I need help, please help me

naiara's profile photo   11/24/2010 6:10 p.m.

Hello everyone, I am 24 years old, I am new to this I got type 1 diabetes 5 months ago and I am carrying it very badly, I'm very afraid that something happens to me.And although everyone tells me that I have a normal life I cannot try but I can not be as if I was blocked.I no longer go out for fear that I am afraid of staying at home alone I get very nervous and with a lotI can and little by little I am closing myself I do not leave the house I do not know with my friends, I am afraid to go to dinner alone ... I don't know if anyone passed through what I am happening ... if someone can help me I will appreciate itI don't know anymore I can do

naiara's profile photo
naiara
11/24/2010 6:10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, welcome to the forum.Of course, it is not that you can, you must lead a normal life.If you are afraid of hypoglycemia, get controls to see how you are going, learn to identify hypoglycemia (tremors, sweat, hunger, headache, dizziness), teach your friends/classmates to identify hypoglycemia and know what they have to do andAbove all, fear expires, it seems that no but in case of hypoglycemia, knowing how to recognize it in time, maintain control over yourself and keep your head lucid as far as possible is what can make a difference between knowing how to react and overcomeHypoglycemia or be paralyzed and others have to give you a hand because you are not able.
I recommend that you notice in an association of diabetics and attending their talks, staying ... You will see how you are gradually doing with control and in a few months you will laugh at your fears of the beginning and make a totally normal life.

martagsc's profile photo
martagsc
11/24/2010 7:26 p.m.

Hi Naiara,
You have to try to make a normal life, having diabetes does not take away from doing things, you can lead a completely normal life although with some limitations
As Marta tells you, point to an association, there you will meet people like you and they will help you a lot, many dares, you will see how little by little you go better, and go through the forum, here there are people who will help you a lot and will answerTo your doubts
Greetingsssssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
11/25/2010 1:42 a.m.

Welcome, and quiet, you are learning.

At first everything seems uphill and very complicated, but in a short time you will see how you control it.

Do not worry about what you can or not do for the moment, do what you want to do at all times and do not force the situation.If you want to leave, do it, and if you prefer to stay at home, do it.

The first thing is to control those levels of sugar, and avoid hypos.For that, measure yourself regularly, before each meal, two hours after each one, and if you want any more between hours to see how you are going.

The hypos, especially the fat people, notify you, so do not worry, always carry some sugar or something sweet, and see your normal life.But without hurry, as you ask for the body.Do not be overwhelmed by "what can happen", prepare for "what may happen" although later, nothing never happens.

The principles are a bit more complicated, but they exceed, the first months, as a day towards a little more exercise, I was already downturn.Now, just a year and a half later I get to be doing physical effort, and without problems.Everything is a matter of controlling.

I encourage, and see how you feel.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
11/25/2010 2:26 a.m.

Hi Naiara:
Nothing to add to what they have told you here, just welcome you and as you can see in the forum, we all lead a very normal life and if we have been able to achieve it, you will not get it so do not discourage.Tell us everything you want and ask what you want us to be here to help you.

A kiss

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/25/2010 3:43 a.m.

Hi Naiara, Welcome !!!
My daughter is 12 years old, she debuted with 5 and I assure you that diabetes has not prevented him from doing anything that any of her friends is done ... just has to take into account certain measures so that everything works more or less well.
Anyway, if you are so afraid, it would not be bad for a psychologist to see you, talk to your endocrine or your head doctor to see if they can derive you, surely it would help you reduce your anguish.
Much encouragement !!!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/25/2010 4:14 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Naiara, look I don't have diabetes, it is my daughter who has her 3 years ago (now she is 7 years old) ... When I debut I made the world on me, like everyone else, I start thinking about the things that I could notMake my daughter: to the first birthday we went to take her snack and ate at her time, while everyone had already done it, the cake or the tried, all the time aware of her, that she did not run excessively, well well, an overwhelmed summer and I thought we could not go to its favorite aquatic park, the skating removal, well, 1 series of things that I think now and I laugh ... Now go to all the fulfillment, snack the same as the same as the same asThe others (already calculate the insulin, even to the eyelet and if it is at the same time then I correct and in peace), we have gone 3 times to the aquatic park, that yes, loaded with juices and sugar and with coins to take some ice cream or some extra hailstorm, he skated again, which by the way makes it great, well, that does everything, I lean more things than other children without diabetes because it is 1 Energy whirlwind.
Give yourself your time, yes, sign up your whole daily routine to learn, I write everything, if you have swimmed, as you have reacted to keep it or modify it, if it is a party or there is school, if you eat vegetables or pasta ...And you will see how in little you change your attitude ... Many kisses from Zaragoza.

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
11/25/2010 4:54 a.m.

Thank you very much to everyone for their advice, the truth is that it is the first time I sign up for a forum and I didn't know that I would have such fast answers.Everyone tells me that I do time and what time to time but I see that time passes and I do not fan I take a step for the forest and two on the back.When I debut I didn't know that this was so difficult no longer because of meals because I carry them well or have to click because I also take them well.My fear is what something happens to me and I stay in a coma .... I don't know how to solve it in time and I am always in tension that I notice something weird I'm clicking on me the same thing has nothing to do but I am so scaredI do not control the truth.And I am already very tired I have no strength to continue with this rhythm of life because everything has changed me I can be like you but I am not so strong or I do not have so much willpower.My boyfriend has gone to live in Barcelona and I am proposed to go with him but it scares me and if something happens to me and if I am alone and it is not resolved?Kedo with my friends I don't leave home as before.Before and I loved being at home now I am very afraid ... I have done to me about work because of diabetes ... as you see, I was doing so uphill that I would like that I would arrive a day when I could be like you to writeand say that I did a world of all this and that it is not so much. I am so scared that I give a furte hypoglycemia and kedarme in a coma that I try not to strive in anything that can cause it ... Encima to top it off when I get lowso nervous that it takes a long time to get on the nerves that enter me and I think that it will not upload me ... Anyway, thank you all for interest in me for me

naiara's profile photo
naiara
11/25/2010 6:32 a.m.

Hi Naiara!
Obviously you have very little with the disease, and there are still many doubts and many adjustments to make, but as they tell you, time to time, this is not a day or two and two and have everything controlled. Many we have been with this for years, andEven so, it is still costing. They are not exact sciences, but it is like driving, over time, you get loose and you are going to light.
Obviously, the fear of fat hypos, we all have them, but you can't live with that fear always, it is useless.Nor can we live with that fear, right?Well, it is already there to control the disease, not let the disease control you.that fire you from work for being diabetics. There are many ignorant people who do not know what it is, but in this life there must be everything.
When you have a hypoglycemia, and more when you do little that you have debuted, you will notice it immediate, with traquility, without nerves, and this, you take a juice or something with rapid absorption sugar, and immediately notes the improvement. If you go down the street, because more of the same, always carry with you sugar, or glucose pills, and that's it. If you're going to live with your boyfriend, you have to explain how your illness works, and how to react in case you have a hypo and he does not know how to act.He gave me a hiccup (I had seizures and everything, although I don't remember anything), my mother ran to put on the glucagon. Imagine the people of the poor when I saw such a perceal of seeing her daughter like this ... but she left her nervesOn one side, which with nerves does not help or serve anything, and with cold blood and speed, put the glucagon. Then when I recover, there was already time to release my nerves and take a cry of the two, for the fright, for the scare,oh well.
Much encouragement, and you will see how with time and with optimism, you get it better.
And there I am, fighting day by day

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
11/25/2010 7:42 a.m.

Hello, Nairra.
Fear is a normal reaction to the unknown.When the unknown ceases to be and becomes something known, fear disappears.
You must put the batteries and start knowing your illness and how your body reacts.You may need your educator to help you.But the important thing is that you realize that diabetes can control it.You can do it.I see that you become frequent glycemia controls.Well, write down the results and all circumstances (meals, exercise, diseases, etc.) in a notebook and see the educator with her.She will help you adjust to avoid hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia.
Anyway, hypoglycemia cannot always be avoided.However, you can avoid consequences.Always carry with you some juice, sugar envelopes or glucosport tablets.With that you can solve hypoglycemia without problems.
As for leaving, you can not only, but you must.Simply explain to your friends what happens to you and how they can help you if it gives you severe hypoglycemia, and the subject resolved.

If despite everything you fail to solve your fears, ask for psychological or psychiatric help.

And here you have us for any questions or fear that arises.You will see how in a very short time you have surpassed it and you make normal life, like all of this forum.

Health and welcome home.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/25/2010 8:21 a.m.

Hi Kekiya and if I don't have anyone who can prick with glucagon?That is, if I go to Barcelona, ​​I will spend a lot of time because my boyfriend works and I don't have family or anyone who would happen if they do not punctuate me in time and find me incoose ???Isn't that your body let you know ?? When you have a bass ??Doesn't your body notify you of what the sugar was going down?It's all so difficult and complicated and there so many things to do ... it costs so much ...

naiara's profile photo
naiara
11/25/2010 8:29 a.m.

Hi Naiara,

The first thing you have to do is to reassure yourself and not think that you will always be hypoglycemic and that you will have to click glucagones with each hypoglycemia.In the time you have been, how many glucagones have you had to put you?
Generally hypoglycemia there are a few, even more than one per day, but who require glucagon are the least, there are people who are expired the glucagones in the fridge, others never use them and others that in more than 20Years we have seen 1 or 2, so as you see, this is not so frequent.The risk exists, of course, and you must know it but not always have that will happen to you.Most of the time it is solved with a juice, a Coca Cola or cookies.
At first you can even try to maintain slightly higher blood glucose levels, nothing will happen to maintain a little higher than normal (100-150) figures until you trust and know how to identify hypoglycemia, then everything will be easier.
Where are you from?Surely in your city there is some association where you can learn more diabetic people, that will help you.In Barcelona there are also associations.
99% of the time before reaching a glucagon you will notice sweat, weakness, tiredness, hunger, tremors and a thousand and a symptoms that will give you the alarm.And if you are not sure how you are always controlled.
Get to work as soon as possible and do not let this dominate you that it is not worth it.If you need something you know where we are

greetings

martagsc's profile photo
martagsc
11/25/2010 8:56 a.m.

Naiara, did not tell me why I did things wrong. I explain to you: I lay down with a short figure, and I did nothing or take anything.
Anyway, that insulin did not go well, so they changed it to me, but hey, it is another singing. It never more happened to me again, and whenever I have a low, I let my body warn of. If you don't have anyone, put on, until you take the truqui, the alarm clock at several hours at night, so you measure yourself and you can control how are you..

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
11/25/2010 9:01 a.m.

Hello,

The problem of hypoglycemia is at night, for the day you will see how you control them.Get analysis of two hours to eat, for me it is the worst hour because you have been able to eat less hydrates or have a heavy digestion, you will gradually control it.If you are afraid to be alone all day, tell your boyfriend to call you at eating, little by little you will see that it is not necessary.My mother at the beginning came twice to the nursery to do two controls, when I already went to the insituto I told my tutor that it was diabetic, but most of the teachers did not know.On the other hand, a partner began with diabetes with 16 years, and he made an exhibition to all the classmates of what was diabetes, I speak with all the teachers, they had their photo in the Teachers Room (by request of the family)And every time he had a hypoglycemia he went home, in case something happened to him ... Over time you see it more normal, you know how to write your body and hypoglycemia are noticed and much ...

I've been with diabetes for 23 years, I started being very small, 3 years.And they just had to put the glucagon once and I was conscious but I kept vomiting and was on the mountain and the sugar went down more and more.My mother called the endocrine that took me in Zaragoza and told her to prick my glucagon even if I was aware and that they would download to Zaragoza that they could a dropper.It is the only time that I have needed it and it was about to do the donkey, I was about seven years old and I did 40 km by bike and they sat me very badly: P

You will see how you overcome fear and one day you will go to bed and say, Jo today I have not thought about diabetes, you will have put insulin, you will have done your controls but as if it were something else in life, how to wash your teeth ....

tica's profile photo
tica
11/25/2010 9:06 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

An off topic: Tica, where are you from?I am from Zaragoza, who takes you?

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
11/25/2010 9:41 a.m.

Nacho, like you, from Zaragoza.They take me in Miguel Servet the Dr Acha.I am very happy.Who takes you?

tica's profile photo
tica
11/25/2010 10:52 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Hello Marta I am from Pamplona.But I would like to go to Barcelona to live with my boyfriend and well I will have to look for a center where they give me material ... a diabetic association .. I would like to be there with him but I can not adapt to me there it costs me a lot and thatI am with my parents .. Oh so much time alone and without knowing anyone ... and with what I hurry ..

naiara's profile photo
naiara
11/25/2010 1:28 p.m.

Well, maybe the change is good for you and adapt to live in another environment ... You will see that after a few changes, and some willpower is not as fierce the lion as they paint it.

martagsc's profile photo
martagsc
11/25/2010 1:40 p.m.

I hope Marta is right because I do not want to give up all the friends when leaving ... when making a normal life because of the diabetes I know what Ke Kiero is to be normal and do what I did before I try to put willpower of will but eske me meI demoralize so much because there is not a single day that I feel comfortable I always have something ... when it is not a low is a rush ... when it is not an anxiety and a fear so great that it prevents leaving home ... andThat makes me get it because the truth is that I have enough I do not want to have this to be pending ... and all days with a terrible fear that I am a diabetic coma eske I am not enjoying life with the 24I have years and give up everything to give up my boyfriend with the KE I can have a future in another city because of this ... I continue as much as possible to move forward but eske I can not do as uphill I do not do as you do and you do andIf I spend the same thing to me when you debuted ... I do not have to have this and the worst eske I know never to kitar and never take it I try but I do not do not force you as much as you are all very apprehensive and I alwaysI put in the worst I think I will never be able to overcome it I see myself locked at home forever without having anything useful ...

naiara's profile photo
naiara
11/25/2010 1:57 p.m.

Naiara, what I see is that you have an exaggerated problem of anxiety.That can only solve the doctor.Go as soon as possible to the family doctor and eat it.You may need a soft treatment that helps you put your mind in place and give you enough calm to think calmly,
and take away exaggerated fears.
Do not leave it that way because you can get worse and then it is more difficult to leave.You will feel better as soon as you treat anxiety, and everything will begin to be much easier.
A hug :)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/25/2010 3:29 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.