{'en': 'Without insulin ... bad drink.', 'es': 'Sin Insulina... Mal trago.'} Image

Without insulin ... bad drink.

Quim's profile photo   09/22/2010 5:52 p.m.

Hello everyone.

Today I had an experience that made me feel very bad ... Luckily it is only the 2nd in 5 months that I have diabetes.

I go to work at 8 in the morning and about 8.30h I inject the Levemir, what surprise mine that I discover that I did not carry the insulin in my backpack, I only had the glucometer, I had left it at home!

Good luck I did not live far but I had no choice but to look for it ... the feeling of helplessness has been horrible, just thinking that before nothing happened with anything that I forgot at home, now I had to go for somethingTo be able to live.

I will be honest when I enter and have seen it on the usual place I have taken a cry of impressive rage and to top it up I hurt when I am injected.

I feel to write such sad things but I know that many identify with this and explain these things vent.

Thank you all for being ... Forera family!

Hugs.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
09/22/2010 5:52 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Nah, welcome to the Forgotten Club ... Mobile alarm is my favorite tool, pity that I don't pay attention to him: D

It has already been 3-4 times the ones that I had to get out of the bus and return home to put on the less ...
In the end I have chosen to match Levemir and Novorapid, at breakfast and dinner ... a fattening, but at least minimized the possibilities of oblivion ... Of course the consequences are worse, neither fast nor slow: shock ::-//

I have felt more unprotected without the glucometer: Oops: I feel very vulnerable: "What if I have a descent? How do I know?"

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/23/2010 3:32 a.m.

Hi Quim, come coupled, that it could still have been worse ... Imagine that you would not have remembered whether you have put it on or not ... Well, that happens many times, do not believe, and then what to do?That is a dilemma whose solution is to be all the holy day pending the results of the gluco ... the important thing is that it has resolved and as Owash says an alarm "to which you pay attention" would be an option to haveIN ACCOUNT.
I with what I am when I am when my daughter was put on the bomb ... You do not imagine the tranquility that you can check if you have put it, at what time and how much ....

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
09/23/2010 5:24 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

The other day was a party in my community and we stayed to go out all friends to spend the day around.
Just the previous day my educator had changed the time of the Lantus (we spent it from 11 in the morning to 14 in the afternoon).
After eating and already in the desktop (they were about 17.30 in the afternoon) I ask my boyfriend: "Do you realize if today I punctured the lantus?" ....... .: Shock:
Indeed.I had completely forgotten.I didn't have it and we were far away.
Surprisingly that day, my glucose levels were the most normal.(At night when I arrived home I click half of the amount of Lantus that corresponded to me) .......
Neither my educator nor I understand it :(
In the end!!!Now that I have changed my time (at 12 at night) I have decided to put the mobile alarm (so many changes make me crazy !!!!!! How are I not going to forget?).
Alarms are a good option: D

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
09/23/2010 6:52 a.m.

Quim, I understand you, although "without insulin ... bad drink" ...: mrgreen: worse what I did to my son.
Early as at 7 in the morning the Lantus touches him and I half asleep, not to say something worse, since I take medication for anxiety, I go and take 47 units instead of rapid Lantus :?: ((: ((the poor also asleep because he trusted me he puts it without looking and at the time of I remove the needle I realize the big mistake. My mother, I never felt so much fear. The poorTomorrow entered into the emergency room, until the whole effect will happen.
Greetings and courage.

DiabetesForo
09/23/2010 7:39 a.m.

I believe that every diabetic (or I play it to the point of saying that at 80% easy) something like this has happened: forgetting the insulin/glucometer, confusing quickly and slowly, forgetting completely to put the basal or put it twoSometimes (both have happened to me when I was smaller, with my father's help) ... the issue is that we manage to solve it, Quim, and that it is only a bad time.

For me, personally, the worst thing that can happen to me is to forget a juice or some glucose.If I do not carry the glucometer on top I do not like it, but the truth is that I know myself quite well and I am more careful and survive without scares, and the same with insulin.I prefer a thousand times that I lack insulin and have hyperglycemia to have hypo and not have juice ... the first thing I solve it eating little or no hydrates that day and returning home before, but the second sometimes creates some anxiety and in the endI just thought about thinking about it.I suppose that wearing only 5 months living with diabetes greatly influences, but do not feel clumsy, which has happened to us all.When you take routine it is much simpler.My trick is to put the basal insulin always before dressing, and if I do not do so, I notice that something is being forgotten.Each master has its booklet, so you'll see how you can find your trick;)

Ali

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
09/23/2010 7:54 a.m.

Montrial, you carry the same as me with diabetes, 5 months
I have never forgotten, for now, to put insulin, what I have forgotten is to look at me after eating, it happened to me several times, I always carry the sugar with the cookies, I take a small tupper in my bag, if I forgot a day, sure it gives me hiccups :)) :)) :))
Quim, thankfully you were close and could solve it, I don't put insulin in the morning, little breakfast and if I get down, I'm still on a honeymoon
Greetings,

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
09/23/2010 8:24 a.m.

Well, when I used feathers, I never happened to me, I never forgot to prick but now that I have a bomb, it has happened to me twice, forgetting the breakfast bolus (I'm half asleep hehehejej) and at two hours the 400 hours in the gluco sings je ...
The good thing about the bomb is that if you doubt just looking at the history of the bowling you have it solved ...

I also feel very insecure without the meter so he is always going with me, I have ever had to go home from the office, thankfully I live 5 minutes: Mrgreen: If I lived very far I would have one here in the OFI .....

DiabetesForo
09/23/2010 8:33 a.m.

I am a complete mistake, so I have also left the insulin or the glucometer ever ... or I have forgotten to inject it ... or I have injected quickly instead of slow ... come on, that it happened to me aboutEverything :)) But little by little I have less mistakes, I hope to improve over time ...

By the way, yesterday I was in class and I had forgotten to take a juice in my backpack, with the bad luck that gave me a hypoglycemia in the middle of the class and I had to eat the sandwich I carried to lunch :?

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
09/23/2010 11:30 a.m.

I, who have already had several bad rolls by forgetfulness, what I do is have the feathers inside the glucometer, along with four injecting needles, in addition to glucose and always take it with me wherever I go, it is already part of me.It's like the wallet or phone, well more important.I think any unforeseen event that prevents me from going home can happen for the material so I have chosen to take it and assume it as my artificial pancreas.If the natural pancreas cannot leave it there, then our artificial either.:)

maravisa's profile photo
maravisa
09/23/2010 noon

To me of all the "classic" mistakes (which are the ones that have cited) the one that gives me the most with difference is to confuse quickly.If I wear the usual amount of Lantus but with the novorapid, I think I would not give me time to mark the 112. What horror, just think about my hair.

Forgetting the ball has happened to me, catch me in a place where you cannot do anything (in that case, and especially with the slow one, do not click and that's it. One day it is spent in any way, you repeat yourself faster and watch yourselffurther).It has also happened to me to forget to click on a meal (I always shed after eating, sometimes up to an hour later), and be at work and remember it and not have a ball.And have to go to a pharmacy and ask for insulin.And as a kidney costs, telling them that the next day would take the recipe (because I didn't plan to pay the 60 or 70 euros it costs).

As for the issue of whether I have punctured or not, that doubt has always worried me a lot, especially to me, because as I said, I am not stable after the food and many times I fuck after eating, with which I cannotHave the routine to sit at the table and prick.That is why in the end I got a system to be clear if I have punctured or not.And it simply is that every time I am going to eat, I feel at the table and plant the ball/s on the table with their corresponding needles prevented by it.And I click when I click, in doing so I put everything in the same place, but the needles are already open with their seized seals.With which I see that I have punctured.It may seem nonsense, but when you have many things in your head or you are distracted, or a thousand more things, something as routine as clicking can make us go into doubt.And it is important to be clear.I have not doubted this system again.Of course, the system requires that the needles are used only (which on the other hand, is the official recommendation of the IDF and the WHO, although lately we are asking us in the Basque country that we reuse the needles).

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/23/2010 12:02 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Well, well, "beautiful" east theme of the mixture of disguise with diabetes….I have seen myself talking to my wife on more than one occasion while looking for the phone throughout the house ... And I was talking to her by phone !!!!... precisely I realized my mistake because she asked me what I was doing that it seemed not to listen to her ..."Joé, look for TV ...And then I realized ... so this mixed with diabetes, explosive.
As they tell you there is no other than to look for routines that favor the one that you cannot forget, in fact, I did it when I used feathers ... the problem was then precisely the fact of being routine, which, for example, in the middle of the afternoon I entered meHuge doubts about if I had put the insulin of the food, of course, it is that being something routine I did not remember having done it, I mean the complete process of getting everything, clicking and throwing the remains ... more than once I had to lookIn the garbage ... or at work trying in the middle of the afternoon how many needles I had brought to me, subtracting the ones that were left ... and taking into account if I have corrected or not halfway ... but, had I corrected me?... God, that Cruz, one more reason to move on to the bomb, which I did.

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
09/23/2010 1:18 p.m.

Do not worry everyone has ever happened to me, sometimes I do not remember having put it or leave me somewhere else and have a "climb"
Even a couple of times I remember that I put it twice, imagine instead of 5 or 12 of fast, well that day abhor the sweet .... Well, what do not worry.

david29's profile photo
david29
09/25/2010 6:43 a.m.

Lantús 0-22-0 Novorapid 3-7-0
Hemo 7

Montrial, you carry the same as me with diabetes, 5 months

Anabeg ... I am a diabetic since the age of 9 and I have almost 21 now hahaha, I referred to Quim;)

<BLOCKQUOTE JUAN = "" LUIS "" = "" REL = ""
And say it, Juan Luis.I am with you in that: sometimes routines are what save us, but others ... you learn to do so without realizing it, that you totally distract yourself and then it is chaos.It happens to me with sugar measurements.Absolute disaster.You trust too much.

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
09/26/2010 9:05 a.m.

Hello everyone ..... it seems impressive .... thank you very much for all your comments ... how I identify with these stories and that I know they will happen to me ... forgive not write anything before but not even imagine what there wereso much.
The truth is that I feel much more animated and reading this one does not feel so alone.
Today I had a visit with my educator-nutritionist and congratulated me for the good controls that I have told him about the forum and I have recommended it so that anyone who has this problem, that we have in common, can also walk around here and enjoyof one good fellow foros like you.
Huge hugs.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
09/27/2010 2:04 p.m.

Hi Paz-Angel, I understand you, the children surpasses us.
He once gave me a bestial hypoglycemia, of these championship, at dawn, about 5 in the morning, I don't know if I had 20 or less, total, that unconscious, my husband tried to give me something but I squeezed and tightened andI became aggressive and to hit cakes to everyone who got ahead, as the poor is already trained, because he put on the glucagon and little by little I became well, it was a death scare, then the typical headache that you have leftWith everything you have in the body.Well, what I am going to, that when I got fine I gave me to cry, a crying one that came to me that you do not see, thankfully it was weekend and I did not have to go to work, I would not have gone of course but well, better so, better so..., the thing to reassure me, my husband brought me to my son who was about three years old and said: he walks, he encourages mom to be sad, and he asked why I was sad, and of course,My husband's occurrences, I was crying more about thinking that I could not have told him and my child is left without a mother, my mother's, that's why I am so afraid of night hypoglycemia, I prefer to go somewhat high to bed ...A hug.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
09/30/2010 4:35 a.m.

It has not given me (yet, I suppose) any serious hypoglycemia but one day I started to give me one and, when I measured the sugar, I was 12 :?I suppose it would be an error of the glucometer because, although I was wrong (the typical symptoms of the hypo), I was perfectly aware ... although they also entered me with 790 when I was diagnosed with diabetes and I was so normal (except for the dry mouth,Anxious hunger, tiredness and have lost ten kilos ...).

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
09/30/2010 6:04 p.m.

It has not happened to me either, how minimal I have had a 40 and it was because I put more insulin than normal at lunchtime, but they give me panic, I try to go to night a little tb, is that there are nights inI am alone with the girl, my husband works in shifts like me, but when this nights I'm afraid that a hicc
Jorditel I When I entered with 700 I was so active, unless I saw blurry and drink a lot
Greetings

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
09/30/2010 6:10 p.m.

That is why I mean that each person will have a sensitivity to hyper and hypoglycemia, I suppose ... although with hypoglycemia I almost always get bad (dizziness and that), that's why I don't think that level (12) was fine: |

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
10/01/2010 11:35 a.m.

Look Quim, so you can see that I have been: this morning I have left to university without the fast ball.I have been until 7 p.m.I don't know how I would have done it.Salad and veal fillet to eat, and patience ...

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
10/06/2010 5:13 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.