Pump and heat

virginia's profile photo   06/09/2010 8:50 a.m.

Nesambla, the cold wallet does not get into the fridge, much less the freezer.Cools by evaporation (such as botijos).Indeed, it has some gel balls, which absorb water by submerging it for a few minutes, and when evaporating, it produces fresh and keeps things at temperature between 10 and 15 degrees lower than the environment.
It seems very practical for insulins.For the pump I suppose it will be good if you get the pump previously in a plastic bag, to avoid moisture.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/01/2010 3:59 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, I have understood these refrigerators a year, are it like that? Thank you?

chema's profile photo
chema
07/02/2010 1:57 a.m.

Hello .... I will go in parts so as not to get to answer:

Nesambla: it works exactly as Alea told you only that the bag that is specific for bomb brings a small case to protect the moisture pump and does not get wet, nothing is needed.I do go somewhere (eg hotel) where they have a fridge, if I put it there ..... I know that it is not necessary, but so the gel balls take less to dry and last more fans :))

Paula: my endo told me that up to 3 hours you can be disconnected perfectly but since I am a bit meticulous ........My basal is 0.5 or 0.6 depending on the time slot.What I do is just getting to the beach I look at the time (for example, 11.15) I put the basal that corresponds to me for 1 hour all suddenly, I decone, I put the pump in the cold bag and in turn in my bagbeach and put an alarm on the mobile for 12.15 that I repeat the operation.When I told my endo, he told me that there was no need for so much history, nor be so strict, but that if I managed like this and I was doing well .... Well, the way ... by the way, the basal meI put it yes or yes.That is, if I am well then the basal, if I detect that I am on the beach after breakfast-comer and I am high, because the basal + bolus that corresponds to me ....

Chema: They have a limited life, that is true but the durability depends on the use you give to the bag.It shows that at the beginning the gel balls absorb my fast water (eg in 5 min. You already have the bag ready and swollen) and little they take longer.I have the bolis for 3 or 4 years and it shows that it takes longer but when it swells, it is ranging.The one of the bomb as it is new to swell faster but that is the only difference ....... I guess the pump's pump will spoil before me since I will give it more use ......(
Greetings and if you have any more questions, trigger, heh, heh, heh ....... !!!!!:))

virginia's profile photo
virginia
07/02/2010 3:41 a.m.

Hello Virginia !!Thank you very much for the information hehe, I will ask for two!one for the pump and one for glucagon and spare parts and that!Hehe I wanted to tell you a little thing, because I had already asked him before another place but they have not answered.With regard to what you do in summer, on the beach with what you have explained that you do every hour with the basal: it is my first summer with the bomb, and I love the beach, I spend the dead hours there, so I haveUnderstood to perfect what you do, but there goes my question: Imagine that you have to put the basal because it has already spent that time of distrust, what do you do?Do you put a quick bolus with that basal of that time that you will be bewildered and be baffled as soon as the bolus ends?Do not wait for a while in case it does not enter at all?I don't know if I explain ... I don't know if it is to put the bolus and automatically enter the body or do you have to wait a while for it to arrive through the catheter?I have that fear and for example when I have it high and I want to shower, or I take a fast before putting on the bolus, or I put it on it and I do not take until after half an hour or more ... and I do not know if I am if I amdoing well or I can save those minutes.And another little thing, don't give you dirty?!That is, if you are 90, and you put suddenly for example my basal for the mñn that is around 0.8 and 0.9 ... and on top of the water ... it would be good to take something right?I imagine that it will be to catch the trick.Oh and one last little thing haha ​​you will call me heavy, but I have doubts !!!My bomb is the combo, and once here m commented that my bomb had a special function for these cases ... but I don't know !!!

Thank you very much for reading me ... a kiss to all !!

kiara's profile photo
kiara
07/03/2010 9:01 p.m.

Hi Kiara:

It is also my first summer with the bomb if you do not worry that I am little by little the best way to disconnect on the beach and I have a thousand doubts ...... So do not worry.I have been investigating a little and that if ... I get quite controls.The basal is supposed to be connected little by little and the bolus happens to you at once, so I program the entire basal in a bolus and when the pump tells me that it has already happened .... I disconnect.
I have the paradigm I see and gradually tells me the insulin that perfuses me in a bolus (I imagine that they will all) so when it ends and reaches what I have programmed (0.8 or 0.9 in your case) I disconnect and disconnect andthat's it.For the theme of the shower ..... I would put on the corrector bolus and as soon as it happened ...I think you could save those peroclaro minutillos ... or I tell you my experience with a bomb different from yours ....... and assuming that in that sense they all work very similar.Maybe your educator could guide you better or another person who has the combo ..... However ... the combo is from Accouck.I use your sugar meter (accouchek nano) and there is a phone (www accu-chek.es 900 210 341) where I have ever called x doubts and they serve you super good .... sure they solve it very fast.The downturn ...... It has not happened to me (yet .... heh, heh, heh) thinks that it is the only insulin that you will have in the body because then you disconnect.If I anticipate that I am going to walk or go to the water, if I have already punctured the basal ... well, a little of something (a fruit, a roasted bread ... or whatever I have) so that I do not give meA downturn and if I have to put the basal in those moments ...... I reduce the dose of basal ...... all this giving that I have good sugar levels.Anyway, they gave me a protocol for when you are going to disconnect to exercise with the % to reduce ....... but you know that this is very personal and each one reacts differently to insulin.For now, although I am new to the pump I have been with insulin for 10 years, and my doses are not very high (0.5-0.6 of Basal and 4 - 6 - 2 in meal bowling ...).Go doing tests little by little and surely you will soon find your guideline ..... and so you tell me if you discover something that manages better .... heh, heh.

virginia's profile photo
virginia
07/05/2010 3:36 a.m.

Thank you very much Virginia.My case with the bomb is special, since I am studying outside my house and I have changed several times of endocrine and I have been as the one that says in "nobody's land" several years and you enter this new endocrine, I don't know if you know me if I know what what I knowEnough to guide me what you say about the many percent to reduce with the sport.I have a counselor that treats me super well and exposes me a lot of things, but of course, I see it very little, since it is not in the city where I study.
I wanted to ask you if your tables are general, or are they only for you, I mean, could you serve me from guide?
Thanks for the bowling, it is something that sensed but as a precaution I was doing it like that.=) My bomb in that aspect works as yours.I hope to contribute my experience with the pump on the beach!But for that I must finish exams !!As soon as I go to the beach, I tell you !!!And I tell you!hehe a kiss !!

kiara's profile photo
kiara
07/05/2010 8:39 a.m.

The information I have is "protocol" from my hospital, as well as all I have on how to put the bomb and guidelines to follow when you are with Cetona.The truth is that I consider myself fortunate since in my hospital they are pro-pump and there is a fairly good team.As it is quite information to copy it here ..... Let's see if I can scan it and I upload it as attached (although I have never done it) in case I could serve someone else.The truth is that I have not yet needed it because I have not done any high -impact sport, I have only been swimming and half a horita, or I have gone to the beach ..... so I have not yet used it,For the afternoons of walks and a little more active directly I wear a temporary basal with 0.1 less and for now I have managed .......

virginia's profile photo
virginia
07/06/2010 3:25 a.m.

Hello Virginia,
I see that you are very put with the pump issue.I wanted to ask you a little thing, this is also our first summer with a bomb and we are testing with several "tricks" so that the catheter does not take off with the water, but I wanted to ask you when you have bathed and when it comes to connect again, youIs it easy to connect the pump to the cannula?It costs me horrors, I have to do a lot of strength, so much that I end up taking off the adhesive, between wet that is still and the force I do ... Do you have any trick to do it to the first?
A kiss.

DiabetesForo
07/07/2010 4:11 a.m.

Hi Marcita ......

Thanks for the compliments but do not believe that I am very put ........ rather the opposite, but as I said in another message between the endo, the nurse, the forum of course and the psychologist of the association ofAlicante who has a bomb and in his day helped me a mogollón to solve doubts ..... I think I have enough information although I am still very fish. I have the lucky that although I give myself.I swim or bathe ... For now I have never taken off the dressing, if it has ever started to take off through the edges but has not gone to more.Anyway, if I see that it begins to take off as summer, I will try the novelty of the novel that some other forero.I think that will be enough.The cannula ... if it happened to me, moreover, a week ago I went to the day to the beach and it cost me God and helps to connect again ......I usually hold my thumb and index the dressing and with the other hand I turn and disconnect.The fact is that this day I was struck by what happened to me later, (I don't know if it was chance) and I have come to the conclusion that the plastic dilates with heat and that is why there is no way to connect it again .... that is ... it is as if your feet are inchan, you barefoot and then there is no way to fit again ..... I do not know if I explain ... the subject is that I one of the timeI connect after leaving the water ... and I had no problems ...... and when I definitely connected my way home with the fresquito of the car ... either ... I already tell you, I was stillCoincidence but yesterday that I went to the beach in the afternoon and I was practically all afternoon under the umbrella and in the water I did not happen to me either .......
Let's see if someone else has observed it and can tell us something ........

virginia's profile photo
virginia
07/07/2010 5:15 a.m.

Hi Kiara:

Well, I hope I have done well ..... I have stuck the 2 pages of the pattern for disconnection and sport that they gave me in the hospital.I hope they serve you ... there is some little note that my educator noted by hand .....

virginia's profile photo
virginia
07/07/2010 2:36 p.m.

Hello Virginia. In the guideline you have uploaded, it says that if you have & GT; 150mg.Put the half of the corrector bolus and you have put a score that puts no, we have to administer half or not?
Thanks for uploading the guideline, I will serve a lot

chema's profile photo
chema
07/07/2010 4:16 p.m.

Hello Chema ....
I'm glad it serves you too.As you can see, these pages are the 8.9 and 10 points of some leaves of notes that gave me ..... Let's see if this afternoon or tomorrow I scan and hang them so you have the complete info for those who do notYou have this type of annotations .......
Regarding the guideline, they told me that since I am especially sensitive to insulin I would start with what he scored by hand and from there increasing if I was short.So my pattern would be:
If blood glucose less than 70: ingest 10-20 grs.HC and reduce the basal by 60-70%
If blood glucose between 70-150: reduce the basal by 50%
If glycemis greater than 150: Look if there is ketone, if it is + not play sports, if it is -Reduce the basal 30 %
All this rectified me because I told them that one of the times I went to swim, before exercising I was with 300 and without ketone, I put 1 bolus corrector of 1 unit and disconnected to swim, when I finished exercising andI connected again after about 3/4 of time between swimming, showering etc ...... I was with 55 .......

virginia's profile photo
virginia
07/08/2010 4:06 a.m.

Another question more, when do you bathe in the pool, always put the safety cap?What work is it hard for me to put it and take it away, my mother ...

DiabetesForo
07/08/2010 4:59 p.m.

Hello

I carry the accu ckek pump, and the bolus is immediately.On the screen it marks the amount of insulin pending bolus (enter 0.1 per second)
For the pool if I recommend putting the safety cap.And on the beach control the puncture area very well.The first year does not take away my bomb and end several infections, nothing important, but it is not very funny.In the pool nothing happens to me, but on the beach between the sand and the salt, for me it is a roll to wear the pump.In two weeks I will go to the beach, and that week I will return to the "wonderful" world of bowling and punctures ... what a little desire

tica's profile photo
tica
07/09/2010 7:41 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Virginia, thank you very much!This summer I return home, so between how little I know, your notes and the nurse who helps me diabetes, I think I will take it very well!I have been these days on the beach ... And the truth is that it has not done well ... except for the first day, that I did not baffle 5 minutillos every time I wanted to enter the water ... that it will beWhat you have to do !!The 2 day it seemed that as you said one hour and the basal ... Tb M was going well, but these two last days ... by the clouds ... so I will clash your notes very well, and I will try a couple oftimes more to be baffled for hours ... and if I see that it can't be ... well ... bombs pa´rriba bomba pa´bajo!hahaha thank you very much, you serve as great help !!A BESOO!

kiara's profile photo
kiara
07/12/2010 6:27 a.m.

Hello everyone, I have the cold portfolio for the doctor's pump, the poucho.It is cheaper than Friouk's and lasted more cold time.If you put in Google Paucho Cold Portfolio Insulina, it appears to buy it in Spain and outside of Spain.

They left me one of Friouk and compared to this is much worse, but it is my opinion ......

malefica33's profile photo
malefica33
06/12/2015 6:37 p.m.

Madrid, 44 años, DMID desde los 11 años. Terapia: Bomba Accu-Chek Spirit Combo (Humalog). SMCG Freestyle Libre. Complicaciomes: IAM. Enfermedad coronaria sereva ravascularizada, retinopatia OD, DE Implante protesis AMS 700.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.