{'en': 'High gym and glucose', 'es': 'Gimnasio y glucosa alta'} Image

High gym and glucose

Ana82's profile photo   09/21/2010 6:15 a.m.

Hello!

After all summer I have returned to the gym (in summer I don't go because between the beach, the walks, the go here and there .... Well, it is not necessary!)

Yesterday I play spining class.I measured before class and was 172.

I finished the class, I showered, I returned home and when I measured again I had 297 !!!

Because???????

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
09/21/2010 6:15 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Maybe it is because it gave you hypoglycemia, you did not realize, and then it gave you a bounce effect hyperglycemia (the liver manages blood sugar when the level is low).How much the spinning class usually lasts?I, to be safer, would eat something with sugar before starting to be about 200 or so ...

All the best.

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
09/21/2010 6:21 a.m.

The classes to which I go last 50 minutes and are all of high intensity.
I'm afraid to go high (more than 200) and even more uploaded to me ...... :(

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
09/21/2010 7:42 a.m.

It may be burning more hydrates than you have planned and need to have more blood sugar.I would try to go to 200 or less, I already tell you, and if it doesn't work, I would consult with my educator or my endocrine ...

All the best.

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
09/21/2010 8:37 a.m.

I don't think it is due to any hypoglycemia.
Physical exercise, if intense, usually produces short -term hyperglycemia, and then lowered a lot after two, three, or more hours, can even continue to go down throughout the day.
When strong exercise, we segregate adrenaline, and that produces hyperglycemia, but the effect is very passenger, so be careful with the posterior downs.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/21/2010 9:14 a.m.

Ok.I will be pending.
Thank you very much to 2.

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
09/21/2010 10:37 a.m.

Spinning, as high intensity activity that is, produces that effect.A high hyperglycemia at the beginning;Let's say the body goes crazy, because we do not have the mechanisms of self -regulation of the sugars that the rest has;We secreted glucagon and glycogen is released, but we cannot effectively manage the rest of that counter -establishment process in which the hormones involved cause blood glucose to remain stable;Cortisol, adrenaline, glucagon and insulin act together, which we cannot do.

The result is that in certain sports of great intensity and short duration, we end with a glucose through the clouds.But as they have told you, with the passing of the hours, all the muscle groups involved in that sport will be recharged by glycogen, and your blood glucose will go down a lot.But anyway, because of that peak, spinning is not a sport that seems interesting to me.It is a fashion sport, but it is like the life we ​​live: stressful, very intense, in a short time and drives our body crazy, delicate per se.I prefer the most controlled aerobic.And not for that reason;You can do cross aerobic training with different types of activity to involve several effort areas.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/22/2010 7:20 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

I'm trying things to see what result they give me ...
Yesterday another intense activity (Body Attack) and the same;When I got home 288 .....
I like intense activities because I release a lot of stress (accumulated of the whole day), I feel better, my body shows it and my analysis (except glycosilada) they get perfect.
Moderate exercises make me very nervous (I don't know how to explain it).
I am in mind all your comments and I thank you very much.

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
09/22/2010 7:42 a.m.

Ana, I am with Alea as to what he has said.It happened to me constantly when, a few years ago, I was athletic.I tried to arrive with about 150-180 to the track because I was speeding and my perception of the symptoms with so much exercise was smaller, and still, when we made double training session, I took something else.When I left the training I was always above 230-250-except for a couple of hypos-and an hour later, I had to take 2 juices to the shower because I plummeted and continued like this throughout the night.

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
09/23/2010 8 a.m.

Actually these days, when I arrive from the gym (I always go around 8 in the afternoon) are almost 10 at night.
Ceno and I always measure me about 2 in the morning to see how and these days I have acceptable values ​​over 100-120.
It is true that when I arrive I am quite bad but then it happens to me.
And I have not noticed later lows (it is true that I am sleeping).
And in the morning when I get up because there is everything ...... from 80 to 280 (this was already happening before exercising).
Anyway!

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
09/23/2010 8:10 a.m.

Well, I contribute something that has not been said and it is the food before going to train according to the glycemia you throw, if as you say the blood glucose is pulling to the best it would be an HC contribution of slow or progressive absorption and notFast action, with some juice for the end of the exercise in case that day for whatever the body acted in another way and could end with a blood glucose brushing the hypo.As soon as exercising with high blood glucose I am not very supportive, first for the ketone bodies that are created, second because it will increase your blood glucose and then cause an opposite effect and those changes from high to low or vice versa is not recommended.As for the explosive exercises in a short time .... I would advise you if it is possible to go before the class begins and performs a pre-hell on your own, that when you start the class your body this act as for another heating ordirectly move on to intensity and not reach the class just, heat what is usually heated in these circumstances and demand an intensity to the body to put it in a cold way.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/13/2015 8:22 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Yes, it is because of spining adrenaline, it is one of my favorite sports, high intensity spining.Glucose will upload if you start high, however I do not know why it is if you start with 140 or 150 and you will see how the opposite will happen.
I have done hundreds and hundreds of Indoor cycle hours both teaching and monitor and when I go to the Masters Class of several hours.
When I do running competitions, the same thing happens to me, if I start with 180 or 190 figures I finish high, if I start with 140 figures I have to drink gels or bars.
Do the test that I have already told you, it will also depend if the class you give is aerobic or anaerobic.Just as the same will not upload if the class is all the time sitting with resistance really that the quadriceps would bleed that if it is standing, ha ha ha, what Beast I am

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/13/2015 9:45 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Good, it is true, as you start with more normal levels, fall into chopDexcom, what rage gives me ...: ((((

Gala's profile photo
Gala
08/14/2015 12:09 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

@Luvi then more or less glycemia do you consider that it is advisableAnd I can't keep training.As (lunch) 1 hour before exercising.

That is why I try to start blood glucose in approximately 270 and there are days that gradually fall and other days that on the contrary I get more, it should be noted that I exercise 2 and a half hours a day, an hour and a half of aerobic exerciseand 1 hour of anaerobic exercise.

I really do not know how much glycemia is recommended to start exercising and that I do not upload or get a lot to be able to do 2 and a half hours of exercise that I do daily ... what do you think?

Maru's profile photo
Maru
08/14/2015 1:36 a.m.

DT1 desde hace 22 años
Lantus (18 unidades) Humalog (de acuerdo a glucemias)
Última glicosilada 7,7 =(
Apasionada al gym, el ejercicio físico

Totally Han Solo, so after 3 years I still go to the Gym, I am from SpiningSping, Bodypumb, BodycombatBodycombat Bodycombatbody ... and sometimes combined.I had monumental early morning hypos and I used to do sports in the afternoon and if I turned it, the fuck all the outstanding day ... They told me to try to make less impact, but go to the gym to do some tape or yoga or things or things, just as k no ... like that kk, so we are.

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
08/14/2015 10:25 a.m.

I finished fed up with the gym, I had to click before, after, after a few hours, drinking juices until I had nausea ... still it always came out or 300 or shaking for a hiccup, and then the rest of the week had manymore hypos and stronger than when I did not do it.Not to mention that the unique times that I have passed out has been doing sports.

Do you really note Advantages in Type1 Control?

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/14/2015 2:59 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I am type 1 diabetic and the truth is that I do see advantages.I do both aerobic (spinning) and toning (body pump), and it is true that the latter is more comfortable since I do not have to eat before going to the Gym and I do notice the next day that I have lower levels of sugar.
And with the spinning what I do is measure myself before and in the middle, if I am low I take some fast action or unemployment.And it is true what you say, if I am in 200, I get more;And if I am in 150, it lowers me.

Pepita's profile photo
Pepita
08/14/2015 3:25 p.m.

Swim, dance, walk .., or yoga.I believe that the best is the traquila life. All the crushing, which rises adrenaline, bad.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/14/2015 3:44 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I never upload glucose with exercise, whether high or medium intensity, it only lowers me.

More or less every half hour of running intensely (fast and with rhythm changes) I get about 75 glucose, and make a half -hour session of force exercises (dominated and such) lowers me about 25.

I have never had a hypo exercising, I usually start with almost 200 and in half an hour I like a bar, without problems so far.

I do everything, I run, strength, contact sports ... and I do not plan to stop even if I ever have a scare.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
08/14/2015 3:57 p.m.

I was also tired of having to drink glucose (AJJJ) by the hypos after exercise or to have hyperglycemia ... of not controlling anything, despite the fact that my "educator" told me that it machaconallyThey were insulin, education and sports ... It was impossible for me to have good control until I put on the bomb.In my opinion, the bomb is irreplaceable for people whom we like to crush the sport and allow more or less good control.

Maru, are you two and a half hours of daily sport?: -Ot you are my idol !!!

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
08/15/2015 8:41 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.