How to get an insulin bomb

xiquillo71's profile photo   02/23/2010 4:02 a.m.

Hello everyone, I am new in the forum and I would like to know how I could get an insulin bomb, because I see that here all the people speak very well of them.
I have been evolving 20 years (I have 38) and I had never raised it, perhaps due to ignorance of the subject.I live in Cullera (Valencia) and we depend on the hospital of La Ribera in Alzira, someone knows if there is a possibility of getting one, because here I do not know anyone to carry it.I appreciate in advance all the information you can offer, both models, operation etc.
I am currently in treatment with Lantus once a day I Humalog Pen every time I am going to eat, and the truth is that after so many years I begin to be fed up.Yesterday I collected the latest results of the analyzes and I got a glycosilada of 7.3, and that the meals do them by eye.Well if you need more data to help me I will be happy to answer you.Greetings to all and thanks for sharing your experiences, which helps us optimize our sweet lives.

xiquillo71's profile photo
xiquillo71
02/23/2010 4:02 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The first would be paving it to your endocrine, having said, he is the one who should facilitate the bomb, although some seem that they are not very predisposed to put them ....

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/23/2010 4:32 a.m.

In Alzira they do not put insulin bombs.
In the Valencian Community they are only authorized: faith, clinic and peset in Valencia;The General of Alicante and the General of Castellón.

Your GP should make a report to justify the decision to change to insulin bomb and derive any of these centers.

DiabetesForo
02/23/2010 4:42 a.m.

Hello Xiquillo, this is a bit tired, but you have to move on ... if you are willing to the bomb follow Owash's recommendations and insist until you get it .... I am pro-pump, I advise youThat you fight for her.I'm sure it will change your life.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/23/2010 5:23 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

I have just asked for the transfer of the FE file to the hospital in La Ribera, mostly for comfort.There is no option on the riverbank, if not, what steps should you follow?All my life has taken me in faith, and for work reasons 3 years ago that I was not in consultation to faith, and that is why I decided to change consultation, since this catches me next to the house, I should request consultation againIn the faith,?, Or being in another hospital do not grant it to me?
Well right now I have a mess in the head that I don't know if it is worth continuing with the idea of ​​the bomb !!!!!! 1

xiquillo71
02/23/2010 6:54 a.m.

At the Ribera hospital you have no chance to put the bomb.
The only possibility is that they temporarily put the bomb in the faith and then followed you on the riverbank.

At the moment it is what there is, unfortunate, but what there is .... you could give the profile for the bomb ... in your case it could be justified by the amount of daily injections.

DiabetesForo
02/23/2010 1:56 p.m.

I have called for faith and I have commented on the issue, they have been very attentive with me and initially they have told me that there should be no problems to put it on.They have told me that from the riverbank they make me a proposal and that they refer me to faith. I have lucky and I can get it !!!!!!!!I hope that now that I am motivated, it is not truncated from the pull.Well, if I get it, I hope you update me about operation, why do I have no idea, ok?

xiquillo71
02/24/2010 8:11 a.m.

Two notes:
- Until you have the bomb in your hands, don't make illusions ...

- Most of the personnel of the Diabetes de la Fe Unit are extraordinary ...

Who takes you on the banks? C. Fajardo or Gomez Vela?I have good references from Dra.Fajardo ...

DiabetesForo
02/24/2010 9:13 a.m.

I have been in the faith, the educator has spoken with the endocrine that carries more the theme of the bombs and has summoned me for March 29, she has told me that surely that day also starts the preparation with the educator who carries the subject.Well it seems that now the account begins, someone can tell me if you are a long time on the waiting list, greetingssssssssssss.

xiquillo71
02/25/2010 8:11 a.m.

Dr. Navas is a charm: Oops: it turns a lot with patients

While at the beginning of the year, there will not have been spent a lot of money on the bombs ...
You can easily be the waiting list for a couple of months ... Almost 1 month you will be to put on the continuous meter

DiabetesForo
02/25/2010 4:12 p.m.

Owash, thanks for your information, I am very moral to think that it can be so little time !!Well you who seem that you know Dr. Navas, which do you think should be the arguments to convince Dr. to assign me the bomb?What takes a month the continuous meter?I feel the crushing so much with my questions, but in 20 years no endocrine of those I have seen had talked about the bombs and now I just hear about them, and I am really exciting myself. You can advise me where where whereI should put it, in the end and some truquillo than another to bother as little as possible?Thanks from everything and forgive my insistence ok?

xiquillo71
02/25/2010 5:57 p.m.

Xiquillo !!!Hahaha I answered about that to the post you opened yesterday under it!He who puts: how to put on the bomb or something I don't remember very well right now !!I hope I could help you!A BESOO!

kiara's profile photo
kiara
02/25/2010 6:34 p.m.

Xiquillo, I advise you to self-inform you, by Innernet you can find what you want, it is as you learn better, then specific doubts because to ask, but at first it is better to look for things, it will serve you more useful.

DiabetesForo
02/25/2010 8:34 p.m.

Hello Xiquillo:
quiet man;) that you can tell you a little anxious ....: D, wait to have the bomb in your hands and while you read this section of forum bombs, for example ... but do not overwhelm.
The bomb has to recommend the endocrine so she will know if you are a candidate or not, wait at 29 and if you start the workshop because good sign, be patient ...;) that everything arrives.

DiabetesForo
02/26/2010 3:26 a.m.

Thank you for your comments, the truth is that I think I am rushing and, I am advancing to the events, but in short this is helping me in part to improve self -control and the desire to do things well without abusing excesses.I think I should start by dominating meals well for rations, since now I am an eye and I modify quite the doses of insulin depending on both the meals and the results of the analysis.I would appreciate you to send me addresses of the pages that can help me control this perfectly, (food tables, diets, equivalences etc ...) to show the endo that I can be a good candidate.Well, thank you all and forgive your insistence, but here I have found people who can really help you because here we all go on the same ship.

xiquillo71
02/26/2010 4:43 a.m.

A page that we always recommend www.clinidiabet.com It is very useful.

DiabetesForo
02/26/2010 5:26 a.m.

Owash, thanks for your information, I am very moral to think that it can be so little time !!Well you who seem that you know Dr. Navas, which do you think should be the arguments to convince Dr. to assign me the bomb?What takes a month the continuous meter?I feel the crushing so much with my questions, but in 20 years no endocrine of those I have seen had talked about the bombs and now I just hear about them, and I am really exciting myself. You can advise me where where whereI should put it, in the end and some truquillo than another to bother as little as possible?Thanks from everything and forgive my insistence ok?

As you have said, I think you're a bit fast.

First, inform yourself well about the bomb ... who has to convince yourself is you, not the endocrine.
Second, it is very likely that after the "course" of learning on diet by portions, insulin, self -analysis etc.Your glycosilada falls below 7, if you say meals (and I suppose insulin) do them by eye.Value what comes best to you and your diabetes, which goes well to other people does not necessarily have to serve you.

Before putting on the pump, they put a continuous glycemia meter for 5 or 7 days to see how your glycemia are throughout the day.
As they only have 2 meters, the waiting list is large ...

The best website that exists in Spain about diabetes is the one that has linked Prado.

DiabetesForo
02/26/2010 3:59 p.m.

Hello everyone, I am very interested in knowing how xiquillo was with this pump.I explain, I am from Algemesí, so I also depend on the riverbank in Alzira.I am 38 years old and a glycosilada of 7 and I want to get pregnant.I am already with Freestyle 2 for 8 months and, really, I can't dominate glucose.In addition, I changed my insulin to Levemir and I'm going crazy, I have to use it 2 times a day but it doesn't last 12 hours and many times I have a rise when you wake up that is not even normal and I am sorry all morning.I think I still have a lot to learn after 5 years but I don't get it and I wanted to request the bomb in Alzira, but after readings I would like to know what alternatives I have.Thank you so much

Laureta's profile photo
Laureta
04/13/2021 11:40 a.m.

@Laureta

I think the subject is an old thing.

In any case it is something that you have to talk to your endocrine.

But I don't understand that you don't go down to a figure close to 6. When I was my first year of diabetes I had the freestyle and went down to 6.2 (I started with 12!).
You should probably reduce carbohydrates that Bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, juices, buns minimize.And regular exercise is vital.At least walk.Maybe it would help you talk to a nutritionist.Tell your endocrine.But with a good diet and movement, and with the help of the sensor you should be with a glycosilada close to 6. I get the feeling that your problem is not to have a pump but food and sport.The bomb is not going to solve that problem.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/13/2021 4:17 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@Laureta I understand that in case of pregnancy or step prior to it they could put an insulin bomb.Have you talked to your endocrine?

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
04/13/2021 5:37 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.