And tobacco or talk !!!!

puri's profile photo   10/23/2010 2:09 p.m.

Hello again
When they take everything suddenly, it seems that the world is going to end.I speak of removing, when you no longer have the freedom to eat sausages, sweets, alcohol, that beer of the family snacks, the same snacks, a good piece of pizza etc., etc., and on top of that you have to letSMOKING.
I am (or rather it was almost), smoker 20 years ago, 20-30 (we always say less) cigarettes a day, when suddenly they tell me outside tobacco yet. I can't, and now I am in the typical of laterOf the meals between 3 and 5 (half cigar, I do not usually smoke whole).I do not know how to replace the anxiety of the nicotine, or what to do when I get those imperious desire to smoke, even if it is only a little cauldita, I stay calm.Every former man says he replaces him eating, but there is my problem.If we are diabetics and we cannot abuse meals out of time (pipes, sweet bread .........) Can you know what I do?In addition, is it possible that this nature also modifies me glucose levels so crazy?
AJUGUIEN THAT IS BY THIS HE HAVE BEEN ACHIEVE IT (I don't think it's the only diabetic that smokes), please can you say how?If it has to be suddenly, how is it done?If I avoid the first in the morning, will it be easier for me?
Ah, I have no problem in case of fattening.
A thousand kisses

puri's profile photo
puri
10/23/2010 2:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

And have you taken it to you for being diabetic or for another reason?Talk to your header, there are many medications to help quit smoking. They are not miraculous, but a small help, it is always welcome. I have spoken with people of my work who have left it with a medicine, which is expensive (good, not if we compare it with the cards that I buy per month) and many have worked for them. You have obviously to be convinced, which is the most complicated, since for me it is not the monkey not the worst, it is the habit, thehabit.

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
10/23/2010 2:59 p.m.

They have taken it away from being diabetic and other disease, which is linked to the taking of complex medicines, such as very powerful corticosteroids and immunosuppressants, but almost the whole failure with the kidneys.All doctors insist that within all complications, I must take a tiny care with diabetes, so it takes me head.
Thanks and a kiss

puri's profile photo
puri
10/23/2010 3:16 p.m.

I left it two years ago when you debut.
It was very hard to start like your smoking only after meals, but that doesn't work.
After several unsuccessful attempts, I got it fighting the first, only against the first in the morning.
I got it and I have been smoking for two years.
At first it is very hard, but then you realize the benefits, you begin to savor the alliments, you have better smell, you breathe better, you sleep better, you go up stairs and not jadeas, etc, etc, etc.
It is worth making that great effort.

Much encouragement.

antoni's profile photo
antoni
10/23/2010 4:52 p.m.

I am also diabetic and smoker, and I don't leave it either.The days I try to leave it "entrenchero" in the fridge and I do not leave, from there my subsequent hyperglycems.I have a preblema like you, the difference is that I am 18 years old!

jonar200's profile photo
jonar200
10/23/2010 5:16 p.m.

Hi Puri:

I have detected diabetes since August 2009, the day they told me I went out with the glucometer in hand and with morals for the soil, I knew very well that my ballot was in the hype, the genes usually inherit, well theIf I alone, because nobody told me anything, I went eating the coconut in the journey by car from the clinic home, I had a cigarette in the pitillera and its corresponding lighter, I left it at the table in the living room, there it was thereAn entire year, I stopped showing it and helping, demonstrating myself that no one had forbidden anything, that in case of monkey and need, I was at my disposal.The mind sends and also have to have it entertaining, it is what I did in all this time, since that day I do not smoke at all, I have 3 kilos more, but I am the happiest of women.I have taken many gum without sugar and candies, and of course many liquids.I forgot to say that she was a package and a half smoking, almost 42 years she smokes that she smokes you.

Try it Puri, who does not try does not get it.

A kiss: p

Cloud

Nube's profile photo
Nube
10/23/2010 5:38 p.m.

Diagnosticada en Agosto del 2009, solicite la curva de glucosa, diabetes melitus II, actualmente tomo Jentadueto, dos al día. Glicosilada 6,4

Puri, I am not a diabetic, but also one day the doctor told me that or the tobacco out, or my health outside.

I smoked more than you, between two and three daily cages of black tobacco.I knew that leaving it little by little was impossible, because, the less you smoke, the more you like what you smoke and the more you want the next cigarette to arrive.I tell you how I left it:

The first thing was to tell me: tomorrow I'm going to smoke until I get fed up, everything I want and more, until I even disgusted, but tomorrow will be my first day of non -smoker.
And I did that.I smoked and smoked that day.The next day, I didn't start the first one, and that told me, I'm not going to smoke the first.I didn't think about never smoking, but not smoking the first.
I forgot to tell you that the same doctor who told me to leave it, asked him to prescribe some anxiolytic that calmed me if anxiety came in.He prescribed me orfidal.

I changed the habits I associated with tobacco, such as sitting after breakfast, or food, or dinner.As soon as I finished, I got into motion and did not premit a minute of inactivity, so as not to give me time to miss tobacco.
I went out for long walks when it was possible.At work I disappeared lighters, ashtrays, etc.In my house, my husband and my son continued smoking, but I asked them not to do it in the room of being or where I was usually.

And when the night arrived, I was used early to avoid watching TV or any relaxation time associated with tobacco.

I bought a lies cigarette, in which I inhaled something mentolated, to sistine the "ritual" of having something in my hand, and suggested sugarless chupachups.

The first day had a good time, feeling strong for not turning on the first.From there, everything was much easier.The Orfidal box is more mediated, and almost 4 years ago I left it.

I don't believe in gum, patches, etc.of nicotine.Nicotine addiction leaves in a week.What it costs is to mentalize and replace the ritual of taking, lighting, etc.

If you are determined to leave it, you have already walked more than half of the way.

Believe me, you can, and end up being easy if you are mentalized and change habits.Ask for medical aid for anxiety and it will be good for you.

4 years ago, and I realize that quitting smoking is not, as we think when we smoke, deprive yourself of something that fills us.It is, on the contrary, to free yourself from something that enslaves us.But we don't see that until we have left it.

Courage and go ahead, that you can and you will not regret it.

As for the other pleasures, you don't have to give them.You just have to learn to handle yourself with treatment and know your body and how hydrates act, and you can give you the tributes that you want.

Health

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/23/2010 6:42 p.m.

Regarding drugs to quit the shampix is ​​getting well, it is expensive but less than tobacco.

On the other hand you can use some simple relaxation or care technique.

For example there is a way that is to breathe slowly and focus only on breathing.The normal thing is that they come thoughts that try to get us out of the state of relaxation and at the beginning it is difficult.It is a matter of training and persistence.

Tobacco has to be removed because it is bad for anyone, whether diabetic or not

All the best

pedro jiménez's profile photo
pedro jiménez
10/24/2010 9:13 a.m.

Hello everyone.
Well, I also want to encourage you to leave tobacco.I have been a compulsive smoker, and I have left it a lot of times.But the truth is that when I entered the hospital, I was so dusty, that even tobacco I knew me fatal, I smoked for anxiety rather than desire, but I couldn't even finish cigarettes.
I endured until I could not go to the hospital, I totally ignored the symptoms, and I was enduring how I could, one more day.The stick was so strong when they told me that it was diabetic, and I would have to click, that the truth, the youngest of my problems was tobacco.I spent a few days admitted, and when I left, I set out to quit smoking, and without aid of any kind I got it, the truth is that having the mind occupied as a cloud comments, and the truth is that I carry it very well, II feel much better, the benefits are many, for health and in the economy, that tobacco does not give it to.

I would like to say that I carry it so well with meals, because that costs me much more.But that is another story.

Sldos.

IMADIS's profile photo
IMADIS
10/24/2010 3:08 p.m.

If I can stop smoking, everyone can, it was in April when he debuts, enter the hospital with the marlboro and salt with the glucometer and insulin in the bag, since then not a cigar. And so happy that I am, I am,It's all on the head, I have enough to count on glycemia, and click to carry tobacco in my bag.
I encourage everyone to leave this bad habit.

All the best

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/26/2010 4:22 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.