Visit to the endocrine ...

tica's profile photo   10/06/2010 5:47 a.m.

I am a bit low of animals.I went to the endocrine last week and believed that I had gotten the sugar very well and hemoglobin came out to 7.1, the truth is that I sink quite a lot because I don't know how more I can improve control.It is true that I have not practically had any hypoglycemia, so it is better than 6.7 with hypoglycemia.The endocrine told me that they had had problems with the laboratories that the figure was not quite correct (he would still tell me so that he would not worry)

From the consultation with the endocrine, I do not know if it is because I am concerned about the consequences that I can have for always having hemoglobin around 7 (and I have been with diabetes for 23 years) or because I have been a bit cooled and with a wound with a wound withPoints in my leg (they told me that I could affect me glycemia) but I can't control sugar.It looks like a roller coaster, and eating and doing exactly the same one day I am good and another evil.Yesterday I did not go from 150 after breakfast, today eating the same, getting up to the same blood glucose (75) with the same insulin, I am 260 (it has spent two hours and I follow to 240, I have already corrected)

My big problem is breakfast (I had already commented on another subject), at the time I make a peak of 300 or 350, sometimes at two hroas I am fine, sometimes I am high and that affects me that until the time of the foodI can't regulate sugar.I have tried breakfast of everything: bread with oil, jam, cookies, cereals, fiber cereals, cereals with a lotTo vomit and I feel something dizzy.

Then the endocrine also wondered that for when pregnancy (to grate a little more ...) and the truth is that I am 26 years old, I have finished the race and the truth is that I do not see myself with a child ...So I asked him if it was really important to have him young and told me that if for any perosna he is important to be young because for someone with more important diabetes for both the son and to mother.I know that I want to have children, but not now (nor in the next years) at what age did the children be with diabetes?What hemoglobin?

Well, I feel the roll, but I needed to vent a little :)

tica's profile photo
tica
10/06/2010 5:47 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Hi Tica .......

There are many recent studies that are demonstrating that it is more dangerous in the long run to have a controlled hem and within the limits based on descents and increases than a little hem but with a diabetes with stable measures (even if they are a bit high).Having a 7 -meter of 7 I think it's not bad ........ It is clear that if it is below, even better but I think you are great.The truth is that I have had between 7 and 7.8 always and tb have crushed me a lot with the theme "baby" but of course ......... I think you should be the one that decides when and not your endo (Whenever your diabetes allows you, of course .......), make it clear that it is not the time and that when it is, you will tell you without hesitation ....... I have almost 34 years (I have a few days to meet them .... sniffff !!!To my regret they have ended up putting an insulin bomb and since I carry it ... my mother !!!!!This is something else !!!!!My hem has dropped to 6 and I think I had not seen so many "100" together in my 10 years of diabetes ..... heh, heh.Maybe you should consider this possibility ...... or at least ask the endo about it.I assure you that it is easier, comfortable and bearable of what it seems and that everyone who proves it ...... does not return to the bowling or crazy.Although I emphasize that at all times you have that possibility, it is not something definitive if you do not want.
Well that ......... regarding the issue of breakfast ...... I don't know what to tell you ............ because as you have already experienced so much ......

virginia's profile photo
virginia
10/06/2010 6:10 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Tica, as Virginia says, it is much better a hem achieved with stable values, than a low hem achieved based on hypos.Do not hurry, which is sometimes not so easy.
I think that you comment on the posts of breakfast I already answered in another thread, with a bomb it is easy to solve that, increasing basal considerably from 1/2 time before breakfast up to 1.5 - 2 hours later.And then going down these to not have hypos before the food.It's a matter of testing.And regarding breakfast in our case both my daughter and my husband take everything, they change, chickens, cereals, toast, donuts, churros.It is a matter of calculating the rations of HC, s that contain and knowing how much insulin you need by ration, and how you have a pump, you have easy to use dual or square bolus if it is about eating slower absorption hydrates, or meals with more fat...
Do not be discouraged that it is not a bad hem.Of course, I am sure that if you are a bit breakfast you will get down some nineteenth that is always appreciated.By the way, the night how do you carry it?It is also very important, it is not the same to spend the stable night in 170 than in 120 ... come, you'll see how you get it.

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/06/2010 6:35 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

I have already uploaded the basal one hour before libanting and for now: yesterday and today ... we are going to give it another chance.The night the perfect pass (less bad) I usually be at 80 and I have no problem waking up with hypos (from a very young age I begin to dream that I need sugar and automatically wake up :)), so "I could risk" to have low thesugar during the night.This month I am with the continuous meter and it is a horizontal line !!

From Crias I had the phenomenon of very marked dawn, my mother woke up at six to put me insulin, because towards a peak of 300 in two hours.He told me in endocrine that breakfast is the same, because although he doesn't eat anything, sugar goes up.

tica's profile photo
tica
10/06/2010 6:51 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

As the great Andres Montes said: "But are we crazy or what?": Mrgreen:

A glycosilada 7.1 is a good result with absences of great hypers and hypers ...

In any case, what matters is the global trajectory since we have diabetes ... look at only 1 result is nonsense ....
We tend to become obsessed with the result of glycosilada and leave aside many other aspects, also very important such as weight, tension, cholesterol, the absence of hypos or hypers ...

We have to learn to value our quality of life .., which is well above whether we are at 6.5 or 7.5

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/06/2010 12:16 p.m.

Ha ha ha,

I know that a 7.1 hemoglobin is not very bad.I have always moved through that range of values ​​(a little lower), when they put the bomb I reached 5 with something, but soon rose again.With adolescence if it reaches 8.5 but it was a bad years.I stayed a little chafada this time because I saw very few 200 when I mediated and made a very strong effort to "do everything right" and go worse than the last time ...

I am a little worried with diabetes because they begin to be many years with this disease (23 years) and I am very worried that consequences I can have in the medium term.I have never been so worried and I obsess my eye (I think I see badly), with the wounds that do not heal me, with having children or stop having them, I have a hives that I cannot sleep from the itching and those of the allergy relate itWith diabetes (the endocrine has told me that it is simply autoimmune, such as diabetes).

I just wanted to share it with you, let off steam a little, because my family has taken importance (the same time too much) and I don't want to see me that I am having a little bad.I hope it is something passenger and "forget about the bad luck of diabetes" thanks to everyone

tica's profile photo
tica
10/07/2010 4:55 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Hi Tica.
I would not become obsessed with that hem.Maybe if you notice that you see worse to do with some finding values ​​or simply have some myopia ... if you are worrying about the allergies, Angel from this summer has tremendous habons .... the allergologistHe tells us that it has nothing to do with diabetes: ?: ... What kind of allergy do you have?

DiabetesForo
10/07/2010 5:36 a.m.

Hi Paz-Angel,

What I have is an idiopathic urticara (or so they have called it) that comes to mean that it is an uritcar to nothing in particular.It is produced by the body itself and there are things that increase it (for example anti -inflammatories or some foods, such as cheese).I get bulls bulky by my body, especially legs and arms.And sometimes my face swells (eyes and lips), especially with anti -inflammatories.

This happened to me six years ago, and a year disappeared again took anti -inflammatories (the fire test) and I did not swell my face or the ranch.I was well for 4 years and suddenly one day, I look in the mirror and I see the damn hooks through my legs ... now I've been for two years and the allergy says it is a long time, which normally lasts between six months and ayears.
I have been a fatal month, at night, asleep, scratch my.Since I took it, they have disappeared, of course I do not sing victory, because I have been a month without the allergy and it has returned, but hey, if it works I will give you the name (it does not carry anything sugar: D)

tica's profile photo
tica
10/07/2010 6:17 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Hi Tica, I was with chronic urticaria for 3 years, and I know what you say that to get up and have my eyes, mouth and face inflated, (how many times I have risen that I amTo the mirror, until I found a fantastic dermatology x q I already believed that I was going to keep this all my life ..........., I prescribed the aerius antistamine, I do not know if you would meet them to meThey were great, apart from that they don't give you anything that I dream of that I had tried all and all the others left me flattened, I've been 2 years without having a ranch (and I play wood) and keep like this

barry's profile photo
barry
10/07/2010 6:50 a.m.

Tica, Angel's ranches are always in arms and legs, once it came out in the ears, poor like a morale.He is also very biting and usually appears just when they get up.I give him the antihistamine and in a few hours they disappear.They get to measure 10 cm and sometimes more.He started for the first time before finishing the course and we have been almost the whole summer.Every day they seemed that the ones that came out until one day they did not come out ... they will have spent a month and peak and start again ... They are not every day, for now.Yes, I would appreciate that if you see that Aloe works, do not forget to give me the name.I hope it works for you.

DiabetesForo
10/07/2010 8:51 a.m.

Hi Tica,

Yes, having type I diabetes is a great whore.Tell me, that has happened to me.Until I had the police and the emergency doctors at home for a serious hypo, because I broke and behaved as if it were an animal.It is at times like those in which you realize how extremely vulnerable we are.

If you are concerned about the collateral damage of advanced glycation by -products, you could start taking some antioxidants.I, for example, usually take 250 - 500 mg of benophotiating every day.Other anti-main are aminoguanidine and fleshy.You have to see the price, because according to which brands or where or buy the differences are notable.
As I have already commented, I am satisfied with the Benfo, which I buy in the USA through eBay of the Life Extension brand.I could happen without her, but I feel calmer like that.
I commented on another Thread that I am curious to hear from someone who has some diabetic complication and starts to take bustphotiat in high doses (500+ mg).It has to be noticed.:?

Salu2 from a sufferingman

Barkuti's profile photo
Barkuti
10/08/2010 9:55 p.m.

Well, a 7.1 hemoglobin is to congratulate the diabetic.Do not obsess with your view, you can have the same probalems as any other mortal and as added some more incidence in cataracts and retinopathy.With that good control I do not think there is anything important and normally the symptoms of retinopathy are others.In any case, diabetics should be performed retinographies (or failing background belling every 1-2 years) when they have been with the disease for several years.

Courage and congratulations for that gyrose (believe me that it is good for a Diábetico, from Hehco below 8.5 He is almost considered good control in the current clinical guides).Surely with some therapeutic adjustments you get that they vary less those glycemia.

pedro jiménez's profile photo
pedro jiménez
10/11/2010 4:07 p.m.

I think that the current clinical guides are not "very updated", in reality, because we have 8 is not good (7 or less, it is already going into a good quality of life).
And a background every 1 or 2 years?For God's love !!!!
They must be done every 6 months (Castilla La Mancha --- & GT; every 6 months / La Rioja ----- & GT; every 6 months / Cantabria ----- & GT; every 6 months).
There are things that outrak me, I'm sorry.

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
10/13/2010 5:17 a.m.

I also believe that an 8 hemo is very bad, of course my endocrine already considers a hem above 7 and it seems right to me, as long as there are no complications, of course .... of course ....

DiabetesForo
10/13/2010 5:20 a.m.

From the UKPDS study, where the consequences of a glycosylated above 7% were defined and clearly demonstrated, saying that an 8% glycosilated is fine for a person of less than 50 or 60 years is a barbarity ... only, only,Ultimately and in people with little life expectancy that glycosilada can be accepted as a good result.

Clinical Practice Guidelines (in English):

DM2 treatment algorithm of the GEDAPS network:
Link ... 3-2009.pdf >

Diabetes Plan Valenciana 2006-2010:
<!.san.gva.es/Public ... 0

In all updated references, 7% is the key, even the ADA (American Diabetes Association) reduces 6.5%
I go even further, every doctor who keeps a person with type 2 diabetes above 7%, with the current pharmacological tools seems to me an alleged criminal (saving the many cases of passotism of the patient himself).

DiabetesForo
10/13/2010 9:46 a.m.

Hello, I am new, both in the forum and with diabetes.I have debuted at age 38, apparently I am of type 1 since there are antibodies, for now I am in the "honeymoon" that goes name they have put him, but I notice that two days here I get as urticaria, which appearsand disappears.Does anyone else happen?Can it have to do with dibets?

malajaki's profile photo
malajaki
12/09/2011 7:52 p.m.

Hello, welcome to the forum

Diabetes sometimes are usually associated with other disorders.
Other autoimmune diseases, greater probability of infections ...

Urticaria is one of those cases.
Urticaria manifestations usually increase with hyperglycemia and therefore in newly diagnosed people.

Anyway, to get calm that your header or endocrine doctor sends you to the dermatologist to rule out anything else.

DiabetesForo
12/10/2011 4:21 a.m.

Hi Tica

Look, I debuted with 14 years, there in 1979, I had my daughter in 1996, bone 17 years of evolution and my hem was in 8 with something ....

Let's see, with a lot,Caesarean section.

Today he is 15 years old and it is the best I have done in my life.

Ah! He was in neonates 8 days PQ had hypoglycemia at birth and thus controlled it, weighed 3,500kg and measured 54 cm, great, but the height came from race ... haha ​​haha

Tankila, that I did not know at that time the intake of now because of rations, hydrates, sensitivity to insulin etc, not even the basal, at that time we were with the Mixtard 30/70, and everything went well.

TICA BESAZOS.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
12/10/2011 4:25 p.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

I am very sorry for the weather, I see that this thread began and ended 15 months ago, I apologize, next time I will look at the dates.
Sorry Tica.: Oops:

romevila's profile photo
romevila
12/11/2011 2:03 p.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

It doesn't matter, Romevila, everything you tell us is very good for us.A hug :)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/11/2011 6:53 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.