast insulin before the food, your doctor will tell you.
Welcome to the forum!
Thank you for your regina answer.I have been putting toujeo insulin since February 2017, 28 units a day 3 hours before the main food, but 6 hours after the food I do not lower the glucose of 170 and I no longer want to have dinner.Greetings.

How @regina says you surely need fast insulin for meals.Talk to your endocrine and look for a solution especially if you are putting your part to improve, and if you need psychological help, also say it, that for that they are.Do not give up ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡You have to fight until the last day.
Greetings

Jess's profile photo
Jess
07/29/2018 9:31 p.m.

How @regina says you surely need fast insulin for meals.Talk to your endocrine and look for a solution especially if you are putting your part to improve, and if you need psychological help, also say it, that for that they are.Do not give up ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡You have to fight until the last day.
Greetings

Thank you Jess for your mood, I have already told the endocrine and all it has done to me is to upload the dose of the toujeo, I started in 16 units, pass to 20, then to 26 and now the nephrologist that is to theLast to tell me 28. Until November I have no review, greetings.

mcmurphy 1975
07/29/2018 9:53 p.m.

Tell him that you are hardly eating anything, and that and everything, do not go down. You can not be eating so little. Show two hours after eating and make a diary to present the values ​​to the doctor.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/29/2018 9:57 p.m.

If necessary, ask for an endocrine change.
I guess they will have prescribed a water to control protein loss
of the kidney.
I underline what @regina says
Do controls before and two hours after meals, and write it down in a newspaper so you can see where the failure is.
You cannot be for so many hours without eating because that often makes glucose rise.

Jess's profile photo
Jess
07/29/2018 10:25 p.m.

Silvina236 said:
hello good.Of
I am a diabetics since the age of 7, but until recently I have changed my diet for portions and I make a mess the truth.They have given me the meter vessel, and a diet of 1200 calories, but I really have no sheet where I put for example, how many rations of hydrates I have to eat at the food, I only have: I only have:
Food 1 vegetable dish or salad
Choose between 1 meter vessel or 40gr of bread.
100 gr of chicken or 150 gr of fish
1 medium fruit.
Well, it's very well placed, but for example, if you consume more carbohydrates that touches me ????Do you understand me ????
For example today I am going to make green asparagus and a French tortilla with 2 whites and 1 a yolk, you think that I should eat bread or something else ????
Please if you can help me.
Thanks

Hello, if you have put a diet for portions, you are supposed to have already calculated the sensitivity factor and how much insulin unit you carry by ration.If one day you eat four portions you will injepe for four, if you eat two then for two.But what is it for?Apart from to bring more accurate control.Every day we do not eat the same, if we go out we eat more, family gatherings, we are upset about the stomach, etc.Etc.
I would say that they have given you a standard diet of those that they usually give, in which I do not see flexibility at eating.Unless they have put it for weight reasons or some other problem.
Greetings

Jess's profile photo
Jess
07/30/2018 8:11 a.m.

The grace of the diet by rations is that you put the dose of insulin depending on the rations of carbohydrates that you are going to eat, more eate or commas less rations (within some logical margins) depends more on you, on you, on whatThat you want, if you are diet, if you are going to exercise, ect.

The important thing for diet by portions is:

1) Know the dose of insulin that you should wear for each ration of carbohydrates, for example, in my case it is 1 dose of insulin per 1 ration of carbohydrate, more or less (an HC ration is 10 grams of HC)

2) Know your insulin sensitivity throughout the day, that is, putting myself again as an example, my insulin sensitivity is higher at noon (because I get slowly in the morning and at noon it is already taking effect), this means that at noon my dose and ration ratio is 1/1 (as I have put up) but nevertheless at breakfast time and dinner is 2/1 (two doses of insulin for each ration) this isKnow a bit with practice, now that I have changed Lantus to Tresiba for example Esoty in 1.5/1

-------------------
The second part, also very important is to know food with HC and their glycemic indices (how fast the sugar goes up)

That is, the tacita is very good, but it is not the same this cup full of rice, which fills with macaroni, what you need is a swinging to weigh food and depending on what food weighs knowing how much HCeach one has

So a boat I will tell you soon:

100 grams of dry pasta is usually an average of 60 carbohydrates (6 rations of HC)
Those 100 grams of dry pass are usually converted into 300 of cooked pasta, that is:
100 grams of cooked pasta is usually an amedy of 20 carbohydrates (2 rations of HC)

The rice is more or less similar (look the food labels, there puts it to you, and it always puts its nutritional value as packaged, that is, the rice, the pasta, the lentil, ect if it puts it in thelabel is the weight of what is inside the label, not cooked)

Dry rice = I think it was per 80 HC per 100 grams (8 units)
boiled rice = 30 HC per 100 grams

*With the rice you have to be careful because it has a lot of starch and the sugar according to the person you do not see
In food like this I do is take small amount so that the lag is not so big

With potatoes, leggust and others is to follow the same process, look at ingredients and calculate

A page that I use a lot for when I need to know something about this is Link It is great, it also has an app for the mobile that allows you to make your diet and add food to see how much you are consuming

Before I have talked about the glycemic index and this is also very important, it does not rise the equal sugar 3 rations of rice carbohydrates that 3 rations of carbohydrates of beans of beans

Legumes such as beans, lentils and chickpeas are low(6 portions) and you have 80 sugar and you put the insulin before eating you can find the scare of having a quite severe hypo even despite having eaten, in these cases, if you eat legumes I would recommend putting the insulin afterEating, to avoid this type of scare (I have had them)

Finally, the bread has half of its weight in portions, that is, if you eat 100 grams of bread, there are 5 rations of HC

--------------------------------

Finally there are fats, fats do not immediately affect the level of sugar perse, but in combination with copious meals with HC they can modify the accounts, causing hydrates toThey absorb worse or you raise the sugar more from the account once the high effect of rapid insulin has passed.My first opinion would be that fatty things like sauces and others is to avoid them as much) And get to the idea that it is possible that after 2 hours of food you have to put insulin again to correct a possible climb

As I said this I have put is what I apply to my person, each person in this is a world, and experimentation and practice is what will make your balance

By the way, these types of diets that have given you, in my opinion are not worth at all, are diets that are usually given to people to lose weight and that are not really diabetic diets, the best thing is that you see that you eat,How healthy and that accounts of carbohydrates, I will put an axplo of meals that I do and how I do them:

Breakfast:

I usually eat a bowl of oatmeal, with milk, nuts and cinnamon and I do it like this:

40 grams of oat flakes (2 rations of HC)
200 ml of milk (1 HC ration)
A handful of nuts (about 10 grams)
cinnamon
Estevia

The sum of the total is about 3 rations of HC, as it is in the morning and I just put the slow one, I know that my insulin sensitivity is approximately 2/1, so I put 6 units of rapid

Meal:

300 grams of macarrones (6 HC rations)
A little tomato (it has HC but it is despicable unless you take a lot)
Some chicken (chicken is protein)

6 rations from HC at noon = 6 insulin units

Dinner:

A bowl of iceberg salad (200 grams) (HC 5)
A taquito of cool cheese
a can of tuna (and the oil of this to dress the salad)
2 pipe sticks (for putting some HC and "substance") (1 HC)

That is almost 2 HC, as at night my sensitivity is less because I get 4 doses

This is just three examples, how many HC should you eat?It depends on your exercise level, on your weight, if you are diet or not, the important thing is to adapt the dose and eat healthy in the proportion of carbohydrates/proteins/fatty/necessary

In principle I know it is very mess but the truth is that eating by HC is much more flexible than setting fixed units and lets you play much more.

I hope helped you
All the best

Juanlu83's profile photo
Juanlu83
07/30/2018 12:22 p.m.

Jess said:
If it is necessary to ask forocrine change.
of the kidney.
Do controls before and two hours after meals, and write it down in a newspaper so you can see where the failure is.
You cannot be for so many hours without eating because that often makes glucose rise.

They have not prescribed anything more than resincalcio to expel the potassium through the feces, also clear of the toujeo insulin, suit (linagliptin) and synostatin.
When as little I have the glucose between 90 and 140, I have no job so I burn little, it is after the main food when it rises to 200 or more.Yesterday eating a normal paste salad, with beautiful oil, hard egg and red pepper, 100 gr.of pig loin, a nectarine and 100 grams of pineapple, five hours later I marked 274 mg/dl at 22'30 hours.Yesterday I do not quite anything and today, I had 86 mg/dl.Thanks and greetings Jess and Regina ..

mcmurphy 1975
07/30/2018 12:28 p.m.

mcmurphy 1975 said:
jess said:
if necessary ask for an endocrine change.
of the kidney.

They have not prescribed anything more than resincalcio to expel the potassium through the feces, also clear of the toujeo insulin, suit (linagliptin) and synostatin.
When as little I have the glucose between 90 and 140, I have no job so I burn little, it is after the main food when it rises to 200 or more.Yesterday eating a normal paste salad, with beautiful oil, hard egg and red pepper, 100 gr.of pig loin, a nectarine and 100 grams of pineapple, five hours later I marked 274 mg/dl at 22'30 hours.Yesterday I do not quite anything and today, I had 86 mg/dl.Thanks and greetings Jess and Regina ..

I lose proteins through the urine and from the minute one has prescribed me wet that apart from being used for hypertension also controls the loss of proteins.I have the stabilized proteinuria, apart from that it goes from losing a burden to lose very little.Also including good control is.I think it is something important that you should consult with your nephrolga.
From what he says I think it takes quick insulin.
I insist that you control it before eating and two hours after food.
Greetings

Jess's profile photo
Jess
07/30/2018 5:32 p.m.

Apart from the nephrological problems, glycemia needs to be measured before eating, pointing to what is eaten and measured 2 hours later.It is normal to be below 180 day hours after eating.
With what he ate yesterday, he stayed high because with basal insulin you cannot process the pasta plus fruits.There are too many hydrates.
You will have a better quality of life with fast insulin at meals, you will make the 5 meals that recommend us and will have a glycosylated hemoglobin below 7 limiting the risks related to diabetes.
If your doctor ignores you, change it.Dr. María Jose Cruz attends me at the Jiménez Foundation and is a charm.The nurses are a bit grunt but that I do not pay much attention to them .... I recognize that sometimes I deserve it.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/30/2018 7:59 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Sometimes endocrine recipes only slowly in a type2, they upload the dose of slow and point.But when a fast is needed, that metabolizes hydrates, even if strict diet is made, only good control is not achieved.
The logical thing would be quick to lower the slow, as in a type1.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/30/2018 10:04 p.m.

Jess said: I lose proteins in the urine and from minute one has prescribed me a wave that apart from being used for hypertension also controls the loss of proteins.I have the stabilized proteinuria, apart from that it goes from losing a burden to lose very little.Also including good control is.I think it is something important that you should consult with your nephrologist.
Greetings

I do not have hypertension have taken me twice in less than two years the map (outpatient monitoring of blood pressure) that takes tension and heart rate every 15 min.For 24 hours, an authentic torture take that device all day, and two times it has given me a low average;Systolic 108 mmhg and diastolic 68 mmhg, normal is 120 and 70 mmhg, with a heart rate of 71, it must be between 68 and 73. At first they gave me a medicine to lower tension and proteinuria but leave it at 4Days because I was very weak and very tired, I had to stop every 5 min.When I was.
As for the controls, they told me to do 4 or 5 measurements, 1 day a week, and the average that gives me the last 15 times before eating is 103 mg/dl, it is not very high, my problem is after theMain food that whenever I look 5 hours later is above 200 mg/dl.Greetings Jess.

mcmurphy 1975
07/31/2018 12:03 p.m.

mcmurphy 1975 said:
Jess said: I lose proteins through the urine and from minute one has prescribed me a wave that apart from being used for hypertension also controls the loss of proteins.I have the stabilized proteinuria, apart from that it goes from losing a burden to lose very little.Also including good control is.I think it is something important that you should consult with your nephrologist.
Greetings

I do not have hypertension have taken me twice in less than two years the map (outpatient monitoring of blood pressure) that takes tension and heart rate every 15 min.For 24 hours, an authentic torture take that device all day, and two times it has given me a low average;Systolic 108 mmhg and diastolic 68 mmhg, normal is 120 and 70 mmhg, with a heart rate of 71, it must be between 68 and 73. At first they gave me a medicine to lower tension and proteinuria but leave it at 4Days because I was very weak and very tired, I had to stop every 5 min.When I was.
As for the controls, they told me to do 4 or 5 measurements, 1 day a week, and the average that gives me the last 15 times before eating is 103 mg/dl, it is not very high, my problem is after theMain food that whenever I look 5 hours later is above 200 mg/dl.Greetings Jess.
& lt;/Blo
I don't have hypertension either.The medicine serves for hypertension but also for the loss of protein that is what interests us.Without a good measurement, I hardly manage to find the key to what you need.And without quick insulin I doubt much to improve.
All the best

Jess's profile photo
Jess
07/31/2018 12:20 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.