What do you think?

lola's profile photo   02/20/2010 5:35 a.m.

Hello everyone:

I would like you to give me your opinion because I don't know very well to think.As I have seen that in this forum there are people very willing to help, I want to consult this with you.
Yesterday before going to sleep I was 133, I went to bed at 01.00 at night and had dinner at 20.00 (Brussels cabbage with cooked potatoes).Then I thought I would take some bread to avoid nocturnal hypo because I not only avoided the hypo but I got up with 200. I have no other influential factors (stress, menstruation, disease, etc ...).So:

a) Have I had a nocturnal hypo and is a consequence of a rebound?
b) Would it follow the effect of the HC of the potato and I did not take it into account?
c) Is it an X file?
d) Others ....

Make your bets ... Thank you very much.

lola's profile photo
lola
02/20/2010 5:35 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Lola, I lean on B ... For a long time I have given dinner to Ángela Asada, and of course her blood glucose at 2 or 3 in the morning has nothing to do when she takes her or when she takes another type ofHydrates .... I suppose I would have the bread that you took at 1 ...
To get out of doubt, the same thing is better for dinner, to see how it goes.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/20/2010 6:08 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

First you have to see your treatment ... it is not the same NPH as insulin bomb or that lantus+novorapid ...

The rebounds are usually more than 200 ... at least to me.

Experience is usually what gives the answer (that's why Velia is always right :)))

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/20/2010 6:45 a.m.

Thanks for your opinions.I have been a bomb for 4 years and peak.
I thought that the HC of the potato would have already been absorbed after 5 hours, I will try again with the same meal to see if better.
Thank you again, your advice is very helpful.

lola's profile photo
lola
02/20/2010 6:53 a.m.

Have you got up later than usual?

I usually lift every day at 7 and breakfast immediately.
If I compare an fasting control at 7 and another at 9, without eating anything and without doing anything, glycemia goes up between 50 and 100 mg/dl (in the morning there is always more need for insulin).

Perhaps the issue is not food but that time difference.Although carrying a bomb, you can find the explanation in a basal minor (which I don't think).

DiabetesForo
02/20/2010 7:02 a.m.

Apart from all that said, it would not be more than from time to time you did an early morning control, to know how the glycemiah are going to those hours.

Health

DiabetesForo
02/20/2010 7:23 a.m.

Well, the schedule I think it will not be, because even if I don't always want to wake up at the same time, and today too.

A night check would be very good, but I have a hard time doing it, if I put the alarm to measure myself at 3 or 4, unconsciously I turn it off and continue sleeping.The only thing I get is to put myself in a bad mood with the next morning for not getting up to measure myself.It is also true that fortunately I usually wake up when I am very high or very low.

At least now I have already managed to go down to normal levels, because when I get up with 200 I throw me all morning through the clouds.

Thanks for thinking with me.

lola's profile photo
lola
02/20/2010 8:11 a.m.

Hello, I don't know if it's the custom or what, but I don't see that I do wrong.
Yesterday dinner at some friends at 9:00 p.m., I ate 1 potato and a little pasta, put me bolus before eating, also Bolus square because we spent time eating and chatting.I got more bolus because I wanted to try the ice cream and 3 glasses of white wine at 02.00 I had 240, I thought the alcohol would come down a little so I did not correct and went to bed.I woke up at 07.00 with 400 !!!I have uploaded the basal and some rapid bolus, now I have gradually managed to go down to 130.
Well, I've remembered Velia and her advice to make a night measurement ... tonight I will try to do it.

Forgive that it bores you with this, but I am not able to see where I have failed.

lola's profile photo
lola
02/21/2010 6:23 a.m.

Hello,
I do not carry the matter still very controlled and of bombs even less but I give you my opinion, I do not know how many rations of HC you took together the potato and the pasta, but if I have dated paste and potatoes I assure you that I do not get up with400 but with 600. (But I at most).I don't know, I think there are many HC and slow absorption, right?
I feel very identified with what you said of the night test, exactly the same thing happens to me.And I also get angry at not having done it.´
Do not stop telling us how the night.All the best

sweety's profile photo
sweety
02/21/2010 10:03 a.m.

More than seeing specific things in concrete days, you might seek trends.
For that, the only thing that works is to point everything: glycemia, schedules, bolus, exercise, mood ...

If you try to analyze all situations you will go crazy ...

Try to see if the hyper always coincide with some of the variables: eat outside, eat pasta, catheter change, injection zone ...

DiabetesForo
02/21/2010 3:25 p.m.

Hey Owash, does catheter change influence the glucose?It is that I have been with the bomb for a short time, now the 26 will do 1 month, and the truth is that I am observing that on Sundays, which is when I usually change the catheter, I get on but much, more than 300, and I havethat being correcting me continuously with Bolus;But I thought it was that being Sunday I exercise less, so I'm uploading the basal, I was even thinking of putting another higher range for weekends.What do you think?
By the way Lola, I think just like Sweety, many nooo carbohydrates? Well, I don't know ... I am more proteins and a little carbohydrates, and still rises a mogollón!
Well pay attention to Alea, when I come from march, whether they are 3h or 4h, I take a test and if I see that I have it high I put a bolus.Ahh!I forgot, when they put the new bomb I see, ask them to put the sensor, it's great!With him you can correct yourself at dawn and if he gives you a descent, the bomb for automatically, so you are no longer afraid;I tell you because I panic and with the sensor I am making more confidence.: P
Kisses!!!

paula's profile photo
paula
02/21/2010 4:28 p.m.

Thank you very much to comment.
Maybe they were a lot of HC, but when a few potatoes and little pasta put myself so that they were not many HC, it may calculate badly ...
Yes, Owash should write everything in these cases, I will do it right now that I then forget.Anyway, the catheter changed it on Friday, in addition as I have been lowering the levels, I don't think it is clogged either.Anyway, I change it tonight and I'm going to put on the alarm ... to see if there is luck and wake up.

Paula, the catheter change influences the levels, I change it when I have a stable level and prevent it from being close to a meal.Also when you leave it more than 2 or 3 days, it may be clogged a bit and does not absorb insulin.My doctor recommended that when I put a new catheter put 0.1 Bolus to avoid an insulin vacuum.
I want to go to I see the Metersame trends.

lola's profile photo
lola
02/21/2010 4:56 p.m.

Of course, when one leaves the routine, it is all much more unpredictable, so it is not a good time (for my liking), to do tests ... in any case it is true that your dinner was loaded with HC, s of slow absorptionAnd that when bedtime you were already quite high .... the HC, Sentos could even be climbing ... with the white wine I have no experience (the truth is that at home we are from Riojita), but the redness doesThat the sugar down considerably, but of course, everything is based on the quantities ..... do not hurry for specific cases, Lola, when we go out (I think I have already commented in parents), we already get the idea that theNight will be Toledo if we want blood glucose to be more or less in Sol-Fa we have to get up several times to measure it .... it is what we have and we have assumed it ....
With respect to the catheter change, we do it every 4 days (even 5 if it works well), but we usually change when it is in Normaglycemia ... we usually purge with 1 unit (against 0.5 units. They told us), and if it isSomething high we put a bolus of 0.3-0.5 units.To "compensate" .... and we also take advantage of the hours between meals (especially in case the change does not work, to avoid hyperglycemia).
Sweety, you can program a profile with a larger basal for Sundays, we do so, because Angela in Diario spends a lot, but the weekend is quieter (except that we have some activity scheduled), so you will avoid being high.
A hug

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/21/2010 5:20 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Well, if in the end I became and put on 2 alarmrs, also because I went to bed with 200 so I am so unstable, I assumed what there is so that I woke up at 4.30 and I had 120. That well, I thought, but whenI got up my joy in a well because I had 200 before breakfast.I still don't understand what happens to me on nights lately but well this morning I have adjusted the night basal, and to wait for good night times to return again.I think I should get up tonight to measure myself but I don't know if I'm able to do it 2 days in a row.I will try again.And tomorrow morning to the ophtamologist ... Pufff, I overwhelm me.
Forgive for all this roll.

lola's profile photo
lola
02/22/2010 7:22 a.m.

Lola, you may be needing more basal at dawn and you will check that if you measure several days in a row ... come with, woman, make an effort that you will later look rewarded with a better physical and mood ... ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah,And even if it does not serve as comfort that at that time surely a few parents walked up watching the blood glucose of our children ....

A hug

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/22/2010 7:38 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Lola, you may be needing more basal at dawn and you will check that if you measure several days in a row ... come with, woman, make an effort that you will later look rewarded with a better physical and mood ... ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah,And even if it does not serve as comfort that at that time surely a few parents walked up watching the blood glucose of our children ....

A hug

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/22/2010 7:39 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

If Velia, I have called my endo this morning and told me the same as you, so I have adjusted the basal from 6 in the morning to 10, and I should make night measurements to see if I adjust the pattern of the nocturnal as well.
Have you thought about endocrine or study for diabetes educator?I think you would be a wonderful professional.

By the way, since you mention it tonight I have remembered my mother when I came at night to measure myself without hardly making noise so as not to wake up, hehe, that ñoña.

Greetings and thank you very much.

lola's profile photo
lola
02/22/2010 8:36 a.m.

That envies Lola (of mother, I mean););
Good luck in the ophthalmologist !!!And as they have told you, it's time to do the night.They say that many comfort of fools, if it uses you something, this week I have to make it every night.Because as you do not adjust the basal in the morning ... they give me fresh wind.I alternate one day 130 another 270, 133 another 310 ... so, to see that it is happening in our bodies at night ... In addition to the papis, remember that I will also be wandering with the device: ??

sweety's profile photo
sweety
02/22/2010 9:53 a.m.

Well, nothing if you want to vent here we are ... I will try to lift myself tonight, in the end I will take the taste and everything.You will tell me if you have managed to control the night levels.We will think positive, you'll see how in a few days we have them under control and we can go back to sleep.

lola's profile photo
lola
02/22/2010 2:53 p.m.

Hahaha, Lola .... thanks for the compliment: oops:
Come, you'll see how you are going to joy later, when that hemogloblina is already in a great range.
Kisses

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/23/2010 4:42 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.