Hello, I introduce myself.

DiabetesForo's profile photo   11/17/2010 2:16 p.m.

Hello everyone.

My name is Jose, I'm from Asturias and next December he will have 13 years that I was diagnosed with type I diabetes mellitus.

During these 13 years I have been with the following treatment: 3 punctures a day by mixing insulating NPH (although it has no longer has the NPH lyric in the name) + Actrapid and making about 5 meals a day (breakfast / food / dinner + somethingmid -morning + something in the middle of the afternoon).In principle that treatment has also been with more or less good times (giving 6.0, 6.2, ...) and less good times (giving 7.8 as in the last hemoglobin).

Although I think I could redirect the issue a bit to give six and peak again and similar ones have gathered several things for which I had to change the treatment: I had certain "pressures" in the health center that I go to material in terms of material, I have been all my life with lifelong insulin roads and syringes of a lifetime and for a couple of years I have begun to have the feeling that "the syringes of a lifetime, a feeling of having the material,Tasted, I also had certain "pressures" in the pharmacy of my neighborhood when taking the recipes of a lifetime of insulin vials, the typical of going with 4 road recipes of one type and 4 of the other and "good... At the moment you carry 2 roads of each and pass in the afternoon or tomorrow to the rest ... "It should be the last pringao of my neighborhood that in 2010 continued with insult+actrapid ... in fine ...Nor is it that these "pressures" were so serious, I am sure I could continue with the same treatment and give sixES again regardless of the nonsense in the health and pharmacy center but the reason for more weight has been the recommendation of myEndocrine (which in the end is what counts) to change insult+actrapid to Lantus+Apidra.

And in that I am ... I have been with Lantus+Apidra for less than a month, while doing a lot of controls a day, weighing everything or almost everything that as ... etc.

My first impressions are favorable but I only say it from this third week after the change PQ until we did not move the lantus at night to stop the dawn/Alba phenomenon the thing was quite bad.

What I am beginning to notice is that as much as they sell the lantus as insulin (or analog of) without peaks (peakless) and insulin (or analog of) that lasts 24 hours I disagree with both things, it is not that it has a very peakPronounced but in the first 6-8 hours "Debora" more than in the rest of the hours or at least the first 12 hours is stronger and the following only drops "and in terms of the duration of 24 hours... I believe that the last 1 or 2 hours recently or nothing and is not solved to upload it, I do not think it is an issue of raising the dose, I think it is more duration, it doesn't matter 30 than 3000 if both in bothCases will last 22 or 23 hours and you will be 1 or 2 hours sold, upload it I think only sinks you the rest of the day, maybe it is time to put an extra prick of apidra in the middle of the afternoon and snack ...

In fine, I hope to read some veteran of Lantus to see what you think of this.

I hope to catch the touch to the rapid apidra that Christmas approaches ...;)

Greetings.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/17/2010 2:16 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome Jose, here you will find many veterans with that treatment, we are all or with a bomb or with lantus/less an ultra -graph at meals, you have made a good change, especially desire in life.
Being patient, you know that at first it costs to find the right pattern.

DiabetesForo
11/17/2010 3:06 p.m.

Hello, TNT!I hope you get the trick on Lantus because it is much more comfortable than mixed, avoids peaks, so it gives you freedom of schedules in meals, which is very important to normalize life.
My daughter, unlike you, was not going well for Lantus at night because she produced nightclublate..
It came much better to put it in the morning (at 11h), it does not produce hypos and it lasts 24 hours.The truth is that this insulin gives much more stability and freedom than mixed slaves.
Welcome to the forum, we are also from Asturias we live in Oviedo: D

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/17/2010 4:03 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hi TNT,

I changed to Lantus at the beginning of leaving and totally agreed with you.Until I regulated the dose of Lantus (at first I put myself more) I had hypoglycemia maintained during the first 6-7 hours, and the rest of the day went from normal to high at the end of 24 h.
To avoid running out of insulin the last 2 hours I tried to click it at night (23: 30-24: 00) and thus cover the last two hours of the day with the novorapid of the dinner, it did not result, no night hypoglycemia every day.In the end I finished clicking on the Lantus at 2:00 p.m. and having breakfast at 10:00 with which from 10:00 to 14:00 I am covered with the Breakfast Novorapid.For me it has been the best option after trying a few.Of course, once you succeed with the dose and the best schedule, it has nothing to do with NPH+Actrapid, it gives you much more freedom of schedules and less hypoglycemia (unless your hand goes with the novorapid).
You will see how soon you get used to the new insulins and the bolis and you will not think about the above (I was one of those that defended the syringes and mixtures made by butt and I don't even remember that: d)

martagsc's profile photo
martagsc
11/17/2010 5:13 p.m.

Thanks for the welcome :)

I am also from Oviedo Regina :)

I am not afraid of the Lantus but if I have some respect, an Apidra error is a mistake that lasts 3-4 hours but an error of Lantus is a mistake that lasts 24 hours, I would not like to be between the sword and the24 hours wall.

At the moment I give myself with a song in my teeth for finding an hour that goes well (at 9:00 p.m.) since if I do not inject it at night there is no way to get up with good values, apparently I have a dawnSomething wild (perhaps the insult NPH that I used before with its peaks at 6-8 hours I covered it) not having nocturnal hypoglycemia is going to stay there (I am currently doing as 7 or 8 daily controls: all pre and post meals and post meals andone or two at dawn, not being working no problem to be on the subject).

The fact that it does not cover me 24 hours does not always do it only ... in short we will see that it can be done for that end of Lantus, maybe I have to move the puncture of Lantus from 21:00 to the23:00 or 0:00 and thus those last hours are covered with the Apidra of Dinner ...

Greetings.

DiabetesForo
11/17/2010 5:40 p.m.

I have use Lantus and Apidra, and I put it at 00.00, and ceno at 21.30-22.00 as I do not last 24 hours those 2 last hours I cover myself with the fast one, that if I have to wear much faster thanIn the previous meals, TB reversed a couple of yogurts because but receiver even if I go up to bed I lift me "scrape"
You will see how soon you find the solution: Mrgreen:

DiabetesForo
11/18/2010 3:30 a.m.

Hello Jose !!
I've been using Lantus + Novorapid for several years (and what is better than injections and vials "of a lifetime").
I agree with you in the peaks and 24 hours ...
I have tried all the hours to put it on and although the last thing was to put it at 00.00 h at night that caused me that every day in the morning or even at dawn I got up with a hypo of 25-30 (still looking up).
Now I put it back at 14:00 (more or less with food) and the last hours they cover me with the fast breakfast and for now I have a few days that works quite well (I touch wood).
Greetings!

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
11/18/2010 5:12 a.m.

Hi, Jose.
We also live in Asturias, specifically in Llanes.
I guess they will be treated at HUCA, right?There is a good team of endocrine and educators.
Of course, the option of Lantus and Apidra is infinitely better than the previous ones.My daughter also used them, although since the bomb has the change is spectacular.

For all doubts or to buy experiences, here you have us.

Greetings

DiabetesForo
11/18/2010 6:28 a.m.

A couple of doubts:

Bolis/Feathers theme :
What do you do with the bolis/feathers when they are about to end and do not reach the needed dose?Do you throw them and start a new one?What I am doing is the following but I do not know if it is the right thing: with the lantus step to split the puncture into two, I shoot the old ball/pen and start one from zero (already makes little things by itself the lantus in a singleprick to walk the puncture) with the apidra I do not care to leave the puncture into two.

Pan Theme :
Since I am on this subject, I have always eaten with whole wheat bread (if I am at home) its fiber content slows down the absorption of carbohydrates preventing a rise in blood glucose and blablabla ... but of course ... insulinasthat I used before they are not the same as those I use now and seeing that I am using an insulin (or analogue of insulin) ultra-opted or immediate action as the apidra may not be so interesting so much the topic of the fiber in the bread on the breadthat there is an insulin that "debor" blood glucose in a very short period of time (3-4 hours).Do you use whole wheat bread?Do you use white bread?What do you use?

DiabetesForo
11/18/2010 8:48 a.m.

Well, the bolis that are about to finish, throw them directly.And the bread, we eat it white, because, as you say, ultra -grape insulin does not need so much delay.In addition, with the whole wheat bread, my daughter came out sores in her mouth ..:-/.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/18/2010 10:04 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello!I also use Lantus and Apidra ... I punctuate the lantus in the morning, and almost always awake well-between 80-90-.
Regarding the bolis, when I debuted the endocrine that out of the frigOf course, in addition, it always has an air pompita ..

All the best!

María2542006's profile photo
María2542006
11/20/2010 2:11 p.m.

Maria, the bolis last 1 month from the first time they are used ... not that you take out the fridge, although like the ones we do not use, we are keeping them in the frigo, it almost always coincides: D

DiabetesForo
11/21/2010 3:08 a.m.

Helloaaaaaaaaaa,
How do the bolis last a month since the first time they are used?I put very little insulin of fast, there are days that 4 or 3, at breakfast I do not wear, and at night I put 1 units, and of course the bowling lasts much more than a month, slowly I wear 6 you,What I do is finish the ball, those who are without using if I have them in the fridge
Greetings

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
11/21/2010 4:20 a.m.

Anabeg reads the insulin prospect and you will see it ...

Since the first time you put 1 needle, air is already entering the "capsule" where insulin is and manufacturers recommend that the product is discarded at 28 days.

In the prospect you must put something like this:
The product in use has a validity period of 4 weeks.

In the case of Levemir:
After the first use, the product can be kept for a maximum of 6 weeks at a temperature not exceeding 30ºC.

Just as you do not eat an expired yogurt even if you have it in the fridge, with this you must do the same

DiabetesForo
11/21/2010 4:45 a.m.

Well, the endocrine told me that they lasted a month out of the fridge!.. :?
I will read the prospect now anyway
thanks for the information!;)

María2542006
11/21/2010 5:18 a.m.

Thanks for the information, since he debuted 7 months ago they had not told me anything, I always finish them, and so far nothing has happened, I will ask the educator anyway, it is that I am going to throw the bolis almost full
Greetings,

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
11/21/2010 8:14 a.m.

In the case of Sanofi Aventis products (Lantus, Apidra, ...) in the prospect: he says:

5.Lantus conservation (Apidra)
Keep children's reach and view.

Do not use Lantus (Apidra) after the expiration date that appears in the container and label.The expiration date is the last day of the month indicated.

feathers without using
Keep in fridge (between 2ºC and 8ºC).Do not freeze.
Do not place alone (Optiset, Opticlick, ...) near the fridge freezer compartment or next to a cold accumulator.
Maintain the preloaded pen in the outer packaging to protect it from light.

feathers in use
The preloaded pen or to carry it as a reserve, must be kept for a maximum of 4 weeks at a temperature below 25ºC and protected from light and direct heat.The pen in use should not be stored in the fridge.Do not use this period of time.

Medications should not be thrown out of drains or garbage.Ask your pharmacist how to get rid of the containers and medicines you don't need.In this way it will help protect the environment.

Although in the Spanish prospect he puts 25ºC once the feathers have begun in other semi-official documents speak of 28ºC and in others the temperature is given in degrees Fahrenheit.

Anyway, luckily or unfortunately I do not disappoint me from the feathers because of those time limitations I finish them much earlier.Seeing the majority of your firms your doses seem very small ... or you are very small or you lead a very active life or do a lot of exercise or have a very low insulin resistance or a mixture of all of the above ... noI want to scare anyone by putting my doses in the signature of the forum but between Lantus and Apidra I wear about 80 U.I.per day (and it is more or less the same thing that put me with the insulins I used before: Insulatard + Actrapid) perhaps it is that I am more well (measured over 180 cm and weight over 85 kg) I lead a more or less sedentary life andIt may have insulin resistance greater than the forum average.

DiabetesForo
11/21/2010 8:57 a.m.

Helloaaaaaaaa,
TNT, I wear very little insulin because I am on a honeymoon, I exercise anyway, and I am very active, when the honeymoon ends because I will need more insulin, that's why the bolis take me a long time, the one I have nowI put it more than a month ago, in mid -October
Greetingsssssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
11/21/2010 11:57 a.m.

I get on the 22nd u lantus + 14 or 6 of Apidra, it depends on what eats and what moves me ... I notice very much to move (I no longer say exercise) or not, on weekends (whichI barely move) to the rest of the week that in the morning I am quite active, my insulin needs change, I am very sensitive to exercise.
greetings!

María2542006
11/21/2010 1:45 p.m.

TNT, I have been "user" of Lantus some ... 7 years.I do not know what to tell you in the comparison with the NPH because honestly, I have no memory of how my glycemia were at those times (I was 9 years old, I was wearing it but not so much as now ... I don't remember it)

I have lived the same thing we have here all: than 24h Nanai.As for the peaks, I think it works better than the NPH.Like everyone here, I had to try several hours of injection, but I ended up staying with the morning and I didn't work badly.The truth is that the last hours were a bit lazy, as you say, sometimes a bit of we do not know what factors.I was still happy.

Everything in this world is to do it, so ... take a little time and wait to adjust it, then you will be more comfortable.As for the errors of 24h, it is true that it is more dangerous because the effect remains more, but I sincerely do not advocate the mixed or crazy.I think I only used them in my debut, and never again.I am a firm defender of the Bolis forever, and by simple theory, I think that the mixed do not conform to the normal rhythm of any person.They are infinitely more difficult to adjust than slow+quick+combinations.

Greetings and welcome.

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
11/21/2010 5:22 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.