tobacco!

laurita_ajo's profile photo   09/23/2009 6:57 p.m.

Hiaassss I would like to know if smoking affects diabetics in some way ... each person tells me a different thing and I don't know who to pay attention to!

laurita_ajo's profile photo
laurita_ajo
09/23/2009 6:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Laurita, tobacco affects both diabetics and non -diabetics ... but if you are diabetic and want to have a good quality of life now and in the future, you have to try to have more or less healthy habits .... On the other hand, I, as an exfuster (Ufff, I already left it 11 years ago) I can assure you that it contributes nothing more than expense, discomfort and "dependence" ....
Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
09/24/2009 4:38 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Thanks Velia. I will try to leave it is not a vice for me either ...

laurita_ajo's profile photo
laurita_ajo
09/24/2009 9:21 a.m.

Tobacco does not affect your glycemia ... affect your lungs, your circulation, your pocket, your voice .....

How are I filing with arguments to finish leaving it ...

I was a two -packet smoker a day, now I am in ten cigarettes day, and I have to finish letting it in short.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
09/24/2009 11:08 a.m.

I learned that I had diabetes on August 5, I think I remember, I arrived home and released the pitillera at the lounge table, has a cigarette and will continue waiting for me, that day I stopped smoking, smoked package and a half of black tobacco, black tobacco,I never thought that I could make such a sharp and little meditated decision, I only thought that with diabetes it already had enough, that it affected circulation, the heart and that you had to get no more problems.

If you can do it, you don't think about it, smells, flavors are recovered.

Greetings

Nube's profile photo
Nube
09/24/2009 12:06 p.m.

Diagnosticada en Agosto del 2009, solicite la curva de glucosa, diabetes melitus II, actualmente tomo Jentadueto, dos al día. Glicosilada 6,4

Jolín, Cloud, that is having a will !!It seems that tobacco is granted the "power" of relaxing, right?And that when there are problems is when "you need" ... but no, to relax anything, rather the opposite ...
By the way, I don't know if I welcomed you, if not, welcome !!!
Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
09/25/2009 4:41 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

It is granted by many velia powers, including addiction, it is a drug like anyFirst days are the worst.

We'll see Velia here, thanks for your welcome.;)

Nube's profile photo
Nube
09/25/2009 11:12 a.m.

Diagnosticada en Agosto del 2009, solicite la curva de glucosa, diabetes melitus II, actualmente tomo Jentadueto, dos al día. Glicosilada 6,4

Three packages smoked, and I left it suddenly.
I am already on my way to the three years of former manner, and it is one of the decisions that I am glad to have taken.
Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/25/2009 12:16 p.m.

Women are heads and put a lot of will in our decisions, congratulations alea.

Greetings

Cloud

Nube's profile photo
Nube
09/28/2009 7:46 a.m.

Good, I stopped smoking 8 years ago, it is the best investment I have been able to do, both health (I have asthma and diabets) and for the economic part. That I have to convince is my husband, I am in it, toSee if between the baby and I get it.
So, I encourage you to quit! Laurita I hope the advice serves you.
By the way Alea, that well three years, I remember when you started leaving it ... Ufff, how long has spent beautiful, but brave bullfighter!:)

Samira's profile photo
Samira
09/30/2009 8:16 a.m.

Jo !!!Congratulations to everyone, you talk about quitting smoking that seems like it doesn't cost work and it seems to me ... very difficult !!!!I put you in the background, DM1 since 1999, bad glycemic controls, diabetic retinopathy in both eyes, necrosis in the left tibia, possible lactose intolerance (at the moment others work well).Smoker since 1992 (uffffffffffffff ... how long).I currently smoke a package a day (more or less).I have tried several times to quit smoking (I am aware of everything bad that tobacco is but I also recognize that I like smoking, I like to know, I like the smell that leaves in my hands, ... hahahahahahahaha -I read andI recognize my addiction-), but they have not worked, sometimes for not being convinced of wanting it and the last time I had it quite well with the gum, I had been without smoking for a month and a few days, when I took a loving disappointment andI threw tobacco like the one that is thrown into alcohol or other drugs.Now ... I want to quit smoking.I do not know if it is time because I am preparing some oppositions and I am quite nervous, I would take Valeriana or some of that but I am afraid of being sleepy and that the hours do not stop me;They just changed from Lantus to Levemir (I don't think it's justification);I feel that I am swollen (I blame the lantus), my endo tells me that it is mine obsession but the reality is that my pants do not get me from half my thigh and I am afraid to quit smoking and fat.
Any advice?Any help that works?I know that everything, or most, depends on oneself, but I do not want to have anxiety, or put on bad milk, or those things first because it will affect my sugar and second for me.
Thank you ;-)

Bianca's profile photo
Bianca
04/22/2010 4:46 p.m.

Well, I also smoke about 10 cigarettes a day, or more when I am nervous or left at night.I know it is a drug and that it is very bad.All I have done is reduce consumption and have forbidden smoking at times.For example, I have proven that if I smoke after breakfast, insulin takes a long time to take effect, so until two hours after breakfast I don't start with vice.
For the rest I have no willpower to leave it ...... very sad.

lola's profile photo
lola
04/24/2010 7:08 a.m.

The only advice I can give you to quit is that you choose one day and mentally.The difficult thing is to decide, not do it.
Once decided, ask for the doctor.I do not believe in patches, or in the gum, or in any of that.I think addiction is more psychological than physical.Therefore, the only help I asked was to recipe me anxiolytics, to avoid anxiety and ... bingo! Here I am, more than 3 years without smoking and feeling released.

Luck.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/24/2010 8:17 a.m.

I ta three and a half months ago, what happens is that I am now addicted to pipes but it will always be better ...

cabronias's profile photo
cabronias
04/25/2010 5:46 p.m.

Well, I already fulfill 5 months without fumarrr !!OLE and OLEEEE
I recognize that I remember a lot of tobacco but I think that with diabetes I have enough ..

I had tried a lot of times but I had never succeeded.
I advise you the book and the video of "It is easy to quit smoking if you know how", it gives you the last push to quit smoking.
There are medications that say they work and also help .. ah !!And Bach's flowers helped me (a natural remedy for anxiety, as well as Valerian).

A greeting.

veronica35's profile photo
veronica35
04/25/2010 7:06 p.m.

One more than quit smoking.It was this last December 28, and taking advantage of the fact that we were going to Madrid to spend the end of the year, and as a protest because they were going to ban smoking in the bars.I have not had problems, of any kind, I simply stopped smoking, and that's it.

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
04/26/2010 4:36 a.m.

If it is to read you ... it even seems easy and everything !!!Although ... just thinking about it, I get a burden !!!But it is determined ... I just need to fix the day !!!And ... Of course, there begins the problem .... Everyone seems too close temporarily, hahahahaha!If ... the thing is to put excuses.I know how harmful tobacco, I know that my lungs have to be black as coal, I know that my gasometries show the results of a silicose - so common in my homeland - and not of a 32 -year -old person, I know all that but I like smoking ... and that is the only thing I don't know, whyI like it.
Come go ... help me to choose a day to quit smoking ... Do not be too drastic and keep in mind that I need a little time to raise awareness, go ask my headmail for help, ...
Thank you!!!
P.S.It's more and ... if all forum diabetics are a common date?So step we will support ourselves and give ourselves strength !!!(I will create a new topic with the idea).
Muxus !!!

Bianca's profile photo
Bianca
04/29/2010 3:11 a.m.

Eye!

Tobacco is a perfect vasoconstrictor.It is not true that tobacco affects a diabetic person as a non -diabetic.For a diabetic smoker, they multiply, multiply, do not add up, the possibilities of suffering kidney, eye damage ... etc.That at the microvascular level and at the macrovascular level the same.It is believed that a diabetic cigarette affects the same as 6 in a non -diabetic one.
It is better not to add more firewood to the fire, than with our sugary friend we already have enough :(

ManuLC92's profile photo
ManuLC92
11/24/2010 2:57 p.m.

Hello
I am trying with the help of the smoking unit of the Hospital of Alicante.I have gone from 2 cajetillas to 10 cigarettes and now I am in 5. The ones that cost me the most were those after eating, but by surprise, those are already out (I do not smoke after meals something unpevened for me).I try to delay the maximum the first in the morning (11-12) is that I can't stand it anymore, and those I smoke are low in nicotine and only half cigar, when anxiety surpasses me.I know that until I leave it at all I cannot say that I have left it, but for now I think something I am getting.I hope to tell you shortly, that I am ex.

puri's profile photo
puri
11/25/2010 1:30 p.m.

Hello!
Tobacco affects a diabetic person more than a non -diabetic.Tobacco is one of the main risk factors for cardiovascular diseases (infarcts, angina, valvulopathies, poor circulation .... everything you can think of).
Diabetes is another risk factor for cardiovascular diseases, thusq if you are diabetic and smoke ... Well, the risk double that someone who is not.

By the way, I am studying nursing and I am doing practices in cardiology and ... more than half of the patients are diabetic.Of course, most type II;But I have also seen type I, as their fingers, legs have cut ...

My boyfriend stopped smoking suddenly and got it perfectly.I also believe that everything is psychological and having willpower every day

greetings!

María2542006's profile photo
María2542006
11/27/2010 10:49 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.