Let's talk about fruits

DiabetesForo's profile photo   07/05/2013 3:23 a.m.

We are going to encourage us all something else, which is noticeable that it is summer and we are somewhat lazy with the forum.
Today I propose that we comment on the issue of fruit.For me, and I suppose that for many, it constitutes one of the worst efforts of our disease.Before diagnosing myself, I ate fruit in quantity and I miss it.
Once I read out there that it is beneficial, that it can be eaten in moderate quantities, that such fruit or that other is good for diabetics, etc, etc, etc ... much bad vibes, as always.
But as you all know, we ourselves end up knowing what is wrong or, and the truth is that in my case, in general the fruit produces me tremendous rush (cherries, watermelon, melon, and let's not talk about grapes or orange).
I have practically renounced them, except for a very small amount to allow me the luxury of not losing those flavors.
What best tolerated, apple and pear.Of those if I can eat a whole piece.
It would be interesting to know your experiences and attitudes.
All the best.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/05/2013 3:23 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The fruit is one of the things that I have practically stopped eating in my case.
Only as an apple from time to time, since I target the diabetes I have only eaten 2 times Platano, and if I know that this fruit is untouchable that has a lot of sugar, but I could not resist both times that I have eaten it.
Now for dessert only as yogurt and also from time to time, skimmed yogurt and no sugar with pieces of fruit of the landowner or those of the Aldi, and this is already the fruit that as the one that says as the yogurt.

DiabetesForo
07/05/2013 5:10 a.m.

I also at the beginning also towards the effort but seeing the climbs that I stick only I take an orange juice when I am low and some apple from time to time.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/05/2013 6:22 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Well, particularly, I only affect the orange juice that the glucose rises;Of the rest of the fruits, I do not know if it will be due to the control that I carry with food and physical exercise, it does not affect me to the point that after each meal I can take 3 generous melon cuts that does not affect me at all;or bore me to cherries either.
So now I take advantage of how good it is.;)

DiabetesForo
07/05/2013 6:28 a.m.

It is that after eating the fruit they feel like a shot, if I take any dessert fruit I am two or three days with gases and made stomach dust.And outside of meals I am shooting at 400 or so for taking a few cherries or a couple of pieces of melon.:(

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/05/2013 7:29 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Well, I feel much better than other meals, to snack I always like two slots of watermelon in summer and in winter an apple and I always have it much better than if I ate something else I even got off quite a lot if alone as a fruit and thenI exercise.
all the best

campanilla's profile photo
campanilla
07/05/2013 7:44 a.m.

Well, as a lot of fruit, right now I am eating some cherries, always telling the rations of hydrates and putting the corresponding insulin, I have no restriction.Those who are type 2 have it more complicated but it seems to me that in a healthy diet the fruit is fundamental.

DiabetesForo
07/05/2013 2:27 p.m.

It happens to me as to Prado.I have cut myself a lot in pregnancies but I have always eaten fruit (less at breakfast because it was impossible to hit insulin).

DiabetesForo
07/07/2013 6:16 p.m.

Although it is true that glucose rises a lot, I try to eat almost every day, the trick, count the hydrates and adjust insulin well, in summer the fresh fruit is a luxury!: D

flanders's profile photo
flanders
07/17/2013 5:40 a.m.

If you are absolutely right, but you know for example I think it alters the glucose, the ration of sweet melon to that of one that is not.Does the same thing happen to you or not?

Marial's profile photo
Marial
07/19/2013 3:12 p.m.

I take fruit at each meal and in the middle of the morning, I have no problems with it, I do telling the portions.

MercedesL's profile photo
MercedesL
07/23/2013 6:04 p.m.

When do you have the rations, take into account the glycemic index? I am thinking about the question about how sweet melon affects, I understand that it refers to that it is mature, compared to a greenest, or less mature one.Could it be like raw carrot (IG 20) or cooked (IG 85)?

I leave you link with the theme of glycemics index: Link

fer's profile photo
fer
07/23/2013 6:17 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

The fruit is together with the vegetable, two basic and essential foods, and perhaps the most important food groups in a balanced diet, for their preventive power of the most important diseases (read cardiovascular events and cancer).You cannot miss our diet or anyone's.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
07/23/2013 7:52 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Well, I take a lot of fruit with its adequate insulin dose.2 rations in food and dinner and 1 ration in lunch and snack.
I get up like everyone, but with insulin it gives me an acceptable peak.At the time I am on my threshold.
At the impossible breakfast, never success with the doses.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/31/2016 10:08 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I do not affect any fruit but obviously you have to eat them with some moderation, that if the fruit that if they are no longer like the grapes, and they were my favorites, I can eat them except during the night that the only thing that I dare toEating is the grapefruit or apple

Hilda's profile photo
Hilda
05/31/2016 6:48 p.m.

Insulin is to use.We have to control the rations, the IG, know the glucose we have, what we will eat.It is true is a very careful mess, but insulin is to use it and the fruit is healthy.Another thing is to eat one fruit or another by weight of each one or for wanting to eat more than something else.But never lacks diets.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/04/2016 9:48 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I have cut the fruit intake but because of wanting to be drier, I have come to eat 3-4 pieces of fruit to measure tomorrow and food, to snack 2-3 and always well.Now I usually eat more fruit as I measure tomorrow and to snack depends on glycemia but minimal 1, then doing the exercise perfect.Not that I never do is eating dinner, it is when you can have the greatest problems of glycemia and they are also unnecessary sugars that will become fat for not burning.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/05/2016 7:41 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

In these months I made a lot of less comwr the fruit as before, at any time it comed what I wanted.Although following the advice of @ruthbia Ponwr more insulin calculating rations to take 3o4 pieces a day.

DiabetesForo
06/05/2016 11:09 p.m.

Chic@s In the end we are going to become nutritionists!I'm sure we already know more than many of them ...

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/06/2016 9:33 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia hahahahaha thanks for the girl hahahahaha

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/06/2016 10:21 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.