Today I am momentarily happy

HanSolo's profile photo   05/21/2012 12:06 p.m.

I forgot ... for the problem that the dressing is taken, have you tried these wipes: Skin Tac Wipe?You give them before putting the dressing and they are a pass.If I do not find this a week a week, the sensor, but with the wipes up to three weeks without taking off a corner.
A box of 100 costs 20 euros

tica's profile photo
tica
05/29/2012 7:25 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

If the basal is well adjusted, the digestion made, there are no hormones giving bad or exercised in the last hours, the algorithm to calculate the glycemia in real time is "perfect".The blood glucose that shows the device is not the blood glucose that is measuring at the time, it is the blood glucose that calculates that it is correct for that moment.I don't know if I explain ... simplifying the calculations:
For example, the meter measures 120 and the trend is horizontal, it estimates that current blood glucoseAnd that is what will show ... the problem of all this is whether there is an active insulin of the last Bolus or you have eaten something that the algorithm is annoyed.You have to learn to interpret the data and to know when the data shown by the sensor are incorrect because the sensor is beginning to fail or because there are variables that escapes the algorithm.

I did not know that Dexcom shows is an estimate of current blood glucose from measurement: shock :: shock :: shock:

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
05/29/2012 11:02 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

I would not put the hand in the fire that I have said, but that is what the commercial told me and according to the documentation that I have found if so.
Surely if an engineer from Dexcom read my simplification of the algorithm would hang me from the thumbs ... For example, I think an important part of the calculation is to estimate the difference between the sensor reading and the real reading ...

tica's profile photo
tica
05/29/2012 11:17 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Gondrullo, I'm glad you finally tested the continuous meter.Let's see on the subject of several dressings and adhesives, we use hypafix, my son has atopic skin, toooodfur.Tomorrow I did a photo to the arm so you can see it, I explain me fatal so it will be the best.
Van, I think I asked about the pain of the sensor insertion, I use a little mouthp, nothing.That now that we used the Enlite because the soft were inhuman, when we nailed that harpon in my child's bracito, thankfully we have greatly improved.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
05/29/2012 6:30 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The photo

mornita's profile photo
mornita
05/30/2012 10:45 a.m.

Hello:
In case it serves to clarify something about the Dexcom algorithm.
These are the data of the 2nd cycle (between days 7 and 14) of my previous sensor (between 12 at night of 5/13/12 and 10 a.m. on 5/20/12), which was with theWhat better data I got, since I keep the data.I use an Opium XCEed meter and 13 more controls, (at 12 in the morning and at 12 at night) 9 were within 10%, as detailed below:
Date ----- Opium Value --- Dexcom value ---- value entered to the DEXCOM ------- Value Dexcom +10 min ---- Difference
5/13/12 ------- 88 ------------------------------------------------------(+6) 94 ----+8) 96 ------------------ 86
5/14/12 -------- 51 ---------------- 67 ----------------------------------- 55 ---------------------------- 45 ---------------------------- 16 --- 31.4 %
5/14/12 -------- 80 ----------------- 86 -------------------------------------------- 88 ------------------------------------------------------- 6 ---- 7.5 %
5/5/12 ------- 195 --------------- 252 -------------------------------------------------215 --------------------------- 189 --------------------------------57 ---- 29.2 %
5/5/12 ------------------------- 203 ------------------------------220 -------------------------- 197 --------------------------------- 2 ----- 1.0 %
5/16/12 -------- 63 ---------------- 63 ------------------------------------------------ 69 ----------------------------- 57 ------------------------------ 0 ---- 0.0 %
5/16/12 -------- 174 -------------- 166 --------------------------------190 --------------------------- 166 ----------------------------- 8 ---- 4.6 %
5/17/12 -------- 124 -------------- 132 -------------------------------136 --------------------------- 125 -------------------------------- 8 ---- 6.5 %
5/17/12 ------- 153 -------------- 146 -----------------------------166 -------------------------- 145 ------------------------------ 7 ---- 4.6 %
5/18/12 ------- 112 -------------- 131 ------------------------------------------------122 ------------------------- 112 --------------------------------------9 ---- 17.0 %
5/18/12 ------- 88 ---------------------------------------------------------------- 97 ----------------------------- 88 ------------------------- 2 ----- 2.3 %
5/19/12 -------- 64 ---------------- 65 --------------------------------------- 70 ---------------------------- 71 ------------------------- 1 ----- 1.6 %
5/19/12 ------- 222 --------------- 150 --------------------------------------------245 ------------------------------------------------------------72 --- 32.4 %
5/20/12 ------- 121 -------------- 133 --------------------------------------------------------------------133 --------------------------- 122 -------------------------------2 ---- 9.9 %

This only serves to compare the "frames" at a specific moment;The really important thing, as you pointed out, is the "movie" (if "Dulcinea" goes up or down);But as Owash points out in another thread, the meters have a 10%error margin, and I believe that the DEXCOM is almost always 10%below (-10%), I suppose that because they consider that the most important ones are more importanthypos.
Greetings

Lone's profile photo
Lone
05/30/2012 10:52 a.m.

Well, the day came.I must return to the hospital.

I put on a sensor that lasted only from Monday to Friday (Friday took off).And last Tuesday they gave me another that I must remove today.This morning the apparatus has told me "lost sensor", which looks like simply, my discount time is over, since theoretically it was yesterday when the sensor died "officially.

in the end.My conclusions are the following ...

It is wonderful (I insist, wonderful) to be able to see at all times what your glycemia is.That is not paid with money.And above all, I would highlight the psychological tranquility that provides even more than the clinical utility of knowing glycems.Knowing what you have before getting into a meeting, before entering the cinema, before (and during) your sports practice ... are things that generate such tranquility that makes it for a while, I even forget that I have diabetes.That for me is the main advantage of this device.Curiously ... My glycemias have been great.Which I am glad, because I see that my nights are descending and without scares.That during the mornings I remain at more than correct levels without exceeding 200, etc.That is, my diabetes is quite well controlled.I can stay calm in that aspect.Dog returning to the device, its greatest advantage is to predict, something we cannot do with a blood meter.Trends are the most useful of the device, especially for hypos and hyper.I don't care if your measurements are too reliable.The trend is real and allows me to act before it happens.That is his virtue.

That said, I would say that the main problem or handicap of this device is one: the sensor and its fixation.This is undoubtedly the great weak (very weak) point of the system.The form (or even luck) during its placement can make the difference between spending an awkward week or almost without noticing it.The first sensor that put myself bothered me from the beginning.If I pressed it a little I click me.It bothered me in my movements and sport.The skin irritated me in such a way that when I was removed, I had almost wound (not by the catheter, but the issuer).I was put in a place that caught me right at the height of the waist of certain pants, which made it tremendously uncomfortable.
The second sensor was completely different.I asked them to place it above to save the waist of the pants, and also avoid repeating in that tremendously sore and reddened area (the irritation of the area was bestial).They did so, and got higher.Well, nothing to do.The first thing we did, was to shave the area more (fundamental; the hair makes the adhesive take off), and the new sensor did not bother, allowed more body movement, I had better electrical readings and has not irritated me as much as the other (although althougha little yes).

That is, as Handicap, the sensor.The sensor-emitter set is too large, and its skin support is tremendously precarious.I think that at first glance, the DEXCOM offers better support (although at the expense of greater visibility).

And as an inconvenience, the receiver.The minimed pump housing is used.An inappropriate "wrapping", and above all, with a ridiculous and null resolution screen.The interface is tremendously coarse and obsolete, and the possibilities of accessing data or graphs are almost null except for the 4 time graphs that its soft gives you.Although fortunately, Paree that Medtronic will soon launch the guardian without a receiving unit, and will only consist of a soft to be installed on the phone and the sensor-emitter as until now.One less device to carry, and above all, a modern soft and with many more possibilities than the current one.

On the whole:

Pros:

- Huge psychological rest that it provides (something that had not taken into account a priori).
-The usefulness of the trends shown by the device, providing hyper and hypos.

Cons:

- Tough and obsolete interface.
- Scarce screen resolution and inappropriate for this type of device.
- Placement of the very variable sensor in terms of results.How it is placed depends that the sensor lasts or not and reliable readings.
- You have to set the sensor-emitter set with additional adhesives covering everything.If not, it takes off quickly.
- The area is quite irritated after the week of use.
- It's hard to think of carrying it permanently.Would excessively irritate the area.
- Very large emitter and hinders strong movements a bit (as in sport).
- In men (or hairy women) it demands to shave the area completely so that it does not take off.

Although the balance seems clearly against the device, it is not so, because the two advantages that I have shown are of such caliber that they individually have more weight than others cataloged as "against".Together, I think it is a wonderful device that has provided me with peace and security, something I did not have since it was not diabetic.But I don't know if I would be able to carry that stab continuously ... I think it is tremendously uncomfortable and irritating.And if the sender is improved and miniaturized and the receiver is replaced by a soft installed on an iPhone, the thing may change ... I don't know.Today, 2000 euros is a lot of money, but perhaps it is not the biggest brake for me, but the 60 week and wearing that awkward pegot in my beloved and overprotective gut ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
06/05/2012 5:09 a.m.

Gondrullo, how did you get it to try a few weeks?

I am very curious to try the Medtronic's, I have even considered changing ... the Dexcom receiver has failed again and the Medtronic sensors could get them a little cheaper.Apart from that I am desperate with the dexcom alarms fuzzles (I have read that they are much better of mm) and I wake up an average of 3 times at night (that when I hear them, that is another issue ...).If you are just at the limit if you upload one or lower one to whistle ... I do not understand how they can be so incompetent.Then there is the issue that is not compatible with paracetamol and now with pregnancy is the only thing I can take.And if I take a pill they are 6-8 hours without the potatoes for me

tica's profile photo
tica
06/05/2012 6:05 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Gondurulo, how did you get it to try a few weeks?

I am very curious to try the Medtronic's, I have even considered changing ... the Dexcom receiver has failed again and the Medtronic sensors could get them a little cheaper.Apart from that I am desperate with the dexcom alarms fuzzles (I have read that they are much better of mm) and I wake up an average of 3 times at night (that when I hear them, that is another issue ...).If you are just at the limit if you upload one or lower one to whistle ... I do not understand how they can be so incompetent.Then there is the issue that is not compatible with paracetamol and now with pregnancy is the only thing I can take.And if I take a pill they are 6-8 hours without the pot function

Tica, I don't know the Dexcom interface, but I have forgotten to say that at night, it has been a bit heavy, because I was whispered several times.There has been almost no night that I have not been.In the worst case, about seven times.And that destroys you the night.Because it demands that you turn it off.That if "upward trend" ... that if "you are high" ... that if "downward trend" ... or the eternal and repetitive alarm of "low signal", which has been unbearable continuously.I think you can establish other alarms for the night.I would do it without a doubt.That is, in that, the Guardian is the same as the Dexcom, and I imagine that these alarms are modifiable both in one device and in the other.

As for the substance interference in the measurement, I have given the device without a manual and I do not have the Guardian's technical card, so I do not tell you.

Finally, in relation to the loan, I talked to the Medtronic Representative of my area and without more.All facilities for your part.I think they work like this when there are someone interested;They lend you a device and test it.So simply, I would contact Medtronic so that the delegate of your area can be with you and put the device for a week.So you can compare with the Dexcom.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
06/05/2012 6:34 a.m.

Thanks for sharing the experience, Gondrullo

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/05/2012 2 p.m.

Hi Gondullo, thanks for sharing these experiences.
Personally I understand you perfectly, and I can tell you that I remember as if it were yesterday when I first put on Dexcom, they put it on me, explanations and when they start working, they give us a break in the clinic and we go out to take to takeA coffee on a terrace (I had a long time), because that half an hour of rest with my new dexcom did not stop laughing :)), I told my wife that I was already cured! And certainly it is.Of course my diabetes was very chunga (and I say mine because I am already tired of the "book" endocrine that we are all the same), so I was with 2 hypos a day guaranteed (nocturnal included) with their corresponding hyper beastial, hemoglobins above9 -to try to avoid those hypos, I always tried to be between 200 and 350 glucose -and with 10 strips a day -which now I realize that they are not worth at all -, etc., that I am going to tell you, almost 10 years with aQuality of life poor, ... and it was starting with Dexcom and in 1 week "it was cured": d.

This comes to the fact that the Dexcom and other continuous meters have been the greatest advance for a long time, who try to hide at all costs, when the reality is that the cost, when suppressing the use of strips, is not so much.

Del Medtronic, what I like least is the sensor system, a rigid needle I think is a source of discomfort, the dexcom, being a "hair", is integrated, you can move the area where you never have itYou will notice anything.In these 4 years, I have never had discomfort with any Dexcom sensor, if it cost me at the beginning to get the way to endure it 2 weeks, but I already have it very well controlled and perfect (I made a foam mold, since it was very much, and endures 15 days like the first).

As for the price, 60 euros per week, SOBFE 260-280 per month, little more cheaper than the Dexcom.What is the exact and real cost of the Medtronic, sensors, etc. that gave you?You have to shuffle all the options, of course, and the more competition the better.Real duration of sensors?Do they last 1 week or is it more?(Dexcom are 2 weeks in my case, always)

However, certainly the Dexcom should improve in alarm adjustments, levels of levels (because for example, the alert for decline cannot be put to more than 100, tremendous failure), have modes such as a mobile, sport, meeting, sleep, sleep,With specific alarms and adjustments (for example, and as tica comments, that if at night it hits you a rise of 2 arrows, because it does not pita up to x very high level, etc ...).

Gondurullo, I don't know if you have had the possibility of trying the Dexcom, surely you can (there are clinics that rent it, it can be a good option), but I of the Dexcom, with their shortcomings, I am delighted (in 4 years I have only failed me2 sensors, both replaced).
Now I tell you that after prob ar continuous measurement, returning to the strips seems to me that it evidences the absurdity of that measurement, the day I cannot afford the continuous meter, I will spend 20 reactive strips a day:

finger skewer and see 120 .... And?:?: What a absurd thing ... it doesn't tell me absolutely anything.Right now, 120 with two arrows up "asks me for an extra ration of insulin" because I will not be 200 and peak.120 With two arrows going down, I'm already taking me to take a fanta because in 15 minutes "I will ask for potatoes" with 70. That is what I mean, the measurements of the strips to me never told me anything, and now I know that they do not say it (soI had the hypos continuously, I could see 150 and at 15 minutes with 60).Although of course, I speak of my diabetes, I say again, there are happy people with yours and very controlled with the strips, which envy.

About money, I don't say anything, it's sad, but it's so.The SS should start paying these treatments to save (strips, better control and less expenseslater ...) and leave us pamplins of dogs that detect hypoglycemia and other "nonsense" (with all respect for animals).

If we get for example, that they finance 50% of the treatment, it would already be a great breakIt starts.I meanwhile I still withdraw my 10 daily strips that correspond to me (and sweat cost me at the time to get, discussions, etc).

But what is evident is that the previous step to the cure of diabetes is the continuous glucose measurement, or it seems to me.The greatest advance, without a doubt, for our lifestyle where we cannot do what we want, stress, etc ...

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
06/08/2012 1:09 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

By the way Gondurulo, do not lose sight of the belt

and the symphony

as alternatives that I hope to lower the prices of Dexcom and Guardian

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
06/08/2012 1:15 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Thank you grondullo for your explanation I will try in my hospital to have told me, to me that I tear my skin that does not care, while the device works ... hahaha

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
06/08/2012 1:56 p.m.

Pabloj200, totally agree with you.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
06/13/2012 5:22 a.m.

Hi Tica, you xplicas perfectly...And what envy of glyd !!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/24/2012 12:42 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.