Many problems with continuous meter

Velia's profile photo   01/20/2012 4:32 a.m.

We have used the Medtronic Minilink for a long time ... Last year, Angela, 13, has already refused to put it on because it did not last a day placed, with sweat and others, it took off, so we decided not to put itfurther...

With the new literal sensors, it seems that this probma was resolved, so, after its last 2 uninable hemoglobins (7.6 and 8) we have resumed the issue ....

We decided to buy 5 sensors to try ... the first one did not give one, a horror, with the consequent anger of the girl, for having to have even more hair controls than was already done ...

The second began to work properly, but at the beginning of the 4th day he gave a sensor error and no longer operated:-/ ... the third we spoiled in the insertion.As we were already flies, we thought that the transmitter could be wrong, so we asked for one to the hospital, to try the 2 sensors that we had ...

On Monday we put a new sensor with the new transmitter ... It seemed that the thing was going well until the fourth day that began to fall empized and has been 14 or 15 hours marking figures of around 40 ... to all this, in2 occasions has suspended the pump for hypoglycemia, at night, and when it was measured to measure its capillary figure it was more than 200 ...

Of course we have followed the recommendations given by the manufacturer, how to massage the area, etc ... yesterday afternoon began to rise, spontaneously after showering, it seemed that he had caught the calibration again, but our surprise has been again thisNight, in the control of the 3, the capillary measure was 170 and the gossip marked 275, come on, you can imagine what emotion when we measure, without the idea of ​​the figure it can have ....

We are very disoriented.

Has it happened to you?

Mornita, have you tried them?Tell me your experience, please.

We will call Medtronic shortly, to see what they tell us because the girl is desperate and we don't even tell.

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/20/2012 4:32 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Velia, now I don't have much time, I send you a private.Let's see if I have time tonight and tell you our experience with the Enlite.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
01/20/2012 6:55 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

MORNITA I would appreciate that you would tell your experience here because just like me there can be many people interested in the continuous meter of Medtronic.

Thank you

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/20/2012 10:26 a.m.

Now that I have a little while, I tell you.We have been using the slit sensors since they left in May (or April I do not remember), our previous experience with the meter and the ancient sensors (soft) was more than a year.We very noticed the difference, at first we were also surprised for evil, their reliability compared to the ancients was painful, now after so many months we have caught the point and we can trust the continuous meter.If I have to be sincere the ancient sensors were much more reliable-stable but the size of the sensor, the mode of insertion, the destruction it does in the tissues, does not compensate.My son was four when we put the continuous meter, so as notThe pump, the sensor size is much smaller, the brand that has left after taking it off is invaluable within a few minutes, over the days it is impossible to detect where it was inserted, with the ancient good that the marks remained,those scars (white points) that it still has.

To the grain, "tricks" to tame the Enlite, which I suppose what Velia is interested.Be careful with insertion, make sure that the insert has released the needle, keep the button and pull carefully, if you find resistance, release and tighten again.Once you have removed the inserter, you have to remove the needle, pull smoothly from the end above, so easily.Problems that you can find, the needle gets locThey have changed, including mine.If you do not pull the upper end of the needle, and the closets closer to the base of the sensor will find that it does not come out, you will throw with more force and in the end the sensor is probably out or medium, something that you will not be able to check, becauseUnlike with the soft that you could see if the sensor had fully entered the literals, and if you look part of the sensor, bad, that is that it has come out.If when you puncture you have the bad luck that there is a small hemorrhage, also to throw the sensor, because it detaches completely, which with the ancients does not happen by the sensor is at the end.
As much as they have changed the adhesive and seems very practical, it really does not help much.The best thing is to cover everything, transmitter and sensor as with the old ones, you have even to be more careful, because as the transmitter downstream you take out the sensor.
Enlite are, how to say it, more unstable.You have to change the chip, I believe that a person who has not known the soft would be better because he cannot compare, there are things that cannot be explained but you know howChange totally, it is as if you were new to the meter.You have to be super strict with the calibrations, as the bad calibres can already remove it, because it will go crazy.Put the ascent index to the maximum, and the index descent, to see if the alarms do not go crazy.
The hiccup suspension, fails more than a fair shotgun, but with the new and with the old ones, when I hear the artificial pancreas I laugh at not crying, with the continuous monitoring systems that there is today I do not give itThe power to the machine to manage insulin or crazy.That the manufacturer will tell you, that the hiccup suspension is like an airbag, just in case, and that is why the first thing that puts when the alarm jumps is to check GS and then suspend or restart basal.
I have not helped you much, the truth is that there is not much eitherMore, once you have enough "filming" is the same as the old ones, wonderful.Without much effort, hemo always below 7, without great fluctuations, since you can anticipate 40 and 300. The postprandial measurements, the thousand measurements at the time of physical exercise, which I am going to tell you are finished.As a mother gives a peace of mind that is priceless, although because of the lack of accessibility (remote control, more discreet alarms) children bassoon a lot.As my son says because you can't change the alarm with music, let's go politons for the bomb hahaha!
If you have any concrete question, Prado, Velia or whoever wants, ask me, I don't think about telling you about the meter.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
01/20/2012 6 p.m.

Thanks Mornita, for answering .... We already talked on the phone to clarify some things about insertion.
The issue is that this last sensor, once spontaneously it became working, has gone, well, let's say more or less well, but of course or joke, just like with the soft ...
How many calibrations do you do and how?of a climb, when it is stable after a descent, and then when it is stable and agrees that I measure it .....
Worst of all, my distrust right now, does not allow me to stop doing any of the controls .... a shame.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/22/2012 8:07 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Good night,

We use the Enlite sensor, we find two types of readings that of the morning and that of the rest, with this sensor the morning glycemia does not hit them or by far, those of the rest of the day have a reading with a small error, theReason, I think it can be the calibration before dinner that has crossed 3-4 hours ago.
I want to do a small study of the historic that we have to see if I find a little while and take out any conclusion.
We with the soft experience was not good, both in insertion and in the results.

Martina's profile photo
Martina
01/24/2012 5:02 p.m.

Hello:
I have the Dexcom meter and comparing it with that of Medtronic and although none of the 2 are reliable I opt for that of Dexcom.I have been using since March and sometimes it goes crazy and gives results that differ quite a lot from reality, some measure you quite well and others do not.I already have experience and more of the arrows than the results, the descents are right and the high results may be 50-80 or more differences.I keep it 10-14 days until I squeeze it to the fullest and I always make hair glychemics since at the beginning to trust him and not make me capillary glycemia I corrected me more than the account and I hardly tell it.Dexcom's does not take off, it endures better, I think it is a bit more reliable and in very thin people and with little fat does not give very reliable results to me does not measure me well in belly or in buttock I just put it in hipAnd sometimes it measures well and sometimes not and because I give me an abnormal result I still use it since maybe the next day it measures better.If their glycemia are stable quite a lot in the values ​​and in high peaks it triggers.When I go down, I do not pay much attention to it and it is usually corrected alone.

yaiza's profile photo
yaiza
01/25/2012 3:12 a.m.

hello:
I have the Dexcom meter and comparing it with that of Medtronic and although none of the 2 are reliable I opt for that of Dexcom.I have been using since March and sometimes it goes crazy and gives results that differ quite a lot from reality, some measure you quite well and others do not.I already have experience and more of the arrows than the results, the descents are right and the high results may be 50-80 or more differences.I keep it 10-14 days until I squeeze it to the fullest and I always make hair glychemics since at the beginning to trust him and not make me capillary glycemia I corrected me more than the account and I hardly tell it.Dexcom's does not take off, it endures better, I think it is a bit more reliable and in very thin people and with little fat does not give very reliable results to me does not measure me well in belly or in buttock I just put it in hipAnd sometimes it measures well and sometimes not and because I give me an abnormal result I still use it since maybe the next day it measures better.If their glycemia are stable quite a lot in the values ​​and in high peaks it triggers.When I go down, I do not pay much attention to it and it is usually corrected alone.

A single paragraph and you have completely disappointed me ... :)) :)) :))
I thought they were better.

But I see that they are still very green.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/25/2012 3:16 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Hello,
Well, I am doing very well, I am surprised how precise it is ... except in the hypoglycemia that exaggerates (I think it is done to want) if you are 55 the gossip marks you 40 and when it is a very high hypoglycemia too... if it marks 350 can be perfectly at 280. But for example today, I have risen to 67 (capillary blood glucose) and the Dexcom marked 69. After breakfast, I don't know why I have gotten a lot.The Dexcom marked 208 and as I did not expect it, I have looked at the hair glycemia and it was at 211 ... (for these cases they are for those who are going well the continuous meter, but I would have taken it, I planted me at the food with 210 and 4hours with glycemia maintained at that value)
With the previous sensor if I marked me fatally, say that I was at 180 and really be at 110 (that one is to correct and another to leave it calm), but the glucometer began to fail me in a catastrophic way (say it was 400, theDexcom to 150 and do another blood glucose and be at 250, do another and be at 180 all at the same time) and those of Roche had to change.Maybe the calibrations were incorrect and that's why he went a little crazy ...

tica's profile photo
tica
01/25/2012 4:14 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

We usually have it very tight, as long as we have made some good calibrations.Normally we calibrate about 2-3 times a day, if the meter is disrupted we try to do more to see if it is composed.When is it better?Well, when glycemia are at normal levels, between 70-80 and 160 from there the meter has notable deviations.When we put my son the meter I found for the cybermundos a study of an Austrian engineer where he explained how the continuous meter worked, the calibrations and because it was important to calibrate at the right time.Among other things, he said that if you calibrated with hypoglycemia the meter was diverted down, that is, it would be up the low but not the high glycemia, it would measure down, but the most dangerous thing was to calibrate with hyperglycemia because both rising and the rise andLow, you would actually be lower or higher than the meter marks, all with graphics and a technical explanation in conditions not the one I have given you now.It is assumed that literal sensors are improved to be more reliable with low glycemia, not in vain the paradigm I see has the hypo suspension, but I think so fine go that they go unstable.
When the glycems get out of rank, the meter differs a lot from the glucometer, it is as ethics, it can put you less than 40 and have 52, or 270 and two arrows and be at 190. That must be taken into account and notCreate false expectations, the meter is the panacea, it is not me click and hala!To look at the screw, not one day ...
But it is the best tool that currently exists together with the pump to have diabetes under control without much effort, for a small child it is the difference between having black punches of punctures and simply looking at the screen to control during physical exerciseFor example.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
01/25/2012 2:31 p.m.

I would like to know if you have managed to solve the meter problem.My son is diabetic and he is 2 years and a half and I don't know if he puts it on, I have a medtronic bomb but it is still unstable, the doctor does not advise me

antonio bo's profile photo
antonio bo
02/04/2012 7:15 a.m.

Antonio, use the Dexcom (another continuous meter) and it works very well, the only problem, the price.
I think Medtronic provides the system to try it, at least they offered it to me, but as a pump Roche use in the end I did not try it.
Many times I have spoken to my mother, I wish I had it when I was little, if you have the option to try it/put on the I would not think about it

tica's profile photo
tica
02/04/2012 9:44 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Thanks for the information.Medtronic's connects to the pump and my child would take away an device, but it seems that it is not reliable.I don't understand why endo does not advise me.The last Hemo was 9.5.And it seems very high.My wife doesn't like another puncture, but now bad hemo and we wake up 4 or 5 times every night.

antonio bo
02/04/2012 5:06 p.m.

Antonio, the continuous meter has his what ... need to invest some time until you do well to its operation, and especially if it is a child, who has to be time outside the parents ... Apart from that, still, stillThere is some ignorance about the subject, there are not many users of these devices, and there are not many endorsers involved in this issue, so between some things and others, the house to sweep ... my daughter also has been with a few months withWe have 8, HEMS again scored absolutely everything in a newspaper, to see if we get stabilize ... to have a 9.5 hemo I suppose you will have many Hyper High periods, but if you say that you mediate a lot, it isRare to keep the hyper for a long time ... What do you think makes it like this?

And we continue with the X files ... They sent us from Medtronic some new sensors to try, and they told us that at night and given the place where the transmitter is placed (on the back a little above the waist),The sensor was not hydrated due to the lack of movement:-/, they also advised us to make less calibrations than we did (as Mornita says, it is quite different from the old sensors).The funny thing is that this insertion area where Angela takes it is one of those advised and tested by them ...Going to sleep began to score hypos and thus has Toooda the night.At dawn it began to work almost perfectly, and the same for this last night, again Enterita has been marking values ​​of less than 40 .... at 8, after calibration, he has returned to life again.

And now what?

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/05/2012 5:37 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Thanks Velia
We write it all in the newspaper.I think it's fear at night.We put very little insulin, 8 units per day and very easily we can have low, it does not give symptoms and says nothing then the fear makes it stop.It also has an inexplicable climb from 9 pm to 24 hours, which we do not know how to control and makes this stop at night, if we correct a lot of descent and if not high, many times we are so tired that we can no longer.
I hope you fix the sensor because so it is not very useful, I do not think you are an isolated case, something is failing.I use Medtronic Bomb but if you don't give good medications I don't fix anything, does anyone do well?Who can help.

antonio bo
02/05/2012 7:13 a.m.

Antonio, I understand about fear, I have also happened and EpsMinilink, takes a while to get the most out of it, but if there is something for what serves unlike injections, it is for the uploads those repeated and located in time, why don't you know how to control it?Maybe you need more basal insulin from 8.30 to 23.30, I know that in young children at that time more insulin is required ... why don't you expose your doubts in the parents' thread?Moms have passed with little children like yours, who have a lot of experience ... Surely we can give you a handle ... and if you want us to talk for TFNO.Send me a private and I spend my number.
Greetings, and a lot of encouragement.

With respect to the minilink, uffff, catastrophic, I laugh for not crying ... the next I will try to put it in the gut, and I say try because it refuses in resounding ... and it is my only hope, because in theArm that some kids carry it says that neither flowers, apart in Medtronic they told us that they had not tried effectiveness in the area ....

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/06/2012 4:20 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hi Velia:
More or less they have already explained it to you, but in case it serves you: I at first had many problems, I did not sleep at night for all the alarms it has and because it was not accurate.You have to always calibrate it in stability (without arrows) but also when it is between 80 and 140. I make 3 calibrations: breakfast, food and dinner but if I am not stable at food time, I do not do it.

Another thing, goes crazy from that there are very high levels, so if I have been very high in any post, I make one more measurement to see if it has really lowered me as the meter says, because maybe it marks 150 but I really have220 and opened to put a bolus.

And finally, I also have the Enlite: if you give 3 times, the state of the sensor appears.Well look where it puts "isig sensor": it must be above 10 and this tells you that it is wet by the interstitial fluid, when there is little low life of 10 and no longer measures well.
I hope I have helped you.

Pepita's profile photo
Pepita
02/06/2012 5:09 a.m.

Thank you very much Pepita !!!Those recommendations that you give me are the ones I am carrying out ... caliber 3 times, when it is stable and in Normaglycemia ... the ISIG is also inside the range, so I do not have the most remote idea of ​​what happens .... yesterday went from breakfast to the night that we restart the sensor with a straight line above 400: shock:, let's go, as if to make decisions, hahahaha .... Luckily we have taken away all the alarms...Ya he is put by my stubbornness, I want to get to the end: D ...Lambdalina To place the next one in the abdominal zone, I have convinced it, we have to burn the last cartridge ... I will tell.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/07/2012 4:41 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

And what does Medtronic tell you?Any reason will have to give you no?

tica's profile photo
tica
02/07/2012 4:47 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Come see if we get the continuous meter among all, these posts are very important, reading the experiences of other users is what has helped us the most, without removing merit from Medtronic but they are limited to the technical part and theDaily practice is another story.My son has been (recently completed) from four years (recently), there are already more than two years of experience with the continuous meter, I'm not going to lie to you at the beginning more work than before, I did not get tired of repeating it, the meterContinuous it does not consist of me clicking the sensor and it is already, at all, if someone goes with those expectations that the money is not spent.Like the pump, you have to have a certain filming before you can trust the sensor and still sometimes you hit it.Another fundamental ingredient that the continuous meter needs is ... tranquility, you cannot run to "solve" any high or low forest because to start what you see on the screen corresponds to blood glucose (which says the sensor you have) about four ago about four-seis minutes.When you put up with two arrows you will have to endure the impotence of seeing, that does not stop until you reach the high figure to which you are, it will depend on the active insulin you have, it will stop before or later, it is useless to blind you to put insulin without control, you will only get a roller mountain or nothing if it is a problem of the infusion team.For a hypo it is more useful you can treat it immediately, but once more peace of mind, since glucose takes longer to reach the interstitial fluid, you will probably be tracing and the sensor will tell you that you continue to go down (remember the delay)The 15 -minute rule, and when you are a rookie with the meter always check in blood before administering insulin or treating a hypo, thus learning the behavior of the sensor, the difference with the glucometer, the ISIG corresponding to blood glucose,Come on, you are taking confidence from respect hehe.
I hope I have helped you, I would put it to a two -year -old boy, but each person is a world, I don't know how you are, at first, you casie that you feel worse than before.The nights, there is everything, not to put the meter you go to sleep, the night that the alarms do not sound, but the one that is the fair of the fair you will want to take a hammer and burst it.Still you can take away the alarms, mark higher limits for the night, in that aspect it can be modified.I have everything, because I have the technology, I take advantage of it, but there are horrible nights I will not deny you.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
02/07/2012 5:37 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.