{'en': 'Diabetes and constipation', 'es': 'Diabetes y estreñimiento'} Image

Diabetes and constipation

kekiya's profile photo   02/28/2010 7:26 a.m.

I recommend you a glass of tempered water with the juice of a lemon, I am doing wonder!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/18/2016 1 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Hello,
I am reading your cases about constipation and diabetes.
In twenty years of diabetes I had never had serious or continuous problems of constipation until a year and a half ago they changed slow insulin to Tresiba.In a short time I began to notice problems of abdominal swelling and constipation that, today, I have not yet managed to control.To say that I have tried a thousand and one natural remedies, food changes, hydration ... Nothing.
I find it suspicious that this problem will begin along with insulin change, any of you have noticed this problem with threeiba?

lalilo's profile photo
lalilo
06/02/2020 6:59 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello ladies and gentlemen here a small article that can contribute something:

The best way to prevent constipation is to lead a healthy lifestyle with a diet rich in fiber, such as the Mediterranean.

In addition, it is convenient to drink many liquids, approximately two liters of water per day, exercise regularly and accustom the body to go to the bathroom when you want to defecate instead of waiting.

To guarantee sufficient fiber intake, the Spanish Foundation of the Digestive System (FEAD) recommends taking at least daily:

2 rations of vegetables.For example, a varied salad or a dish of cooked vegetables, whether as elaborate dishes or as garrison.

3 pieces of fruit.A medium piece, a cup of strawberries or cherries, two slices of melon ... preferably whole instead of juice, since the fiber is mostly in the pulp and skin.

4-6 rations of cereals and derivatives.Preferably integral or enriched with wheat bran.
In addition, it is recommended to take 2 to 5 weekly vegetable rations, which also constitute a great fiber source.
------------------------------------------------------
In the same way I can contribute with an e-book of free recipe

Albert Muñoz's profile photo
Albert Muñoz
06/03/2020 7:40 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.