How to get an insulin bomb

xiquillo71's profile photo   02/23/2010 4:02 a.m.

niñaburbuja said:
@laureta I understand that in case of pregnancy or step prior to it they could put an insulin bomb.Have you talked to your endocrine?

I'm coming next week, but looking for information I said with this forum saying just that my hospital does not put it, so I have much of what I still inform myself: Smile: Smile:

Laureta's profile photo
Laureta
04/13/2021 5:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@jldiazdel because it is very likely that you are right and that I have to put the batteries, thanks equally: wink:

Laureta's profile photo
Laureta
04/13/2021 5:40 p.m.

@Laureta What a bad luck!But surely they will lead you to another hospital.The bad, the usual, the waiting times.But well, you'll tell us to see what they tell you!Good luck!

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
04/14/2021 9:25 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

xiquillo71 said:
Hello everyone, I am new in the forum and I would like to know how I could get an insulin bomb, because I see that here all the people speak very well of them.
I have been evolving 20 years (I have 38) and I had never raised it, perhaps due to ignorance of the subject.I live in Cullera (Valencia) and we depend on the hospital of La Ribera in Alzira, someone knows if there is a possibility of getting one, because here I do not know anyone to carry it.I appreciate in advance all the information you can offer, both models, operation etc.
I am currently in treatment with Lantus once a day I Humalog Pen every time I am going to eat, and the truth is that after so many years I begin to be fed up.Yesterday I collected the latest results of the analyzes and I got a glycosilada of 7.3, and that the meals do them by eye.Well if you need more data to help me I will be happy to answer you.Greetings to all and thanks for sharing your experiences, which helps us optimize our sweet lives.

Hello.I was older than you when they put it and diabetic from 5th. I had been levere every 12 hours and Humalog.The problem of those who create "deposit" (the lantus in your case) is that it is fixed, it cannot be changed, because dead time is more than a day.I was very good, less than 6.5, but it was based on hypoglycemia, which were already becoming a bit dangerous.That's why they put the bomb.

Your glycosilada is a little high, of course with the bomb you would have a good opportunity to lower it.You should talk to your endocrine to see what he thinks of the matter and try to convince him.Endocrine have their criteria (I suppose not necessarily them throughout the country) and depend on them.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
04/18/2021 1:10 p.m.

In Cuenca they only grant 3 a year.It took me 5 years since the request and must be for some well justified cause.In those 5 years I had to go through protocols before reaching the endocrine already say, that there is no other than the bomb,
In my case, at night, at dawn, also more or less on the same time, about 130/140 in twenty minutes up at 450/500, which the injected insulin (several brands, guidelines ...)I did not correct me (I had been lowering those values ​​for hours), or diets ,,,, Estc (the unfitting protocol) that ended up leading me to a neuropathy (which neither my worst enemy recommends).And exhausted the protocol, in the end and the pump.But so, not good at first.And this is because of the high cost of all the replaceI spend every 2 months and it is a grassland that I could barely allowed;

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
04/18/2021 8:51 p.m.

xiquillo71 said:
Hello everyone, I am new in the forum and I would like to know how I could get an insulin bomb, because I see that here all the people speak .... everyone andThank you for sharing your experiences, which helps us optimize our sweet lives.

I have put the glucomen bomb 3 weeks ago, St Pau Barcelona hospital.But I don't know if it's me, my diabetes and my life, but what everyone says it is going so well to wear a bomb, because I feel very frustrated and tired.I had never had so many hyper and hypos so many days in a row .. I can't sleep or make life !!

I am thinking of returning to the Bolis.Try the pump and you have to see how.

mrastra's profile photo
mrastra
10/05/2023 10:06 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.