Pump and heat

virginia's profile photo   06/09/2010 8:50 a.m.

Hello everyone:

I have commented on the occasional thread that I have a bag of the cold brand that carries gel balls to be able to transport the replacement insulin and the glucagon when I go on a trip and that the cold chain is not broken, in fact I thinkWhat more people know it.Well, as 1 month ago it occurred to me that this bag but in smaller it could help me when it is on the beach disconnected, keep the pump fresh and that insulin does not deteriorate.I called Connectioni and they told me that in Spain it is not sold but that in Britain, the official house that is there that has a specific and prepared bag for the bomb.Kindly the phone told me that I was going to ask to see if in the next order they made they sent it to me and that it would cost me € 41, that when I had the concrete information it called me.I found the official cold website in the United Kingdom (Friouk) and indeed there I saw it ... but what is my surprise than much cheaper and online with online store.When I call Spain again that the sale was made through them (Spanish distributor) and that when I order in G.B.They sent it to Spain and from here they sent it to the price she had told me.As it did not sound very good ..... I took a risk, I made the order online and what is my surprise that today 10 days later I have reached me directly from Great Britain my bag for the bomb as I asked.The price is not 41 euros.I paid with a visa card and including bag price (without VAT, because saying that you are diabetics do not charge you), bears and the 3% that my bank charged me for the change of currency I have paid 26.5 € !!!!!!14.5 euros less than they told me here by phone.They send it to you x plane through Royal Mail and in Spain emails.There are many sizes and needs, so if you are interested, you can buy with total confidence because I have done it.I have also written to you to ask them a couple of things and have responded almost immediately.By the way, they have sent me to the shelter of the Visa payment ......... These English are the bomb !!!!!By the way ... I am still waiting for me to call me from Spain to see if they supply it ... hey, hey, I hope they don't do it anymore !!!!

virginia's profile photo
virginia
06/09/2010 8:50 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hahaha, Virginia, the Spain of the picaresca.
Luckily you had the initiative to check it.
I think I will do so too.

Thanks and health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/09/2010 12:59 p.m.

Thanks for the information, Virginia (Jolín, € 14.5 less: Shock :).
I did not know about the existence of these bags, so far we had no problems with heat, but there is no others to know that there are.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/10/2010 4:58 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Well, watch, I assure you that they are great.I knew them through the association.Before when I was traveling, I wore the typical bag with a plaque of those blue that freezes ...... But when you make a long trip because that defrises and you also have to be aware of having freezer where you go.These needy are activated with water and last several days activated .... When you see that the touch to the touch are started drying it again and fixed.The one I have before is the fair size to carry 2 bolis (in my case NPH and Humalog) and the glucagon box ...... and the one I bought now is fair of the pump tañano .....

virginia's profile photo
virginia
06/10/2010 5:40 a.m.

Helloaaaaa,
I just saw the page, and it is just what I need, they transfer us to another workplace, and there is no refrigerator, I need a small bag to put the glucagon, which of the sizes I choose?How many days they take to send the order?
Last week I was in Madrid and I had to wear the fridge with the blue plates, and go to Apartahotel, with frigo, to put the glucagon
Greetings

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
06/10/2010 6:03 a.m.

Bufff is not clear to me, the pump portfolio is for when you take it off or to carry the pump inside when you wear it.Looking at some of you already know that the one with diabetes is my 5 -year -old little girl, this year we go to Palma de Mallorca, I am about to buy the wallet, but I do not be useful.Can you explain more when the pump is put in the wallet?Oh and wanted to buy a TB carterit for insulin vials and glucagon, what do you recommend me?We do not use feathers

DiabetesForo
06/10/2010 6:40 a.m.

Hi Virginia:
The truth is that I did not know that there were specific bags for insulin pumps.You have given me a good idea, but I try to get into the page in English and I can't find it.I only find the typical cold bag, which we already have. Could you tell me what page exactly have you found it?How is the bag or bag?, Send me if you can the link ... if you can .... I thank you.
Thank you so much

DiabetesForo
06/10/2010 8:13 a.m.

That is the link, I used them with the feathers, when I went on a trip, now I do not see it necessary, when I am sunbathing or I disconnect it for a while I keep it under the towel, I try not to give it the sun directly and neverI have had a problem, in addition the reservoir lasts 4 or 5 days only.

DiabetesForo
06/10/2010 11:14 a.m.

Hello everyone:
I answer you in parts so as not to make me a mess, heh, heh

Anabeg - I made the order on May 28 and it arrived yesterday so calculate that it may take 10 days although the same before.I bought the big size that puts for 5 feathers but I already tell you that 2 bolis and glucagon enter me.For yours, the duo serves you in which 2 feathers enter but because of the price difference I would buy the same as me ....... on the United GROUP page it would be the "Large Wallet".

Lena - I bought it for when I go to the beach disconnected.P.EJ: I'm going to the beach at 11, I wear my 1 hour basal (0.6), I disconnect and keep the bomb in the bag in the fresquito.While I am on the beach, the insulin is not exposed to heat and at 12 I would connect to put my basal, to disconnect and save the pump.I live in Alicante and I assure you that right now the heat hits ...... But I carry the pump without protecting on a day -to -day basis.If it is true that it brings a trebilla to be able to hold it to the belt and at one point it is placed and thus protected ... but I suppose that perhaps that will be for limit and continuous heat situations, I do not think that for the day to day inSummer we need that ... at least they have not told me anything.Only for the beach ..... If what you want is a bag to transport everything .... in mine that I have told Anabeg I think that the glucagon would easily enter and 4 vials of insulin without the box ...... Although you do not want to risk, I would buy the "Extra Large Waltet"

Auro - If you put in Google Friouk everything followed is the first option that appears to you.However, I put the link:

The specific bomb that is what I bought is the "pump wallet"

I do not know if I have explained well and if I have solved your doubts .... is that I roll up a bit ... heh, heh, anyway if you have more doubts because without problems: mrgreen:

virginia's profile photo
virginia
06/10/2010 11:38 a.m.

Virginia thank you very much for your clarification, I already asked them so to wait for me to get to me.

A hug

DiabetesForo
06/10/2010 1:37 p.m.

What a mistake I have, when I say, I thought it was something else .... We have a cold portfolio for the bolis, but the pump is fine.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/11/2010 4:49 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Helloaaaaaa,
Thanks Virginia, I already made the request of the Large Wallet, to see what it takes, in the curro we have frigo but general, for everyone, I prefer to have the bag by hand I close, thank you
All the best

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
06/11/2010 5:29 a.m.

How good is the bag!Pq now with summer ... uffff
But do you know if they get somewhere that it is not the Internet?Does not parapharmacies, orthopedics or something?

Bylma's profile photo
Bylma
06/11/2010 5:30 a.m.

Debut 2010,Tipo I.Apidra+Lantus. Glico 7,3% :(

That I know no ... or at least here in Alicante no ....... most likely that in your association they know it so ask.I met him and asked for the first through them.It has been now when I have done it on my own ......

virginia's profile photo
virginia
06/11/2010 5:45 a.m.

Very good,
We also use them, I mean for the feathers, this is our first summer with a bomb and I do not know if we will need another or not.They can also be achieved in associations or if you have a pharmacy arranged nearby, they ask you, but the website also worked very well.
Good day.

DiabetesForo
06/11/2010 6:10 a.m.

Virginia I have already received the portfolio that Pedi, according to your indications, and has been very fast (less than a week) and has cost me about 21euros.These English are very effective .... thank you very much for all Virginia

DiabetesForo
06/21/2010 8:21 a.m.

Helloaaaaaaaa,
To my TV it has arrived, on Friday 18 I already had the order at home, very fast everything, how quickly these English
Thanks Virginia
All the best,

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
06/21/2010 10:31 p.m.

Hello everyone:

I am already here ... I have been on vacation a week ...I'm glad everything got well and correct .... I have already released mine and I am super happy with the purchase.I find it very comfortable .....

virginia's profile photo
virginia
06/28/2010 11:06 a.m.

Good, I've been looking at the cold bag for the pump, but I have a doubt, how does the cold keep, or better as it cools? I suppose that initially you have to put it in the freezer and inside you will have a gel or something???

nesanbla's profile photo
nesanbla
06/30/2010 10:50 a.m.

Hello Virginia, I have seen your advice on the cold bag and I have already asked for one (because I did not know of its existence), but this is my first summer with a bomb and I have not understood very well about the basal of aTime, do you put it with boligraph or do you put suddenly what corresponds in an hour with the pump?That is my basal in the morning is 1.30u, I put that suddenly and disconnect, isn't it?It is that my endocrine gave me a table to put it with a ball and tried once but I got a mogollón, also if you have it well, that is 90mg for example, is it also done?Forgive for so many prreguntas but I am a bit lost.Thanks for everything: D

paula's profile photo
paula
07/01/2010 2:18 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.