{'en': 'What do you think of the cure?Will it arrive?', 'es': '¿Que opinais de la cura? ¿Llegará?'} Image

What do you think of the cure?Will it arrive?

vicente's profile photo   09/26/2008 12:58 p.m.

I would like to know the opinion of you of how you see it and if your endocrine informed you about whether we will see the cure of diabetes, do you think we will see the cure one day?

Thanks and greetings

vicente's profile photo
vicente
09/26/2008 12:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It is a question that I ask in general to this forum to see what you think, and also to see what your endocrine comments on you, we go if they have told you something as professionals or all the information of possible priests that appear on the Internet are morewell false spectative.

Thank you all and greetings.

vicente's profile photo
vicente
09/27/2008 8:25 a.m.

Hi Vicente, I do not even think, or dream of the healing of diabetes.If you are investigating and one day they give us the news, because that, that oéoéoéoé ... but meanwhile, I inform myself and learn from everything I can, and I apply it so that my daughter has a better life, trying not to lose energy, what a good fault makes me, in everything that sounds intangible to me.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
09/28/2008 7:28 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Mutis for the forum never better, nobody knows anything or I don't know what happens that you don't want to comment, although I fear that we are all for the style with a lot of noise but with few nuts.

Greetings to all.

vicente's profile photo
vicente
10/02/2008 4:56 p.m.

Hi Vicente:
As Velia says, we cannot be thinking that the cure will come.Someday, God knows when, he will have to come.Medicine evolves and within X years diabetes will be a small passing complication that will be solved with an injection of beta cells or with a small intention where artificial islets or something similar will be implanted.
While this comes, the only thing that we can do by the parents of diabetic children is to learn and help them day by day without creating false hopes.My daughter who is 7 years old and debuted with 4 already wonders from time to time can be cured.The last thing I would do would be lying with the possible miraculous cure.What I do is talk to him as I am telling you and trying to realize that he has to take great care so that when that day comes, his body is in the best conditions to start his new life, which of course will be something wonderful,Because our little ones are very special and I think everyone will be very important in their life.
This is what I think from my type 3 diabetic perspective, that is, the essential support for a type 1.
Type 2 will see it from another point, since they have more or less enjoyed a normal life.
As I think the majority think, that's why the mutis.We have thought about it and commented so many times that ...
:?:?Greetings.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/02/2008 6:02 p.m.

Let's see, Vicente, I don't understand that of noise and few nuts.

To begin with, some are more than tired of always hearing that canteen of "do not worry, that your child will see the cure, which will arrive in 5 or 10 years"

And it's false, you know why?Because diabetes, at least type 1, is autoimmune, and what is investigated is not self -immunity.
And if you dedicate yourself to fixing punctured wheels without removing the cloves from the road, you will advance little.

In this forum we do not usually talk about that (although there is no inconvenience), but about how to get better the disease.We count our experiences, our tricks, we raise doubts, we help in what we can ... but we do not expect miracles.

What we do some (or many) is not sitting waiting for that cure to rain from heaven, and we move, each within its possibilities, to achieve the best possible quality of life for the diabetic.
Thus, some move in associations, fighting for the driving license, or why there are nurses in schools.
Others move in legal land, to fight labor discrimination.
Some more lend themselves as guinea pigs to try different medications or devices in their meats.
And we are also a few trying not to stop certain investigations, when not clicking directly to shift certain rear.

No, Vicente, it doesn't seem good to me that you get offended by insinuating that nobody is interested or moves.What happens here is that no one believes in miracles of priests who will come from God where, and that we believe rather in the grain of sand that each can contribute.
And believe me, some of us leave the forces, the struggles, the money and the time to try an improvement, of the guy, for all the diabetics.

As my husband says when asked if he needs to be inspired to paint: "When the inspiration arrives, I get working on"

Greetings

DiabetesForo
10/03/2008 7:45 a.m.

Hello everyone, first of all my intention was not to bother anyone, my intention was to know your opinion of what the endocrine and the news you have.And I did not say it because you did not move in terms of the disease, but because I get the attention that there were almost no response.

Thank you so much.

vicente's profile photo
vicente
10/03/2008 11:27 a.m.

Nothing happens, Vicente.
You participate, tell us if you are diabetic or a relative ...
Anyway, we are here to lend one hand to each other.

Greetings

DiabetesForo
10/03/2008 1:28 p.m.

Hello Alea, unfortunately if I am diabetic but type 3 since I have two diabetic daughters therefore do not believe that we fall asleep in the laurels, but we do not want to lose hope that one day they will heal our daughters,
Although now we put all our efforts to bring them well that it is our mission and our duty as parents.

Greetings for you.

Andrea 12 years old glycosada 6.9 injections, diet and sport

Eva 7 years old glycosada 7.1 injections, diet and sport

vicente's profile photo
vicente
10/03/2008 4:38 p.m.

Hi Vicente:
I just spent a chill throughout my body.:?:?:?I was reading the forum answers and when I read yours, I read what my great fear is, so many times in my head.
I also have 2 girls, Maria, 7 who debut with 4 and Marta, 12 who does not suffer from any disease.
How many times I would have gone through my head and I have commented with my wife the subject, "you imagine that Marta too ...", what madness, or imagine it.
Today when reading you, I saw myself in the place.You have to be very strong, you look very motivated, I like that aptitude.
Now I can understand your desire to know if the cure will come, twice as much as any of us.
Get through the thread of parents in search of someone from ...
Surely you have a lot to contribute and share.
A hug.

DiabetesForo
10/04/2008 4:24 p.m.

Hi Jose, I think we have to have hope and be very strong and help them to learn to get as much as possible.

And even if you have two daughters do not worry, they don't have to take it both, although we are sometimes asking if our third daughter also takes it since we have another 4 -year -old daughter.

Also tell you that my 7 -year -old daughter in addition to diabetics is celiac, and that the two debuted in 2007, three months apart.Imagine was Durisimo.

Well Jose I don't want to scare you anymore, after all, I think it is worth the fight that they are a amooooor.Greetings and strength.

vicente's profile photo
vicente
10/04/2008 7:35 p.m.

I met the case of a mother that her 3 boys (2 girls and a boy, I think they remember) suffered diabetes :?The 3 debuted at different ages.

But I also know the case of twins in which one has diabetes and the other does not.

Type 1 diabetes, in addition to being very young in their research (it does not reach 90 years: Bantin, Best), is a great unknown.

It is unknown in its causes (immune, yes, but why and because of what).

And it is unknown in their behavior, nobody is still right to explain the complete functioning of the pancreas stem cells.
Without this, it is very difficult to find a cure ... although if we look a little the history of scientific achievements we will see that it is full of unexpected coincidences and facts.

For everything else ... what Alea has said.: P

DiabetesForo
10/05/2008 3:17 a.m.

Good morning.

Vicente, I am also the mother of a diabetic girl, who debuted with 8 years and now has 14.
I have two other children, older than her, and healthy, but that fear is always, that either can become diabetic.

What happens is that I do not usually stop to think about fears, because they can also have an accident, or any other setback, and it is absurd to be worried if you cannot do anything to avoid it.Of course, afternoon in the afternoon, and out of curiosity, their sister makes some control.

Stop for the "parents" thread, that we are a few and we have experiences (in addition to what you can contribute) for all tastes.For example, my daughter is the greatest exponent in the forum of all transgressions that a diabetic can make in adolescence and scares that can give us to certain ages.

Greetings.

DiabetesForo
10/05/2008 9:02 a.m.

Hi Vicente,
I arrive a little late to give you my answer, I do not think that the lack of them has been for not commenting, rather than almost all of us who are here we have little time and I think that most of us enter the thread of parents to tell our concernsor problems and we go out by whistling again.
I agree with the rest, I have never stopped to think about a cure, in this I am quite pessimistic although I do not close that thread of hope.I am not because of a whim, I think it is very clear that in all these matters many economic interests move, the world moves for money and this I do not think it will be an exception, until perhaps the matter is overflowing and putting themselvesThe batteries.Until then we will have to continue sticking with the rest of the world to get some strips or simply insulin, so necessary or for a better quality of life, of course.
Much encouragement and my admiration also for being another father courage.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
10/13/2008 8:41 p.m.

Hi Beki very strong greetings I send you this news so that we are a chance of waiting

A kiss to your little princess, it will be a bombon sure yes.

vicente's profile photo
vicente
10/14/2008 4:38 p.m.

Vicente, that news is hopeful, especially coming from who's coming.
Jesús Otero is, today, someone very involved in this issue and, for what I know, very valid.
I do not know him in person, although I do not think that much late, because, although the Central Hospital of Asturias (HUCA) is huge, he has a very close relationship with another researcher I know closely.

I will inform me, to be possible first hand, how the theme of those transplants is going,

Thanks for the link.

Greetings

DiabetesForo
10/16/2008 2:35 p.m.

Hello Vicente, that I am going to tell you that they have not already told you ... I know that hope is the last thing that is lost, but I do not even want to live in a cloud, I know that they would not find anything, since when the exit theDiabetes and still nothing ...
On the other hand in Celiaquia they are moving sky and earth, since it is seen in forums, and it tells you one that has a 3 year old diabetic celiac girl
all the best

dulce's profile photo
dulce
10/16/2008 5:53 p.m.

I believe that the cure will arrive someday, now, I don't know if it will be in 3, 5, 10, 50 or more than 100 years, but I am convinced that it will arrive, as in the case of so many other diseases that theHumanity, although honestly, I have no hope of getting to see it, since I have diabetes that follow the studies that are published continuously with possible priests, but I have not yet seen one that clearly advances in this regard.

fer's profile photo
fer
12/20/2016 1:18 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

You can see how the theme is here: Link

This phrase summarizes: "Summary: Currently there are noratments aimed at curing type-1 diabetes which are in phase-iii trials. This is the fourth year in a Row there Have Been no Phase-III Trials Underway" Demolian ...

Basically, there are still many years to have an available cure.

The closest is surely intelligent insulin and encapsulated beta cells, which are not a cure, but a radical change of life.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/20/2016 1:51 a.m.

I am satisfied with a radical change, such as functional encapsulated cells.But we hope that less than this thread in being re -updated (2008).

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
12/20/2016 11:12 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.