{'en': 'Without insulin ... bad drink.', 'es': 'Sin Insulina... Mal trago.'} Image

Without insulin ... bad drink.

Quim's profile photo   09/22/2010 5:52 p.m.

Regarding the crying for the success, that usually happens at the beginning ... I one day (a bad bad day), he gave me that I was never going to click.And there was no way, I got into bed, I cried that he cries you, and there was no way of clicking, I was biting and said that, until I was dying.I was like a day and peak, my husband already threatened to bring my parents and the only thing he managed to soften me was that he made blackmaFinal between the three of us put insulin.The truth is that now I think about it and I realize everything I kept at the beginning and exploded out there.
As anecdote roll "I am stunned" once I click quickly instead of the slow one, I confused myself, you already imagined the result, "often disaster" less bad than I get little slow;))

pochola's profile photo
pochola
07/30/2015 4:32 p.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

Woooow! I have a panic at that, if I quickly put me the 24 units.Slowly, I ended up in a sure coma!

How did you recover ???

fer's profile photo
fer
07/30/2015 6:20 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

It also terrifies me slowly with fast, so the Lantus is put with syringe and the rapid with bolis ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/30/2015 6:25 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

If that is the great fear that I had also when I was with the bowling, confuse the slow one with the fast.Once I passed the revenge, I put the dose of novorapid with the Levemir.Inside everything was not so serious, the only thing that the post of the dinner was sorrow but well, obviously throughout the night he went down and got up well.Now with the pump fortunately I can not confuse.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
07/30/2015 7:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If we confuse quickly, do you have any plan?

I have it clear, all the glucagon syringe and glucose gel envelopes without stopping one behind the other, and measuring every 5 minutes.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
07/30/2015 7:44 p.m.

Well, the plan is that, have everything prepared for when the party begins

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/30/2015 8:32 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Apart from taking gels or coca-cola I think that emergencies would go to put me sueron glucosado by dropper.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
07/30/2015 8:41 p.m.

The glucagon rises quite a lot and costs to lower an egg, it is super resistant to insulin.
When I had to put it on, and they have been several because it costs me a lot to overcome the descents, until you return to normal levels .... ole .. it seems that the insulin does nothing, I have to run several timesAnd it takes

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/30/2015 9:27 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

UfffThat happened once.He confused quickly.And Fulminao fell.Round to the ground.And at my grandmother we had no glucagon.We put honey under the tongue while the ambulance arrived.

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
07/30/2015 9:44 p.m.

And also call 112, which, according to what you wear, is a fat emergency ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/30/2015 10:11 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

fer said:
woooow!, I have a panic at that, if I quickly put me the 24 units.Slowly, I ended up in a sure coma!
artories said:
If we confuse quickly do you have any plan?
I have it clear, all the glucagon syringe and glucose gel envelopes without stopping one behind the other, and measure every 5 minutes.

How exaggerated you are, I remember another user who went straight to the hospital when it happened to him.

I sulked 20 units of fast (Humalog) and sometimes I have also punctured me by mistake and nothing has happened to me.I have taken a lot of dessert with sugar and now, sometimes I have not even had hiccup, look at it every half hour.

The fast if you click a lot loses speed and power and has a much slower effect.With me with the 20 units it lasts 6 or 7 hours always.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/31/2015 12:12 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I quickly put about 5 or 6 units normally, and Lantus 20. It would be four times the normal dose, so I would have to put x4 hydrates, it is not an easy thing.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
07/31/2015 12:18 a.m.

artories said:
I quickly put about 5 or 6 units normally, and Lantus 20. It would be four times the normal dose, so I would have to put hydrates x4, it is not an easy thing.

Surely putting the double I would cover you insulin because as I tell you the fast loses speed and power when you get a lot.

pochola said:
I one day (a bad bad day), he gave me that I was not going to click again.And there was no way, I got into bed, I cried that he cries you, and there was no way of clicking, I was biting and said that, until I was dying.I was like a day and peak, my husband already threatened to bring my parents and the only thing he managed to soften me was that he made blackmaFinal between the three of us put insulin.

That stop clicking that I haven't thought of it times.But you have a husband, daughter, parents ... I have nothing, and often I don't make much sense to continue with all this absurd roll of healthy eating, constant control, punctures, insulins and the mother who gave birth toThose who invented this shit of therapy.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/31/2015 12:30 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Already, everything depends on the sensitivity to insulin.I did put me 20 of fast at dinner time I would have to eat 26 rations of HC that seems not but they are already rations ....

Inday's profile photo
Inday
07/31/2015 12:32 a.m.

Inday said:
is already that everything depends on the sensitivity to insulin.If I put me 20 fast at dinner time I would have to eat 26 portions of HC that seems not but they are already rations ...
I have already said that the rapid from a certain amount loses power and speed of action.

And in this of the rations I do not believe anything, normally in the food at most, the equivalent of half a bar of bread and a paste of bolleria for dessert, I put 20 units of Humalog and in all the controls that I make myself I am perfect.

Well, sometimes I want to regime and as only a salad and meat and just any bread (one or two slices) and without dessert and clear reduction a bit the dose to 12 or so at two hours I am at 300. At the beginning ofSummer I was 4 or 5 days trying it and in the end it goes from everything because eating much less was always fatal.It is as if the body is accustomed to an amount of insulin and eats what you eat wants that amount.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/31/2015 1:01 a.m.

Well, as I don't get much about Lantus, I injected 8 quickly, the first thing I ate and at the end was when I realized that something happened (sweat, tremors, tachycardia and when clicking I was 38 (incomprehensible with what I had eaten, that's why I realized the error) I started to eat everything I caught with sugar (my husband eats a lot2 days with fatal sugar.of the downturn.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
07/31/2015 10:40 a.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

fer said:
woooow!, I have a panic at that, if I quickly put me the 24 units.Slowly, I ended up in a sure coma!

How did you recover ???

The other day at the time of the snack, my son went up to the attic where I was working: "Dad, dad, that I was wrong and instead of clicking the 3 a novorapid of the snack I have put myself the 22ud thatI usually put a lesson!
The first thing I did was try to avoid panic and put my shoes to go to the emergency room.Then he assured me that when he stopped, the needle marked about 14ud, that is, he had punctured about 8 units.
So, with the help of Dexcom, he took a snack and sweets who knew Gloria.At all times it was between 90 and 180.
In spite of what Sherpa41 says, moving from few units to many is the reason to pystand to emergency (in this case it could have been 3 to 22).It is not the same going from 20 to 40 as from 6 to 40.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
07/31/2015 12:07 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

aaandres said:
Despite what Sherpa41 says, moving from few units to many is the reason to go out to the emergency (in this case it could have been 3 to 22).It is not the same going from 20 to 40 than from 6 to 40.

Man if they are much more ... I do injected half a ball would also run to the emergency room and if it is a child I would also scare me, but in adults bend the dose I think you can handle yourself well taking more sugar.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/31/2015 12:28 p.m.

artories said:
I quickly put about 5 or 6 units normally, and Lantus 20. It would be four times the normal dose, so I would have to put hydrates x4, it is not an easy thing.

I carry more or less the same guideline, and one thing I have observed is that if I put 3 and after a while 3 more, the effect is less than if I put 6 suddenly, that is, when I put it suddenly it isMore accused and low the glucose, in my case, I do not want to think how the quadruple would affect me!

fer's profile photo
fer
07/31/2015 10:41 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

It has happened to me on more than one occasion to forget insulin at home although lately less luckily
Before leaving I looked at 3 fundamental things glucometer insulin and some small juice to overcome hypos.
That of confusing quickly with slow if it gives terror and I do not want to think of the consequences 35 units of slow by fast uhhh jolines. For luck the bolis are of different colors that makes it more difficult to mix luckily.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/07/2015 6:30 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.