{'en': 'Water intake relationship-glycemia reduction', 'es': 'Relación ingesta de agua-reducción de glucemia'} Image

Water intake relationship-glycemia reduction

DiabetesForo's profile photo   09/28/2010 12:05 p.m.

Hello,

I have found this thread, and reflot it because it seems to me that there is an important nuance on the subject that has not been commented;And although it seems obvious, there are perhaps many people who do not know at the beginning of diabetes ...

What @"Pedro Jiménez" says that in very high blood glucose situations hydration is the first therapeutic measure accompanied by insulin, it is very clear.

The nuance is as follows: water in large quantities helps eliminate glucose surpluses through urine, and therefore helps lower blood glucose.But this glucose that takes the water via urine is not used by the cells of our body, but directly eliminated.On the other hand, insulin lowers blood glucose level because glucose is transported to the cells of our muscles to feed them.

imara's profile photo
imara
12/09/2016 1:01 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It seems to me that the conclusion is that drinking enough water 2 liters minimum both in winter and more in summer, it helps a lot to diabetes

Jimmymoha's profile photo
Jimmymoha
03/06/2017 3:39 a.m.

Try and comment on the results

Jimmymoha's profile photo
Jimmymoha
03/06/2017 3:40 a.m.

Well, my experience is as follows:
He punctured me before breakfast, food and dinner (according to Dextro) between 5 and 7 novorapid units according to the boards of my endo.
At night he punctured me 30 units of Lantus and got up between 90 and 110.
As about 20-22 rations of HD.Distributed among the three main meals and although I have had some hypo/hyper I have not had to make use of glucagon.
I have visited the ophthalmologist and the podologist lately, the first one told me that I had a small injury in one eye but that I would not worry and the second after making me radiographs told me that I had nothing and that everything that had a neurological problems and thatI will not worry and will not think about diabetes anymore.
Therefore each one is a different world and what is doing well to another is doing badly.
Greetings to all.

JMJPN's profile photo
JMJPN
07/02/2017 4:11 p.m.

imara said:
hello,

I have found this thread, and reflot it because it seems to me that there is an important nuance on the subject that has not been commented;And although it seems obvious, there are perhaps many people who do not know at the beginning of diabetes ...

What @"Pedro Jiménez" says that in very high blood glucose situations hydration is the first therapeutic measure accompanied by insulin, it is very clear.

The nuance is as follows: water in large quantities helps eliminate glucose surpluses through urine, and therefore helps lower blood glucose.But this glucose that takes the water via urine is not used by the cells of our body, but directly eliminated.On the other hand, insulin lowers blood glucose level because glucose is transported to the cells of our muscles to feed them.

I think it is easier to use insulin than drink water.Think this.Normally when there is a hospital admission to diabetes, it is usually for having high glycemia at more than considerable levels, people who enter one of the symptoms are always polydipsia (drinking abundant water, liters and liters), some of these people think that they enterwith lower levels of blood glucose for swelling water?

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/02/2017 10:27 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I have proven that drinking a lot of water urin

rafaelcaballero's profile photo
rafaelcaballero
11/21/2017 11:13 p.m.

Drinking a lot of water can be harmful to our kidneys and precisely with them we should not play much, please care.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/22/2017 12:18 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Man drinking water is now essential to do it in excess is bad, like everything

david29's profile photo
david29
11/22/2017 4:26 a.m.

Lantús 0-22-0 Novorapid 3-7-0
Hemo 7

It is normal to drink about 2 liters of water a day because it is what is estimated to consume.Excess causes kidney damage.
But all people without exception, not just diabetics.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/23/2017 8:09 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

that's @"ruthbia"

The normal are 2 liters, and for all people;When I am with 200 or more, I try to drink more water, because as I read in this forum, it helps to decrease the levels ... but obviously the water does not replace insulin

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
11/23/2017 7:33 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992, con 9 añitos; Tresiba 10, Apidra en función de HC
Freestyle Libre

First of all greetings to everyone, each one tells their experience but someone gives advice as if they had the absolute truth, diabetes in each person is different ,,,, thanks

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
12/30/2018 1 p.m.

If our kidney works well, you are able to reabsorb glucose in urine until we have glycemias greater than 300-350.Drinking water when we are with lower glycemias does not lead to anything and with higher glycemia, what we need is insulin not water.
It is true that with hyperglycemia it is advisableby urine and can lead us to a very serious situation called hyperosmolar coma.
Drinking excess water can lead to loss of salts, especially sodium, which can put life at risk.

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
12/30/2018 3:53 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)
Novorapid 4/6/6 (y lo que caiga por enmedio)
Glicosilada (30/4/19): 6.5

Greetings to all.
They usually recommend drinking 2 liters of liquid either water, infusions, etc.Personally, I think we have to drink the water that the body asks us and not force the kidneys since that can cause us problems.Specifically, drinking water to lower blood glucose levels, in my humble opinion, would be incorrect, since insulin is the passage key for glucose to pass our organs through the cells and is used by theorganism, it would be something absurd to have that glucose in blood without the body from taking advantage of it to ornar it with the help of water.Take advantage of the insulin that is for something.Or learn well to count rations of carbohydrates so as not to have to drink 5 liters of water,

Angel Martin Rosa's profile photo
Angel Martin Rosa
01/07/2019 11:38 p.m.

anabeg said:
hello
Anda, the coffee does not raise glycemia?But the coffee with milk, yes, either?
According to my stup-end, 148 after meals, it's great, up to 180 is a good value
Greetingsss

Milk rises glycemia in my case, coffee 0.
Lastless milk ups me less
ADEU

epilout's profile photo
epilout
01/24/2021 10:51 a.m.

UF What a variety of opinions, I will talk about me.When I have more than 210, I begin to be thirsty, if I exceed 300 I can get to Bberme more than half a blow, for a diabetic or not to drink about 2 liters to 2 and a half daily.For the proper functioning of the nephron. I don't know who has explained it very well the excess water can also be complicated and dangerous.If you don't drink water problems.Now I don't remember it well but I think it was a very concentrated concentrated urine and very liquid blood.And conversely if it is the opposite.I speak with ownership of the subject since I have suffered kidney problems.Greetings to all.

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
01/24/2021 7:39 p.m.

K5288pn25.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.