Today I am momentarily happy

HanSolo's profile photo   05/21/2012 12:06 p.m.

Yes, I am.By the way, hello everyone again.I am still on diabetic vacation, I am no longer president of anything, or participate in anything.I am disconnecting all a while.But I wanted to enter because I am super happy and I don't know who tells him that I can value me in his right measure the reason for my joy.And I know you will.

Today I have put the Continuous Guardian RT measurement sensor.Yes, it is testing.Yes, it will be one or two weeks.Yes, it is not mine, but of Medtronic, who has lent me (by the way, thank you).I know everything.But still, from this noon I know what it is to be able to see at all times how much sugar I have, and see my trends, notices for hip (I still have none) and all the enormous advantages offered by this device.

I'm going to be happy for a week.I will enjoy it.I will try to see what happens in my body when I don't look at myself (which is almost all day, nights included).I will try to learn and extract the maximum possible conclusions.And if there is luck, I will try to run to a country without extradition treaty with Spain so as not to have to return this wonder.Give me a continuous measurement sensor and I am happy.I don't need more.And now I have it, I am happy.

I wanted you to know.
I am happier than a worm.

When the end of the loan arrives, I will cry more than when Waldo, my dear and scholar Armadillo died.But I will overcome it.I may of the drink or deliver me completely to the robopilinguis in an ecstasy of carnal enjoyment.Or maybe I dedicate myself to wandering hospital in hospital looking among their garbage if perhaps they have thrown a Guardian or a Dexcom who have broken ... I don't know.But after taking it off, it is sure to say more force than ever ... I want a continuous meter !!!!

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
05/21/2012 12:06 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

:)) :)) :))
Expipe it to the maximum since you have to return it: ((and tell us the experience and if it is worth it that I imagine yes, of course ... hehe ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/21/2012 12:16 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Tell me all your sensations with the meter !!!I am very happy for your happiness and I hope you get all the benefit during these two weeks!

mpgp's profile photo
mpgp
05/21/2012 12:22 p.m.

: Mrgreen: :)): Mrgreen: :)): Mrgreen: :)): Mrgreen: :))

Congratulations ... happiness is never eternal.

The Forera Olguilla (we miss, especially its recipes), in its blog, it also explained its experience: <!.com.es/2012/04/meter-Continuous-glycose-medtronic.html "

From what I see, yours is much more satisfactory ... it must be because you do not carry a bomb;): Mrgreen:

DiabetesForo
05/21/2012 12:41 p.m.

Welcome to the club, Gondrullo: D ... Let's see if you are lucky and the system works well, then you will cry in the corners the day you have to leave it: D .... I already tell you in advance that 2 weeks is veryLittle time to catch her taste, especially if it happens to you, or like Olguilla (thanks Owash for the link), that our first 2 literal sensors (the new ones of the Guardian Sisstema) were painful ... yes, appearFrom there everything has gone quite well, we have relied on the meter ... advice, if one day for whatever reason, you notice an important difference during several measurements between the Guardian system and the glucometer (this goes Tb. For Olguilla, if I have time I will comment on your blog), I suppose that due to a bad calibration, on a couple of occasions we have straightened it again and it has worked perfectly with the option of "new sensor" "start sensor".

Well, Gondrullo, I don't want to tell you how this invention works with the pump on;)

Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/21/2012 1:43 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Velia

A total ignorant in diabetes and that does not hide it asks you a little thing, it is somewhat personal :?

How carrying the bomb and meter is hemo in 7.9?I ask for total ignorance.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
05/21/2012 5:17 p.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

I am very glad that you are happy for the Guardian if he is beautiful to the name, but a question, if they leave it as a test
What is it to buy it if you like it?or is it a hospital thing?Well, it doesn't matter what if you have to feel free with the apparatus on
If I had a job, I would not think about buying one, but since I have no ... then they say that money does not give happiness, !!!and a milk !!!

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
05/21/2012 5:55 p.m.

and

romevila's profile photo
romevila
05/21/2012 6:04 p.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

Very easy Romevila ... until a few months ago Angela's hemo was quite decent, let's say it varied between 6.4 and 7, that to be the age that is (14 now) was not bad ... ah, and withglycemic stability, that is, with absence of hypos and with few hyper ...Of the ancient sensors) Angela began to deny it ... as I commented, a few months ago (since the machines of measuring the capillary hem changed, and also coinciding with the use of the contour link glycometer, but without using the meterContinuous, his hemo began to rise, 8, to month 8.1, to month 7.9 and now waiting for the next one that will be in June and I hope it is already at its limit ... yes, we had to negotiate Lake andLanding with Angela, because he doesn't wantThe hemo is well can leave it and when it is high we will put it .... I do not know if I have explained.
However, having the meter is not like having a magical wand ... you need a time to analyze glycemia, graphics, make decisions, see what works ... Everything takes time, yes, it is a luxuryBeing able to opt for him, because when he works it is an absolute wonder.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/21/2012 6:15 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Congratulations Grondullo
Auqnue I have not spoken with you, I have read you a lot for the meter theme, in which I am collecting information, for my two -year -old boy.
I'm glad you can try it and I hope you can go very far with him and don't catch you, hehehe.
To us today the endo has told us that he has asked one to leave the child for a week.What's the animas brand, do you know it?
I wish I am putting it and seeing how, that would relax a little and I hope to be able to mortgage and put it ... the milk would be to take it both .... but ... or I have the lotus or rob a bank, and goAs are the banks or for those I assure me the shot!
Greetings

Van's profile photo
Van
05/21/2012 8:07 p.m.

Gondurulo, be careful to carry the continuous meter hooks: D the first times I stressed a little to wear the gossip all day, that if now he whistles, that if the difference with the measurement is more than 20, that if they now leave ???... But now the week that I do not take it, I am missing something ... and the worst are the nights !!!

They go, I guess they will put the Dexcom.They are different companies, but they must be related.A year ago those of Animas were going to take out an insulin bomb used by the Dexcom meter.Here in Spain, the two things have no Novalab.I am the one that I carry and has never given me as many problems as those commenting with that of Medtronic.All reviews make Dexcom better.Then if they put the Medtronic bomb it is very fair to put the Guardian because it is integrated with the bomb ....

tica's profile photo
tica
05/22/2012 3:44 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Thanks Tica
Right now I was looking at Novalab's page with the meter tutorial.
Is the needle very large?Is that my little one only weighs 11 kg ... and I am afraid of insertion!
Thank you very much

Van's profile photo
Van
05/22/2012 4:19 a.m.

They go, it hurts more than the bomb, but it depends a little on the day.For me the most comfortable place is the arm, I think that Dexcom only recommends the abdomen, but reading by American forums and with my experience, the best is arm-hombro (by pain and reliability).

If you are afraid that it hurts her, there was a mother in the forum (I don't remember who) who used Emla cream, is anesthetic.I use it for laser hair removal and it really works.You can ask the doctor to see if it is recommended for such young children.The pain is only during the puncture, then the first day maybe the area is a bit sensitive, but then as if you will carry anything.

Any doubt asks!

tica's profile photo
tica
05/22/2012 5:55 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

They go, I do not know him, but with that of Medonic we have used the 2 types of sensors ... the antíguo, had a considerable needle that entered obliquely, but those of now are much shorter, a few more long millimeters than the cannulaFrom the catheter ... Angela gets these new ones without anesthesia or anything (anesthesia has an inconvenience, and it is necessary to clean the area very well because it can make the dressing be clear ... Keep in mind).We insert it in the lumbar area, but here I have seen small children with him in the buttocks ... Mornita also puts it to his little arm, in fact there is a thread in which he put photos.

Gondurulo, how is the gossip?Do not be so scoundrel to get in our teeth long and then Ale, with that you are on diabetic vacation, start from Rositas;)

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/23/2012 6:45 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

A comparison between the Dexcom and the Medtronic System:

DiabetesForo
05/23/2012 2:38 p.m.

Thanks Owash
Very interesting link !!
Grondullo, how do you carry it?

Van's profile photo
Van
05/27/2012 6:38 p.m.

Well, enter to tell you that I put it on a Monday, and on Thursday that was starting to take off at the top.Not the sensor itself, but the additional adhesive they put in the hospital to prevent take -off.Well, on Friday after the gym, that additional adhesive was finished.I thought "well, I will hold it as I can until the following Monday with tape or whatever" ... but when I realized, the sensor had already left under the skin.Hala.And it was a Friday.So to wait.Yesterday I could not return to the hospital, and I have gone today.We have put another sensor.I will continue trying one more week.We have shaved a broader area than before, and with a better level of "hair removal", since I believe that (hair) is the cause of adhesives to take off.But what I do not understand is how Medtronic says that it is enough to put the adhesive that the sensor brings, because you see it absolutely precarious.And only when you place that second adhesive sheet that covers the entire set, gives the feeling that the promised week can endure.

For me the weak (very weak) point of the system is the sensor and its skin fixing system.I see it complicated to hold, difficult to endure the week ... and irritative.To me on Friday when I took off the sensor, he exposed me red brands that seem almost injured.They hurt a lot.So if this new sensor endures a week ... I don't know what will do me on the skin.A little disappointment on that subject, really.

For the rest, the device seems good.If you put the appropriate limits on Hipay (a rather high, minimum 100) to cover the time decala, it is very effective notaring you, especially at night.The measurements seem reliable (eye, I have read that someone compares the figures with the blood meter. That is a mistake, there is a lag of almost 15 minutes between the blood and the sensor) and the possibility of seeing the trend is withoutHe doubts his best virtue, because it allows us to act before things happen, anticipating events (in hiccups and hyper).

A Aurora2, who asked me about how I have achieved it, to say that in hospitals normally (at least here) they have units to measure patients, although they are the blind model of Medtronic, which only collects data like a holter and turns them afterof a week on the consultation of the consultation.But I dealt directly with Medtronic to lend me in Guardian RT, the full apparatus for the individual.If you are called and you show you interested, they will arrange an appointment with you to give it to you and see if you do to him.Llamals.

Anyway, that's what I tell.That at the moment, after this parenthesis of several days, I take the potter again.We will see what opinions I have at the end, although I already have a little formed opinion.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
05/29/2012 5:16 a.m.

For us that has always been the greatest inconvenience ... In fact, yesterday, after 5 magnificent days, with almost perfect results, after training went from 70 to 350 rising 50 in 50 ... come on, whatThe dressing had taken off and the sensor had moved ... unrecoverable.
What sticker do they put on you? Angela also had a fatal because she was irritated and chopped a lot.But now we have bought him from another brand and he is doing a lot better.
Let's see if it lasts 6 days.
I do not know if you mean me with comparing with hair glycemia ... we have removed the alarms of trends, come on, as Angela says what was needed (already for her it is an inconvenience that whistles her in class)... yes, we always check if you are going up or going down and how much as soon as we are guided around to make any decision ... apart from that when you are stable the differences are minimal ... Angela spends the nightsBetween 80 and 120 and rises and declines are so minimal that there is no lag of any type.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/29/2012 5:32 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

No, Montse.I have read a comment of Tica by saying that if the glycems do not match 20 mg.Like you get obsessed by.And that's why my comment said that this device does not work for the purpose of knowing your glycemia, because what it shows is history, not the present.But it is going very well to know where the shots are going to go in the next two hours.And that is very useful.

As for the adhesive they put me, it is like a transparent rectangle that covers the entire sensor and the emitter.And isolate it completely.It is moderately well stuck, although I think I couldn't stand the week because I still had hair.So today they have made me a more conscientious hair removal and I think it will endure.What I think will not endure is my skin.I still have marks like injuries of the irritation of the previous sensor.I will be able to draw conclusions after this new week, but I fear that I could not constantly carry that if I do not want to destroy my abdomen.With what I take care of it, that I don't even punctuate the insulin ... xDDDD

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
05/29/2012 6:38 a.m.

I know it carries delay, but I do trust the value shown by the Dexcom.When I have to put a bolus if I do an analysis, but if I see that I have been stable for x (and x it is not very large), sometimes, if I correct myself without analysis and very rarely (if notNever) I have been surprised.When the variation is large, I always check with capillary measure because there can be a variation of more than 50.

If the basal is well adjusted, the digestion made, there are no hormones, nor has it been exercised in the last hours, the algorithm to calculate the glycemia in real time is "perfect."The blood glucose that shows the device is not the blood glucose that is measuring at the time, it is the blood glucose that calculates that it is correct for that moment.I don't know if I explain ... simplifying the calculations:
For example, the meter measures 120 and the trend is horizontal, it estimates that current blood glucoseAnd that is what will show ... the problem of all this is whether there is an active insulin of the last Bolus or you have eaten something that the algorithm is annoyed.You have to learn to interpret the data and to know when the data shown by the sensor are incorrect because the sensor is beginning to fail or because there are variables that escapes the algorithm.

tica's profile photo
tica
05/29/2012 7:20 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.