{'en': 'Renewal of the driving card of a diabetic', 'es': 'Renovacion del carnet de conducir de un diabetico'} Image

Renewal of the driving card of a diabetic

DiabetesForo's profile photo   04/10/2014 7:57 a.m.

First of all good morning and greet you all.

I am new in the forum and I do not know if someone has ever talked about the east theme.

Yesterday I went to renew the driving license, and all good, they do the corresponding tests and as a different thing to other times, they ask me if I suffer from any disease, including diabetes.

I answer that I am taking metformin for half a pill at breakfast and a half at dinner.

Until and all good, when all the tests pass, they tell me that there is a new law, which says that for diabetics they can only give us the permit of driving for 5 years, because diabetes can vary, to which I answer that then the thenrates to pay will also be minors and tell me no, that they are the same.

I am outraged, are the diabetic conductors different from the other conductors suffering from another type of chronic disease?

Are everyone who has a chronic disease in the same situation?

Do we have to pay more than others that they don't have?

Has anyone stated about this issue?

I did not choose to be diabetic, I touch and period, and I try to carry out my best.We have to deprive ourselves of many things, so that they tell you that by the fact of being diabetic the driving license is given to you for 5 years instead of 10 years and charging you the same."WHAT A SHAME"

Can someone inform me about this issue?

What will be the next we will have to carry a sign that says "diabetic danger"?

Greetings!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/10/2014 7:57 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @Gustavo, the subject has been treated quite depth in the forum, I recommend that you read these threads:

Moral doubt driving license.Renewal.- Questions about the ...
So I understand the diabetic driver is obliged to renew more ... I renew the driving license in November and I was diagnosed with DM1 in ...
Link
Driving card renewal - Diabetes • Diabetes Forum
When I debuted, the endocrine recommended that when I renew the driving license I did not say that it was diabetic because they were everything you hit and would have to ...
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
04/10/2014 10:18 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I'm not going to say it ...

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
04/10/2014 10:24 a.m.

Hello.
I live in ZGZ and approx.1 month I called to request information on the renovation price of the driving license for my husband, to the traffic leadership) we still did not know that it was diabetic.
I tell you what they said:
They told me that there was no discount either for pensioners or retirees, although what happened was that the rates are paid in relation to the time for which they gave you the card, that is, that a person of more than 65 years, as the card is usually given for 5 or 3 years, the rates are lower than for one who give it to 10 years.
Inform well, because here I already tell you what they informed me, moreover, we went to a center to make recognition, which are now the ones who process the entire process (at least here) and indicated the same.
If you reported in one of those centers perhaps ............................ they wanted to earn extra money

I hope I have helped, even if it is a few months.

LAZALOP's profile photo
LAZALOP
07/02/2014 3:26 a.m.

Hello, I am also from Zaragoza.
And no, there is no discount for 5 years, there are up to 5 years.When we renewed it every year, very little was paid, then every 4 and the difference was little ... and from 5 years it is paid whole

tica's profile photo
tica
07/03/2014 9:42 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I believe that they should also put another type of rate at 5 years and not all complete because it is unfair.In addition, it should be a plus rather, to comply with the law.For example, half or a little more than half of the common price would agree, but no.Today I have paid the entire rate and it is unfair.As I always say, where to sign to stop suffering this supposed disease?Because I know he came without asking.

Venus13's profile photo
Venus13
03/24/2022 7:32 p.m.

For the renewal of a card you think is bad every 5 years, but to go to the ophthalmologist every year in case you have a complication, that seems good to you, they are the laws we must comply with, we have a serious illness ,,, you do not say that it is bearableAnd you are great, you still wanted them to renew the free card ,,, it seems that society is to blame for being diabetics and your fer seem to be a lie encouraging that it is not said, so the misfortunes and accidents come, you should giveexample

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
03/25/2022 2:25 p.m.

Andrespmat said:
For the renewal of card you think bad every 5 years, but to go to the ophthalmologist every year in case you have a complication, that seems good to you, they are the laws you have to comply, we have a serious illness, you do not say that it is bearable and you are great, you still wanted to renew the license for free ,,, it seems that society is to blame for being diabetic and your fer seem to lie encourageSay, so misfortunes and accidents come, you should set an example

We have to fulfill them, yes.But if the question is unfair, you have to fight.And it is not necessary to line it for it.With a firm, or comment is fine.What I would like and look just the adapted price if you have to make more renovations than a person without any medical treatment.In addition, all diabetics, like other diseases, each has their body and each case is different.Yes I am diabetics, but I have that luck, they do not give me low.

Venus13's profile photo
Venus13
03/25/2022 3:26 p.m.

Already, a car must pass itv every year and having certain years every six months, they are the laws (and they are not to skip them) not all diseases are the same, fighting is, for me, asking for retirement at 55, that meIt seems a good reinvidication and not say that I am wonderful and I am better than a non -diabetic and comments of those ,,,

andrespmat
03/25/2022 3:51 p.m.

Andrespmat said:
now, a car must pass itv every year and having certain years every six months, they are the laws (and they are not to skip them) not all diseases are the same, fighting is, for me, ask for retirement at 55, that seems to me a good reinvidication and not say that I am wonderful and I am better than a non -diabetic and comments of those ,,,

I have not said that it is better than a non -diabetic or that it is worse than a diabetic.Each carries the controls and different life.The life of each one is like colors.

Venus13's profile photo
Venus13
03/25/2022 5:38 p.m.

Well, I sign up for everything.To cost half the renewal of the card since they give us half of time and retirement with 55 (in fact the second I prefer ... 😂😂😂😂)

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/25/2022 5:49 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

andrespmat
03/25/2022 5:50 p.m.

Well, I see that the subject creates passions and some debate

In case it serves something, here in Germany, I imagine that we will all agree that more or less an advanced country, the driving license does not expire.I have it and I don't have to get any control every x periods.

The thing about Spain is a small mafia that gets money.Here there are practically no academies to drive because the father or relative is allowed to teach the son or daughter to drive.It is legal.You just have to drive with a relative with a card.And then pass the exam.There is no spending as much money and in Spain.And there is no control of specialized centers.It is a shame what happens in Spain with the issue of the card in my opinion.

And the endocrine told me that of course I did not have to declare my diabetes.Just always drive something high to be safer.Nothing else.And I take cars regularly and without problems.

Greetings and good weekend

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/25/2022 8:44 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
well, I see that the subject creates passions and some debate

In case it serves something, here in Germany, I imagine that we will all agree that more or less an advanced country, the driving license does not expire.I have it and I don't have to get any control every x periods.

The thing about Spain is a small mafia that gets money.Here there are practically no academies to drive because the father or relative is allowed to teach the son or daughter to drive.It is legal.You just have to drive with a relative with a card.And then pass the exam.There is no spending as much money and in Spain.And there is no control of specialized centers.It is a shame what happens in Spain with the issue of the card in my opinion.

And the endocrine told me that of course I did not have to declare my diabetes.Just always drive something high to be safer.Nothing else.And I take cars regularly and without problems.

Well, I think the German plan ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/25/2022 8:50 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

jldiazdel said:
well, I see that the subject creates passions and some debate

You are right here in Spain there are a few mafias starting with the DGT that charges you even for breathing the self -schools, the medical centers that do doctors have little, they only know how to make box etc ...

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
03/26/2022 9:06 a.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Of course, the DGT could look a little to the German system ...

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
03/26/2022 10:06 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Puff ... too much demagogy.

No one is free to give him a stroke, fainting, continuing sneezing with allergies and not that they limit the driving card, it is more can conduct public transport while a diabetic does not.

I already know 2 cases of stroke at the wheel of healthy people and accidents.One in the factory where he worked, an internal bus driver, took a partner who passed through one of the zebra crossings.

Step be the traffic laws.How not to exceed 20km in an overtaking .... often risk and have not updated the signals to allow overtaking at 90km/h on roads .... in short.

Psychotechnics are a scam;You pay and give it to you.They do that ...

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/27/2022 5:15 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Let's see, you have to be responsible and think about the consequences.If you are diabetic and hide it to remove or renew the card, you are in an irregular situation.If you have any mishap and discover that you are diabetic, insurance would not take care of anything.Cado one must assess the risk.

José María Salgado Úbeda's profile photo
José María Salgado Úbeda
03/27/2022 9:22 p.m.

The insurance takes over, for that the quota is paid to third parties and your own.
When you hire the car insurance does not make you a health test like health insurance.

It is more if the car is stolen and cause an accident covers third and the thief.

Royal Decree 818/2009 Diabetes Mellitus that requires hospital traffic in the last 3 months and cases of severe hypoglycemia in the last 3 months.

If you take an eye to Royal Decree, no one could drive and include not sleeping well ...

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/27/2022 10:25 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

In March of this year, a 29 -year -old driver overwhelmed four pedestrians with his vehicle after suffering a hypoglycemia crisis while driving on General Ricardos Street in Madrid.

During that same month, a video came to light in which a dangerous maneuvers of a driver circulating in a drunken state was seen.In the images it looks like a Civil Guard patrol stops the vehicle at the entrance of the municipality of Santoña (Cantabria).Later, health services found that the 70 -year -old was suffering severe hypoglycemia.

andrespmat
03/28/2022 10:13 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.