What studies are needed to be a diabetes educator?

tica's profile photo   01/13/2013 12:18 p.m.

The educators of the Jimenez Díaz hospital in Madrid know a lot and also try to train you to be self -sufficient and stop needing them.

As they say, in the end your metabolism better than you will not know anyone.

I'm never going, they "graduated."Although I go to visit them from time to time.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
05/25/2016 10:22 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Artorias because they cite me every 3 months at the foundation .... They have insisted that it is not eaten because I have left the rice .... next week again.

That without, are very, very pleasant, nice and well formed.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/25/2016 10:26 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello everyone.Well, I am a nurse and I know more or less how that issue works ... As they said above, nurses who are in endocrine consultations are those that usually have enough seniority and request the position for the fixed morning shift normally.And practically the same thing happens with those that are usually in health centers.The young women are the battle that I say hehe

As for training, today, a nurse in the race is formed for everything and nothing.That is, you study the entire human body, with its pathophysiology and its diseases by devices.That is why then you are in a cardiology plant, than in a consultation that in an ICU.There are specialties once you finish the race, such as midwife, mental health, medical-surgical nursing ... but specifically diabetes issues there is nothing.

To my way of seeing, obviously it is not ideal.But I think here then the "professionalism" of each one comes in.I explain myself.For example, I started working on an ICU and spent many years there.Well, I took care of continuing continuous training courses and receiving more training and information about the area in which I worked.The logical thing is that if you have to educate and train people with diabetes, because you take advantage of the resources they give you to train you first, because we have them.Another thing is that you want to do it or not ... because as in all works, there is also everything here.

In my case, my educator's step although it sounds bad xD because it is one of those who have no idea.I have little with diabetes, but I have had more help in my doubts in this forum than with it.And as with my controls and others I know how I have to be, then I apply.

And so are things hehehe.Anyway, for those who do not receive a good treatment and others, remember that the patient care service is always in hospitals, and if you have to put complaints they get !!That we all always pay because of a few.

Greetings!!!

pikelinda's profile photo
pikelinda
05/25/2016 12:13 p.m.

Diagnosticada en 2015 tipo 2/Mody??
Controlada con dieta y ejercicio
Ultima hemo: 5.5

rociollinares said:
I am with you.I no longer speak for my few knowledge that I still have about diabetes, I read everything that falls in my hands, I speak for my daughter, who with 14 years and with a year with diabetes, already knows more than his educator.When come on, mom for us to come? ... my answer .... I don't know honey ....

More or less with a month of being diabetic you know more than them.With a year you know more than the endocrine.;)

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
05/25/2016 7:49 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

For me, the best diabetes educators are you, the people who suffer up and down and try to understand why it has happened, those who analyze their glycemic results after each sports session and understand that, despite everything, every day is different... In sum, those who are going through this and trying to do things well, are the best educators.The others, without diabetes, only know the four quadriculate nonsense that they have read in their book.And on top of your anger ...

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
05/27/2016 11:46 p.m.

artories said:
of the doctors of header I do not expect anything of them, they are for recipes and nothing else.

I say in the same way that your @Arotorias and others, because of dbts they are not very "experts" on the subject;Ja, ha, I "teach them" with the comments and examples lived in my life !!!

ani's profile photo
ani
05/29/2016 9:38 p.m.

Here we are lucky to have an educator in full -time and diabetic diabetes, he knows 100% of what he speaks since he has suffered it for years, I think that makes the difference.

fjf's profile photo
fjf
05/30/2016 2:14 a.m.

Yes, true @fjf ... Casí could write a faq book of this forum ... better guide than educators and endocrine.
"Based on real events"

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/30/2016 10:08 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.