Many problems with continuous meter

Velia's profile photo   01/20/2012 4:32 a.m.

Sensor inserted in the arm, we always put it in the arms and work perfectly, I have tried other areas and we have not noticed any difference for better and the child bothers more.In the arm it is very comfortable for the summer with a neoprene bracelet above can bathe without any problem.
Velia, you'll tell.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
02/07/2012 6:06 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Lumbar zone sensor, for the child it was more uncomfortable, it bothered him and it is more difficult.Although Medtronic I do not recommend insertion into the arm because they have not tested the sensor in that area.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
02/07/2012 6:20 a.m.

It is not to make Dexcom propaganda (who has read one of my post I am quite critical of Novolab) but I am very surprised what you tell about the Medtronic.The Dexcom calibrates it when you want, the trend of sugar does not matter (it is better not to calibrate it at 300 ...) the sensors begin to do strange things within two weeks.A low percent does not go as fine as it should, but nothing similar to what you tell
Looking for comparatives online I have found this (Google's first link)

It is in English, all who have tried both, stay with Dexcom even if they have the Medtronic Pump ... (the stick they put is as the information shows)

tica's profile photo
tica
02/07/2012 6:25 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Tica, the problem is the sensors, although we have no problems, because my son is always more or less within the range, we review the basal sections practically every week, it carries all the activated alarms, we are always with him etc.The ancient (soft-sensor) were much better, but we are going to the difference in size.Medtronic will have to put the batteries although for now it is the company that has an integrated sensor and bomb, the rest are promises but little more, it is supposed that you encourage Vibe (Animas and Dexcom) was already in the market, yes, where?That and that you encourage in Spain carries it ... cross out!THE VIDEOLAB (you already understand me)

mornita's profile photo
mornita
02/07/2012 6:49 a.m.

Tica, Medtronic replied that the first 3 sensors we had used were poorly calibrated, we had made more calibrations than we should (we had acted the same as with the other sensors, and it seems that they have a different functioning).Besides, he told us about the insertion zone (advised by them), which at night and for the lack of movement (no, if you seem to spend the night dancing the lambada :)) :))), theSensor:-/:-/ (Coñia, because I do not recommend that area, I say) .... that's why I want to try in the abdomen (the arm, brunette, for now I think we leave it, he says that we can't even put usThat ... however I will teach you the photos), to see if the subject is fixed so, and that is, a matter of the area.
Mornita, I have been a firm defender of Minilink, you know that Juan Luis has used him many years and Angela also a good time to take stock ... those worked for me perfectly, while Angela would not sweat, of course.
Now the mess comes ... When the Enlite came out, Juan Luis tested 3, 2 worked perfectly and 1 could not be tested because a wave ripped off the transmitter ... He took them in the abdomen and since nobody had told him anythingOf calibrations and others, and they gave them to us without instructions, he calibrated them like the anti guos, following the same protocol as with the old sensors (so do not tell me milongas that you have to calibrate less, and Patatin Patatán).
With Ángela, we are surprised by the insertion, practically indolor, so I deduce the needle can be too short and little that the area is not too good, it is not to get to reach the interstitial fluid ... but of course, this is a reasoning of minebased on nothingness.: Oops :: oops:, but the efficacy, today, after 5 sensors put is null .... the alarms have them removed, logically, because measuring measures fatal, come on, that yesterday the highest value thanHe had a post of 190 and spent 6 hours measuring values ​​greater than 400, and all night marking less than 40 ... come on, what was needed after the fatigue I have on top of it, having to hear the alarms and theDamn vibrator every little time ...
Anyway, what I want is that this sensor runs out and see how the other works in the abdomen and send the graphs again to Medtronic, to see what they answer ...
And please, if someone happens to Go, I would appreciate it to tell you ... Sometimes it is the only way they pay attention to you.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/07/2012 7:01 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Ahhh, and if you can't calibrate so much, why arene there is automatic calibration? ... Thank God we made accounts that we had it activated and after 2 calibrations (fortunately good) we could deactivate the option.

Tica, in our hospital they only have that of Medtronic, and buying it I do not think it is a good time ... Angela is very reticent, only if their glycemias are not stabilized we would have to raise the investment ...

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/07/2012 7:26 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Velia, there are many more people (Medtronic knows), in fact I think we must be one of the few who are doing half well with the Enlite.You do very well to send the graphs to Medtronic, also look at the data table there appears the ISIG and the jumps that it sometimes gives.
I do not know who said before the ISIG below 10 is that it no longer works, by our experience, yes and no.In my son, a full performance sensor with an ISIG below 10 corresponds to a hypo of 50 or less.In the last days of the sensor (6+x) if the ISIG is low, and if the child is inside, between 70-150, it can work but if it is about that range, suspend the pump etc.A better disaster to remove it.But it has also happened to us that suddenly the ISIG "falls", I think this is what Velia tells, and sometimes recovers again and sometimes not.
I think we will have to see until the Enlite goes out to the USA market, there will be all.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
02/07/2012 8:55 a.m.

I want to thank Mornita and Velia this thread ... is spectacular.

I don't know if you realize the greatness and wealth of your comments.In addition, little by that you will dive through the network you will barely find such detailed information, not even in specialized portals.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/08/2012 12:06 p.m.

Thanks Owash;), that's what it's not about? ... I have always thought that writing in a forum has to have a fundamental objective and the experience is very important.

We continued ... After the first 2 or three catastrophic days of the second, we started a sensor, new sensor, and surprisingly "woke up", hey, and woke up with desire, because the next 3 days we have calibrated 2 times/day and the measurementsThey have been, perfect !!!We have remembered the times of the ancient sensors, what a wonder to anticipate the descents, to the ups ... we have not saved any main control (pre/post), the oven is not for buns, at least until we lower the hemo,But I don't know, I'm happy.

We will continue testing.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/10/2012 6:20 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Thanks to you Owash: d.Velia I'm glad it worked well, in the end have you changed insertion?To us the latter is working better now after seven days than the first three or four, I did not trust to re -teach it, but I think we fold the duration, Bieen: Mrgreen:

mornita's profile photo
mornita
02/11/2012 10:11 a.m.

Hello,

Do you get the sensor for more than 7 days?No, how do you do it?

Martina's profile photo
Martina
02/11/2012 3:31 p.m.

Martina, I do not know with these sensors, it will answer you Mornita ... with the ancients what we did was remove the transmitter (without the sensor), put it to load and put it again like again ... Angela workedWell ever, but Juan Luis took a few more days, several times.To try, whenever the area is not infected, nothing is lost.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/12/2012 5:40 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Martina, what I do to use it more than 6 days is that when he says "End sensor" I give a sensor-& gt; new sensor and in a while I take it again thinking that it is new!Very easy!

Pepita's profile photo
Pepita
02/12/2012 4:28 p.m.

Pepita, and how many more days lasts for you?I think, that one of the causes so that they do not hold more is the duration of the transmitter battery, so put it to load.

Mornita, you wondered about the new area ... There has been no shape ... we were afraid and we put it back back (after all the last 4 days of the transmitter's life has been perfect) ... whichOur surprise at 2 hours of the beginning, which gives us a lost sensor, oh uy, how bad it smelled that, but hey, sometimes it happens .... yes, that luck we were going to have, to the 4th sensor alarmLost we removed the sensor and bingo, the needle should not have entered, it was complete, that next month goes on an excursion), after all it is having enough good control.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/15/2012 5:01 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Thank you,

Martina's profile photo
Martina
02/15/2012 10:18 a.m.

Well, after a few more attempts, I inform you that the Sensors Chutan: D, and Chutan but that very well ... we carry like 5 or 6 more sensors and of course it is a wonder ... I have recovered my confidence in the metercontinuous.Luckily, for God's !!!! ... now I am not sure if the first sensors were defective, or that we calibrated them badly, because it is very different, as Mornita said, the use of minilink with the newSensors literate that with the ancients ... to finish and for you to fall the slime :)) :)) Tell you that with 2-3 daily calibrations we are obtaining almost perfect measurements, come on, to adjust more the glucometer measurement toThe meter would be almost impossible.
Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/13/2012 5:59 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

: I am very happy, Velia.Do not discard the defective sensors, it has happened to us with those of a box, and how it is that they fail totally, you do not realize until the days go by, a roll, but well it is not usual to usIt has only happened to us once, called to the technical service and solved.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
04/13/2012 10:01 a.m.

I wanted to consult the following with respect to the MCG they are associated with the Medtronic Bomb, we calibrated it before dinner but the sensor indicative symbol was not fully green (it usually takes a little) but this time it did not get and at two hours it isThe almost empty symbol and I think it will be put in red, now it is in 90 and with a suspension before limiting low but I do not know what it happened as if we had not calibrated it, at the time of calibration the sensor 175 and theGlucometer 174, to see if someone with experience could clarify this enigma.Thanks in advance.

pco's profile photo
pco
09/14/2016 1:24 a.m.

Someone happens that when changing a literal sensor does not start and when you are going to change it for another it turnsIt happens to us many times and we always place it the same.It is a mess because you wait 2 hours to start and in the end you have to change it and start again.I would like to know if someone else has this problem.

pco's profile photo
pco
01/19/2017 6:52 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.