{'en': 'Water intake relationship-glycemia reduction', 'es': 'Relación ingesta de agua-reducción de glucemia'} Image

Water intake relationship-glycemia reduction

DiabetesForo's profile photo   09/28/2010 12:05 p.m.

Hello again,

First of all, thank the participation of the classmates in the other topics.Finally, with respect to dessert, I am still valuing what I do, I will surely try a piece of fruit, now I am with infusions, (a new world, what I am discovering with this).And no, I am not following any pharmacological treatment.Let's see what lasts, I have my first date with the endocrine shortly.

The consultation that I wanted to raise now is, if you know if there is a direct relationship between drinking a couple of liters of water and after a while, (3/4 hour-1 hour), a considerable reduction occursIn blood sugar levels.I know that diabetics are recommended to drink enough water after the day, but I would like to know if you could confirm if it is for this reason.

Since I am, and for not opening another topic , I have another doubt.What level of blood glucose, would it be adequate to drink, for example, coffee?

I just measured, 2 hours after eating, and I have it at 148. Would it be desirable to be at a lower level? Is it more recommended, to have coffee after the dessert of the food? Does it don't matter?

Thanks again.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/28/2010 12:05 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I cannot answer you from the water, to speak the experts, but the coffee does not raise bloodPar of them for throwing sugar envelope in the coffee, and then remembering that I can no longer take it, heh, heh.: Mrgreen:

DiabetesForo
09/28/2010 2:36 p.m.

Holasss

When you see "a type1" drinking a lot of water (a lot is much more than half a blow) most likely has more than 250 mg/dl of blood glucose ... out of that is free drink and does not affect blood glucose.

As Estuo has said ... coffee is 0 glycemia, one of the few free drinks ... except for its incidence in blood pressure, although for that the decaffeo ...

148 of glycemia 2 hours after eating is inside what I call "unknown medium level": D ... It can be high if you are going to spend the afternoon lying on the couch .... It can be low if you are going towalking 2 hours ... It can be low if the basal insulin takes it with high dose or the opposite if you carry it with low dose ...
That is, the values ​​mean nothing but accompany them from an activity planning and a brain that interprets them (correctly).

DiabetesForo
09/28/2010 2:44 p.m.

Helloaaaaaaaaaa, goodssssss
Anda, the coffee does not raise glycemia?But the coffee with milk, yes, either?
According to my stup-end, 148 after meals, it's great, up to 180 is a good value
Greetings

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
09/28/2010 2:51 p.m.

Milk has carbohydrates, then glycemia rises ... it doesn't matter if it is accompanied by coffee, tea or ice :?

For me, the values ​​are high or low ... if I say they are good or bad it is as if I were judging me in my behavior (I have succeeded with insulin, I have not counted the hydrates well ...) I turn it enoughTo the head with these things as well as to verbalize it and put note.

And as I said before, 180 (if I am going to be walking or working 3 hours in a row at a high rhythm) it can be a low value.

DiabetesForo
09/28/2010 3 p.m.

I have not specified.It would be coffee with milk.
You are right, it is a good or not so good value, depending on how you consider the afternoon.And it will affect more or less, (the C.Conleche), depending the same, on what you do later.
thank you,
Ah, I take advantage, I still know why it is measured and what the "hemoglobin 1" value means.
Greetings to all, and again, thanks

DiabetesForo
09/28/2010 3:11 p.m.

To me with values ​​of 200 or below, if I drink a bottle of water (1.5 liters in 1 or 2 hours) glymia lowers to values ​​that range from 50 to 100, without doing any exercise and without having fast insulin.
I consulted it with my former educator and shouted me telling me that "something else would make water drink" because it was impossible for me to lower my glucose in such a short time just with water.
I have it proven, if I lower it (I drank a lot of water and I had to go down precisely because of that).
But as everyone who sees me tell me: "I do not understand you ......"

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
09/29/2010 7:37 a.m.

The "hypoglycemic water" theory :-) had already heard someone ever as a personal experience.The only explanation that I can see is that perhaps by accelerating the renal process drinking more water, we filter more, and since the kidney is the organ in charge of eliminating the excess glucose (it is usually above 180), I understand that therefore it couldBeing (I don't know, I'm not a doctor) that we eliminate some more glucose than with a lower diuresis drinking less water.

Any doctor in the room could illustrate us about it?

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/29/2010 12:34 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

I notice, at least for now, something similar to Ana happens to me.From there to consult it in the forum.
In fact, I try to drink between liter and liter and a half after each meal so as not to reach high levels during the first 2 hours.

On the other hand, I am relating it to the day I made the glycemia curve.I consulted the nurse, (which, by the way, entertained my arm in his particular search for my vein), if I could drink water while waiting between extraction and extraction, because the glucose solution had left me a semi-angling sensation.And prohibited it strictly.He only told me it was better not to take anything.

I don't know, I understood that on an empty stomach, you could not drink anything, except water, (precisely because it does not influence the values ​​of anything).

It would be good that some doctor would illustrate us, even if it is to say in capital letters, "something else you will have done so that it goes down so much ...."

DiabetesForo
09/29/2010 5:05 p.m.

In my case I can say that there is a direct relationship between drinking water and the reduction of my glycemia.It is more I have the water that I am going to drink when deciding how much insulin I inject.For example if I am at home after eating doing something sedentary I drink water and I inject less insulin and if I go to the street I drink less water and compensate with the activity.
I usually drink 2 and a half liters of water daily and if I do not do my blood glucose, it is not that it injected more insulin units or exercise more.
At the beginning of dealing with diabetes and before finding the appropriate insulin guideline, it happened to me that after dinner I had a hypoglycemia close to 500. I called the emergencies of the health center and the doctor on duty, which by the way ofAll the professionals I have treated has been the one who best explained what it was and supposed the diabetes type 1, told me to drink two liters of water little by little and that at two hours I measured me and indeed without the need to inject myselfBut my glycemia low at almost normal levels.

maravisa's profile photo
maravisa
09/30/2010 4:47 p.m.

Well, in diabetic emergencies due to high figures (lease diabetic ketoacidosis or hyperosmolar situation) the most important therapeutic measure is hydrate (there are mathematical formulas to calculate the amount of liquid to be infused) in addition to administering clear insulin.

The mechanisms are several, as Abeis commented, diuresis is increased, but it must also be taken into account that glucose is an osmotic solute, that is and translated into the Christian, it has to drag water and when the figures are high produces a state of cell dehydration(I translate again, the sugar "steals water to the cells").Only by increasing the amount of liquid in our circulation we also dilute the components that go in it (if half a glass of water with salt and then filled it, is less salty no ???).

Pra that you get an idea in this types of emergencies with high glycemia figures can be refused with about 5-6 liters of serum (at the physiological principle and when glycemia falls from 300 it begins to use glucosado or glucosaline with insulin guidelines with insulin guidelinesfast).Indeed, important water intakes lower glycemia (we are not talking about 1 glass of water, 1-2 liter sno in a short time)

I hope I have explained well

All the best

pedro jiménez's profile photo
pedro jiménez
10/12/2010 5:38 p.m.

Hello!

My personal experience with water ... I worked hehe.It was like that, I was going to leave a party day but before I had a birthday at the house of a friend ... (who lives very close to my house), the thing is that when I was going to dinner I realized that I had forgottenInsulin, which is not rare in me because I always forget something!Well ... I decided not to look for her and to compensate I decided to drink about 4 or 5 liters of water (imagine the meadilla later in the bars hehehe) and the next day when I got up, I did a control and I had it as if I hadpunctured insulin after a party day, a little high but not a hi or anything like that ... I don't remember the figure well, it was some years ago ...

Greetings!I'm glad to see this forum

raquelapalma's profile photo
raquelapalma
10/21/2010 7:12 a.m.

A little high What was it?

What accounts is a barbarity

DiabetesForo
10/21/2010 4:59 p.m.

Hello everyone, I tell you that I have type 2 diabetes, it is happening to me exactly the same thing that is said in this post, today I get up with 130, take a liter of water and at half an hour I had 88, consult with my diabetology and my doctorClinic, surprised by this ... because I have not seen the need to take metformin for a long time ... since my average in 30 days is 108 ... the clinic (an eminence) explained, that the molecules ofSugar are diluted in the blood thanks to water ... It is not the most appropriate method according to him, because in my case, he can lead me to hypoglycemia in the case of having a lot of liquid and avoiding some food ... but it could be said thatIt is a rather efficient method to decrease in the case of an emergency, the levels of sugar, in addition, the weight loss involved a lot in my case ... when I had on weight, or with water I managed to lower the blood glucose and took Islotin from 500 to 500 to850 Depending on the levels, after lowering 25 kilograms and being almost in my ideal weight, not only under my arterial pressure at normal values, but that diabetes is as if it did not exist (obviously it exists, but it is not something so stressful,as was the day that I find out ...).

I hope what I tell you useful, weight loss helps a lot ... and drinking liquids and controlling avoid the damage caused by high sugar (if the level is continuous) in the blood vessels and organs in general.

Atte.Willy

WillyESX's profile photo
WillyESX
05/21/2011 8:29 a.m.

Hello, I am new here, I learned a lot reading the comments about the water, I had 160 glucose after 3 hours to eat, take 5 glasses of water, and after an hour I got off to 95.

Jimmymoha's profile photo
Jimmymoha
02/09/2016 8:58 a.m.

I am not a doctor but the water is not worth lowering glucose.You do not pay attention to products that lower glucose that are not real, it was only necessary to listenIt's true, and drink more of that can be very overwhelming hahaha.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/09/2016 10:11 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Drinking too much water can make you miss out. Nor do you have to pass.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/09/2016 2:07 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

If any doctor here, I could guide me about water if the glucose lowers, I worked for me, I take care of me with meals, I take water 2 to 3 liters per day minimum.In my personal case it works.

Jimmymoha
02/09/2016 5:54 p.m.

@jimmymoha do not have any endocrine you can go and tell you something?
If that is so, I really tell you that you go to good clinic because that must be studied.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/09/2016 6:06 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Discuss experiences on the subject, I am in my normal weight (I drop 15 k), taking care of me with meals and drinking water, Dr. suspended me metformin.Of course each person is a special case.

Jimmymoha
03/09/2016 3:38 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.