For Prado ... and the rest: Run

Nacho_71's profile photo   12/18/2009 5:17 a.m.

Good morning Prado, that you usually run.

Do you use pulsemaker?What percentage of heart rate do you move?

I know that each one is a world, but it is for having references.

I do three days a week elliptical bicycle at home.40 minutes and move in the 60-70% FC strip.

And I'm going to run two or three days a week.Now I run 5 kms, but in this exercise I do shot in FC, and I move at 80-90% of FC.And I have my serious doubts that forcing the machine so much is good.For safe glycemia, because I go down, but I think I don't consume fat when I run.And already put, I would like to burn a few kilos that are left over, that there are not many, but still any left over.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
12/18/2009 5:17 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Nacho:
I do not use a grocery store, I used it for a while but I have not been carrying it for a long time, I want to buy one with more performance but they are quite expensive and I leave it: Mrgreen:
I run almost every day, three or four days I have an hour, about 8 km more or less and a couple of days thirty or forty minutes and then I do some toning and abdominals.My rhythm as you see is quite soft, if I force the machine I can't stand more than 40 minutes.If you want to burn fat you must do a soft but long aerobic exercise in time, between 60 or 70% of your maximum frequency is fine but you should increase the duration until it reaches an hour ... that is my experience: D

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/18/2009 7:22 a.m.

Thanks Prado.

The elliptical is fine, and in it I do move in 60-70% and I'm 40 minutes, I will continue expanding time.Although it is more boring.

Running is more fun, but I get with myself, and even if it starts soft, I go up the rhythm and end up in high heart frequencies.

Yesterday I did my first day of exercise in the morning (an hour of paddle) and took my first great conclusion.If I do morning exercise, I have to remove all the insulin from breakfast, if not, I go all day for the soils.

I have to keep knowing my body ...... How complicated and entertaining this tram: Mrgreen:

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
12/21/2009 2:47 a.m.

hahaha Nacho, if we never get bored.
On weekends I go to run or walk to the mountain in the morning and breakfast much more than daily and under the breakfast bolus in half if I do not manage to overcome the hypo until mid -afternoon: Mrgreen:.Now with the pump it is easier to adjust.
I also have an elliptical at home, in addition to running tape and sometimes I combine them, but as I like what I like most is running, and above all walking the mountain, it is more entertaining.

DiabetesForo
12/21/2009 3:27 a.m.

Hi Nacho !!

I have the same problem as you, I present myself first, I am a 25 -year -old girl, 1 year and 2 months ago that debuts, before being diabetics towards exercise, I go to the gym from Monday to Friday a hore average, when time improvesI run, but run on tape.
When I debuted, I was bought, I had never worried about the pulsations, with any other aerobic exercise, be it bike, elliptics, stairs, my pulsations are kept at 60-70%, as soon as I run my pulsations, they rise to the 80-90% of the maximum, I have enough resistance so I can throw myself running with those pulsations about 60 minutes and be fine, not noticTB and all the same.
This has scared me a little and after reading and reading I have reached a conclusion, do not weigh much of it, when doing aerobic we should be in 60-70% of the maximums, these pulsations are ideal to burn fat (I do not knowIf the diabetics work like this, since we tend to eliminate the blood sugar shes before) according to the theory with this at first we must pull glucose and then fat, so that it would not give us the downturn, when climbing pulsations 80-90% of the maximum, do not burn fat, glucose burning and subsequently the hepatic glycogen will be released, so what we get is to improve our physical performance, you train you to the maximum, so it will happen to you, you are comfortable in that frequency in that frequencycardiac and you are taking more and more resistance.
My problem is that by not having a pulsometer, I have accustomed my heart to train that heart rate and of course it is fine, but I do not burn fat and run the risk of hypoglycemia if not as in the exercise.
What I am doing now, I do not know very well if I do well or badly, is to re-educate my heart, to get used to it in a heart rate 60-70%, so I run almost anything, before I ran 5 days a week, andIf I start running, I run until I get on 155 pulsations, then I am quick until I get off, so I have been 2 weeks, I wanted to do this type of army for 2 months to see if there is luck.
I do not understand much so I am sorry if I have put the leg, I hope you correct me if it is the case, I have read Muchiiiiiiiiiiiicimo about this and these are my conclusions.
Greetings to all.

Psirque's profile photo
Psirque
01/29/2010 7:30 a.m.

Indeed, cardiac work maintained in 60-70% of the FCMAX, mostly mobilizes the reserve of body fats as the main fuel, as long as that exercise extends for at least one hour.

In an aerobic exercise maintained (whatever the intensity), the muscular ATP reserves are first consumed, then the Current HCs in the blood are burned, then the glycogen reserves accumulated in the liver are available thanks to the glucagonAnd finally, if the exercise continues over time and becomes longer, neo -Glucogenesis is produced, process through which fat burns to "manufacture" HC.This occurs if the exercise has a certain intensity (low in intensity, long over time).If the intensity is higher, the body will need faster HC.
For a diabetic, any exercise is possible, provided you have no problems of some kind;especially vascular.But the most recommended is that of a sustainable and maintained aerobic process;especially that of low and half intensity, where the metabolism of sugars is not too altered.If we perform anaerobic activity (maximum intensity exercise), there is much more important than our metabolic system, which does not happen to us in diabetics, so that the possibilities that glycemia are very altered.
The most recommended exercise is, therefore, the one that maintains a frequency around 60-70% (fat burning) or 70-80% (aerobic work).While the first is bearable by almost any person, the second is more intense and is only achieved comfortably after daily and maintained training.As for the burning of fats that it produces, it has traditionally been said that for that it was needed to be in the 60-70%area, but lately it is being seen that in reality you burn more fat (and more HC TB) in the aerobic zone(70-80%).The difference is that while the first is softer and glycemia are more controllable, in the second more factors and glycemias intervene during and after the effort they are more unpredictable (glucose is consumed up to 30 hours after the exercise, with the possibility ofhypo that entails).

I have tried all areas a lot.And I have been abandoning the highest (anaerobic) areas for being too violent and demanding great over -relief without such an evident benefit as the others.If you run to run and see that your pulsations shoot overcoming your work area (which you should set in the pulsometer to let you know), you must stop running and keep walking.If you see that then your pulsations lower below the lower limit, run again.What you should do is stay in the area.Keeping in pulsations as high as you manifest (check if that is for you anaerobic zone), it will only produce fatigue in a short time and a void benefit.The advantage of a pulsometer is to be able to control our engine.It is like the courses of a car.We look at him to see that we are not going from revolutions when putting the marches and not burning the engine.Well here the same.If we go from revolutions, the heart fatigue unnecessarily.The greatest benefits are achieved in intermediate areas (always speaking of training for someone normal, not an amateur or elite athlete).And the pulsometer allows you to monitor those areas.

Finally, very important, if you do aerobic training (and especially if you are frequently exceeded, and go to anaerobic), it is essential that you make an effort test, an echo cardio and if you can, an echo of stress.Remember that we are people at risk.And the more you are, the more important you are making these checks every several years.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/01/2010 3:51 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Great contributions, thank you very much.

Now I have chosen to do elliptical (the cold does not encourage much to go outside) and stay at 60-70%, next week I want to start out one afternoon a week, and I will try to stay in 70-80% and if I go down the rhythm or walk a little.

I will continue to inform.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
02/02/2010 12:14 p.m.

Well ..... I have chopped and I will use a grocery store as soon as the new one comes because the old man no longer serves me.Now my question, how do you calculate your maximum cardiac fief ????Because the 220 formula except age does not seem reliable.

DiabetesForo
02/03/2010 5:05 a.m.

For women, the constant is not 220, but 226.
It is a formula that does not take into account something as important as your own basal frequency, but still, it is very approximate.Obviously, there is no more reliable way than to make a tape effort test.Only in this way can you compare the figure that you handle based on this formula, with which the test offers you.

But although the general opinion of that FCMAX calculation is quite unanimous, there are several opinions about the calculation of the effort areas.The logical form would be to calculate 60.70.80 and 90% of the figure resulting from Formula 226-Age.But it seems that the Karvonen formula is more approximate, since it takes into account the frequency of rest, which is not the same in all people and is a variable to take into account.In addition, these calculated figures according to this method coincide with the percentages of VO2 Max, the maximum oxygen consumption that we are able to contribute to our body per minute and that makes the difference between a prepared athlete and one that is not.This is finally the end of an aerobic training;Improve our oxygen collection capacity;The more oxygen, more yield and less tiredness.
It is calculated as follows: If you want to know, for example, 70% of your FCMAX would be (FCMAX - FC rest) x 0.7 + FC rest.

Thus, if I have an estimated maximum of 200, my 70% would be in the simple calculation, 140. But using the Karvonen formula, it would be (200-50) x0.7+50 (taking a FC rest of 50).And that would give 155. As you can see, the difference is important.140 against 155. The first is a generic approach, and the second is personalized to the person, which makes it more exact.

It is worth the "normal" formula?YEAH.We are not going to prepare for the Olympiad, so nothing happens.The Karvonen formula may ask you for major efforts and see that you are not comfortable with them, because it always throws some figures somewhat larger than the standard calculation.If you demand overwhile, forget about them and focus on the standard figures.The simple formula is also the most appropriate for people who are starting with a training program.

And one last thing.If you want to calculate exactly the percentages of effort according to Karvonen, you must take the FC rest, and the best way is to measure each other.This measure is taken several days and the average is prepared, which will be very similar to the measurements obtained.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/04/2010 3:50 a.m.

Thanks Gondrullo, I think the same.The usual formula, 220 or 226 minus age is fine for sedentary people because it does not take into account the physical form.The formula that you explain precisely read it at the Sport Life and gives a considerable difference with respect to the previous one.It seems more tight.

DiabetesForo
02/04/2010 4:42 a.m.

I put the data to the pulsometer ..... and the solo calculates the percentages.I suppose it takes into account the frequency at rest, because I asked for it, as well as age, weight, height, etc ...

Let's see if I release the flu, and I can return to the street .......

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
02/04/2010 10:12 a.m.

Nacho, what a pulsometer model do you have ??????

DiabetesForo
02/04/2010 10:18 a.m.

That depends on the model.I have a Polar S610 that is already a few years old, and offers me the percentages of effort while I train, but it does so based only on the FCMax that he has calculated with the fitness test, which for about 5 minutes, you put the pulsometer inrest and gives you a physical condition index quite approximately the VO2 Max.And in addition to that index, the estimated FCMax offers you.And it is quite tight, because it gives me above the theoretical FCMAX for my age.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/04/2010 11:03 a.m.

A Garmin Forerunner 405 cx.

At the moment I am delighted with him.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
02/05/2010 5 a.m.

Guys, what do you comment is for type 1 diabetes or for any type of diabetes?I had begun to go run.

Well ... I had done it in life, in the institute they made us run 1km to evaluate physical tests and I was never able to make the tour without doing scams, so that you have an idea.Since I was in the gym I improved my resistance but I left it and at the months when they already diagnosed me, I started walking daily (about 7km used to do, other times it depends on the desire, half).Now, as I am very picona, they "challenged me" to run 5km and I have promised myself that next year I participate in some such career, more than anything to demonstrate to the person who has challenged me that I am I amAble to do what I propose.I have started with an activity, interspersing running intervals, I usually do it on the beach that have enabled a path.The issue is that I do not want to do nonsense, that I do not know where to start and I do not want to put the leg and injure or worsen my state of health, which you comment on the heart rate and others sounds totally Chinese.Any advice to start without liating it much?

Nila's profile photo
Nila
03/17/2016 9:09 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

By the way, is it normal that now that I am starting, I can have some kind of knee discomfort, for example, or that I am doing something wrong and I should not run?

Nila's profile photo
Nila
03/17/2016 9:14 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

Making an effort test is very important to do sports.Each one is a different world.
Do not leave it please.
As with good food everything varies greatly too.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/17/2016 9:56 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I totally agree with what @jconegar says and I also want to add a calculation sheet with the Karvonen formula to know our heart rate areas.This formula is better than age only.

DiabetesForo
03/20/2016 11:46 p.m.

nila said:
by the way, is it normal that now that I am starting I can have some kind of knee discomfort, for example, or that I am doing something wrong and I should not run?Blockquote>

Running is a sport in which knees and heels suffer great impact.My advice is that you gradually increase the distance and also buy good shoes.Do not skimp on the shoes.If you can run by land and avoid asphalt

DiabetesForo
03/20/2016 11:48 p.m.

Thank you.I use Nike's pegasus and I usually run down the beach.I do not run much distance, what I do is gradually intersperate career with walking to go little by little

Nila's profile photo
Nila
03/21/2016 12:05 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.